logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Kate Spade
Worst customer service I have ever experienced
2. (5 mins ago)
electronics8881.com
Beware
3. (13 mins ago)
Weekly Youth Pay
Website is scam – don’t waste time
4. (25 mins ago)

3830 Valley Center Dr. Suite 705-294
San Diego, California
Phone: (858) 350-7473
www.plimus.com
Complaints abound on this company! I ordered a download program that "guarantees to repair corrupt files" if you can see the preview in one of their windows. I could see one page of the file in their window, and ordered it for $39.95. Moments later, i got the invoice for double that! The program did not work, I immediately (within hours) asked for my money back, deleted their program (in case they use it to gather information from my computer), and deleted the corrupt file.

Plimus sends a fancy "Refund recovery Action" via e-mail, and say they will correspond to the vendor. Bunk! This is a back and forth for them to buy time to get the money from your credit card... this will go on for days and weeks if you let it. NOTIFY YOUR BANK/CREDIT CARD COMPANY IMMEDIATELY. GET A NEW CREDIT CARD AND CANCEL YOUR OLD ONE.

Reports online state that PLIMUS continues to debit your credit card ongoing, so BEWARE.

John Tyler
Norton, MA.
Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Sep, 2008 by   Gayle Peterson +2 Votes
I Agree! Plimus is a terrible company and Paypal isn't much better. I ordered a game download which was corrupt, didn't work and I needed to trash. Plimus wouldn't refund my money and Paypal only is concerned about whether or not the item was received, not if it was defective. They wouldn't do anything either. I will never download software again AND I WILL NEVER USE PAYPAL AGAIN. At least my credit card will stand behind their customer and reverse charges for products that are defective. Gayle
 9th of Sep, 2008 by   Jim Cummins 0 Votes
Bad experience ordering the-undelete through them also - total ripoff. Called them directly - so they SAY they will contact the vendor and issue a refund themselves in two days. We will see.

So far only bad feelings and un responded email.

Contested the charge on my CC right away,
 27th of Oct, 2008 by   Nicholas Chavis +1 Votes
How is this company still in business? I bought the Satellite-Tv-Player for my pc and the product was way below expectations. It cost 29.99 and the companys refund policy was like nothing I have ever seen before. They had this refund page that was over 2000 words long that covered their butts in case anything was wrong with the product. As long as you "received" the product then they will not refund your money back no matter how much your displeased with the products performace. I reported this on rip off report.com and the BeterBusinessBureau.
 29th of Oct, 2008 by   upspackofthieves 0 Votes
yah these people are RIP OFFS.. DONT USE THE SCUM..
 8th of Nov, 2008 by   LAHs 0 Votes
Similar things happened to me. I bought their "TV on
your PC" when our dish went down just before the
election (which I dearly wanted to follow). This was
an emergency situation where I just wanted to get
CNN and they clearly advertised CNN (together with
NBC, CBS etc. - I didn't check those).
There was no CNN as advertised, just some videos
from Spain in Spanish.
This is a big scam, do not be fooled by this company.
Yours very truly,
Helen Kirby
 25th of Jan, 2009 by   John Clifford -2 Votes
Hello guys, I have been looking for a decent PC TV Player for a year and, although there are a lot of controversial comments on this topic, I decided to give Plimus / satellite-tv-player a chance for their basic service of $29. Well, to be honest, this is the best TV player I have seen so far and, as far as it concerns me (I tried 6 other similar software in the meantime), I don't think you can get any better. Actually I am pretty happy with their product and i think it is worth the money. Therefore I don't understand why you are making so much fuss about it.. maybe you just wanted to watch pay-per-view TV for free and you got disappointed when you found out it is NOT possible to do it online?! :-) Guys, wake up! It doesn't work like that. Take it easy, John Clifford
 23rd of Mar, 2009 by   colwoopi +1 Votes
I also have had trouble with paying for the undelete program (which is a complete ripoff).
PayPal is only interested in items through eBay and as far as I can see both PayPal and Plimus are links in the chain of online fraud by not forcing the issues with the actual vendors.
Its time the intermediate companies actually follow up on complaints.
 11th of Apr, 2009 by   Jose Campo +1 Votes
Stay away from this company!!! You buy something and they add an anual subscription that you do not want. It happen to me twice. Please stay away from
this guys they are not americans.
J.campo Boca Raton, fl
 11th of Apr, 2009 by   Jose Campo 0 Votes
I like this program. thanks
 4th of May, 2009 by   Araneum +1 Votes
I am a buyer outside America for a software from this venfor www.phponly.com via Plimus.

My sincere advice is stop using Plimus service either you are buyer and seller. They are suck and poor customer service.

The called me for so-called phone verification after 15 hours later. I told them to call me back one hour later because I was driving on the highway.

Afterthat, they sent me email saying my phone is unreachable and has to supply them with a new phone number. Did what they want, and they have never call me back to complete or decline the sale.

They are not American company although they mailing ddress in USA.

Thx
Plimus unhappied customer
 19th of May, 2009 by   Ravi Verma +2 Votes
Yes, I have to say that plimus is a fraud internet company. Never use it, otherwise you will be making sales and they will never inform you about the sales. Your hardwork will go into their pocket.

You reputed services like amazon, etc. Never ever use plimus.

PLIMUS IS 100% FRAUD COMPANY.
 7th of Jul, 2009 by   Danuta +1 Votes
I too had a bad experience with Plimus.com. I paid for a service that was never delivered and I had a very hard time comunicating with the service provider. So I had enough and asked for a refund. I did receive confirmation email from Plimus, then an update to the confirmation in the form of "do not reply" email. So I was waiting for some response from Plimus. So far, no word, no refund. I didn, t have a bad online experience before, dealing mostly with clickbank - emails, or refund requests answered and resolved promptly. I regret not reading the testimonials before. But having had positive experience so far, I didn, t have misgivings. After all Plimus are still in business and offering secure payment options. Shame about not delivering !!
Definitely DO NOT USE Plimus.

Teresa
 6th of Sep, 2009 by   Hoffenberg -1 Votes
some people are really "clever buyers", they would like to have a TV PLAYER and their money back!!! They are aware a software cannot be sent back to the Seller, they have it on their PC, it works and they can watch any tv channel they want and, nevertheless, they ask for a refund, that is they would like to have a TV Player for free!!! They do not understand Sellers are not so stupid, if the software works why should they give the money back? Because a particular tv channel is not included in the channel offering? That is no good reason, I think.
 14th of Dec, 2009 by   KrisP +1 Votes
I have the similar experience. I downloaded their data recovery software which did not recovery any data. They wasted a week's worth time about the whole refund procedure and finally closed the refund request accusing me of not taking proper actions in spite of following all their instructions which now I can understand were all bogus in the first place and just stalling tactics to get money from the credit card account.
I wonder if there is a way to sue them if there are so many of us duped by this bogus company and why is it still allowed to operate?
 30th of Dec, 2009 by   Slimus rip off +1 Votes
Also scammed by plimus. I ordered a $30 game archiving program. It was just a word document that told me to buy a specific DVD rom drive from a specific vendor on E-bay. Asked for refund and got the same runaround as many of the above posts.
 6th of Jan, 2010 by   Derekf 0 Votes
Plimus is a bona fide E-commerce facilitator giving online payment services to thousands of vendors and affiliates worldwide, and we have handled millions of secure online transactions. We work with all major banks and credit card companies.

Due to the many thousands of products passing through our system we are unable to verify the quality or suitability of products sold using our secure payment system, but we maintain a round-the-clock customer service unit which can be contacted by any buyer who wishes to cancel their transaction or feels that a wrongful charge has been made. This offers a level of customer protection in the event that you do encounter an inappropriate seller.

The suggestion that credit cards are inappropriately debited is simply incorrect. The debit is shown in Plimus' name as we are the merchant of record vis-a-vis the credit card processor for the transaction. Unless there is a case of outright credit card theft/fraud the transaction will relate to a purchase that has been made. In the event of theft/fraud then obviously account holders will be refunded.

Fuller details can be found about our US-based company at: http://www.plimus.com

Our customer service url is: http://home.plimus.com/ecommerce/buyers/buyers-support

Many thanks,

Derek, Plimus
 17th of Feb, 2010 by   agam +1 Votes
Plimus and Wordmaker ripped me off for $149.00. I wish I had come here first.
 2nd of Mar, 2010 by   floodconcepts +1 Votes
Plimus is the worst payment processing company I've ever dealt with. Their support sucks. If you wanna know more, just google "Plimus scam".

We work with plimus on a regular basis and we have heard horrendous stories from customers about how horrid the customer service people were. We encountered first hand when recently, we had some issues with Plimus and had to call them for help. And boy were our customers right! They were slow in responding to our queries and no one takes accountability of who is in charge. They push responsibility from one person to another and ultimately after more than a week, we still do not have a solution to our problem with Plimus. The worst was their customers support representatives. They male representatives were generally still rather helpful. The ladies, especially a particular one called Carrie, are not helpful and have a tendency to hang on the phone. Please beware of Carrie. They do not name a horror flick after her for nothing.
 17th of Mar, 2010 by   giugiadue -1 Votes
The complaints I have found on this page are from "bad Payers" and "clever Customers"!!! I have been working with Plimus for many years and I can assure you that people who do not get a refund are people who are not right in asking for their money back. Their refund requests do not comply with the terms and conditions governing sales online, nevertheless they insist to be refunded. Plimus people are very correct: rules are rules!!!
 26th of Mar, 2010 by   Taken In by Plimis +1 Votes
DO NOT Attempt to do business with Plimus. And, for goodness sakes, do not contact their customer service department . . . just a ruse to add more charges to your credit card. Again, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH PLIMUS.

The Fake Till Scam