logo

Barcalounger Corporation
Poor business practices!
3. (5 mins ago)
savefromcancer.org
Fraudulent charges and no idea how to stop them
4. (11 mins ago)
savefromcancer.org
Seller ignores customers and doesn’t deliver orders
5. (13 mins ago)

Plenty of Fish

Posted: 2011-11-04 by    Barb Roberts

Imposter/Sexual Predator on Site

Plenty of Fish
I met a person on this website last week. I see others have complained on your board about the site also. I met a person and chatted for 5 days. He confessed on thee 6th day that he was an impostor. He sent me 2 detailled nude photos the prior day that disgusted me. He confessed that he had taken a male model photo and another photo and used them as his profile photos. Actually he was 40 years older than the person he claimed to be. He explained in detail how he wanted me in an intimate setting. I explained to him that I was not interested in this type of friendship. He apologized over and over again. He claimed he did not have many friends and I was the perfect girl he was in search of. He lied about every part of his life. He indicated he would remove his profile and never treat a woman this way again. Yesterday I deleted my profile on the site, cleaned out my computer of any correspondence I had with him and called the police to report him. He now is back on the site with anotheer profile name and anotheer zip code. He will deceive another woman even today probably! Websites that have no screening should not be used. I have learned my lesson from this experience, even though it was a free site. I tried to notify Plenty of Fish but see they are in Canada and there is no phone number. I did not give my address to this predator but he did get my phone number from me. Never again will I place myself into this situation. My life is too precious to be a victim. Be aware of these on-line dating sites that claim theey are legitimate. This one is definitely not!
Comments United States Online Dating Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Nov, 2011 by   spydagirl 0 Votes
A man on Plenty Of Fish seemed nice so we exchanged phone numbers, he called me right away saying he hoped I would be a 'naughty girl and have me three ways orally, vaginally and annally" I told him I was not into anal and hung up. It is so creepy and gross that men use this site just for sex hook ups when a person is looking for someone nice!
It makes a person want to get off the site. How many sex predators are using this site and sites like this to get their sex thrills.
 16th of Jan, 2012 by   Firemen From Edmonton Lie 0 Votes
The first guy that I decided to meet was an International criminal. I contacted the Canadian Anti-Fraud Unit which is a government site. He didn't get any money...but he was able to steal my photographs and a lot of my identity. A friend of mine from the RCMP helped me threw this ordeal.

The second man from Edmonton claimed he was seperated which EQUALS = "STILL MARRIED!* Was looking to 'date'. What the hell are you doing dating when you are still married @#$%*$@? Claimed he was a Captain of a Firehall. Always had an excuse for not meeting me. He even had the nerve to try to make me jealous and sent me photographs of a 'necklace tree' & 'curling iron stand' he made for his latest bimbo. He deliberatedly went out of his way to emotionally harm me, and had no concern for my emotional, physical or sexual well being. This man continues to operate on the POF website, but likes to hide his profile. I am having a really hard time trusting any man now, and was suicidal after this was over with this man. I was so emotionally abused. I am now in counselling, and would NEVER recommend any woman date any guy from POF. It's a predator buffet.
 14th of May, 2012 by   Scamming101 0 Votes
I have met a married man who was looking for a "friend" with benefits...and two other men who I like and when they called wanted phone sex...I'm done..the site is disgusting and made me feel dirty...with these phone calls...I also met a man who was even worse o n OURTIME.COM who joined with SeniorPeopleMett.com...he is a trued scammer out of GHANA South Africa...we got along wonderfully for over a month until he had to go to GHANA and then the requests for money started...I have talked to the US Embassy and they finished my story for me...it's typical what 's going on...thank God I'm poor ...I did send him $500 and then realized this was a scam and gave everything I have to a family memeber for my own safety...they get in side your head..they study American behaviour and know exactly how to get to us...I have horrible international phone bills from him texting me constantly...BEWARE...they are everywhere...pigs and creeps...
 15th of May, 2012 by   missj54 -1 Votes
I have been chatting to a man on POF for 9 months now. He had lied about everything in his life except his job. I done a check on him and he is married and not divorced like it says on his profile. He has told me a lie about where he lives as well. He always has to bring sex into the conversation and what he would like to do to me. He has sent me nude pictures of himself which I have kept for proof if needed. When I have asked to meet hi he always has an excuse. He wont give me his landline number and his mobile is always switched off. He has also gave me a false name. I have now got his home address and telephone number and real name. Just waiting for him to get back in contact then I will have my revenge. This site is a disgrace full of perverts and men just looking for sex. When joining POF they should be made to give their National Insurance Number so that a check can be done on them before their profile is accepted on this site. I am disgusted
 10th of Jun, 2012 by   just saying1835 0 Votes
why don't you people who have had problems tell the rest of us what names and such these scrounge bags are using so we can have a heads up if they try to use that name again?? That would make some sense.
 24th of Jul, 2012 by   CorazonRoja 0 Votes
In the past I had many men of Mid eastern descent contact me all claiming to be "From France". Upon pressing them for more info, I demanded to know their place of birth which was always a Muslim occupied country. Now I will say this upfront; I have and had have friend who practice the Islalmic faith that is not the issue here. What the porblem was in these cases was that there were a large number of males between the ages of 20-40 years old, all from countries where terrorist activies have been problems and had been put on terrot watch lists...they were emigrating to France and becoming naturlaized citizens, THEN coming the United States and misreprsententing their nationality, thier country of orign, even their professions. Once they realized I was onto them, they wanted nothing t odo with me. I did contact the administator about my concerns. I promptly deleted the profile and later opened a differnet one. I have not seen any of these men on the site since.

I guess it is just a case of "Buyer beware" so to speak.

I met a man later on who seemed nice, who when I ran background checks on him and ran his name through various social circles (although at this point he resided in a differnt state) checked out. No criminal record, not on any sex offender regisrty in any state where he ever resided...I was very methodical in making sure he was "safe"...In the end, he began exhibiting some odd behaviors regarding how he ran his business and out of the blue dumped me, explaining that he was dumping me to go after his ex-wife in order to pretend that he was "In Love" with her (he even put this all in writing in emails and text messages so i have the proof) so he could get her money and assets since his business was tanking...And thought I would go along with it and wait for him!!!

Again, no matter what its "Buyer Beware" we all have to be careful...
 24th of Jul, 2012 by   CorazonRoja 0 Votes
I also have an ex friend, a female who is on pof.com on and off who is a sociopath. she cons men out of money, gifts, cars...whatever she can get...she changes her profile handle on a regular basis...I am guessing that men/people in general might be catching on to her. So, yes, there are a lot of weirdos on dating sites...
 18th of Jan, 2013 by   Gooze079 0 Votes
the site needs to be shut down how do we do it?
 18th of Jan, 2013 by   Gooze079 0 Votes
Plenty of fish is violationg of civil rights they hopefully will be shut down

Legal Strategies How to Deal with Collections