logo

Nuderma
they charge me 89.15 for a free sample
5. (55 mins ago)
IneedFinancialHelp.net
I paid and they didn’t give me a loan.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Pella Windows, Connecticut Complaints & Reviews - Moisture and Frost Inside Windows

Pella Windows Contacts & Informations

Pella Windows

Posted:    pats

Moisture and Frost Inside Windows

Pella Windows
Connecticut
We bought a 40 year old retirement condo 4 years ago which had original windows with interior storm windows. Since we have electric heat and Connecticut has the highest electric rates in the continental US, we decided to have the wndows replaced with Pella. Their installer insisted that the storms needed to be removed and that we wouldn't need them. Well, we now have moisture on the inside of 3 out of 8 windows. The service tech came this week and told us we needed to remove drapes, install a dehumidifier, etc.

We didn't need to do any of this before, we are $8k poorer, and this morning was wspecially cold and we woke up to frost on the inside of the window closest to our bed!
Comments United States Building, Construction
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Jun, 2010 by   ABailey 0 Votes
In my experience, I would NOT recommend Pella. I've had many issues, such as seal failure and cladding problems, with my Pella Architect Series windows and doors installed throughout my home 1995. Please check out this website, detailing the various window and door failures/defects: www.onlinelitigationdiscovery.com Please feel free to share your similar stories on my website. Thank you.
 26th of Sep, 2012 by   gsmckee 0 Votes
As we all know if Pella were providing quality customer service for their shifty product there would be no negative postings on the web. We have also found out, by purchasing 49 Pella Architect Series Double Hung windows, that Pella does not stand behind their products. We are now working out our differences in a court of law. As many of you may know, once you have been taken by a company, at least in Iowa, we only had 2 years to file with the court for help. We gave Pella the benefit of the doubt and nearly 2 years to fix our windows. They refused to even attempt to provide any communication unless we called every day or emailed every day. We then figured out that Pella was only "playing us" to run out their 2 year time frame. So here we sit, waiting on the Iowa Court System to play out. Our trial is set for Marion County Court, Iowa on February 12, 2013. This has been a long time coming, as we have been homeless since the fall of 2009 when we installed our Pella windows into our home. They leak water/snow so badly that we have an extremely awful mold problem when it is wet. You can see the videos that are posted on YouTube of our home under Pella Window Problems. We posted these so that other home owners could see the potential windows that they might be thinking of putting into their homes. We want to educate the population on our problems. Please do your homework!
 22nd of Jan, 2013 by   david scheck 0 Votes
I've had my pella window for 30 years, with no problems .now all of a sudden i get moisture at the bottom of my windows, can someone tell me how to fix problem-it's not by running a dehumidifier either! help!!!

How To Create a Password Even Your Ex Can't Hack