logo

Posted:    lighthouse

Bad Medicine

North American Spine
Ohio
A lot of talk about Laser Spine Surgery and as a individual who needs surgery, I have been researching the various minimal invasive options to pursue.

One surgery center which I have ruled out is North American Spine (Dayton Laser Spine or Riverview Health). Take a look at this web site:

Any surgery center where they have no malpractice and are found to be liable for outcomes such as this is NOT FOR ME. I advise to say away from North American Spine!!!
Comments United States Medical Negligence and Deficiency
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of May, 2010 by   AA3311 0 Votes
I know a recent patient who asked to see the proof of coverage and got it. Unfortunately,
there are people who like to target doctors for lawsuits.
 14th of May, 2010 by   Don Adamy 0 Votes
Saw the Fox news also and when I checked around I found some VERY DISTURBING NEWS about the head doctor and founder of this place.

Take a look

This is a bad place. Would you have surgery here???? NOT ME!!!
 28th of Jun, 2010 by   racerdave +1 Votes
I had surgery in February in Dallas and got no improvement. It is hard to get the doctor to return your phone call. When I finally spoke to him he said that the areas they had worked on were developing scar tissue and that tissue was now putting pressure on my nerves. I ended up in the same shape as I started. He said I would not a candidate for another proceedure. Be very careful. . . . It would have been nice if they had told me this could be a problem before they took my money.
 5th of Jul, 2010 by   lighthouse 0 Votes
Take a look at this news article from yesterdays paper. These are BAD DOCTORS and should not be allowed to practice!!!

13th of Sep, 2010 by   NASVICTIM +1 Votes
I had two surgeries in Dayton OH.. and have gotten worse both times. And people who claim that others are just sue happy must have no experience with suffering with a debilitating injury and finding this guy who claims to be able to give you a miracle only to make you worse. My life is over!!! I could walk before my surgeries and now I am in constant pain and in a wheelchair. This doctor and his miracle surgery has ruined my life. After going through all of this I have found out that he had his medical license taken away before and that he has in fact hurt many other people. He is now treating the people he injured like credit card debt.. He is filing chapter 7 bankruptcy on many of the people who have filed suit. There is no justice...

Please BEWARE OF THIS DOCTOR and NOTH AMERICAN SPINE...
 25th of Sep, 2010 by   MR . E +1 Votes
I HAVE WITH CAUTION READ THE VARIOUS COMPLAINTS REPORTED . I THINK THAT SOME MATERIAL EXPOSED IS NOT DELT WITH PROPERLY . THERE IS INCOMPLETE EVIDENCE AND IT LOOKS MORE LIKE A
REPEATED TALE WHERE DETAILS HAVE BEEN FORGOTTEN OR CHANGED .
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BLAME ALL FOR ONES MISTAKES .
THE PROCEDURE IS GOOD SO IS THE EQUIPMENT AND FACILITY ...
SOME DOCTORS ARE EXCELLENT SOME ARE GOOD AND SOME NEED TO STRAIGHTEN THEIR ATTITUDES .

SO FAR NOTHING IS NEW . I THINK THE SYSTEM ENFORCING THOSE RULES GOVERNING WHO IS TO STAY
AND WHO IS TO GO ... "THE SYSTEM " IS TO BE BLAMED FOR .

THE PROCEDURE IS GOOD AND ALSO CAN BE MADE BETTER IF NEEDED .

I UNDERWENT THE PROCEDURE A FEW DAYS AGO .

I AM ALIVE . I CAN WALK . I CAN SENSE . I AM FULLY AWARE OF MY SURROUNDINGS .

YOU CAN SPECIFICALLY SEND QUESTIONS TO MAIL . IF TIME PERMITS ME I WILL ANSWER
IF NOT I MIGHT ORGANIZE A BLOG ANSWERING ALL IN A FEW SENTENCES .

TARGETDESIRE@GMAIL.COM

HAVE A NICE DAY
 28th of Sep, 2010 by   BL Brown 0 Votes
It is a shame that people looking for answers can be misled by such misinformation by anonymous people online. The same person posting the same complaint over and over. I spoke with one of their Doctors from Dallas on the phone last week and he could not have been kinder or more knowledgible. There are no lawsuits against their Dallas drs and they do have malpractice insurance. Also heard from a bunch of people through them and on Facebook who are thrilled. Makes you wonder what else people on the internet and in the newspapers are lying about.
 1st of Oct, 2010 by   racerdave 0 Votes
When you are hurting, we all hope there will be some magic bullet that will get us back to normal. We all understand that. I had the surgery and got absolutely no help from it. There are no guarantees with medicine or the weather. I should have picked up on one very important detail however. NAS wanted the report of my latest MRI, but never asked for or looked at the pictures! Their attitude our process will fix whatever we find when we get inside. That was dumb on my part, but I was hoping for relief. Unfortunately, hope is not a strategy. Sadly, it seems to come down to a roll of the dice. Good luck!
 29th of Nov, 2010 by   jeff bowman 0 Votes
I am too looking at surgery cervical and low back have had 4 failed back surgeruies last one axia-lif march 09 did not work and blue cross will not pay for prestiege disk replacement so was considering north american spine but after reading the negative reviews will stay away.They want around 12, 000. out of pocket to do both procedures.
 30th of Nov, 2010 by   EDERST 0 Votes
JEFF, I CAN'T SAY WHERE THE BAD MEDICINE COMES INTO OR WHERE THE ACCURASCOPE CAN REPLACE THE DISC REPLACEMENT . CAN YOU BE SPECIFIC AS IN WHY THE CLIENTS OF MEDICAL SERVICES GET THE WRONG IDEA ABOUT THE REAL VALUE OF A TREATMENT / PROCEDURE ???
TARGETDESIRE@GMAIL.COM
 21st of Dec, 2010 by   Crippled By North American Spine +1 Votes
I had the procedure done in Dallas by Dr Kenneth Reed. I am much worse off than I was before the surgery as I can barely walk now and I was an athlete before. Do not let these guys touch you. They constantly lie and I don't think they know what their doing. The reason you don't see law suits is because they set up their offices in States that have limits on malpractice awards. Dallas has a $250, 000 limit and most lawyers aren't interested in a small case like that. They are very nice before the surgery but after they cripple you they won't even come to the phone anymore. As for the a hole defending these guys, Dr reed admitted that they hire people to go on site like this and face book etc to make NAS look better. Trust me avoid these guys like the plague.

A patient who is now crippled for life thanks to Dr Kenneth Redd and North American Spine.
 16th of Jan, 2011 by   OkieAnnie +1 Votes
I also had the procedure done in Dallas by Dr Kenneth Reed. I can't say that my back is much worse off than before surgery, but I do now have foot drop in my left leg bad enough that I need to wear braces from my thigh down to my shoes and use forearm canes in order to walk. I knew going in that my chances of . . . as Dr Reed put it. . . . ."ending up in a wheelchair" were not out of the realm of possibilities. However, when your backpain is severe; when you don't feel you can live another day with the pain; when you are basically chained to your home because of constant pain, you will do ANYTHING. I no longer have backpain unless I physically do something really stupid to bring it on, and even then, it is short-lived.
So, for the relief from pain I say, Thank You Dr. Reed. For the inability to walk I say shame on me for not listening to the Dr. in the first place and for not thinking about how miserable I might be if I was no longer able to easily get around on my own.
 2nd of Apr, 2011 by   MR . E +1 Votes
I WILL OPEN MY OT THE CONSUMERS WHAT QUESTIONS TO ANSWER IN ORDERWN BLOG ABOUT THIS SUBJECT AND WILL DIRECT THE PATIENTS WHAT QUESTIONS TO ANSWER IN ORDER TO BUILD A POINT OF AGREEMENT ON WHAT THE PROBLEMS OF THIS TREATMENT ACTUALY ARE . I AM NOT INTRESTED IN THE LAW SUIT AS SUCH OR HOW MUCH MONEY EACH DOCTOR SEEMS TO HAVE MADE BY SALE OF THIS PROCEDURE ...

ERST FROM TARGETDESIRE@GMAIL.COM
 2nd of Apr, 2011 by   MR . E 0 Votes
I WILL OPEN MY OWN BLOG ON THE SUBJECT .
this is what the above first line should sound like . CORRECTION of preceeding post .
 2nd of Apr, 2011 by   Crippled By North American Spine +1 Votes
To the a-hole who types in all capital letters. You state the equipment is good. NAS currently has a Federal law suit against them because the equipment they use is not approved for what they are using if for. You obviously work for NAS and will say anything to help save them potential victims and make even more than the 11 million a year they are making using this flawed procedure. I personally know of 20 malpractice suits against these blood suckers. Don't even consider letting them touch you. You will be sorry if you do. Do not believe any thing they say. These guys should be in prison.
 4th of Apr, 2011 by   Crippled By North American Spine +1 Votes
They have no lawsuits in Dallas, really. That is another lie by NAS. I myself have one and I personally know others. These scum bags will say anything to get your money and then cripple you. Ask a real certified spinal surgeon (none of the Doctors at NAS are certified spinal surgeons) what he thinks about North American Spines procedure and he will tell you these guys are QUACKS. Do not believe the people on here defending them, they work for NAS.
 13th of Jun, 2011 by   J. Catapano +1 Votes
I had 5 facet rhizonomy's and 3 dnd procedures there on my cervical spine on May 12 & May 13th of 2011 this year!! So far my pain feels alot different, & I think I am healing well! It takes 3 months too know if surgery worked, but I do feel at least 50% better already. I was told by my doctor Robert Bulger I might get only 25 to 30 percent releif due to my serious condition. But I already feel more than 50% better already & it is not from the vicoden or valium I was prescribed after surgery!! All you guys complaining about the surgery, shame on you for being told ahead of time that everyone might get 0% relief from the surgery!!
Thank You NAS for helping me!!
 1st of Jul, 2011 by   NAS Dallas Inquiry 0 Votes
Anyone who had a problem with North American Spine in Dallas, please update a post or give a new post. I am researching to find the best "fit" for me, and am so far content with the response I am getting from the Dallas NAS location. I have 3 bulging discs and severe arthritis. They reviewed my MRI report and are now asking for the CD so their doctors can review the pictures themselves (this was mentioned as a problem in an earlier post). I also had a doctor phone me (when I asked for one) who was the CEO of the company. He explained things completely and was very honest about the risks of the Accurascope procedure, etc. So if you have had this procedure over 6 months ago, please let me know an update to help all of us make a better informed decision. Thank you for your time.
 25th of Aug, 2011 by   Crippled By North American Spine +1 Votes
Don't do it, they will cripple you and then they won't even come to the phone anymore once they have your money. Copy and paste this link into your browser. You won't believe what you read in the articles from the Dayton Newspaper.

30th of Aug, 2011 by   NASWARNING +1 Votes