logo

Phony Psychics

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

New england mint Complaints & Reviews - $2 Bill "National Parks Theme"

New england mint Contacts & Informations

New england mint

Posted:    micrbobial

$2 Bill "National Parks Theme"

It is a violation of Federal Law to deface U.S. Currency.

New England Mint has no authority from the Bureau of Engraving and Printing or U.S. Mint to alter any U.S. paper or coin monetary instruments.
They are a FRAUD.
Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Dec, 2010 by   ulia86 0 Votes
yes they r an absolute scam, even though i cancelled my order the next day they went ahead and charged my card $96. and ever since they just hang up on me. make sure u file a complaint with the better business bureau. they have over 170 complaints against their company. Mr. Alan Lipset is the name of the company vice president.
and the actual name of their corporation is Lipenwald. Inc
here is the link to check their profile with the better business bureau:
 16th of Dec, 2010 by   just234534563463 0 Votes
SCAM!!! You order one thing and immediately get sucked into more, even if you are well aware of these types of scams. I ordered the 2 bills as a gift and that was it. They called me a few days later to confirm my order and asked if it was okay to send my order or if I wanted to add anything more to it. I told him I did not want anything more than what I ordered and to go ahead and send it. What he failed to tell me was that this was an entirely new order of $2 bills. I saw the double charge on my credit card and began calling for help. The customer service representative assured me he would remove the extra charge on 3 different occasions, and never did. It came to a point where he would "connect me to a supervisor" but really just hang up on me every single time I called. It then came to the point where they must have been screening my calls because every time I called I got disconnected without even speaking with anyone. I found out the company that manages this fraud is Lipenwald, Inc. I spoke with the operator the first call I made, and she also sent me to customer service, where I was disconnected. This went on for a few hours and I eventually put myself into the company directory. I got ahold of some web designer who would not say anything about anything and directed me towards yet another customer service rep... DISCONNECTED!!! THIS IS COMPLETE BS...I finally got ahold of the same customer service rep at the NE Mint who told me there is another order on the way in the mail to my house and when I get it to return it then I will be refunded... It has been almost 2 months since the order was placed and I have not received this order he speaks of. MAKE SURE IF THIS HAPPENS TO YOU< BRING IT TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU...they have numerous complaints submitted already.
 18th of Dec, 2010 by   Pawtucket +1 Votes
Let me think. They are selling a two dollar bill for $10, plus $5.95 "processing." What could be wrong with that? Why aren't these people in jail?
 28th of Dec, 2010 by   hueydoc 0 Votes
"Brenda"
according to the United States Secret Service and the United States Bureau of Engraving;
"Defacement of currency is a violation of Title 18, Section 333 of the United States Code. Under this provision, currency defacement is generally defined as follows: Whoever mutilates, cuts, disfigures, perforates, unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, Federal Reserve Bank, or Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

Defacement of currency in such a way that it is made unfit for circulation comes under the jurisdiction of the United States Secret Service. The United States Secret Service web address is www.secretservice.gov."
 5th of Jan, 2011 by   smilingtiger +1 Votes
They don't actually deface the bill-what you get is a vinyl overlay which is adhered to the real two dollar bill. It easily peels off and you are left with a crisp two dollar bill in one hand, and a crappy looking overlay in your other hand, and a stupid look on your face.
 11th of Jan, 2011 by   bdw0000 0 Votes
Read this article regarding the New England Mint:

It answers many of the questions.
 2nd of Feb, 2011 by   neilalia +1 Votes
I just wanted to find the number to the New England Mint. What i found instead was a bunch of complaints. I wish I would have known. I still haven't found the number. Why does it take 2-6 weeks to send me some fake money? When i called to order they kept spitting all this crap at me till i finally had to hang up. "But wait, before you hang up..." I didn't even know i had ordered anything till i saw that they had taken money out of my account. I don't even know what I'm getting. I wish i could call them and find out. It better be cool. But apparently they aren't very customer friendly.
 7th of Feb, 2011 by   Kathy and Rich +1 Votes
www.parkbillstv.com is a TOTAL SCAM. They ask for your credit card information right up front. They never confirm the order, they just send you a receipt via email with no information but what you entered for your information and what they are going to charge you ($153.45 for products and $32.75 for shipping). Looked at the www.parkbillstv.com website on 1/7/11 and received an email the same day for charges of $186.20. Called to cancel. Was told to wait for 36 hours for order to process before they could cancel. Checked back DAILY on www.myorderlist.com with nothing showing to allow me to cancel the order. When I called I kept being told it has not processed yet and they could not do anything. I was hoping it got lost in the process somewhere but finally on 2/4/11 (nearly a month later) the order showed on www.myorderlist.com. I called to cancel immediately and was told the order had already shipped! I asked for my money back and to cancel the order. www.myorderlist.com rep said that I would have to tell the mailman I refuse the order? They said they would process my refund (we will see if that happens). I have already called the credit card company and canceled my card. Will have to fill out fraud paperwork to get my money back if refund does not happen on www.parkbillstv.com end which I am suspecting will not happen. What a pain just for looking on a website to see if there was something worth purchasing! Never again!
 9th of Feb, 2011 by   Scott PC +1 Votes
If you use a credit card, just do a chargeback against the merchant. You have the power to get your money back, just document that you tried to contact the merchant and they wouldn't answer or return your calls. It is really that simple, don't get upset or bother with the BBB, they won't and can't help you.
BTW. Paying $16 dollars for a $2 bill that has a color overlay? Man I'm in the wrong business!
 18th of Feb, 2011 by   jde 0 Votes
HI I : I to am getting this garbage sent to me up here in Northern Canada I have returned to sender both Parcels and have reported this Fraud to my Credit Card Company and now I have had to close my card also the Telephone Number they have given is a Tour Bus Company Southern States
I don't know how they Got My Credit Card Number and They also have spelled my name wrong this a complete Fraud and stealing money off our cards and using the Gov mails to ship there illicit whares must come under the Gov Mail Fraud Act
 19th of Feb, 2011 by   doliwo 0 Votes
This company are so dishonest, I ordered 2 bills, they said the value was $10.00 plus shipping $5. When I saw my bank statement, they charged me $35.00 for the two bills. The a month later was another charge in my account for $99.50 I called and they said they sent another shipment, which I NEVER ORDERED. I said I didn't want it and they told me to return it. that happend on November 2010. I have been calling and sometimes they simply hung up on me, or they don't answer, finally I was able to talk with somebody and was told that it is "in process" I've called 3 times and every time they say it takes 3 to 5 days to recredit my account. This people should be in jail.
 23rd of Feb, 2011 by   bama_jv 0 Votes
Totally agree with comments above. New England Mint should be sent to Internet Jail and NOT allowed to to continue to rip-off unsuspecting people. I was OK with paying $30 for 3 $2 bills. What I was upset about was a $42.65 shipping charge and the subsequent continued shipment of items that I did not order! I now have 4 credit card charges that I am disputing! Someone needs to stop New England Mint!!
 23rd of Feb, 2011 by   Shannon36535 0 Votes
It says on the commercial on the bottom not affilited with the us mint so whats the problem?
 24th of Feb, 2011 by   Perla85 0 Votes
If i could COPY AND PASTE Pawtuckets comment i would. He/she is absolutely right. Its exactly what happened to me. They are unbelievable. i order the 2 dollar bills with the two folders which was fine. that's why i called them in the first place to place that order but after i was done doing the phone automated order (which you never talk to anyone when you order) they just tell you to wait about 2 weeks to even check the status of your order, it doesn't let you confirm or review anything. it just hangs up on you with no total of what you are purchasing. i kept checking the status and it wouldn't show up and already i was getting a gut feeling that this was a fraud or some twisted unprofessional business. finally i found their number on some random website, called them and they told me that they had received my order that that all three of my orders where being processed..i was like WAIT A MINUTE. I only order two, and he said no you ordered the 2 dollars bills, covers for them. and a whole set of FIVE 2dollar bills. i said no to cancel that FIVE set because i never wanted that. so he said he would. next week i called to check status again and was told the same thing so i told him AGAIN that they need to cancel and AGAIN AND AGAIN... i called probably like five times checking my status and all of them telling me that they were gonna cancel it. after a 30 days i got my 2dollar bills and covers i had ordered and i was pretty happy because i had gotten it the day before Xmas, which was a close one. But just this month i received a package in the mail and opened it and come to find out IT WAS THE FIVE SETS OF THE 2 dollar bills!!! and they had charged my bank card $65. i called them and they said that i never called them to cancel that order. Which made my blood boil! they when i was still half ways saying my words he hangs up on me out of nowhere. then i call again and its the same person and when i try telling him my problem again. he then cuts me off and says hes gonna transfer me to a supervisor then hangs up on me. then i called again, then it rings then hangs up. i called several times and now they dont take my calls. PLEASE PLEASE DON'T ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!
 25th of Feb, 2011 by   faithfullyme 0 Votes
I ordered the 2 doallar bills and was charged 26.90 ok not that bad then They wiped my saving and checking accountsaying i order presidential coins for 235 dollars they gave me the first half of my refund on the 4th of feb and saidid get the rest back after i refused the order and i still dont have it then i was told twice it would be 3-5 days so i JUST got off the phone with them and they say the cant refund the rest until a supervisior does it and everytime i get a supervisiors voicemail with no response I HATE THIS PLACE. they took my account in the hole and i couldnt pay my car insurance whoch lapsed and i had to get new insurance
 6th of Mar, 2011 by   DYSHKOV 0 Votes
OMG ! while reading all your comments i was just on the phone with my bank canceling my check card because surely i am next victim, few days ago i ordered the famous 2 2$ bills and just checked as i always regularly do my bank acc online and right away that 26.90 stand out with their company name next to it, so when i googled it that's how i found this site, and im so sorry for all u guys getting ripped off...hopefully i lost only 27 bucks, but why THE HELL nothing is being done to this company? they scamming like this EVERYONE ACROSS THE USA and no one is going to jail for it !! but i bet if any one of us, small business owners slip up here or there we never would of get a break, so not fair and I DO NOT BELIEVE IN JUSTICE FOR LONG TIME NOW
 19th of Mar, 2011 by   Buck71 0 Votes
Anyone foolish enough to order this stuff or give out there credit/bank card info deserves to be taken. Why anyone would want to buy money for more than face value is just plain nonsense.

Buck
Retired Criminal Investigator
 12th of Apr, 2011 by   Daniel Forbus 0 Votes
As the others on here, we have been mislead by New England Mint, and keep getting the run around, about getting a refund on the unordered bills that we did not order ( and have been sent back), they wasted no time to charge our account for 199.48, we only ordered two sets of the $2.00 bills and got charged this amount, I am going to place a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, and the consumer fraud division in Connecticut, this company must be stopped, or change their trade practices, If you or I did this we would be put under the jail, so start placing complaints with the CFD, and the FTC
 12th of Apr, 2011 by   Daniel Forbus 0 Votes
My wife and I have fallen victim to what we thought was a legitimate ordeal, seeing that the commercial was on National TV, so we ordered 2 sets of the $2.00 bills, we received 5 sets, we notified New England Mint, they assured us that this was a mishap in shipping and to return the un-ordered bills so we could receive a full refund of our un-ordered bills, well it has now been almost a month since it was sent back, and all we get from them is we will straighten this out, we are out 199.48 that they took out of our account.., who knows how long this will go on... SO BE AWARE BEFORE YOU ORDER
I have placed complaints with the Federal Trade Commission, and with the Consumer Fraud Division of Conneticut
 13th of Apr, 2011 by   SenoraSwanky 0 Votes
I feel so bad for all the peoples' posts that I have read on here but something like that would NEVER happen to me. I have a pre-paid credit card that I use to place all of my online/telephone orders. My card gives me the option to create a virtual account. The virtual account gives me complete protection because even tho it is attached to my account, it is temporary and can be cancelled at any time. If I want to order something I have seen on TV, I create a virtual account, make my purchase, wait for the purchase to post (so they will get paid for the one order) and then cancel the virtual account. That way, I don't have to worry about going through horrible experiences like those on here. It happened to me once but it will never happen to me again. There are so many people out here scamming and trying to take people for what they can get, we have to find a way to protect ourselves. Good luck on satisfactorily resolving your issues with this company. I wish you all the best. And I agree, something should be done about this company and others like it. It is so wrong that people can be continually billed and have their money STOLEN without any repercussion. I know it doesn't help but (((((((((((BIG HUG)))))))))))))). I hope all of you get the results you are trying for. Good luck everyone.
SenoraSwanky