logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
eCampus.com
Misleading website and terrible service!
2. (3 mins ago)

Posted: 2013-09-19 by    RZ Glen

Scam

Palmco Energy
New Jersey
Palmco solicited me to change over from PSE&G and said that after their promotion period their rates would be variable and gave me a historical picture that rates are most of the time better and never said that variable rates could be double! They are dishonest and dubious and if they want to have a real business model and keep their customers, when the variable rates reach over 25% higher than other utility charge, let alone double, they should reach out to their customers and advise them on how to better manage their energy rates. They instead go on the defensive.

below is a link to my actual bills from July and August of 2013 showing the difference in rates, cut and paste if you cannot click on it:

Comments United States Utility Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Jan, 2014 by   Palmco Energy 0 Votes
Dear RZ Glen,

I am sorry to hear that you felt you were misled by our pricing. At PALMco, quality service is our #1 priority and customer satisfaction is our goal. If your issues are not completely resolved, I would be happy to discuss your bills with you in further detail. Please feel free to give me a call at (877) 726-5862 or email me at CustomerService@PalmcoEnergy.com and reference your 9/19/13 Complaints Board post.

Best,

Resolution Supervisor

6th of Feb, 2014 by   Anon Nymous 0 Votes
I used to work for this company... I've seen the way they manipulate customers and do the most to not pay for what they do! First things first they offer you an "intro rate" which is AWESOME and way below competitors but DONT BE FOOLED! By the 3rd or 4th bill the rate doubles and sometimes even triples. When you call to complain they'll give you some BS about the prices being competitive market blah blah it's total bull. Then they offer you a low ball refund DONT SETTLE! Immediately ask for the supervisor and I'd you get anyone OTHER than Connie they're bsing you. Furthermore the OWNER of the company is fully aware that these sales reps who come to your door are lying to you! He knows they try to say they are from the utility or that it's a government program and that they try to tell you that you're not switching providers but you ARE! And they will try to guarantee you savings with explicitly stating "guarantee savings". They tell you the price changes monthly similar to your utility... What they mean is the rate will go up and down but will ALWAYS be at least double what you were paying before. And these sale reps use FAKE IDENTITIES so when you try to get them in trouble rest assured they'll be back on the streets under someone else's name. And again the owner is more than aware. The company outsources telemarketers and door to door sales reps by companies run by scam artists, perverts, and criminals. The company is known as PALMco in every other state but, New York where they were known as Columbia Utilities but changed their name because the Attorney General caught on to their deceptive ways. DO Not make the mistake of signing up with them, you will surely regret it
 12th of Feb, 2014 by   KRISTY BOAZ 0 Votes
This is exactly what this company did to me. THey are full of lies, deception, misleading, customer service sucks and I will do everything I can to expose them for who they really are!
 23rd of Apr, 2014 by   Linda A. M 0 Votes
I am so disgusted with Palmco I'm considering taking legal action. I have already contacted the BBB and Public Utility Commission. If anyone is considering signing up with them, DON"T. Their rates are 3 times higher than the other utility providers and they'll give you this BS about how there was a spike in costs. They are a fraudulent organization.

The 5 Biggest College Application Mistakes