logo

Posted:    Sam

Fraud and lies

OOKISA
ookisa.com
The marketing for OOKISA hair products is a scam regardless of any product merit. I ordered the 30-DAY FREE TRIAL and paid 5.95 s&h. The terms are only partly disclosed in the banner ad and order page. The wording is vague and intentionally deceptive. These merely state you must cancel before the trial period ends otherwise they will send another shipment and charge you $100 for it. Obviously, you assume you will have 30 days to cancel. But after you place the order, OOKISA immediately sends an e-mail confirmation with fine print stating you have only 20 days to cancel, not 30 days. Upon delivery, the invoice for the 30-DAY FREE TRIAL states at the bottom you must notify them in 14 days to cancel. If you don't see that you won't notice that your 30-DAY FREE TRIAL has now been changed to only 14 days. That's how they unexpectedly get you for the first $100 automatic shipment after just 14 days. When I called OOKISA within 20 days to complain, the operator awkwardly tried to play semantic games with their wording and shipping times to justify how their 30 day free trial period actually equals only 14 days. It's a scam to get your credit card # and automatically charge $100 before you realize it. Upon closer inspection, the bottom of the invoice even states they will not process any refunds for packages marked Return To Sender and all sales are final and non-refundable after the 14-DAY FREE TRIAL period. How does a 30-DAY FREE TRIAL suddenly change to a 14-DAY FREE TRIAL period after they get your credit card number? This is a well-planned scam played out on the Internet to separate victims from their money.

With a simple internet search, I see a lot of people have complaints against OOKISA. The trial offers vary slightly, but the result is always to get the credit card number and charge for the first order before the customer can cancel. The OOKISA website also displays a trial offer of 14 days, but this is not the same as the special 30-day trial they advertise in banner ads, like the one I clicked.

Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Apr, 2009 by   disgruntledcitizen +1 Votes
Maybe one of the tv networks needs to be contacted along with the BBB to get this changed.
 15th of May, 2009 by   Justice +1 Votes
I am having the same problem with OOKISA. I concur that the OOKISA offer is a complete scam. Furthermore, when I called OOKISA to resolve the matter, I spoke to several of their representatives who were extremely rude, aggressive, and hostile. They tried to put me on the defensive. I felt like I was being harassed. In addition OOKISA is an inferior product compared to saloon products or hair products sold at a drugstore.
 28th of May, 2009 by   CorrinaCalifornia 0 Votes
Ookisa customer care was very helpful in assisting me with my trial return and also extended my initial trial to get a better idea of the shampoo kit. I disagree i do believe that the terms and conditions explain the trial and it is up to the consumer to read them through before entering credit card information online.
 27th of Jun, 2009 by   jus1 +1 Votes
I actually called and canceled my trial in the specified amount of time but they charged my account the $100 saying I didn't send back the used product. I did send back the empty product bottles. I even sent them in the same box they sent it to me. Ookisa now claims they never received them. It's a SCAM!! They will charge you NO MATTER WHAT. Do not order this product. The company will stick you for the $100 no matter what. Besides that, the product isn't any better than much cheaper salon grade products.
 3rd of Jul, 2009 by   NoHappyCamper +2 Votes
Ookisa hair products are a joke. It's the unethical marketing schemes they use to get your credit card on the premise of a free trial. It's not free because you have to return the product before the arbitrary deadline. When does a free trial mean you must return the product after you sample it? They'd call it a money-back guarantee if they intended not to charge, but they don't.
The deadline changes from 30-days, to 20, to 14 without notice. Too late! You're screwed even if you do send it back.
 3rd of Jul, 2009 by   NoHappyCamper +2 Votes
Ookisa shills, such as CorinnaCalifornia, are paid to disagree with complaints on internet message boards. It's just like planting the idea that Oookisa is used by Hollwood stars using paid advertising. So which movie stars? Putting sample products in gift baskets or buying ads in a magazine calling it Hollywood beauty tips are not celebrity endorsements!
 10th of Jul, 2009 by   j ann -2 Votes
I have been using Ookisa since March and I totally disagree with all of the negative feed back. The customer service people have always been helpful and friendly, and I really do see an improvement in the condition of my hair. I was realistic about results. I have fine thin hair, I knew I couldnt grow a head of hair like the models in their ads. But using the night time follicle serum twice a day, in the morning when I am styling my hair, and again at night before bed, I do see more volume, and I am going to continue to use it.

My card is charged every 2 months, and have not had a problem with that, or delivery.

The terms are clearly stated, in small print, but they are there. Any consumer needs to fully read any contract or agreement before signing on, thats just common sense.

I am not affliated with Ookisa in any way, except that I am a happy customer.
 18th of Jul, 2009 by   Jim756 +1 Votes
A before/after photo on the OOKISA site shows a dark-haired woman ("Kellie J., Piedmont, AL") with her hair confined narrowly down her back in the "before" photo, then spread out wide in the "after" photo. Is anyone really fooled by such a ridiculous "proof" of effectiveness. P.T. Barnum lives!
 20th of Jul, 2009 by   gigilong8 0 Votes
I have been using these products for about two months and have definitely gotten new growth in some areas that were balding, as well as comments from several folks about how nice and healthy my hair looks, so I do love the product; however, I had so much trouble finally receiving it after I ordered (about six calls were made before they finally shipped it, with lame excuses about what had happened to my order) and then I was charged double what they quoted me. I protested the charge with my credit card company, and they removed the excess charge, although they reported that Ookisa would not respond back to their inquiries. Although the customer service reps were always very nice to me, they have some serious problems in thier company with their policies and procedures, and I am afraid to order more of the product directly from them. Anyone know of another product that is natural and works as well or where I can get these products without buying them from Ookisa? Thanks!
 21st of Jul, 2009 by   citygal 0 Votes
jann & gigilong08 you both can fight over my unopened shipment of this high-price stuff. I'll even pay for shipping. I never even tried the trial products. I too got scammed, no doubt about it! I never even tried the trial products.When I tried to close my computer screen to decline the 30-day free trial for $5.95 s&h they offered it to me for $2. I did not see anything about future shipments and did expect any. Then, I went out-of-town and a few weeks after my return my neighbor bought the package to me. Well, when I contacted Ooksia they would not give ma an RMA. There needs to be a law against such practices as Ooksia. I think it's time for a class action suit against these folks.
 30th of Aug, 2009 by   stop.scams +1 Votes
File a complaint against this company with the California Attorney General's office in the State of California. You can file it online. In the past, I have gotten good response from this agency regarding fraudulent businesses operating in the state. The only reason I am here on this website is I saw the Ookisa ad and was somewhat interested. However, I've learned from past experiences that before I impulsively order something, I'll Google the company's name FIRST (Ookisa Complaints) like I did now just to see what others have experienced. Glad I did! Best of luck, hope you all get your $$$ back and hopefully wipe that company out of existence!
 24th of Sep, 2009 by   elenita73 0 Votes
I tood got ripped off with ookisa, i have used this product did not make any difference at all, i finally was able to cancel and they went ahead and charged me anyways, they said as soon as i received the product i would be able to return it and get a refund, unfortunatley my financial situation changed and wasnt able to afford it anymore and was charged overdraft fees because they refused to reverse the charges, even when they could not prove that the product was shipped even tho they said it was. NO tracking number available. Everything was to their advantage!!
SCAM SCAM!!! do not buy
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by   MISS BRAZIL -1 Votes
I wish I had read some of this email... THEY ARE A BIB SCAM...

DO NOT BUY

DO NOT BUY

ND GOOD LUCK TRY TO TALK TO SOME ONE
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   SCAMMED BY TOOTH WHITENER 0 Votes
The same thing happened to me with a tooth whitener...I will never ever request anything FREE TRIAL or FREE SAMPLE EVER AGAIN. I reported them to the BBB & they did nothing. These crooks kept my money!!
 9th of Feb, 2010 by   deb713 0 Votes
The marketers of Ooskia lied in the ingredients list. Rooibos (Red Tea) is not from Mid-Asia. It is from South Africa. It can only be grown is South Africa, due to the climate.
My thought is this. If they lied about this one ingredient, what else did they lie about?
 19th of Feb, 2010 by   dimcgee 0 Votes
I ordered the so-called "free trial" also not knowing there would be recurring charges -- I have been trying to call the company to cancel for the last two days and get a telephone recording saying "no one is available to take your call at this time." So they won't answer the phone so you can cancel and avoid future charges. THIS IS A SCAM, people!! I'm sending their lousy products back anyway (certified mail, so they can't claim I didn't) and disputing the charges thru my credit card company.
 12th of Apr, 2010 by   Canyon Lake Missy 0 Votes
I ordered what I thought was a trail bottle of shampoo, conditioner, and night repair for shipping of 5.95...thinking if I like the product I would order more. To my surprise on Saturday when I opened my email there was the order form along with the NEW agreement...of charging my card 89 something every 60 days. After calling their 877-466-5472 number and talking to a few rude customer service people I decided to do some checking online. They have numerous complaints against them with the Better Business Bureau of CA. I called back on last time explaining that I AM going to BBB if I have to pay anything... FINALLY...they said they would not charge the 5.95 shipping I could keep their product and I won't be charged anything EVER... I spoke with Veronica at extension 586...she at least wasn't rude and did help. Her supervisors name is Chris and he can be reached at extension 222 for those that want to complain... Hopefully I won't have to update this with another complaint..

I suggest calling, calling and calling until you get it resolved...tell them about all the complaints they have online...I did!
 5th of May, 2010 by   tom in hemet 0 Votes
I agree if anything it made my hair worse and I don't have that much on top... How do I stop them from sending me anymore and stop charging my credit card ? I will try one more time to get them to stop. Unhappy in Hemet
 5th of May, 2010 by   tom in hemet 0 Votes
After venting a few moments ago, I called the OOKISSA phone number (877-466-5472) and to my suprise a gentleman named Carlos listened to my complaints and did in fact cancel my future orders. Just thought I would give them credit for the way they handled my account. Not as unhappy in Hemet
 15th of Jun, 2010 by   Very Upset47 0 Votes
DO NOT ORDER

When I ordered this product I did not see the terms and condition box to read. I'm always careful about ordering items on line. All I thought this was a 30 day free trial, that is what it says on their website... I thought I was going to get an email from them reminding me about my 30 days being up and if I would like to order their product..Next thing I know I get my credit card statement in the mail and I was charged the $89.95 for the product. Why would I order something for that amount if I thought it was FREE??? I don't even buy the expensive ones in the stores and the salon..Their ad is very deceptive and fraudulent..I called today to cancel my membership and told them I'm returning them. They said I cannot get my money back since the 30 days was up.

I am so upset with these people...Their product is not even good, it made my hair really DRY...

Very upset