logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
dresses1000.com
Ignore communication and no delivery
2. (18 mins ago)
scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Penn Foster, Fort Walton Beach, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Penn Foster staffwith a mouth

Penn Foster Contacts & Informations

243 Highway ave N.E
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Phone: 850-368-0771
pennfoster.om
PENN FOSTER BECAUSE OF THE STAFF THEY THINK THEY CAN TALK ANY WAY THEY WANT TO A PERSON AND IM PAYING FOR THERE SERVICE WELL BECAUSE OF MISS MOUTH OVER IN THE OFFICE SHE JUST THINKS IMGOING TO GIVE THEM MONEY AND PUT UP WITH HER MOUTH AND THINK SHE CAN TALK TO ME LIKE THAT WELL NEWS FOR U U WILL NEVER GET A PENNY FROM ME FROM HERE ON OUT IF U SHIP ME ANY MORE BOOKS U ILL GET THEM BACK I WILL NO LONG WANT TO BE APART OF UR HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAM AT ALL IF U WANT UR PAYMENT U WILL TALK TO MY ATTORNEY UR STAFF AND UR PROGRAMS R A JOKE AND 4 UR STAFF AND UR MOUTH THAT THINKS THEY CAN TALK 2 ANYONE THEY WANT LIKE THAT AND STILL HAVE TO MAKE PAYMENTS U R SO WRONG THANK UR MOUTH FOR NO LONGER GETTING MY MONEY AND I HOPE 4 MISS MOUTH IN THAT OFFICE AT PENN FOSTER THAT UR SCHOOL HAS A GOOD ATTORNEY BECAUSE I DO AND U WILL NOT HERE THE LAST OF THIS MATTER DWAYNE ALLEN TAYLOR
Comments United States Law & Civil Rights
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Mar, 2009 by   heather +1 Votes
I am a current student of Penn Foster. My class is extremely disorganized. They change the class schedule over and over and no notice is given. I have to adjust my real job schedule to accommodate. The teacher tells people over and over she has too many students and is tired of all the emails. They are rude to people and make you feel stupid for "bothering" them.

They have a participation requirement that is completely unclear. They make you spend time reading about teenage girls face book pages in order to make a participation grade.

The school is a Joke and judging by the quality of the other student this degree would carry no weight.

To bad they don't allow you to cancel as I will be out $1000 for almost no education. Their techniques were outdated and the books were flimsy booklets with no meat to them.

Steer clear folks, if your unhappy your screwed they charge a hefty cancellation fee.
 27th of Mar, 2009 by   carolina828 +2 Votes
Wow, I couldn't agree more. I excitedly called Penn Foster today to ask a few questions regarding enrollment and "William" answered my call. I said, 'First, I want to talk about accreditation' and he immediately got an attitude saying, "Some schools accept our credits and some don't so if you're that concerned about it ask the school you plan on going to next. Is that all?"

I could tell this guy was having a bad day so I just moved on and said 'OK can we talk about financial aid then?' and his reply was 'We accept it if it's offered to us. GOOD DAY!' as if he was hanging up! Sheesh! They obviously have all the students they care to have. What a jerk! The whole experience made me want to steer clear of them..if this is how Penn Foster treats prospective students, I can imagine how helpful they'll be when someone encounters a problem!!
 14th of May, 2009 by   lauramonica -1 Votes
I have been enrolled for a few months now at Penn Foster. Everytime I call student services they are extremely nice to me, They never change any schedules or classes, and everything is on your own time, there is no participation grade!!!I work for the Government full time and I have NEVER had to adjust my schedule with school, and my job is very strict! And all the books I received that were INCLUDED, I looked up on Amazon.com and they were a couple of hundred bucks. It is an ONLINE COLLEGE, what do you expect? Someone to hold your hand through it all?
 15th of Jun, 2009 by   garber-3 0 Votes
I am thinking about enrolling in to Penn Foster, for my associates degree. I am a little nervouse considering I have been out of school for 11 years now. My job requires me to have at least an associates for my license. From the comments I have just read I am not sure if this would be the right choice for me, any suggestions?
 11th of Jul, 2009 by   allie06 0 Votes
I was enrolled with Penn Foster and every person ive talked to has been extremly rude. Its like they are so nice when you start out so they lure you in then once your taking classes they turn out to be a$$es about everything. I was 2 months behind in my payments (ok it was $39 a month) so a totalt of $78 and they turned it into their credit agency they go through, which is a joke, I called to get everything straightened out and even everyone there was rude. I had to payoff the entire balance in 3 months or they threathed to take me to court. I thought it was rediculous. I would deffinatly not reccommend this school to anyone.
 20th of Jul, 2009 by   BellaReigne 0 Votes
Omg!! I thought it was just me they are so rude!!!I glad im not the only one who feels this way
 28th of Jul, 2009 by   Constantine79 0 Votes
I am having problems getting a P for my participation grade. I was told I had more than enough hours of participation, that I just needed to be patient. Then a week went by and no answer to my e-mail. I called the school and was informed that the woman in charge of my program had decided that I needed to slow down. It may be 3 more weeks before I got my Participation grade. I informed her that the school is "self paced" what right did they have to do that? She tells me that the lady in charge changes things at her whim. I have got nothing but abusive e-mails, and read some abusive posts from faculty directed at the students. Another student had the same complaint that I did about participation grades and was told not worry, if her time lapsed before it was posted she could add six months to her semester for $75. I really think the school should be reported!
 7th of Sep, 2009 by   Jez 0 Votes
I wish I would have read all of your complaints before enrolling in this school. I was very disappointed when I received their books (study units). The second one had 3 typos in it and one was the answer to a quiz! They can't take the time to proofread a book? You'd think they would pay someone to do this. I'm sure with all the money they are ripping off from us they have enough to do that. After reading all the problems people have withdrawing from the school I am not sure if I should just keep with it so I don't get reported to the credit agency or try anyway. So far I only called the school once to ask about withdrawing and the lady I spoke to was very nice. The next one probably won't be. Thanks for all the info too bad I didn't read it earlier.
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   miller37 0 Votes
I have been a Penn Foster college since June 2009, and I think it's going very well for right now. I have not encountered anyone being mean to me over the phone at all! I have called them several times with questions and emailed questions to them. I have got nothing but nice things to say so far... I do agree with the study units for textbooks. Penn Foster really needs to do a better job and update the materials... Also It's an online college not to take sides here but, GROW UP PEOPLE! If you are serious about your studies, then do the work and stop complaining... I haven't had to get rude with any of the staff because Im getting something for my money... education! I don't agree with everything people are saying. So, okay they need a better staff I agree with that. Customer service is a MUST! But, over all, I haven't had any sserious problems.
 3rd of Dec, 2009 by   cat eyes 0 Votes
yes I kknow how you feel, i've even gotten threats that i will never be able to attend a college because they will see to it that i dont if i dont give them all their money. I dropped because I was accused of plagerism when i wrote about my own life!! haha if they searched it on the net to see if i had it out there the net is a big place, i am going to see what i can do legaly if anything because i dropped too, and now they think i owe them 600 dollars for nothing, i cant believe the books they use either and I dont know where they get them from but even with the shipmnt and courses they cant ad up to 600.00
 19th of Jul, 2010 by   Gogirl125 0 Votes
I am very leary now. I don't know what to think. I was searching for a school for graphic design. I saw an ad offering a free laptop if I enrolled at Penn Foster, so I sent for info. Nothing about a laptop in that. Guess it was a ploy to lure some in? I am just guessing. I want to take this course. I am very interested in this particular subject but do not know where to go from here now. I can't afford to be scammed or anything. I'm a single mom and lost my job of many years. Things are just way too tough as it is. I want to make sure I am getting what I pay for and will get an education that will better my career opportunities.
 19th of Jul, 2010 by   clinch 0 Votes
I started the BS program in Business Management over a year ago. I have had to call quite a to try to get the correct information for tuition reimbursement from my company. The customer service folks were very helpful and did the best that they could considering my company's requirements for reimbursement are so strict. I also needed to take some time off for medical reasons. Again customer service was very nice and did everything that they could to accomidate me. The lady that I spoke to was very compassionate and helped me to the best of her ability. In my opinon the materials are up to date. I often relate some of my classes with my daily business. I was not impressed with the lack of responses from one of my instructors. I passed this info when I phone customer service as well as in the survey at the end of the course. As for the folks that have issues with the fees, consider this, you agreed to pay the tution. You agreed to the monthly payment, they don't even charge you interest as a traditional student loan would. Further, if you enrolled in a traditioal community college and failed to pay your tuition you would also be dismissed as well as turned over to collections. Why should Penn Foster have the right to follow the same process? As far as the typo's in the book I admit that should not happen, however consider that Penn Foster doesn't write or print the books, they purchase these books, agreed maybe they should find another publisher. But you can't blame them for publishing errors.

How to Beat Hotel Fees