logo

Posted:    Jimbo

Fraud and lies

ParetoLogic
paretologic.com
Don't ever buy software if there is no phone number to call in the event of a problem. Nowhere on the website of ParetoLogic is there a phone number to call, and they don't even list their physical address on their website.

I sent them an email asking for help because their DriverCure software wouldn't download, even though I paid $49.50 for it. THEY NEVER RESPONDED TO MY EMAILS. 10 days later, I put in a request with my credit card company to challenge the transaction. We'll see what happens.

They have no problem completing sales, but this company is a TOTAL ZERO in terms of product support and customer service. Do not do business with them, period.

I think they have some arrangement with Microsoft because Microsoft kept sending me pop-up's advising me to contact this company for a 'Driver Cure'. Evidently I picked up some some of computer virus affecting my driver, even though I had TWO active anti-virus software on my computer.
Comments United States Software & Games
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Apr, 2009 by   scott 0 Votes
Not sure about the other stuff, but I can easily find physical address on their website.
 17th of Jun, 2009 by   Jay 0 Votes
2 active anti-virus software on the same computer is a very bad thing.
Anti-virus software acts much like Snake venom and anti-venom.
The 2 programs will try to scan and eat each other, which will open you up to other viruses.
Perhaps you should work on that before trying to download software that you arent familiar with.
 22nd of Nov, 2009 by   Lanicr 0 Votes
I've just about had it with your company. This happened last year and I finally gave up trying after paying for your program.
And simply the fool, I paid again this year and followed your directions to input the new key, even though your original receipt letter states "To activate your renewal, simply restart your application. There is no need to re-enter the license key." Hogwash.
Quit the program, restart, NO BUT ANOTHER SALES PITCH COMES UP. NO PLACE TO ENTER NEW KEY.
IS THERE A LIVE PERSON OUT THERE THAT CAN FIX THIS OR ARE YOU JUST LISTENING TO THE CA-CHING OF THE CASH REGISTER?
 23rd of Jan, 2010 by   mickdel 0 Votes
I've used two of their products for 3 years now. When I had a problem with the privacy control program, I emailed them and got an immediate response. In fact, I sent 3 emails, and had 3 very detailed responses, with offers to contact by phone if I needed. Problem was solved instantaneously.

I can't recommend them highly enough, and will be using them as long as I use a pc.
 30th of Jan, 2010 by   Thusl 0 Votes
Disgustd with the constant pop-ups, I ordered the anti-virus software at the discounted offer of $39.94. But when my card # was entered, I was charged the regular price of $49.94. If contacting Pareto Logic proves difficult, I will have to challenge this charge. We'll see what happens.
 8th of Mar, 2010 by   m.tmatt 0 Votes
I cant get it off my computer. It invades everything. And then it progreses. It blocks your other virus protection and wont let it run.
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   Chillyfil 0 Votes
Recently I had to upgrade my OS to business class and I lost all my updated driver software. Drivercure from Pareto Logic offer a "60-day money back guarantee so I purchased "drivercure for $29.00. After scanning my PC it found 15 drivers needing updates. Out of 15 drivers only 1 installed. One at a time I would install the drivers some taking a few minutes each. All that time to say INSTALLATION FAILED... Pareto Logic will not communicate by phone anymore according to their SAD tech support by email. Personally if I'd have known they don't talk on the phone I wouldn't have bought this crap... I'll let you all know if and when I get my money back. Today is Monday March 25th 2010 and I bought the sofware yesterday.
 24th of Sep, 2010 by   MAD M .F. 0 Votes
I have tried several times to down load this shit . After THAY FUCK YOU OUT OF YOUR MONEY THERE DONE WITH YOU! FUCK YOU PARETO LOGIC.
 11th of Oct, 2010 by   MorpheusOne 0 Votes
My experience was a little different...

I didn't spend any money on this stupid program, thank God!

I dled something for free on the web. I honestly don't even remember why, or even which specific program ..but, since they apparently push computer software I suspect that it was bc I was looking for a decent firewall/anti-virus program(s). I found it to be a useless program taking up space on my computer! After a couple of days I was fed up and, amongst running other maintenance on this infernal machine, I uninstalled it and largely forgot about it.

But, that didn't last very long! Almost immediately I started getting Windows error messages that read something like...

"Error loading C:/ProgramFiles/... ParetoLogic/uuS2/UUS.dll";

...in the following several months I have received, roughly, two hundred of those messages, all of them the same and at about an average of one a day! What I want to know is how do I get rid of these stupid error messages?!!

What program is even trying to access them?? And how do I make it stop!? I suspect that a portion of the program was not uninstalled when I, tried to, uninstall the entire thing and so it lingers on, like some sort of a ghost of its former self. As far as I can tell, it isn't harming my computer in any way, it's just really, ... REALLY, really annoying!!

Anyone that has any idea(s) on how to shed my computer of this insipid little thing, please, respond!

Morpheus
 18th of Sep, 2012 by   HUGH J. 0 Votes
THEY JUST KEEP TRYING TO CONVINCE YOU TO SEND MONEY-SIGN UP. GOTTA GET RID OF THEM.
 13th of May, 2013 by   Fi-NS 0 Votes
I just tried them the first time and ...I paid $39.94 .OK guys that worked. But after my PC ( windows 8 ) being reinstalled, both two of my license keys did NOT work .I did used them on the same PC, and the small window said "..can't be used to MANY installation...".I try to email to the company, then got NO answer .Here my ID purchase :PTLC-U110413-41VLP

Mobile Phone Selling Fraud