logo

Paramount Demo Service

Posted:    Lorna Stone

Music Scam

Paramount Music Nashville
Has anyone ever been happy with any service Paramount Music of Nashville has provided.

They claim many things and give the immpression they work with The In crowd of The Nashville Song Writing World .

I exchanged a couple of e mails with one of the owners, and found him very naive, about the way the whole system works..

I believe they are rippimg people off, I have never ever considered using them as I do my own demo's. and they have nothing in the way of a quality service that I require.

I'm just interested that so many seem to use them and keep them in business .

The only demos I have heard from them feature singers who cant stay in tune and musicians who cant play properly.

But perhaps someone else can prove me wrong.
Comments United States Entertainment
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Aug, 2012 by   MusicMaker 0 Votes
I have a record and publishing company. I have received more than 100 submissions from writers who have had their songs recorded by Paramount. 99% of these submissions are decent productions but the quality of the lyrics, melodies and commercial ability of the songs are extremely poor. In my opinion, Paramount is doing a disservice to these uneducated writers by charging them for an inferior product such as: Length of songs up to 6 minutes, Monotone or monotonous melodies, No development of story line and or hooks and Inconsistencies. In the past 40 years in the music business I could have been a millionaire if I took writer's money, like Paramount does, and recorded every song submitted to me and offers of money from writers to make demos whether the songs had a chance or not. If Paramount had any integrity, they would not charge for submissions and help these writers by giving them an honest critique and advising them to learn the craft of songwriting and resubmit their songs when they, at least, have a chance to be recorded by a major artist or record company.
 10th of Oct, 2012 by   DorianCastle 0 Votes
Thanks MusicMaker... I will write you privately.

Dorian Castle
 14th of May, 2013 by   kman360 0 Votes
Please provide as much information as possible...
 10th of Jul, 2013 by   S. Gustafski (Scotty) 0 Votes
Hi, Musicmaker!

If YOU want some outstanding, wonderful and heartfelt lyrics and are very serious about a writer whose songs have value, worth and meaning, you'll contact me and never regret it. I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you! (theepolishprince@yahoo.com)
 29th of Jul, 2013 by   Hang Loose 0 Votes
SCAM SCAM SCAM Avoid this company at all costs. Once you submit your music, lyrics or whatever they will send you a contract saying your song has been selected to be put on a demo. The cost for this runs between $140-almost $400. After they send you your demo they will send you a letter saying that your song has been selected by the creative department or something of that nature to be put on an album called Catch A Rising Star which will have your name as the writer on the album. To have your music put on this album is going to cost you about a $100 dollars. Then on top of the $100 it will cost you another $15 for each CD of the album so YOU can distribute it to anyone YOU like. If you ever contact the company to find out any information in regards to how the promotion of your music is coming they are very nasty. Especially Mr. David Robinson who is extremely obnoxious, rude and for some strange reason overly impressed with himself. This man is lucky to be speaking over the phone to people and not to their face because he would be in for a rude awakening. This company WILL NOT DO A THING FOR YOU EXCEPT DRAIN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT!!
 5th of Sep, 2013 by   THE KENTUCKY KOWGIRLS 0 Votes
How any Publisher could say that Paramount make a decent Demo is beyond me,
I agree they are preying on the Vanity of Learning Writers, as are many many more

Anyone who sends a lyric to a so called company or studio, with a view of paying for them to compose the music and make a demo, is living in Cloud Cuckoo land.

Surely you must realise if they were any good at composing Great Music, why would they be bothering with you. A.S.C.A.P. state they will not handle any collaboration, that's good of them to say that, but the truth is that scenario will never happen. Why????
because great songs are not just written, they are re written sometimes many many times, until a satisfactory song evolves.

Learning songwriters are so naive, it's unbelievable to me that they would even
consider that route.

THE KENTUCKY KOWGIRLS
 24th of Feb, 2014 by   sejb 0 Votes
Well I disagree with all of you. From 2009 to 2012 I sent my demos to Paramountsong TN to be made up. I sent the words and the tune that I sang onto a tape with a fee. The songs were made up well I thought and I have listed the demos with videos I made onto my You Tube page and my website page. As far as I am aware, it was a man called David Robinson who found the muscians and hired session singers to make up my demos and I am satisfied . You must send IN your own tune to your words. Go listen and decide for yourself; at : sherylejolliebriggs.co.nz or SHERYL JOLLIE BRIGSS ON You Tube channel.
 21st of Jul, 2014 by   Dean Harrison 0 Votes
HI SHERYL Sadly your own experience with Paramount is not typical, far from it
The music bussiness is highly competitive, and the man who calls himself David Robinson, that you refer to . does not exist, well only in his imagination.

The line these people tread is so dodgy, that they would never give out their real names they are con artists, who do not actually promise anything that anyone can sue them for not completing

We have the contacts, Your song won the poem of the month, Your song will be recorded by a leading Nashville Singer. Et-cetera how could you prove they are lieing
without spending a fortune.

Your own You Tube site does not now exist. and from what i have heard your songs
have no commercial prospects whatsoever, that is my opinion.

You are precisely the type of learning writer that they prey on.
Sorry, but that is a fact, and it's meant to save others from parting with money they can ill afford.
 18th of Aug, 2014 by   johnnie at ELP 0 Votes
Hello, I actually Won - One of Paramount's Contest several years ago - I received a total prize of $1000.00 -) some in demo credits and some in a check... If you send them in- a tune and Lyrics- They have done a great job for me. Lets face it- If you don't - you get what you get.. The prize winning gave me the encouragement to keep writing. I have also had some of the top critics in Nasheville and in the country also critique the Demos and they were Impressed- especially when I told them that Paramount Produced them. . I did not feel I received a lot of promotion or pitching from them to performing artist or record labels... But I know for a fact they are downtown Nasheville ( I have even been to the office to pick up a copy of a demo) and can verify that they are only houses down from Major recording studios.. For those new songwriters inspiring to write the next big hit- Join a songwriters guild and get some feedback before you spend major $$$. Take the time to develop your songs and when its READY- then Pay for the Best demo you can afford. If you just want to hear YOUR song put to Music - no matter what the cost- go for it!! For some people that may be their only dream...As for the length of the songs- if you send in 20 verses- Who is to decide which ones to keep and which ones to take out? That is not apart of the service- they offer- SONGWRITERS DO YOUR RESEARCH before you have a demo made anywhere. Learn more about the business and what is expected, needed, and wanted from Publisher's and recording Companies. By the way-I can also verify that the publishers on their lists-WILL call you- If your work fits their needs or shows promise for any project they have.
 25th of Sep, 2014 by   sejb 0 Votes
well Dean Harrison, my reply to you is I totally disagree. the demo songs done for me by Paramountsong were all over the net for sale during 2011-to 2012. I had requests from people who wanted to promote them and very good comments. I was happy with the quality of their hired musicians, only one song demo I thought could have done with more better music quality. Not everything in life is about earning $. What wrecked it for me was the hackers. I could not locate them. They must live in the fresh air especially the crowd from the Netherlands. Anything good gets pinched. sejbriggs
 10th of Oct, 2014 by   sejb 0 Votes
Also Dean, I forgot to mention that in 2011 at the 31st Australian Songwriting Awards(known as ASA), I entered the demo that one of their hired session groups did for me (my demo song called 'His Way/Your Way) male voice for singer) and in the 'spiritual' section of the official results the demo received fifth place. So they try to find session groups/singers that match the style of song sent. Does this then mean the Aussie judges lack good judging taste?
 18th of Oct, 2014 by   DNP songs 0 Votes
Ok, so now I know Paramount is not the people to do my songs so who do I use. That I can trust... Don Putnam..

Cecil County Credit Card Fraud