logo

Aynur Arife Yorulmaz
Been cheated by Private Immigration Service in Qubec
3. (50 mins ago)
gobuu.com
Don’t buy from this company
4. (59 mins ago)
horrible place to work

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Penn Foster Career School Complaints & Reviews - Medical Billing and Coding classes

Penn Foster Career School Contacts & Informations

Penn Foster Career School

Posted:    jbbh

Medical Billing and Coding classes

Penn Foster Career School
I started taking Penn Fosters Medical Billing and Coding class a few months ago. It started out fine, then when I started the English part I found alot of wrong information and alot of things were being repeated over and over. When I moved onto the Internet and Micrsoft Word and Excel part, there was alot of missing information. I have told them I wanted to withdraw from their school and that if they try to take any payments from my bank account they can talk to my lawyer. Now they are calling my house everyday. Today there were 2 calls less than 5 minutes apart. The first time they hung up when my answering machine picked up, then they called back and let a message saying to call them so they can talk about my course. I sent them a letter and an email stating that I was withdrawing from their school.
My biggest compplaint is when you read all of their literature about their school it says that they provide ALL
textbooks, study materials and required course materials. WELL, I have yet to receive a single textbook. All I have received are study guides and 1 cd for the class. How are you supposed to learn everything you need to about Medical terminology, anatomy, or anything else when you don't have textbooks to give you the information you need.
I have paid them almost $300, and that's all they are getting from me.
Comments United States Schools
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Jul, 2010 by   alex19114 +1 Votes
First of all, anyone who has taken courses through Penn Foster should know that you don't receive your course books all at once. It comes as you finish the sections, which is clearly stated in your enrollment agreement. Also, there are NO TEXTBOOKS. There are course books, which are small sectioned books they the school produces for their courses alone. You will not receive "textbooks" in the mail, until you get to the coding section, where you should receive an ICD-9 resource book (I have not gotten this far yet, but I am told that I will receive one once I get to the coding section.). This seems like a complaint from yet another student who has not taken the time to read over their agreement with Penn Foster. As for those who are considering taking the course, I recommend it, but keep in mind that they are NOT AHIMA accredited... you can sit for the national exams through the boards, but if you are planning on making a career out of Coding, go through a technical college for another course that IS accredited. That is what I am doing, along with the Penn Foster course, which I started before going to college.
 16th of Mar, 2011 by   willik 0 Votes
I have requested information on the Medical Billing & Coding. I am scared to death because of all the negative comments.
 16th of Mar, 2011 by   willik 0 Votes
I have requested and received information for Medical Billing & Coding. I do not know if I should continue of not because of all of the negative feed back.
 5th of Aug, 2011 by   rendon10 0 Votes
I am on my 43rd test for the medical billing and coding course. I did not have anykind of problems with Penn Foster. I would go ahead and take the course. I have medical coding experience at my previous employment and this might make it easier to understand Icd=10 and cpt course. but I have no negative comments for Penn Foster.

Symantec-Online Scam