logo

Kavishtechnosoft
phone scam
5. (22 mins ago)
Kenmore Canister Vacuum
New Vacuum is horrible !!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Pima Medical Institute, Tucson, Arizona Complaints & Reviews - Unprofessional and don't care!

Pima Medical Institute Contacts & Informations

Pima Medical Institute

Posted:    jlh9402

Unprofessional and don't care!

Pima Medical Institute
3350 E. Grant Rd.
Tucson, Arizona
Phone: 520-326-1600
pmi.edu
I had high hopes for this school and was really excited about going to the campus and talking to an advisor. When I was called by their call center and given an appointment time I had spoken to Jeff. He said I had a full hour with the advisor to ask any questions I had and more time could be taken if I felt I needed it. I was told I'd receive a tour of the campus so I could see what their class room set up was like etc. I had the last appoinment of the day with Nancy at the Tucson campus on Monday. It was the worst example of student advising I'd ever experienced.. I was 15 min early to my 5:00 appoinment. I was asked to fill out a form that included my name contact info, info on education etc. I wrote my name down then was called by Nancy. She said, "Jennifer let's get started." She sits down and says, "what program were you interested in?" She did not introduce herself, nor shake my hand. She did not motion for me to have a seat even, so I sat and gave her the name of the program I wanted to take. She proceeded to give me info about the program and in mid sentence decided to take a phone call. Big strike one for me. She just told me my program choice would cost $29, 000 dollars, but she couldn't even give me her full attention for more than 5 minutes. After her phone call she proceeds to give me other info on other programs that had earlier start dates. Then in the middle of our meeting in walks a co-worker of hers and they proceed to talk about a student attempting to email them her transcripts but no one seems to have received them. I feel this is extremely unprofessional behavior on every level. This co-worker who walked in, did not even acknowledge that he had interrupted anything. Nancy did not say to him, I'm in the middle of something so I'll come talk to you when I was done. My presence was not even noticed. They spoke openly about this other student in front of me for about 5 minutes. When he finally left. Nancy didn't even apologize for the interruption. I asked a few more questions and at this point I'm thinking we are going for a tour of the campus, but no. Nancy says okay give me a call when you are ready to get started. You can head out that way. As I made my way, alone, to the exit I looked up at the clock, it was only 5:00 p.m. I had only been given only 8 minutes, uninterrupted, of that womans time. She did not tour the campus with me or make me at all feel welcome or special. She did not inquire about why I wanted to go back to school or what I even did for a living, nothing. I think all she was worried about was getting out of work on time, and she made sure of that. Be very cautious when approaching trade schools, especially this one. Make sure you get the royal treatment because you will spend a minimum of $10, 000. Nancy lost her school $29, 000 in that very short advising meeting. I wonder how her superiors would like that!
Comments United States Schools
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Sep, 2010 by   CEV2 +1 Votes
Thank you for sharing your experiences at PIMA Medical Institute, I was seriously considering attending this institute however, after learning your experiences, I will definetely NOT.

Thanks
 1st of Feb, 2011 by   pmigrad84 0 Votes
Um..are you sure you went to the Tucson Campus? Because there wasn't a 'Nancy' working there, and I was there during the times you mentioned. Sounds like this is made up, because myself and everyone I had known and do know that went to PMI never had that kind of an experience. I was treated very professionally and with respect. No one interrupted my interview or meetings, and if there was any kind of interruption, it was handled in a professional manner. Had to take an exam in order to continue on with the process, and they set up a meeting with Financial Aid right then and there. The veterinary program is not as much as you said, and there are plenty of programs out there to help you pay your tuition anyway.

Now, the negative experience I DID have with PMI was with my tickets for graduation. I RSVP'd and then went on vacation after finishing my externship. When I came back, I was told that I didn't RSVP and that my tickets were given away. I was pretty pissed. BUT, Adam, my admissions rep, worked things out for me so that my parents could come and see me walk with my 4.0! VERY thankful to him for that!
 7th of Feb, 2011 by   Marge Gunderson +1 Votes
Please, please, PLEASE do yourself a huge favor and stop saying "proceeded to" every time someone utters a sentence! You represent yourself as one of those uneducated morons on the daytime court shows whose ingrained victim mentality makes the rest of us thank God we work for a living and want to end our vacations early.

Your next failure, other than the gigantic wall-o-text of which I could only stomach reading a few lines (they're called paragraph breaks! Learn to use them!), was to whine about every single bit of minutia right down to not having your hand shaken. That emotional, whiny BS only weakens your case; it doesn't add to it!

Nancy didn't make you feel special? Good Lord, lady! Make that girlie, because you sure have a lot of growing up to do. And you were prepared to drop $29, 000 on a program you didn't even bother to research enough to find out what it would buy you in terms of qualifying for state board certification, job placement, work skills? And all that stopped you was Nancy being a meanie poopoo head?

Time to woman up, handle your business, carefully research BEFORE traipsing in expecting to have your ass kissed and FFS, stop adding 400 words to a 50-word rant just to make your little non-problem seem real. Demand "the royal treatment" and whine to everyone except PIMA if you don't receive it? Grow up, and welcome to the real world, honey!

And no, I don't work for PIMA; they are a joke up here in the Seattle area. The only bigger joke is this complaint.
 18th of Feb, 2011 by   CerioA +1 Votes
This same thing happened to me :( Unfortunately it has ruined my career. I use to dream of becoming a Dental Hygienist but was failed from the start from others whom were completely jealous.

Identity Theft Strikes 1 in 8 Adults