logo

Omron Complaints & Reviews - New defective blood pressure monitor

Omron Contacts & Informations

Omron

Posted:    Violated

New defective blood pressure monitor

Omron
We purchased a new $65 blood pressure monitor at Wal Mart. It didn't work right out of the box, so we returned to Wal mart and was informed they could not replace or refund on it, that it had to be sent to the company by us. I called the company Omron and they made arrangement to repair it if I mailed it back AT MY EXPENSE and also ENCLOSED A CHECK FOR THE RETURN POSTAGE, a cost of about $15. I tried to argue with them as it was a factory DEFECT and it should not cost me anything to get it repaired. Wal Mart should have taken it back and returned it to this company that has been made aware by the FDA that some of it's products are not in compliance. http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/2004/ucm146188.htm<br />
<br />
I request that this company be made to assume full expenses on defective products and that Wal Mart be authorized to refund or replace any new out of the box factory defects from Omron. How many thousands of consumers have bought useless products from Omron and thrown them away rather than invest another $15 and take a chance that this company has the knowledge or willingness to repair it.
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Nov, 2009 by   Diversgramma 0 Votes
Same thing just happened to me. I purchased a blood pressure monitor - the type that is used on the wrist. I also own an Omron blood pressure monitor that goes around the upper arm. I constantly get error messages on the upper arm monitor. When checked against the blood pressure monitor at our pharmacy and also at the doctor's office, the wrist monitor is at least 30 points lower - totally inaccurate. Terrible experience trying to get them to pay for the shipping. I got a lot of double talk from the representative - and an email from the company about how sorry they are that I am dissatisfied - but basically - they don't intend to stand behind their product.
 2nd of Dec, 2011 by   Rising Blood Pressure 0 Votes
I have a two year old Omron monitor that suddenly stopped working a couple of months ago. It has a 5 year warranty.
I returned it to Omron for repair or replacement. They returned it to me with an inspection report that claimed the unit was "working within specification". I could not believe my eyes when I read the report. The unit still does not work at all.
I stupidly called the company back and described the problem. After a lengthy conversation with the representative she assured me that they would send prepaid postage labels so that I could return the unit yet again without incurring another postage fee. The labels never arrived. My bad. I now will give Omron more than their moneys worth of bad advertising.
 10th of Oct, 2012 by   ira dei 0 Votes
The Omron blood pressure monitor I have is completely inaccurate. It is off about 30 points. I called the company and they will do nothing to support their product. I spoke with their customer care and also requested to speak with the manager. Both Omron representatives engaged in repeating numerous times their excuse for not being able to help me. This was rude and not a good use of my time. I will never again buy an Omron product. I hope my experience will help others to choose a product that has the support that Omron lacks.
 28th of Aug, 2013 by   Pravastatin 0 Votes
I've had a similar completely unsatisfactory dealing with Omron. After getting very high readings at home vs. dr's office and biometric screening at work, I took it in to dr and had readings taken one after the other--Omron unit was 30 points high. After they made me jump through many hoops I returned he unit (7000 series) to the company and, never getting a repaired unit back, wrote them. They said it shipped but I never received it. I wrote them back, they said they'd "escalate" the request and respond in 2 days and never did. Wrote again, and same thing-we'l get back with you, then crickets. Omron has the worst customer service I've ever experienced. I've gone out and bought a CVS monitor.
 6th of Oct, 2013 by   Tracy scotttt 0 Votes
I bought an Omron two years ago and now it blows up until it pops off my arm, with no reading at all. I have no clue if it's the monitor or the cuff. I guess I have to buy a new one.
 23rd of Nov, 2013 by   surajitsamanta 0 Votes
I want to purchase blood pressure monitor machine. Which one is good? I have no idea about these product.

The 5 Best Ways to Save on Entertainment