logo

BES & Commercial Energy
Mis-sold energy contract & prices
3. (12 mins ago)
ABS-CBN
primetime niyo ang boys over flowers
4. (23 mins ago)

Posted:    lgarrison

Does not honor promises

Peak Potentials
peakpotentials.com
Before you shell out money for ANY courses, especially the advanced courses at Peak Potentials, you may want to confirm, in writing, that Peak Potentials will honor THEIR commitments.

We've paid thousands of dollars for Peak Potential courses including the Enlightened Warrior and Wizard Training. The trainings were awesome, we made some great friends, and we thought we could trust Peak Potentials. My husband and I attended our courses and camps here in California, about an hour from our home, and were assured that the more advanced courses would be held in locations other than Canada.

In anticipation of Peak Potential's premiere training, Mind of Steel, Heart of Gold, we paid a down payment for two people and made payments toward the upcoming Mind of Steel, Heart of Gold (MOSHOG) camp. That was in 2005.

For the past THREE years, however, we have been told that the course was "sold out" and that, if we chose to, we could go on a waiting list (which we did.) Peaks never bothered to follow up and ignored all of our e-mails. When I would call, I was told we were "still on the list." The only camp for MOSHOG, however, has been in Canada each year. The camp is offered one time each year, and located a full day of plane travel and transfers from our home. While Canada is easy enough to get to when one can make advanced travel arrangements, being on a waiting list without benefit of any notice is problematic under the best of circumstances. Work scheduling, in particular, was a challenge especially since my husband was in a senior management position and I was running two companies. I made this travel/work/scheduling issue abundantly clear when I registered and started paying for MOSHOG.

I was told, repeatedly, that if they could not get us in the third time that we could get our money back or transfer the course to someone else. And we still wanted to attend--until today, that is.

After numerous e-mails and faxes and waiting many, many times on hold, I finally got through to a customer service rep. An incredibly rude "customer service" rep at that. She informed me that she was the final decision maker and that there was no one above her that could or would give me a different answer.

We've not only paid many thousands of dollars--nearly $10, 000 for just the other courses not including travel, etc.--we have referred friends and family who have likewise spent thousands.

If anything, one would think that that much alone would warrant a bit nicer treatment.

Nope.

At the moment, Peak Potentials has $3, 992.45 of our money. I was told on no uncertain terms that there was no way, whatsoever, that the money would be refunded and that further, more money would now be expected of us in order to attend. The rep had the audacity to tell me to "keep [my] emotions out of it" when I calmly questioned why or even began to defend my copious notes on this particular file. She left me with "you can try to sell the seats" and then hung up.

In other words, there was no way we can get the money back. And to add insult to injury, we are expected to pony up an additional $1, 797.00 IF there is space at the next camp, which, it would seem, is already full with a waiting list.

Wow. How professional.

So, just a word of caution. We certainly won't be referring anyone else to Peak Potentials and we are definitely letting others know about this injustice.
Comments United States Education
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Feb, 2009 by   lorienh +2 Votes
It's quite uncanny, but I've experienced the same frustrating and disappointing situation with Peak Potentials. The only difference is I'm in Vancouver and the course I want, Guerrilla Business School, is only offered once per year in LA. I've been dealing with Peak Potentials about this since 2006 and they have over $4, 000 of mine, which they refuse to refund. The exceedingly rude customer service rep advised me to try to sell the seats. That is my only option.
 4th of Mar, 2009 by   Susie +3 Votes
Yes, frustration and disappointment are the words I used to describe my experience with Peak. Very similar to both the previous comments. The course I was to attend was Guerrilla Business School, which I can no longer attend due to a US visa issue. I encountered same rude customer service advising me to sell my seats because, under no circumstances do they refund outwith the 10 day cooling off period. The agent said he would email websites links where I could sell my seat and never did. Other alternatives were to have the course CDs sent to me and considering I paid $2k for the course, I thought "$2k ... for a bunch of CDs ... I don't think so". Oh and I did have the choice of going to next years course instead, and they tried to charge me a further $500 to made this date change.

They just want to squeeze money out of you any way they can, but unfortunately it is completely a one way street and they have no goodwill, compassion or from the sounds of above, no business values when it comes to customer satisfaction. Everything in the garden is rosey with Peaks when things go right, but when you hit a snag, I am very much afraid, their too good to be true image crashes down around their ankles!

Needless to say I won't be recommending Peak to anyone, nor will I give them another dime.

Shame on you Peaks and especially you Harv T Eker. What a dreadful way to run your business!
 20th of Mar, 2009 by   Andrew Gubbels +3 Votes
We have had similar experience with booking courses with Peak Potentials, currently we are out over $3, 000.00 for a course that we are unable to attend, after being told that we could cancel and a refund could be obtained (only after paying a fee) when weeks later we found that our commitments would not allow us the time to attend we were informed that the time was up and no refund would be available. To date they have had our money for years and only offer us the opportunity to attend a course at some time in the future. I can see that T. Havre has a millionaires mind but he certainly didn’t pass the grade in ETHICS class… I would have to rate Peak Potentials a money SCAM! Most defiantly only interested in making T. Havre rich!
 29th of Mar, 2009 by   Some Guy -1 Votes
Sounds like you all have commitment issues! Don't commit to something then try to pull out... And this is what Harv wants, he doesn't want people to pull out. Why would he. If you take up a seat then half expect that they can just transfer it to next year, then that one is going to be a flop! How could he fill up half the seats! I don't find it injust at all. Sound like a bunch of whiners to me. Best of luck being resentful!
 1st of May, 2009 by   disappointed +2 Votes
It is not unreasonable to have a time limit on cancellation. I'm ok with that. My disappointment was in the customer service rep coyly (I realized later) avoiding letting me know I could still get a refund if I paid the cancellation fee. In case you think that is confusing, let me elaborate:
I bought a course and my joby was paying for it. It was all good. A few weeks later my boss said they could not let me have the time off for the course because of a time crunch/deadline issue.
When I had bought the course I asked the seller behind the desk at the event I attended about the cancellation policy who happily informed me that I could certainly get a refund within 10 days.
In those 10 days my boss assured me the funds were approved and it was ok to take this course. So I kept it.
When the work deadline issue came up I was distressed because I knew it was past the 10 days. I did not have a copy of the registration form anymore because it went to the finance office (in a different part of the city) at my job. I called PP and spoke to the service rep describing my situation saying I knew it was past the 10 days cancellation so what else were my options. The rep proceeded to tell me what other courses I could take. The problem was none of those were relevant for my job so my job would not pay.
When I hung up I thought about it, and did some online research etc. and it led me to eventually discovering that I could cancel in 3 months and pay a $300 cancellation fee. Fortunately for me, I was still within the 3 months. I was surprised the rep at the booth or on the phone did not tell me that. I decided to pay the fee and get the thousands of dollars back. And I am ok with paying that fee - I think companies should have things like that to discourage 'quitters' but since I did ask both reps about my options and neither commented that cancellation could take place in 3 months it does seem unfair because looks like PP was trying to hold on to my thousands of $ in tuition and not really help me.
I have taken 2 PP classes and my honest summary is they teach good principles but not only fall short of living up to the ethical standards you would expect, but they also have a very 'money lust' attitude - which causes them to have very poor customer service. And I am not just basing my comments on the customer service on these two events - I have had numerous poor service encounters with PP and about only 2 good ones. And apart from this call to cancel, all my other calls have been basic questions about things I needed for planning my trips to these courses. I really thought they would have been more helpful.

During my first class I observed but still wasn't sure if I was right about their treatment of volunteers. But by my second class I knew they were not treating their volunteers right. I have done and seen a lot of volunteering in my life and PP takes advantage of their volunteers - at the same time yes, there are people who are willing to be taken advantage of. But having people like that 'working' for you just brings down the energy.

DO NOT spend several thousands of dollars on these courses just to be stuck in rooms that are packed with over 500 people - more like 600-700. PP obviously makes tons of $ (just think one of the cheaper courses is about $3, 000 now multiply that by 500 (to be conservative) which is at least $1.5 mil. With that $ it is surprising that the rooms are uncomfortably packed. I do not mind people making money but I do mind customers and volunteers being treated poorly. Such overpacked rooms really make you susceptible to catching colds or viruses others have.

And by the way, for those two courses I took, while some of the content was good, I really think they were overrated overall. They try to hype up the audience before they hand out the review forms - a poor tactic.

If you are thinking of getting PP courses try to get similar ones cheaper elsewhere - like more in the hundreds of dollar range instead of thousands. They do exist and those are what I look at now.
 16th of Jul, 2009 by   upset in balto +2 Votes
I attended an MMI session. I think the 2nd best lesson learned was the jars to manage money. I had heard it before in a book how to get rich with the money you already have.

Best lesson was: Peak Potentials is a rip off. They prey on peoples emotions and do not really care about people or their growth.. only their ability to buy seminars (most of which are marginal at best)

They sold me a seminar (I actually bought two) then proceeded to charge my credit card 3 times what I had agreed to, I disputed it and canceled that charge. When I called the company, I spent 1 hour waiting on the only rep that they had working that day. No help, he transfered me to the business office where they claimed that I had agreed to something different than the receipt I was looking . She lied, I called her on it, she lied again, I offered to fax her a copy of my receipt... she did not want to talk anymore. She sent me to...
Pablo a difficult to understand specialist. His specialty is saying "Sorry I can;t help you with that"

All that I want at this time is to be rid of Peak Potentials and to forget that I ever ran across such a scam. I hate the fact that I was dupped into buying crap and it took them screwing up my billing to turn my light back on!

A company that claims to care about people and that they opperate with honesty and integrity... I have not seen it. I have seen theft and deception.

Spread the word... STAY AWAY FROM PEAK AND HARV EKER. And if you do have contact, hold on to your wallet.
 21st of Jul, 2009 by   PeAkS SuCkS +3 Votes
I agree with everyone ... the Customer Service at Peak Potentials Training sucks and it sucks even more now that they have outsourced their call centre to an outbound company. This will explain why people wait longer and deal with inadequate care.

This comes from someone who worked for the company for a number of years. Your comment about Pablo is not far off. I have seen and heard the number of complaints about him. He has no care for those around him or for the clients that he deals with. Lacks compassion as the only thing he cares about is your money, as you see Pablo works for the Inside Sales team so if he can keep your money within the company then he makes a commission off of it ... hell if he can sell or upgrade you into another program then the happier he becomes as he just made more money off of you.

Its sad and unfortunate the way this company has turned, as Peaks wasnt always this way. When I first started it was a fun company to work for until Harv's morales changed and all he cares about is your money.

In the las t year and a half he has reduced that company down to 40 people (down from around 200) and eventually he will have nothing more to do with Peaks.

So get out while you can!!!
 7th of Aug, 2009 by   Kikitravels +3 Votes
Like a fool, I signed up for three Peak Potenials Training programs. A few weeks later, and months before the first program, I canceled. They informed me that I had only 3 days after program to cancel and they refuse to refund my money. I wish I had found this site before I attended MMI. T. Harv Eker and Peak Potentials Training are unethical and I hope no one else falls into their pit of deceit. Any one interested in a class action law suit?
 7th of Aug, 2009 by   Kikitravels +2 Votes
Contact the Federal Trade Commission at 877-382-4357 to work together to stop these crooks. They won't take individual complaints but they will take action if a number of us work together.
 7th of Aug, 2009 by   JaredS 0 Votes
You can submit a complaint to Federal Trade Comm at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
 14th of Aug, 2009 by   TPatton 0 Votes
I have attended 12 seminars through Peak Potentials. I just read this at a certain Web site: "During his many years of struggle, T. Harv Eker vowed that should he ever get rich, he would help others do the same. He is now one of the leading recognized experts in wealth creation and specializes in developing your Millionaire Mindset." That is absolute BS! Harv Eker will not help you become rich. I have contacted him nine times via U.S. mail and spoke to him once through Twitter. He doesn't even make time for people that attend his courses. I have spent over $13K.
 17th of Aug, 2009 by   woodward +1 Votes
People in the Vancouver area who have problems with refunds may want to contact David Baines at the Vancouver Sun

dbaines@vancouversun.com.

He has written many stories about Eker.
 31st of Aug, 2009 by   Starfire Dancing Wolf 0 Votes
I've been to the Millionaire Mind Intensive, Warrior Camp, and Wizard camp. Had a great time and learned a little. I will never go back because of BAD treatment by the customer "service". I wish they would practice what they preach! I think a good approach would be to show up at the seminar you want and give them cash "take it or leave it". They will probably go for it. If you send them any money you won't see it again. Don't expect any follow up after the workshop.
 18th of Oct, 2009 by   FlowingRock 0 Votes
People often get triggered into areas of their minds that cause the kind of reactions reported here. These people are all complaining about the types of issues that people create for themselves, and stand between them and their own success. These complaints are so petty compared to what can be gained by just being open and doing the programs at 100%. I have gone from a low self-esteemed employee in a dead end job to a successful investor with my own investment company putting together multi-million dollar deals in just 4 years. The way you do anything is the way you do everything. If you are looking for a fly in the ointment you will find it, no matter where you look. There are people that travel from overseas every time for these seminars, if you cannot leave California that is your problem, not Peaks. They have never had enough sign-ups for MOSHOG to justify another location, this is business ladies. Why were some of you asking for your money back anyway, were you so scared you bought into a scam that you turned something wonderful into a scam for yourself. I will agree that the customer service is not always the best but Peaks puts their heart and soul into delivering a fantastic seminar experience. Peaks seems to have some issues in management that show up in the ongoing stuff like customer service and Success Tracs (great coaches, but program management issues). Harv is a fantastic program creator and business builder, he does not seem to focus at all on the mundane tasks of administration, except regarding the delivery of programs. If you see an area that needs help why don't you offer some, are any of you perfect?
 18th of Oct, 2009 by   REALbusinessguy +2 Votes
I have just attended a Peak Potentials training course and for those of you who will listen I have some advice. The first thing that is said at the course is "Don't believe a word I say!" in fact it is written in the very handout that everyone receives. If you actually do that there is value to be gained from the courses. If not, you are going to spend money to be advertised to. I thought there were moments of value tied into the courses including the jars and some of the exercises. However, I kept a log of the number of times the presenter plugged things that were designed to make Peak Performance or associated Multi-Level Marketing businesses money and it averaged close to 20/hr. As a REAL businessperson I soon learned that any admission of earnings or success meant that multiple people would hand me a business card and say they wanted to take me for coffee offering an "excellent opportunity" to own a business (aka Multilevel marketing business). I have already decided that this strategy will make passive income for those who started the MLM, everybody else sweats to earn them money. Those who are in REAL businesses will tell you that it is hard work to learn how to do the smart work FOR YOURSELF. This company is nothing more than a Multi-level marketing company that serves as a partner of other multi-level marketing companies. Little side note: the reason Million Dollar Mind and Rich Dad Poor Dad rocketed to the top of the New York Bestseller list and stayed there is that they are aggressively marketed to and endorsed by every Multi-Level marketing program in the world.
The only lesson to take from Multi-level marketing is to learn how to sell. Once you are confident in that seek mentors and people with REAL business experience who will tell you about SWEAT EQUITY where you don't worry about a downline or keeping a following of people emotionally and monetarily attached rather you work on creativity and a means of learning for YOURSELF the ways of business. Then and only then will you truly have a MILLIONAIRE MIND!!!

Good Luck
 23rd of Oct, 2009 by   Chipino +1 Votes
All I have to say is wow. I mean wow. Harv and his group of bandits are making the rounds and helping people to think outside the norm.. You whining crying folks need to get up and take action. If you have a leg to stand on, call the media. They love stuff like this and that is why I, for one, do not give them the time of day. Hey, why don't all of you look around the web and see how many of the thousands who have attended these seminars are changing their financial futures. I didn't say that Harv was changing their financial futures. Only you can change you. Stop whining and take what you have learned and use it. You will find that the value is in the way you live and the way you do every thing. Thanks Harv for creating Peak Potentials. I look forward to my next class, I just can't get enough.

A Changed Soul. I made three times the cost of my first seminar in the first week just by conquering my fear of following up. The extreme energy I now exude helps too.

Looking ahead to a bright future..in S.F.
 5th of Nov, 2009 by   ihaveamillionairemind 0 Votes
haha the people who are complaing here are BROKE

help yourself guys, thats what harv does, helps you to help yourself. Take responsibility dudes. Get with Harv and you'll have the elixir of life. Dont get with harv and YOU'LL STAY BROKE..

go harv, youre the best, thank you for helping me to help myself.
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   scaminator +1 Votes
I agree Peak Potential is a complete scam. People have loss tons of money at Millionaire School, Never Work Again and through the FIC investment club Harv endorses. Stay away. Harv is arrogant and you fools who sing his praises - GET A LIFE. Better yet go get some help from professionals who know how to deal with people brainwashed by cults - because that's what Peak Potentials is, a "cult" disquised as self-improvement workshops.
 14th of Apr, 2010 by   Thirst +2 Votes
I attended four Peak Potentials Seminars and fell victim to the same scams as posted above. I did not get my money back but I got a stack of CD's instead - shame on me for being a fool.

The one thing that I noticed while in a session with Harv was that he was teaching the audience how to lie in order to scam people into giving you what you want. I was stunned. The audience sat laughing and clapping at how clever he was. He said he lies to salespeople, waiters, anyone who he can get something from. He has zero integrity and brags about it in his seminars. How could I possibly expect honesty and a refund from on obvious scam artist? I was surprised to be sitting next to his masseuse during the seminar. She told me that she gives him free massages because one day he was going to show her the ropes and make her part of his organization. She'd been working for him for free for an entire year!!! Is he good at scamming? You bet.
 15th of Apr, 2010 by   MagnetOfMoney 0 Votes
i disagree with everyone who complains... you are the people who will be coperate slaves for the rest of your life!! not only myself but others in my family who took just some of the courses and seminars doubled our networth in just 2 years and even changed our lifes 360 degrees. you need to take action, not sit back and expect things to fall in your lap!!! I would recommend these courses to everyone who has the oportunity to take them!! Great Job Peak, and epecially T. Harv Eker!! you are my idol and mentor. you completely changed my life!! thanks everyone at peak!

Check Scams and Air Conditioning Contractors