logo

STEVE ZARELLI
Inacurate Autograph Findings
4. (34 mins ago)
TOPSALE-EXPORT CO LTD
Don’t pay them - they are scammers
5. (36 mins ago)
Shell Vacations Club
Maintenance Fees

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Newsmax.com Complaints & Reviews - More people should file official complaints about Newsmax.com

Newsmax.com Contacts & Informations

Newsmax.com

Posted: 2012-01-02 by    Pilporae

More people should file official complaints about Newsmax.com

Newsmax.com
newsmax.com
I made the mistake of giving credit card information to read Meltdown on Mainstreet. There were some publications I could refuse within 90 days. I did refuse...to no avail. Repeated requests by phone and email have not resulted in me extricating myself from this company. I plan on turning in a grievance complaint through my state's Attorney General's Office. More people should file official complaints about Newsmax.com. They are fraudulent!!!
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Jan, 2012 by   CS1422 0 Votes
As part of the Newsmax customer service team, I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. We take these types of situations seriously. We have long maintained an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. If you would, please call (800) 485-4350 [Monday through Friday 9 am to 10 pm ET]. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to resolve this issue to your satisfaction, and strongly encourage you to contact us at your earliest convenience so we may do so. Thank you.
 7th of Jan, 2012 by   John Lind 0 Votes
Hi, thank you, this is exactly my experience with Newsmax (except for that I did not try to call them since I am based in Europe). In mid-September 2011, I canceled my 3 month trial subscription to one of their newsletters at exactly 3 months using both their Contact form and the email they had indicated for "membership" issues. All my emails resulted in was an automated reply telling me that "if you are contacting us about a charge on your credit or debit card, please don't call your credit card company as we will resolve the issue with you as quickly as possible" and "a customer service representative will contact you shortly". About two weeks later, a letter arrived offering me to "extend your subscription now and receive a free book as a gift".
One day several weeks later, I found my credit card HAD been charged, and on top of it, not with the amount stated in case I DID decide to subscribe for a year after my 3 month trial period had ended (54 USD), but actually with 69 USD. I again contacted them and demanded immediate cancellation of this fraudulent charge since I had cancelled my trial subscription in perfect time. As before, the only response were automated replies promising I would hear from a customer service representative shortly and to not call my credit card company. I finally asked my bank to cancel the charge for me and issue a new credit card which they have done after allowing a period for Newsmax to comment (which also seems to have been ignored by Newsmax). This company acts fraudulently and I suppose they have gotten away with it so far because many people just get tired of spending time writing letters, telephoning etc. and eventually give up, accepting their newsletter subscriptions etc. instead.

America's Top Jobs in 2012