logo

Patrol One Complaints & Reviews - Patrol One should be shut down

Patrol One Contacts & Informations

Patrol One

Posted:    Valerie

Patrol One should be shut down

Patrol One - www.patrol-one.com

I think everyone from the owner who is named Bill V. down to the patrol drivers are corrupt and are getting paid on the side from the tow companies "kick back" for towing any and all cars. Duane Turner is very rude and seems to have a hand in this matter of getting kick back monies from the tow companies for unjustly having vehicles towed. We are paying our associations to make our place of residence more secure and safe, and in turn they have hired patrol one which is the bully of the streets and should be shut down for unethical and illegal practices and all licensing revoked and mr Bill should retire and get an attitude adjustment. Patrol one is notorious for the same complaint over and over again. (FACT) They recently lost the account in Newport Coast ZIANI Tract/Community for the specific reason of towing vehicles illegally and with no justification.
Comments United States Security Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Nov, 2007 by   Kenny Pham 0 Votes
Patrol one should be shut down. It's a bully business. Why can't you park in front of your property overnight? It's BS.

Patrol one is a f***ed up and corrupted company. They don't give a Sh*t about people property. They tow anything to get extra money. These crooks run around at night time giving tickets and tow cars without any ethical stands. What if your car broke down and have to be park on the sidewalk for a night ? Is that too much to ask ? Not to mention it's right in front of your fuck*ing house. What's going to happen overnight if I park there? Nothing, Nada. So why not give owners a right to park there ? I'm not sure about they getting pay on the side by tow companies but it seem like they are. The officers is really rude and the operators who work there sound like some illegal immigrants bitches from Mexico.
 9th of Nov, 2007 by   Talega Resident +1 Votes
I totally agree.! I live in San Clemente and when we first moved here in 2001 the rule was not implemented March 2002, i.e. could not park on the street between 1 am and 6am without permission. We were outraged to say the least. It is ludicrous that you cannot park on the street in front of your own home. What is the purpose of this rule? None!!! It is so screwed up... they made no arrangements in this community for guest parking and have the audacity to call Talega a Master planned community. They refuse to have a security patrol our homes, but they use OUR money to hire patrol-one to tow the homeowners. Where is the logic. It's corruption.

Since we were towed several times, I had hired an attorney, but it was so mentally exhausting we did not want to take this on our own, not to mention the cost to take it on as individuals.
Again, it was mentally exhausting fighting the patrol one and the association. In any event, if homeowners get together and fight, we can win and have the freedom of parking in front of your own home. Isn't that one of the freedoms of having your own home? The Associations are out of control. They need to be stopped and the homeowners need to fight, as we are the one's who pay the dues, thus make the rules that the homeowners can live with. I believe Patrol-one is corrupt and should be investigated. There was a law passed last year regarding towing companies, but not sure of the law itself. It had to do with towing companies involved with a man that was killed running after his car while being towed and a child that had been in the car when it was towed. These incidences were the purpose of the new law. A class action suit needs to be filed and I will help, but only if others will contribute.
 23rd of Mar, 2008 by   patrol one employee 0 Votes
i be getting $200 for towing yo wheelz and get paid watching to bang yo girl. now pay me. and yo can't do anything about that. cuz i'm contract.
 20th of Apr, 2008 by   An HOA Pres 0 Votes
Dear sir,

I understand you are angry but really... all you really need to do is follow the rules. They are called, "CC&R" You signed it. You agreed to it. As far as parking any place you feel like, well, doesn't your assoc. look BEAUTIFUL! Aren't you proud to have visitors over? Again... I do understand your point of view, however please understant the assoc. doesn't want EVERYONE just parking any were. It is normal to allow people to "slide" but then before you know it, everyone will be doing it. That's normal human nature.

Thank you for reading...
 6th of May, 2008 by   Robert P 0 Votes
These complaints are based on a vehicle being towed away at the vehicle owner’s expense. If the people posting these complaints were to follow their associations parking rules and regulations (which they signed off on when purchasing their home) then their vehicle wouldn't have been towed and they wouldn’t be posting a complaint on this website.

Patrol One is a reputable company and has been for over 15-years. We have a "AAA" rating with the BBB (Better Business Bureau) for a reason and would be more than happy to utilize the mediation service they offer their clients to oversee any complaint that anyone may have on us.

It is sad that there is a website that allows people to throw grenades at a company and not be responsible for what they claim!
 16th of May, 2008 by   frustrated 0 Votes
I agree! Patrol One is a selfish, unreliable company. I live in Costa Mesa with an association that has limited parking. I have lived in this complex not even a half a year, and my car has been towed 3 TIMES ALREADY!!

One would think that the "rent-a-cop" wannabe drivers of Patrol One would EVENTUALLY become familiar with the cars that are parked in the association. One would ALSO think that when these drivers survey an area and find one of these familiar cars parked without a pass, they would get off their a$$e$ and take a good look to see if the pass may have fallen on the floor somewhere. Not Patrol One! I had to pay to get my car out, EVEN THOUGH MY PASS WAS RIGHT THERE ON THE PASSENGER'S SIDE OF THE FLOOR. Patrol One would NOT work with me. Their excuse, this coming from "Jason"- "Someone has to pay for the tow." WOW!

I would recommend to ANYONE to bring these complaints up to your association and have Patrol One changed IMMEDIATELY. The longer they remain a part of your association, the longer you, your family and friends will be BULLIED from a company that is only looking out for their wallets.
 16th of May, 2008 by   Jason (Patrol One Employee) -1 Votes
Regarding complaint made by "Patrol One Complaint" on 05/16/08:

Patrol One has a responsibility to enforce each property's parking rules as we have been directed by each client's Board of Directors.

In this particular case, the vehicle owner received two courtesy notices prior to the vehicle ever being towed. Subsequently, the vehicle has been towed three times because the association-required parking permit was not clearly visible and hanging from the vehicle's rearview mirror. The resident has admitted that her parking permit hang tag was not hanging from the vehicle's rearview mirror, as required by the association. The vehicle owner thinks that maybe the permit fell onto the floor of the vehicle.

The vehicle owner freely admits that the first time the vehicle was towed, they failed to put the parking permit in the vehicle.

According to the vehicle owner, when she arrived at the tow yard after the vehicle was towed for the second time, someone at the tow company informed her that she would not have to pay the tow fees if she and the tow company employee could clearly see the parking permit from outside the vehicle (even though it was clearly not hanging from the rearview mirror as required). The vehicle owner was unable to see the permit from outside the vehicle, and so was required to pay the tow fees. If the vehicle owner could not see the permit from outside the vehicle during the day, is it more likely that a patrol officer would see the permit in the vehicle at night? I doubt it.

The association's rule in this case is very clear, and Patrol One has a responsibility to enforce that rule strictly and uniformly. As a courtesy to homeowners our officers do make an attempt to locate parking permits that may have fallen, broken, or been misplaced. In the event our officer locates a misplaced parking permit, generally another courtesy notice is issued to the offending vehicle, indicating that the permit must be placed in the required location.

It should also be understood that Patrol One has no desire to tow any vehicle. Patrol One does not make any money from having a vehicle towed. In fact, doing so would be in direct violation of the law. Patrol One offers a substantial cash reward to any persons who provide information leading to the arrest and conviction of any of our own employees engaging in "kick-backs" or receiving any monetary compensation for the towing of any vehicle. Additionally, Patrol One requires all of the tow companies with which we do business to sign an agreement indicating they will never engage in "kick-backs" or monetarily compensate our employees for the towing of vehicles.

As for our officers becoming "familiar with the cars that are parked in the association, " it must be understood that each of our officers evaluate thousands of vehicles each day, and have issued over 125, 000 courtesy notices in Orange County in the past year. It would be unreasonable to expect that any of our officers memorize the vehicles they evaluate on a daily basis.

Would it be fair to the tow company to have to return the vehicle to the owner at no charge, even though they performed the tow as requested and were not at fault in any way? Clearly not.

Would it be fair for Patrol One to have to pay for the tow, even though we were not at fault in any way, and in fact were contractually bound to perform our duties in the exact fashion that we did? I don't think so.

Would it be fair for the vehicle owner to pay for the tow, given they admit that they failed to follow the specific instructions provided to them by the association? I believe so.

It is unfortunate for anyone to have their vehicle towed for any reason. It would strongly be our preference to never have to have a vehicle towed from any property. The towing of a vehicle requires Patrol One to invest a significant amount of time and effort, for which we are not compensated in any way.
 19th of Jun, 2008 by   getover it 0 Votes
It is so sad to see that there is an actual web site created by people that actually live in theses beautiful high end areas. I guess it pays off to be rich since you seem to have all this time to bash not only a company that is hired by your associations to do a job, but the employees that are only getting paid to enforce the rules your board members set and you people just cant seem to follow. One would assume that someone that can afford luxury living is well educated and would know how to read. Guess not. It's sad! Not only are you people throwing hissy fits and whining like babies but your all taking it out on the wrong people. And it is pretty annoying i might add specially since before moving into these homes you are explained of all these ugly rules an regulations. First i reccomend that if you are really that upset, then attend a board meeting. Talk to your board members (you know the ones that set the rules.), 2nd if you are still unsatisfied MOVE! There is no 3r or fourth option. If you are one of the many who has lived at association for years(and use this as an excuse) then you must really enjoy being aggravated or better yet must enjoy aggravating and letting out your frustations on others to make up for you being so bitter. Must be all that money!.. lol. Cmon people get a life, and enjoy it.
 11th of Jul, 2008 by   ben 0 Votes
I totally agree they towed my car parked in front of my house and the tow truck company people
were rude and obnoxious they too should be shut down or investigated for improperly towing cars.
We should get of Patrol one, our associations are paying them so they can proide security and not to
gouge us.
 26th of Sep, 2008 by   blaze 420 0 Votes
I still work for Patrol One and also for Patrol Maters. I tow cars out of driveways with no violaions cuz I get paid mad $$$ from tow companies. Dumb ass rich people. Oh..yeah. and i probliliy bang your daughter to.
 3rd of Oct, 2008 by   Arrg 0 Votes
I agree with the complaints. They have ridiculus rules, its not like "all you have to do is abide the rules."
Anybody would go along the rules if they were clear. To make sense of patrol one rules, you will have to
get several papers(citations) and go on to the job of surfing their super slow website that has a very poor
quality of everything. Although( i mean no offensive to the employers), they have the question "are patrol-one officers
blind, dumb or stupid" on the faq, which in my opinion, very much tells us what the consensus is, and
also tells us that the administrator of the website is a arrogant person who thinks by putting that piece will
help people like patron-one or thinks its funny.
 15th of Oct, 2008 by   Nick 0 Votes
Private Party Impounds are the easiest money-making activity for towing companies. smaller and/or newer outfits will often do virtually anything to get them. some people with management and/or boards and/or security will sometimes do anything to get them and so will tow drivers most of the time. if they're not towing something, they're not making any money! the Incentive is definitely there to be Diligent on Enforcing the Rules, instead of Cutting Slack, just like the Cities who give tickets if you're on the street on street-sweeping day. there will Always be at least some money or other rewards changing hands to some degree, believe it, it's Big Money!!! but still...they can't get you if you're not taking the chance that they won't catch you, they Will!!!
 2nd of Nov, 2008 by   a10cowgirl 0 Votes
I've had a bad experience with Patrol One also. I lived in Orange and parked in the handicapped parking in front of my condo. My neighbor had a space right next to mine. I caught Patrol One putting my car on the tow truck and stopped them. I had a handicapped parking permit, but it wasn't on my rear view mirror. I showed them the permit and the tow company put my car back. Mind you, I had parked in that same place every day for the past 4 years. My neighbor had the same thing happen to him. Patrol One towed his car 3 times. He threatened to sue. After so many complaints by residents, Patrol One was fired by our complex. Thank God! The people that work for them see it as doing their job, but they fail to look at both sides. The homeowner, who pays high association fees, and parks in front of his/her residence gets their car towed and has to pay a huge fee to get it back, when the only thing they did was park in front of their house. That's their right. How criminal is that? The association fees paid by the homeowner pays Patrol One to tow the cars, so the homeowners has to pay more just to get their car back. Just who is benefiting by this? The tow companies of course. This is not rocket science. There are plenty of views to go around here, and plenty of blame. I don't blame the homeowners for being angry. Something does need to be done. This is a multifaceted problem. It's not only Patrol One's fault for not being more discriminate, but the association's that hire this company to tow vehicles. The tow companies are not careful about towing vehicles either. They don't seem to care, because they don't check carefully before they tow either. That's how they make money. My solution to this problem was...I moved. That solved it. End of story.
 16th of Nov, 2008 by   Mark Johnson 0 Votes
I totally agree that PATROL ONE employees in many cummunities are paid kickbacks by towing companies. You have to understand that Patrol One is owned and operated by former law enforcement persons or their families, so are towing companies owners.

This is an legal organized gang with connections.
 11th of Feb, 2009 by   Adam 0 Votes
I can't begin to tell you how upset I am with Patrol one. I got in with my trailer at 2 am at my house and woke up in the morning and they unhooked it from my car and towed my car and trailer. I have never had a warning for my trailer. Our CCR's require 3 warnings then a tow. I went to pick up my trailer and my ATV's were untied inside and while they towed it it caused 2k worth of damage inside. They said they towed it because my car had 3 warnings and needed to be towed and they didn't want to unhook my trailer in case it got stolen so they towed it also. I have tried to get them to pay and they have been unprofessional and very rude and refuse to pay for the damages. I pay my HOA due's and they hire a company like this that is unethical.
 23rd of Jun, 2009 by   Indy423 0 Votes
All you homeowners and tenants who have been towed because of Patrol One and are on this website complaining should stop blindly accusing Patrol One of wrong doing. I was a Patrolman with Patrol One for 2 years. I have not worked for them in years due to moving away, and I have nothing to do with them or anybody working for them now, but I can tell you that there was no illegal activity like getting kickbacks from towing agencies or anything else like that. Those practices are highly illegal!

Patrol One did not and still does not make parking policies.

All parking rules of any community or area are set up by the Owner of the property or the Home Owners Association governing where you live and park your vehicles. Patrol One simply is hired to enforce SOMEBODY ELSE'S rules.

I can tell you that I have even been ticketed by Patrol One for not following the association rules of a gated community a friend lived in that I was visiting. It was her fault for not Safe Listing my vehicle, and my fault for not making sure she Safe Listed my vehicle. So I have no complaints.

If you can't stand or handle living and parking by the rules set forth by the HOME OWNERS ASSOCIATION then stop parking there, move out, or simply petition your association or the people who govern the place where you park to alter the rules to make things easier on you and your guests.

PERIOD.

Those rules are set forth to keep emergency lanes clear per city ordinances, keep vehicles from blocking other peoples driveways, keep strange vehicles out of your community to give enough parking spots for you home owners, and to keep the look of your communities clean, open, and inviting so you have a nice place to live and your property values don't go down the toilet.

I don't know about you, but it pisses me off to see my parking taken and have to look at some junker car that never gets driven, or somebodies boat or RV parked right in front of my house instead of in front of their own house half a block to a block away...

Ex Patrolman 423
 6th of Jul, 2009 by   Lil B.O.B 0 Votes
Patrol 1 is one of the best companies i have ever wrked for. The best part was the treatment from the owner. He was very honest, and respectable. He treated all employees very well and maintained an open door policy while doing so. There was a specific company begining which took patrol one's clients with obvious tactics and strategy. 2 which included x P1 employees knowing pool gate combos and locking pools which patol one already secured so it would look as if patrol one did not. They also removed signs from accounts which are costly. Through all of the unfair tactics this other security company has shown patrol one owner Bill handled everything with extreme class. karma will soon reach the other security company. There is a website which u can check by name peoples crininal chargers. PLEASE check the owner of the other security company and see what is finally taking place. Not too many ppl r aware so lets not forget about our freedom of speech.

- Lil B.O.B. :)
 15th of Jul, 2009 by   observer14370 0 Votes
Check out this link Samir Ahmad has 99 Felonies pending against him
 23rd of Jul, 2009 by   scottrod4u 0 Votes
the hell with patrol one i used to work for them...there drivers are fucken lazy all they doo drink on duty and go pretend to work ...
 23rd of Jul, 2009 by   scottrod4u 0 Votes
ihate patrol one i usedto work for them ...all they fucking do is drink on duty while there working and driving the night shift they speed and too top it off they fot even work iknow work for them i ssen it all .they loc up the pools and after that they strip clubs and bars an come back too unlock the pool and they go home ...

Bank Cards Scams 2