logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Merrywood Loans.co.uk
unauthorised use of card details
2. (7 mins ago)
shoe palace
store policy/lack of customer service
4. (9 mins ago)
unfair practices

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

North American Fishing Club, Minnetonka, Minnesota Complaints & Reviews - Scam and rip off!

North American Fishing Club Contacts & Informations

P.O. box 3516
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Phone: 1-800-843-6232
www.fishingclub.com
I sent double payments for membership dues. It took 2 years to get 1 gift, still haven't received 2nd gift. They will not reply to letters. trying to cancel and get refunded.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of May, 2008 by   Mrs. Paula Fanning 0 Votes
Why is this company allowed to be in business? Someone needs to get a good lawyer and sue this company to return all of the stolen money.
 14th of Jul, 2008 by   Nena 0 Votes
I am so glad I looked this up! I just received the glowing letter and "nomination" from the NAFC...being an avid fisherWOMAN, I read the whole thing with interest. But after the first page I started to smell a rat, and apparently I was correct. This is just another scam to try and get people to throw away their hard-earned money! I have done product testing for other companies (NOT fishing related) and this just is not how it works!

So, I'll continue to fish happily without the benefit of this "prestigious" nomination...thank you very much!
 4th of Aug, 2008 by   DAVID COLE 0 Votes
I AM A LIFE MEMBER AND THEY HAVE SENT ME EVERYTHING THEY SAID THEY WOULD. BUT ONLY IF YOU PAY THE FULL AMOUNT
 10th of Aug, 2008 by   Chris McC 0 Votes
yeah, i agree with yall, but im wonderin how long the payments will last, and how much do you end up spendin totall. i just got in this folder with stuff in it along with another payment due... if i dont pay it can i get in any kinda trouble?
 20th of Aug, 2008 by   Art Tecsi 0 Votes
After reading through the presentation I began to wonder if this might be a scam . The only real attraction would be to get free stuff for field testing, and then maybe the benefit of a magazine . They say that " nearly 365, 000 members" tested products on a "first come, first served basis" . What exactly does that mean . It was also reported in another forum that you won't get anything until you buy the lifetime membership . The whole presentation is just loaded with "Too good to be truisms " . After reading all the comments in many forums I have decided to deposit this one in the "round " file .
Thanks folks .
 28th of Aug, 2008 by   Joe +1 Votes
This "club" is more trouble than it's worth. I got a lot of membership offers from them over a couple month period, then I got an invoice for a 3 year membership claiming I ordered it!! I called them and compalined and they apologized. I agreed to a 1 year offer to try it out, and that was my second mistake! Magazine was ok, nothing special. I decided to quit the "club". Called them and was told there was no problem, and I would be dropped from the list and a refund issued. A month later I got a packet with my "Life Membership patch and free coin!? Amazing!! I ignored the offer and kept the packet...lol It's been 5 months since my first call and I just called again today. I was told that I had been taken offthe member list, but had I received my $12 voucher?! I said no, and told them I expected my credit card to be credited. They said they couldn't do it that way, and I would be receiving a check from them in 4 WEEKS!! I'm pretty sure if I hadn't called again I would never got got a cent. Still not sure I will! Stay away from them!!!
 30th of Dec, 2008 by   davesett2000 +1 Votes
I became a Life Member in 2000. It cost me about $250. I figured it like this...if I was to pay $12 a year for Regular Membership, after 20 years I would have spent the same amount of money. As a Life Member I recieved a Daiwa spinning rod and reel with my name on the barrel of the rod, a Life Member belt buckle, a tackle bag and a few other small items. For me it was worth it. As a regular contributer on their Forums, I have met (face-to-face) close to 200 other Members at what are called "Member Meets", and though they aren't sponsered by the Club itself, we do invite ALL members to join in the get-togethers. If anyone would like more info please contact me via email.
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   barryw 0 Votes
I received the "nomination" packet. The 1st thing that sounded off was the"accomplished fisherman" spiel. I`m not an accomplished angler, having just stsrted fishing again in`07 after a 21yr. hiatus. However, I filled out the form, attached the preferred sticker & returned it to them in the s.a.s. envelope.That was a week ago, decided to look`em up on the "net". Imagin my concern when I read the complaint/scam link.Now I`m a bit worried, but I hope as long as I don`t sign anything else until the verdict comes in, that it won`t go any farther than the $12/yr. payment I sent.Only intended to pay for one year, i hope I didn`t miss some "fine print" B.S. that`s gonna bind me to continuing payment. Also I have some concerns about the info I supplied with my payment choice.If anyone has some information about these guys, please Email me :barrywasden@bellsouth.net
 10th of Feb, 2009 by   Philip Bonner +1 Votes
Abou 1 month ago(early January 2009) I received the life membership "chance of a lifetime" lifetime offer. This was a 3 page explanation about all the fishing bells and whistles I would receive just for being nominated by my" fellow" fisherman..On the backside of the final page the organization further glorified itself by explaining how they would even reach out a helping hand by making my payments of 37.50 available in three monthly installments...$112.50 mentioned on the last page..The smell of a rat was in the air and the offer went into the garbage...About three weeks later, I got a phone call from them asking me to become a life member, , I said no thank you and they asked why not..told them that it was too expensive .. I should have informed the caller that I am on the New York State NO Call list and that leagally limits phone call solication to cherities only, , , and that the New York State Attorney General has stated that he wants to know of any violations...I am deffinately thinking about doing this especially after next receiving a package with a letter attached to it..The letter explained that the contents were two free gifts, , a bobber and some fishing line and a fishing "book"..The gifts were free( Oh, how wonderful) and I had two weeks to review the book and either keep it and receive more $12.00 monthly...Hmmmmmmm, , , Another $112.50 for the same year, , and probably beyond if I was a good enough sucker...Rat stench is getting stronger.. I didn't even open the package and shipped it back to the sender the next day. So today, I received a "FINAL NOTIFICATION NOTICE" further describing the value of a lifetime membership with a check for $24.00 that was with small print saying that cashing of the check would result in a partial payment to becoming a lifetime member...Rat stench is overwhelming now... I don't know, , , Does NAFA stand for " Neverending Assult on Fellow Anglers???
 4th of Mar, 2009 by   Francis Moody +1 Votes
I agree with all the complaints, because I too was lulled into the false assurance that by joining this club I would get all this free tackle and free magazines. I Retired from the Army and came back home and I love to fish, so I thought that this was a great deal. WRONG, I sent them a two year membership fee and have been continuously hounded to become a life member. Heck, I can't even log on to the sight as a member with the Official Member card they sent me, it just keeps coming up as "member not found". I think it is really sad that these people would prey on America's favorite past time and the people who really enjoy doing it.

Frank Moody
 9th of Mar, 2009 by   gerald bradbury 0 Votes
well i am really glad i found this website when i did because i was just lookin up the nafc.. site because i was gonna join the club it sounded pretty cool but i know now thank alot yall u prob saved me a bunch of money.
 3rd of Apr, 2009 by   j_rebel 0 Votes
I did the two year membership, and I got everything they promised me. I was even sent a 6'6" shimono grafite rod to test. I tested it and returned the questionaire. This was aboout 9 months ago and I have yet to see a bill for the rod, so I assume it is free. I have since became a life member, the cost is about 250.00. I have recieved every thing they promised, I have no problem using thier web site. I have no complaints about them, I see no scam. I would recomend this club to anyone who loves fishing. Like any company you are not going to please everyone. some people think comcast is the best and have never had a problem and others hate comcast and had nothing but problems.
 3rd of Apr, 2009 by   TexNewMex +1 Votes
Of course this is a scam, just like the handyman's club (HUGE ripoff), The National Street Machine Club (Flimflam) and other rackets. I have a rule of thumb: If I didn't send to the organization asking for info, and they just send me something in the mail, it is a scam. This also goes for that publishers clearing house and that outfit that Ed McMahon shills for. As for those who have sent in dues money to this dubious outfit, don't give them another penny. When you get other come-ons and gimmicks in the mail, do what I do--take them straight to the shredder.
 21st of Apr, 2009 by   fishdude 0 Votes
I don't believe any of the complaints here I have been a member of NAFC two different times. I have always recieved everything they promised. I have recieved multiple items to test. You have to sign up to be a tester for them they don't just sent you stuff. You have to let them know the type of fishing you do so they can send you items you can use. What good would it do to send someone something for a boat if they don't own one for instance. The first time I joined I quit fishing and didn't send in my dues and only recieved 2 reminders and never heard rom them again until I signed up on the internet. I recommend this club to everyone and am planning on becoming a life member when my dues come up again. If anyone smells a rat I suggest you check your traps!
 25th of Apr, 2009 by   Randay K. 0 Votes
I read what the guy said about the club, but have never had a problem with them. I have been a member since 2004 and just recently, received a product to test that was worth $130.00, which I get to keep. I would recommend joining if you like to fish. They have always done what they said they would. They even continued my account with out a break while I was in Iraq and could not get a hold of them for over a month with out an additional charge or cancellation.
 7th of May, 2009 by   fisher_man -1 Votes
i am a member according to my card, although i was told i was going to recieve fishing equipment to test after i made multiple $12-17 payments . my fiance grew suspicious of reaccuring bills and wont let me pay any more!
 3rd of Aug, 2009 by   JK08032009 +1 Votes
Garbage. There are many other legit organizations out there for avid outdoors-men and women. You join for $12 fee and yes, you do get a few small token gifts. They start sending you books and if you keep them, you must pay. So what a pain to repackage and ship it back. After they asked for their $250 lifetime membership fee, I cancelled my membership. I don't have time to deal with a scam like this.
 23rd of Aug, 2009 by   texasbassman 0 Votes
I have been a member of this club twice over the years and I have no complaints. The magazine itself is worth the dues price in my opinion. I have been sent 1 or 2 items over the years to test. When I cancelled, I was not harrased in any way. I have recently rejoined.
 7th of Sep, 2009 by   JCB1 0 Votes
They make big promises about free products to test, but if your lucky you'll get a spool of fishing line. They just want to sell you books and products. I joined as a "lifetime member", and have never received a decent product to test. But they do keep sending me products to buy, that I have to return.
 6th of Dec, 2009 by   mcar 0 Votes
i have joined this club and in all honesty i have no complaints i have gotten numerous products to test they have sent me also free gifts, to date i have gotten free 2 rolls of trilene line packs of hooks, a belt buckle a knife a fishing directorory a pocket knife i recieved a fileting knife to test and a lure wallet carrying bag i have also recievd a rod carrying case multiple badges .. i pay for the membership and i buy the books they send, ive had no hard sales attempts, in addition i have received fishing magazines ( the north american fisherman).. i enjoy this club and honestly those who complain about this have nothing else better to do, im a a good standing member of this club and will continue to be, if you dont like this club i encourage you to go fourth and try something else some where else.

How to Get Back Overdraft Fees From Your Bank