logo

Non Pay-Outs

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

NH KRYSTAL CANCUN Complaints & Reviews - Cheated by Cancun Krystal Hotel (Mexico)

NH KRYSTAL CANCUN Contacts & Informations

NH KRYSTAL CANCUN

Posted:    yb_zhou

Cheated by Cancun Krystal Hotel (Mexico)

Krystal International Vacation Club
Mexico
I took a vocation in Cancun, Mexico last Nov. I was offered a free investment presentation with free breakfast at a tourist desk on the street. After arriving the Hotel Krystal Cancun, I was show a studio by a sales man. He explained to me that I could buy 13 power week s with another 25 bonus weeks with total of US$9288. He did not mention any future maintenance fees as well as the differences between the 13 power weeks and 25 bonus weeks. Eventually, on the contract, I have to pay US $521 of maintenance fee each week I use or rent. Also, the 25 bonus weeks are different from power 13 weeks in terms of how I use it or rent it.
When I told the sales man that I need to think about it, the sales man told me that they can provide me two year free RCI (Resort Condominiums International ) membership. I requested that whether I can sign the contract next day after checking it more carefully. The sales man told me that it is against Mexican law themselves as they offer me something that same day and I come back next day to sign the contract. To be such naïve, I believed that.
The sales man explained that this is an extremely good investment if I don’t want to use the weeks I bought myself. I could rent it to friends or sell it through a broker.
I was also impressed that they could apply a Credit Card for me from Bank of America in less than an hour with a credit line of US$ 13, 000. This kind of cooperation between then and Bank of America really blocked my thinking about that this could be a scam. So, I signed the contract with Hotel Krystal Cancun of buying 13 power weeks plus 25 bonus weeks. This was done by applying a credit card by the sales man from Bank of America. It was also supported by RCI.
When I rechecked the contract after coming back, it seems there are many discrepancies between what I was promised during the introduction and the final content on the contract. Here are the summaries about their tricks to mislead you.
1. Their staff misled me that I bought 38 same weeks which are different in many ways.
a. Their staff simply explained to me that if I bought 13 weeks, they will provide me another 25 bonus weeks after paying $9288 USD. Their staff did not explain the difference between the so call Power 13 weeks and 25 K-plus bonus weeks during the introduction.
b. By this way, their staff misled me to believe that I bought total 38 same weeks with paying $9288 USD. Now, I have bought 13 power weeks and 25 bonus weeks which are different in many ways in terms how I use or rent it (see later sections).

2. Their staff misled me that I do not need to pay any extra money in future which I have to pay $521 USD each week I use or rent in future for the 13 power weeks and corresponding fees for the 25 bonus weeks each week I use or rent .

a. Their staff never explained to me, during introduction, that I have to pay $521 of the maintenance fee each week I use or rent in future for the Power 13 weeks.
b. Their staff also did not explain that I have to pay the corresponding fees for the 25 bonus weeks.
c. Their staff misled me to believe that I do not need to pay any other fee in future after paying $9288 USD with signing the contract. Now, I have to pay $521 USD each week I use or rent for the 13 power weeks and I have also to pay the corresponding fees for the 25 bonus weeks each week I will use or rent.

3. Their staff misled me about the maximum weeks I can use or rent each year.
a. Their staff filled a “Property Advertising Form” during introduction, that I can use or rent 30 weeks in the first year. By this way, their staff misled me to believe that I can use maximum 30 weeks each year from the very beginning.
b. Their staff did not ever explain that these 30 weeks are the so call K-bonus weeks and belong to RCI (see section 1 also)
c. Their staff did not explain to me, during the introduction, that I can only use one week every other year for the 13 power weeks.
d. By above ways, their staff misled me to believe that I can use or rent maximum 30 weeks every year until I complete the total 38 years. Now, I can only use or rent one week every other year for the 13 power weeks or every week per year with accelerating.

4. Their staff did not mention that I may lose my weeks if I did not use it that year
a. Their staff did not explain to me that I may lose my weeks for the 13 power weeks if I did not use it.
Comments Mexico Hotels
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Aug, 2009 by   yb_zhou 0 Votes
Basically this contract was built on lies, NH Krystal deliberately and intentionally deceived me. The NH Krystal sales tactics are intentional, unethical, fraudulent, deceitfully and misleading, this type of action is illegal. I am requesting all charges to my Bank of America credit card ($9298) to be refund.
The existence of fraud is prevalent and should be cause for this contract to be voided. Had I saw these complaints after complains after complains on the internet against KIVC prior this I would have walked away, better yet ran away from them when I was first approached by the sales person from Krystal Cancun.
As a customer, I have the right to receive sufficient and truthful information about the products acquired (Articles 32, 33 &34 of the Federal Consumer Protection Law). The consumer will have a right to the replacement, to the advantage, compensation or return of the paid amount, to their election in the following case: If the item does not correspond to the quality, it marks, or substantial specifications and other elements under which it has been offered. (Articles 92 of the Federal Consumer Protection Law).
 21st of Nov, 2009 by   s bill 0 Votes
I feel for you. Yes, everyone should run away from these people. Krystal's promises are a scam, and they are making millions of dollars in the process. We need to stop them. I got help from www.timesharescam.com, so now I am happy to forget this horrible ordeal. You should try using their services. It is legit and they don´t charge any upfront fees.
 22nd of Nov, 2010 by   nh krystal - Cancun 0 Votes
My husband and I went to NH Krystal last spring and was bugged and bugged from the moment we arrived at the hotel. We booked the week long stay through Apple Vacations. We did listen to their sales pitch and kept walking away from their offers. Finally, after they kept reducing the amount, we decided to possibly join. They made it sound like it was the best thing going. We were guaranteed a free week each year and great discounts on tours, cruises, air fare, etc. The list went on and on.
We did sign up and when we returned home a week later we had second thoughts and tried to cancel. Our credit card company tried to void it out, but after they contacted Krystal, they said we had 3 days to cancel. Who will cancel something like that while you are on vacation and having a time fighting with the hotel with other matters. DO NOT STAY AT THE KRYSTAL HOTEL IN CANCUN!!! The air conditioning did not work in our room, the room smelled like sewer, the closet doors were broken, and light bulbs were missing from light fixtures. We were extremely disappointed!!
We just tried to contact Krystal for our daughter and her husband to go to Cancun and they were extremely rude when she asked questions. They hung up on her and when she called back, the manager told her we initialed and we knew what we were getting into. Now she found out the Platnium Rewards are only good for 2 years!!! We will be contacting an attorney to find out what our legal rights are.
Please pass the word on to anyone you know that is traveling to Cancun not to purchase any timeshares of any kind. It is out of the country and it's hard to contact them in Mexico for answers.
I will continue to post issues until we get this resolved.
Upset in Michigan!!
 20th of Aug, 2013 by   Sophie M 0 Votes
I know how you feel, and it seems like this is a common problen in Mexico. I purchased a travel program through Sandos Playacar at Royal Elite Timeshare Resort in Playa del Carmen last March and I requested to cancel within the 5 day grace period but they still have not refunded my down payment of over $9000 US dollars. I have been in touch with people there and they say they are working the process but it takes time. It has now been almost 5 months and I am losing faith they will ever pay me back. This is another forum with more complaints about this company:

I believe we should do something about it, as I understand Mexican regulations forbid the offering of gifts, free vacation certificates or any other promotion strategies without informing the consumer the specific purpose of the offer. I want to complaint with PROFECO about this, and get my money back
 21st of Oct, 2013 by   janellyp84 0 Votes
I feel the same way all of yall are feeling!! so frustrated and not knowing what to do. Has anyone been successful at least cancelling there contracts? if anyone has any info please email-me at pcervantes@sjblawfirm.com would appreciate any info.

How To Use Online Auctions Safely