logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (1 mins ago)
Zoosk
the say free. and you cant reieve orsend emails
2. (2 mins ago)

Posted:    al mahadi mohammed

Fake lottery

NOKIA UK MOBILE PROMO
Oman
i have recived massage on my mobile phone
CONGRATULATION
your mobile number has won 500000 pounds in the ongoing NOKIA UK MOBILE PROMO for claims call +44-7031918554
E-mail 08nokiauk[at]uk2.net

pleace send me more details

Comments Oman Lottery Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Feb, 2008 by   zainal +3 Votes
i received the message on 23 feb 08. It reads:
CONGRATULATION! Your mobile number has won (GDP)170,000 pounds in the ongoing NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. For claim Email: nokiauk(at)europe.com & call +44-704-574-7575.
i did call the no., somebody was answering and requesting me to email my personal particulars ie name, phone no. and place where i made the call.
could anyone from nokia uk answer this? was it a fake?
 26th of Feb, 2008 by   Aronne Farrugia 0 Votes
I also received an sms on my mobile congratulating me because my mobile number has won *250,000.00 in the ongoing Nokia Mobile Promo asking me to call +34-634-093-136 & E-mail: nokia7784yahoo.com. When I phoned nobody answered and when I sent the e-mail I was told that e-mail address nokia7784 does not exist.

I would be obliged if your company can confirm if this is true or false. Either way I would like to be told what steps I can take.

I am from Malta.

Thanking you

Aronne Farrugia
 29th of Feb, 2008 by   Ahmad mohamad hamzah -2 Votes
I also received an sms on my mobile congratulating me because my mobile number has won *215,000.00 pounds in the ongoing Nokia Mobile Promo asking me to call +44-704-574-0496& E-mail: nokia.uk(at)uk2.

I am from Qatar/Labanon.

Chalapathi
Qatar
 4th of Mar, 2008 by   hafeez 0 Votes
I received A message and a call from nigeria on 23 feb 08. It reads:
CONGRATULATION! Your mobile number has won (GDP)147,000 pounds in the ongoing NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. after reading so many complains from different people from different part of world am sure that its a fraud call. I WOULD like to request NOKIA MOBILE PROMO do something about it because they have sent us thier email address and contact numbers which could be helpful in catching such fraud peoples.

HAFEEZ
DUBAI, U A E
 4th of Mar, 2008 by   M Hatim +2 Votes
I also got a similar message and i am sure it is 100% fake. Don't indulge in these transaction it is sure waste of time. Not sure who sold my mobile number to these people.

M. Hatim,
Dubai.
 12th of Mar, 2008 by   VIJAY 0 Votes
I received above message stating that my mobile number is lucky winner in NOKIA UK PROMO. I am not sure if this is a fake or real message.

Kindly help us from getting in to trouble with such messages.
 12th of Mar, 2008 by   Joel Aranha +1 Votes
I recieved a sms on my cell mentioning that you've won a sum of a certain amount. What is do now? Is it a true fact???
 13th of Mar, 2008 by   Dubai Resident +1 Votes
SMS RECEIVED FROM NOKIA UK, CONGRATULATING ON WINNING GBP 147. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT SINCE I DID NOT ENTER INTO ANY KIND OF RAFFLE DRAW OR PROMOTION BY NOKIA. I'VE NEVER BEEN TO UK SO I WAS SURE IT WAS A SCAM. IF YOU HAVE NOT ENTERED INTO ANY DRAW HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO WIN?. THINK TWICE. ITS CLEARLY A FAKE ONE AND GET USED TO IT. I RECEIVE A LOT OF EMAILS SAYING I WON THIS AND THAT.. ITS ALL JUNK MAIL AND WASTE OF TIME. I AM SURPRISED HOW MY NUMBER REACHED THESE A**HOLES. ANYWAY
JUST DELETE IT AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIVES. WORK HARD AND LIVE HAPPY.!! I REQUEST ETISALAT AND NOKIA TO TAKE ACTION ON IT.
 15th of Mar, 2008 by   s suleman 0 Votes
I also recieved the same msg. on my mobile saying that I won uk. pounds 220,000.00
I wish if this is true, but unfortunately it does'nt seems to be. lets keep our fingures cross for good luck , n one day the lady luck will shine on us.
 17th of Mar, 2008 by   Abdsullaziz Al-Sidairi 0 Votes
I am from Oman! I also recieved the same msg. on my own mobile saying I won 500.000 pounds ongoing nokia uk mobile PORMO. Would anyone told me if thats true or false..
 17th of Mar, 2008 by   Abdsullaziz Al-Sidairi 0 Votes
 21st of Mar, 2008 by   Hussain Mohd Jakir -1 Votes
I have recieved a message on 21st march saying
"congratulation your cell number has won you 182, 000 GBP in NOKIA UK PROMOTION. To claimplease call +447035900591 and email:nokia.contact@yahoo.co.uk"
Message centre was +919814047505

I even called in that UK number, they answered saying to mail them my details and they'll respond back.

So may I know is it true or not?

Please reply as soon as possible.
 21st of Mar, 2008 by   muhsan hadi +1 Votes
we recive amessage on 18-03-2008 means i win 300 000 pound please confirm and tell me what is the next step
 21st of Mar, 2008 by   muhsan hadi +1 Votes
i recive amessage on 18-03-2008 i wine 300 000 pound please confirm and tell me the next step
 21st of Mar, 2008 by   muhsan hadi +1 Votes
I recive message on 18 - 03-2008 by I wine 300, 000 pound plwase confirme and tell me the next stop to claine the money.
 21st of Mar, 2008 by   Shaden Khaled +2 Votes
I also recieved a message on 22 -03-2008 concern this issue

I called the claim no. and they asked for my name, phone no...

can anybody tell if its true??!!
 24th of Mar, 2008 by   Salman Fahad -1 Votes
I got the same msg

It is definetly a joke, but you all should be happy that we are lucky that we recieved this msg, we can consider ourself as lucky people, just keep smiling.
 24th of Mar, 2008 by   Barbara Tallon Reilly 0 Votes
I received a notification that I have won I am from the United States...Is this a scam or real?

Fraud Alert Involving Car Recalls And Warranties