logo

Failure to Assist in Warranty

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

NuBrilliance microdermabrasion in home unit Complaints & Reviews - damage to face

NuBrilliance microdermabrasion in home unit Contacts & Informations

NuBrilliance microdermabrasion in home unit

Posted:    deonna

damage to face

I ordered a NuBrilliance microdermabrasion (home use) unit from their online site recently. It describes the unit as: it deminishes fine lines, discolorations, give skin a young healthy glow and smoother skin. Came with two diamond heads to use (fine diamond head for face & neck) and regular diamond head for arms, legs etc..)
I ordered this unit on a trial offer for 30 days. I received the unit this past week, read the instructions (followed them carefully) the first use, my skin was red (longer than the "minutes" it spoke of and a bit tender, there was some flaking of the skin, but I applied the two creams sent with the unit and it helped with the flaking and figured that was part of it. I waited (as recommended in the instructions) a few days and used the unit for the second time. This is when my skin became very red and irritated. Again after this I applied the creams and realized my skin was raw in many places and the creams only made it worse instead of relieving the discomfort. My face felt as though it were on fire, with pins sticking me all night. I tried to rinse off the cream for relief with just plain water and this burned even further. Upon getting up the next morning (after a painful night) my face looked as though it went through a briar patch. I am horrified! I am attaching the photos of the next morning after the second use the night before.
There are ONLY positive testimonials on their site, NOTHING on their site or in the papers they sent prepared me for this outcome. I will not go outside of my home nor answer my door until my face heals (if it will) and the pain still exist but today I can put ointment on (with discomfort) but I am worried about infection (if I do not) and of course, permanent scarring. This product is not for everyone and unfortunately they do not include that others have had very bad outcomes from the use. I feel very disfigured for someone who only wanted the deminished lines and smooth youthful skin the product claims to give you. I feel like a monster and can only hide out in my home until my face heals (and I pray that is the case) Can you help? I have since found online many complaints that are like mine, with damage to face from use of this product. I wish I had thought of that before trying this product, but trusted the website which claimed Dr. approved and safe.

Sincerely,

Deonna Hampton

NuBrilliance microdermabrasion in home unit NuBrilliance microdermabrasion in home unit NuBrilliance microdermabrasion in home unit NuBrilliance microdermabrasion in home unit

Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Sep, 2010 by   deonna 0 Votes
Upon contacting customer service at NuBrilliance, I told the woman on the phone of my horrible experience and she stated, " I am sorry you were not happy with the product"... I told her I absolutely was not, and then she stated..."well, it doesn't work for everyone"... REALLY??? I asked her WHY is that not stated on the website? She did not reply. She really just rushed to get off the phone.

That was the first I heard that the product did not work for everyone, the website is full of "positive" testimonials, all positive statements about the product with NO negative. All about what wonderful results this unit gives. NO disclaimer, no statements from those who returned the product or why. Just the ole "bait and hook"

This absolutely does not work for everyone (it did not work for me) and there are others... Don't take the chance on this! Look at my face, the pictures are very real and this was done by the NuBrilliance microdermabrasion unit. I have photos of myself before use of the unit and the photos posted are after.

I am currently seeing a doctor and awaiting appointment with dermatologist and pray that my face can be repaired. This unit did nothing of what it states on the website or in the paper work sent with it.

Very deceptive practices in order to sell their units with disregard to the damages that the product can do to others. Because this product may work for some, it should not be at the expense of the others that it does harm to. They simply don't want to hear about it, don't care.

People matter, I matter. I am currently using prescribed creams and cannot go outside in the sun (not that I want to be seen) I cannot participate in activities involving family, friends, school. I am a shut in, hiding in the shame of how I now look. Mortified while sitting in the waiting room of a doctors office (with my head down, and hair hanging over my face) so that no one could see my damaged face.

Please, do not use this product, do not take the chance that it may work for you, as it may not (as with me) and is that a chance you are willing to take? I am telling you what they will not, it DOES NOT work for everyone. It has been painful (physically & emotionally). I would not wish this on my worst enemy.

The photo below is BEFORE use of the NuBrilliance microdermabrasion unit. Compare the photo with the ones previously submitted and ask yourself if you want to take the chance.

23rd of Sep, 2010 by   deonna -1 Votes
Company information who owns this product and patent: Wellquest International Inc. based out of New York.

There has been court action against them in the past for deceptive business practice, false statements etc... by consumers. And the Federal Trade Commission has taken action against them as well. It is online under Wellquest International Inc.

NuBrilliance and Wellquest International Inc. (ARE THE SAME)
 21st of Jan, 2011 by   Freespirit62 -1 Votes
Deonna... call the news.. you can have them investigated...and get your money back from the product and the money you spent tryhing to fix the problem that their machined caused...it's a disgrace what that machine has done to you... I feel for you deeply and will pray for a quick recovery... whenever I buy a product I saw on TV.. I buy it from Walgreens, Target any other convenient store.. now anything you see on TV is being sold in many places.. if I have a problem with the product... I take it back.. get my money... write to better business bureau and report them... I always check the consumer reports on all products... Warmest regards and appreciation for your comments and photo's...
 21st of Jan, 2011 by   deonna 0 Votes
Thank you, for the kind words. I have reported them, in hopes that they would pull the product, and have told my story in hopes that it doesn't happen to anyone else. I am healing (except for a few scars that will be left) from where I started, and for that I am grateful to the doctors for all they have done.
I will never buy another product online that is not offered in reputable stores, as you stated, at least you can take the product back to the store and speak to someone in person. Thank you for prayers, that is the one thing that has gotten me through this...all the prayers.
God Bless
 6th of Apr, 2011 by   Sexibeach -1 Votes
Ain't no way you could get those results unless you were over using this machine.. I"ve been using it for weeks, and my skin is clear and beautiful.. you did more than your telling sweetie, you went over board or used the wrong tips.
 6th of Apr, 2011 by   deonna -3 Votes
The results are in fact from the use of the NuBrilliance at home use product, and it was the second use with the correct tip (fine) and used exactly as recommended by the instructions, dvd and a step further by calling customer service after the first use and face was red longer than stated in the instructions and dvd... they said it was "normal" and wait a few days and use again, it was part of the process. Not so. The second time, was the last time and the photos reflect the outcome. I am not the only person who had injury (no, before you ask, I have not hired an attorney) I documented every step and had photos taken as well, I posted and reported to keep anyone else from having injury. While this product may work for some it does NOT work for everyone. That is what should be stated in the paperwork and website NuBrilliance has. It is great that it worked for you, but it is very tragic that it caused damage to others.
Because it worked for you and you had a positive outcome, you have no right to insinuate that I am not being truthful, I am 100% telling the truth, my dermatologist looked at the unit, the tips (which I still have) as well as my family doctor (you know, the professionals) and both stated, this could and did cause harm to individuals, the tips are not the same as used in the dermatologist office (this from my dermatologist) and the fine tip was the only tip used (twice) the other tip has NO use at all (no dna at all on it) so as far as the wrong tip... sorry but no. Over use, not at all.
The ONLY thing I am trying to do, is to change the way NuBrilliance advertises the product, to include the negative outcomes of those who did not benefit from use of this product, and to include the statement, "this product can cause damage to skin, to some individuals".
For information purposes check out the Wellquest International (NuBrilliance) they have many products on the market, they have been in legal trouble for making false, misleading statements about products, including the clinically tested, doctor approved... that is fact, but then NuBrilliance doesn't state all the facts...so if you are trying to dig up dirt, start there, the dirt is with the company (Wellquest International and their products) I did far more than NuBrilliance "Wellquest International", I told the whole truth about the product.
 15th of Apr, 2011 by   Gem66 0 Votes
Deonna,
Thank you so much for posting your results. Before I buy anything online I check to see what people have experienced using the product. I saw the Nubrilliance ad this evening on TV and I was considering making the purchase. As always, I checked for people's comments on the benefit or negative of using the machine and yours is the first one I came across. I agree with your statement that it is not worth the risk to damage my face just in an attempt to remove some wrinkles, etc. I have sensitive skin and my guess is that I would probably have a reaction similar to yours. You've saved me some grief and pain. Thanks!
 15th of Apr, 2011 by   deonna 0 Votes
You are welcome, it was a very bad experience and to add insult to injury, the company never even acknowledged my complaint, no letter of apology, no phone call, the customer service was very rude.
I sent before and after photos to the company along with doctor statements of my injuries but they did not nor have not changed their reviews of the product to include "may cause injury" and "not everyone has positive results" they only appear to acknowledge those positive reviews, and disgard the negative reviews (that does not line their pockets) instead of trying to use those to correct any problems with the product... or to include those statements (mine is not the only negative outcome) and I did not hire an attorney to file suit, I paid for all of my medical and it is an experience I will never forget. But shame on NuBrilliance (aka Wellquest International) for not being professional enough to acknowledge those of us with negative outcomes from use of their product. And I am so very glad that you chose NOT to make the purchase on the "possibility" that you could have been injured. I will never again take a chance on something like this.

Deonna
 16th of May, 2011 by   Sick of Gimmicks!!! 0 Votes
Nubrillance is the worst company I have ever dealt with over the phone. Thier customer service reps are truly horrible. I was able to speak to maybe two ladies that showed to be sincere to my complaints. The product is so not worth the near $300 cost because you are only able to get about 3 to 4 good uses before the suction begins to give way. I strongly advise anyone considering this product to think twice before wasting their hard earned money. The company has no compassion and the product is very, very faulty. Spend you money where people cares about your well being.
 20th of May, 2011 by   shopaholic123 0 Votes
Deonna, I'm sorry to hear that nubrilliance didn't work out for you. I just bought nubrilliance a week ago and came across this site. I just finished my first session and the vacuum is quite strong but effective. I've had many microdermabrasions done in different medical offices and the vacuum is almost just as strong. The diamond fine tip is quite abrasive if you keep going over the same area especially on the face. I think that's why they tell you to start with level one then you work your way up. I noticed that level 1 is very tolerable and you can probably go over the same area a couple times and it wouldn't hurt, although they do tell you to not go over the same area on the face more than 3 times. I'm just surprised why you didn't stop using the machine soon after it started bleeding or peeling like that on one side of your face. It must've hurt a lot. Now, I have mixed feelings after reading this site.

I saw a comment earlier about the suction the machine, and I'm glad i bought a 3 yr warranty for my nubrilliance. Nubrilliance does offer warranties when you buy it directly from their website so at least i know i'll be getting at least 3 years of good use out of this. . I'm in no way affiliated with nubrilliance in case your wondering. By the way, Deonna, try using elizabeth grant night cream and serums. It will help a lot with the healing process. It will also prevent you from scarring. If the pain is unbearable, try using kalaya topical creams. It works wonders. I asked Kalaya once before if it's safe to use on my face after doing a vein laser treament cause my face was swelling from the treatment. It works right away within 3 minutes of applying it and lasts 12 hrs. I hope this helps and I also hope you recover soon. Talk to your physician or dermatologist in giving you a prescription called triluma or hydroquinone to make the scars go away. I hope that helps.
 20th of May, 2011 by   deonna 0 Votes
Thanks for the tips on creams. My dermatologist did prescribe the hydroquinone (the triluma had a manufacture recall at the time and the pharmacy would not fill it, so my doctor prescribed the hydroquinone.
I did as directed on the nubrillance, and even called customer service after the first use and skin stayed red for longer than stated. They told me to wait a few days and then use again (fine tip) that some people are different. I did and stopped very soon and put the creams on (that is when it became horrible) my skin just came off in areas with application of the cream and burned like fire. The combination of the unit and the creams seemed to have been the problem (according to my dermatologist) and seemed to have been a defect in the fine tip (which I kept both to take to the doctor). I am better now, I still have some light scarring (discolorations) but they are fading with the use of the bleaching cream prescribed.
The unit works for some, I have read that. But not for everyone (I am an example of some) I have learned that anything to do with my body at all, I will always go to a qualified doctor. I am doing well and moving on. I really appreciate the tips on the creams and your kind words, I hope the unit works well for you and am glad you had not had issues with it. Thank you for being kind and considerate of my experience.

20th of May, 2011 by   *Brenda* (user blocked) 0 Votes
It could also have something to do with the amount of pressure applied. Dermabrasion should feel like a cat tongue, and done properly is very relaxing, like a facial massage.
 21st of Jun, 2011 by   PA Mom 0 Votes
Wow. I ordered the product few weeks ago and got it yesterday. I tried it and so far no damage. I will admit though, that my skin is used to "rough" treatment. I frequently use a loofah or clay scrubs to exfoliate my face, neck and decolletage. As a matter of fact, I found the product to be VERY mild (I was expecting it to be stronger). I did stay on the first 2 settings for my face though and used the fine tip. I do believe that the Deonna could have gotten this type of reaction - particularly if she had only used her hands or a soft cloth on her skin previously. I did NOT use the skin products because the ingredients are WAY too harsh for MY skin to use before and after exfoliation. They are going on the trash or I will donate them.

I have not decided if I am going to keep the product or not. I will have to wait and see if I see any true impact. I plan to try it on my son though because he has some acne scars. I will be SURE to stick with the fine tip on a 1 setting for him though.

Deonna, I am so sorry this happened to you. How is your skin doing now? You posted this some time ago.
 22nd of Jun, 2011 by   deonna 0 Votes
Thank you for your comment. I am doing well though I do still have some scarring but not as bad as it had been so it has gotten somewhat better. For a while it was just awful. Make up covers the scars that are still left I am using a cream the dermatologist has prescribed which lightens the scarring.
I am glad that you have decided not to use the creams with the device. I firmly believe that the creams that came with the device made matters far worse for me. My skin literally felt like it was on fire upon using the cream after the machine use.
And you are correct in your statement of my not using any harsh products on my skin, just facial cloths and my hands. I did use the fine tip, but between the device and the creams... my outcome was not a good one. I do hope that you have much better luck than I did. Just always check your skin for any sensitivity after any use.
I have stayed away from any products like this. I will only go to a professional from now on. I learned a hard lesson and I am bouncing back. I thank you so much for asking. Good luck and I wish you all the best with the product.
 22nd of Jun, 2011 by   PA Mom 0 Votes
I'm glad you are doing better. Blessings
 1st of Jul, 2011 by   Kathy A. 0 Votes
I was considering purchasing this product but I have learned the hard way to always check online for good or bad comments before buying anything online, especially if the company involved is only spouting the pros. I tend to have issues with some face creams myself and I can see how they could have contributed to your experience. You may have even been allergic to them. And I understand your desire to have the company state that it doesn't work for everyone. Although, I think most people these days realize that NO product works for everyone that try's it whether they tell you that or not. I'm thrilled for the people that it works for but I don't think I'm going to try it myself. Sometimes I think we all need to accept the signs of aging and be grateful to be alive long enough to see them... naaaa maybe not. lol Anyway, I'm so glad you are doing better now. Take care and thanks for the heads up!
 1st of Jul, 2011 by   deonna 0 Votes
Thank you too. I learned a hard lesson and glad it is behind me. I will stay far away from anything else like this or even close... like you, those that have had good results, I am glad but not for me... lesson learned.

Thanks for the kind words!
 4th of Jul, 2011 by   mrsjacks 0 Votes
I was going to try this product, but not before checking to see if there were any complaints concerning this product. I am glad I checked. I have very sensitive skin and after seeing those pictures I will not be purchasing this product.
Thank you for the review.
 5th of Jul, 2011 by   deonna 0 Votes
You are welcome and I am glad that you have done some research before trying. I have since found that dermatologist are reasonable for this procedure... there are some who over charge but I have been treated for the damage caused by this by a very reasonable dermatologist. Haven't had it done as I am a bit gun shy and want to completely heal (just some scarring left which I am using a prescribed lightener.

I am glad that you did some checking and made your own decision, I would never want this to happen to anyone else.

Deonna
 5th of Jul, 2011 by   LilaRae 0 Votes
I have medical issues which has resulted in skin scarring, acne and premature wrinkling. I saw this on tv while not being able to sleep and thought it looked like a potential option. I am very sensitive (skin) and can't use many products with chemicals, phalates, parabens, ethyl-anything, etc. This seemed like a viable option without using the dangerous creams they give you with it. I am glad I found your site-but not glad for you! I can't imagine what you have had to go through. You are a kind, brave soul. Thank you so much for sharing and being so caring and kind. I have been ripped off by a few "late night" infomercial ordering stints before, but thought this one looked like a viable option. I mean, some of my fav soap starts endorse it...LOL how silly does that sound!! I am so sorry for what happened to you, and thank you for sharing! Very brave. God bless!! -Rae

Website Hijacking. Know who are dealing with!

Latest Groups