logo

Movielush
Hacked my bank account!
4. (19 mins ago)
tn lottery
cheating player out of thier money
5. (29 mins ago)

Posted: 2013-01-27 by    galvgal

false promises

netspend
Texas
can someone help. I have fallen for these advertisements saying I have won $5000 on a netspend prepaid visa card and have had many sent just to activate the card and get nothing. and thats not the only lie they sent me my card when I opened a new account with netspend and along with the card a letter saying I was approved for a $500 line of credit if I activated my card on netspend web site along with this approval code. im really upset I feel like netspend will do or say whatever it takes to get people to sign with them. they have messed with me too much and I dont know if I have a lawsuit. when I called netspend on ths matter they wouldnt let me talk to anyone incharge the girl acted as if she put her supervisor on acan someone help. I have fallen for these advertisements saying I have won $5000 on a netspend prepaid visa card and have had many sent just to activate the card and get nothing. and thats not the only lie they sent me my card when I opened a new account with netspend and along with the card a letter saying I was approved for a $500 line of credit if I activated my card on netspend web site along with this approval code. im really upset I feel like netspend will do or say whatever it takes to get people to sign with them. they have messed with me too much and I dont know if I have a lawsuit. when I called netspend on ths matter they wouldnt let me talk to anyone incharge the girl acted as if she put her supervisor on and it was sgill her and when Isaid I wanted someone now she had me on hold for an hour until I had to hang up. if this isnt mental anguish I dont know what isnt? can someone let me know someth in g?nd it was sgill her and when Isaid I wanted someone now she had me on hold for an hour until I had to hang up. if this isnt mental anguish I dont know what isnt? can someone let me know someth in g?
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Jan, 2013 by   TravV 0 Votes
We apologize for the problems you have experienced. Unfortunately, we do not have any promotions that offer this amount of money for opening account, or any type of credit line. It is possible that this may have been some form of scam, but we would like to research this for you. Please send your information to feedback@netspend.com and we will address this.

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope the problems you have experienced will not bear any reflection on our company and the services we provide.

NetSpend
 14th of Feb, 2013 by   consumeropinion5555 0 Votes
To anyone that took the time to read this complaint, and then was surprisingly intrigued by the content which led to possibly needing clarification on the issue(s) concerned, please continue reading. There have been large amounts of misinformed people spreading bogus information about Netspend. I am not an employee of Netspend, and I am not getting paid by/for them in any way what-so-ever! I'm simply a long time customer of Netspend and would hate to see the company change their policies in a way that hurts their loyal base due to the people that are circulating the same lies over and over. The incorrect information can get cleared up & the issues can be settled once and for all. That is...as long as people listen (read) without bias and/or pre-conceived notions; as well as, "hear" all that is being said. ;)

I've been with Netspend for years, and have recommended the Netspend card to several family members and friends. In my experience with Netspend, never have I known them to EVER portray themselves as anything other than a PREPAID DEBIT CARD! There is NO credit limit because your available amount to spend is limited to what YOU deposit on your card. I cannot believe some people and the things they complain about! It's ridiculous! Furthermore, there isn’t a COMPANY ANYWHERE that would send someone a letter stating they won $5000 to open an account! I find myself questioning whether or not this person has the mental capacity to successfully handle their own financial matters. To truly believe such an absurd offer, it’s feasible to believe a trusted relative and/or friend should be taking care of their finances.

Rather than admit THEIR lapse in judgment for being naïve about an obvious SCAM, this absurd individual presumed to explore the potential of a lawsuit against Netspend in lieu of filing a report/complaint against the perpetrator that was actually responsible for the fraudulent attempt! It’s truly unfortunate that people such as these are (at least partially) responsible for the less than helpful, rude and/or unsympathetic customer service people regularly encounter. Since I previously worked for a financial conglomerate handling a wide variety of customer service related inquiries; I can attest from experience that working with disrespectful, rude, and uncompromising segments of the population quickly becomes tiresome. Frequent interaction with a belligerent and/or abusive someone may be overlooked to an extent, but a person’s instinctual defense mechanism will supersede etiquette ideology if/when a threat looms.

Encountering a person that doesn’t accept responsibility for any of their actions or behavior is not only annoying, but sadly troubling as well. To this personality type, everything is “some other” party’s problem/mistake. This is why they feel justified in REFUSING to listen and/or hear what another person is attempting to explain! As far as they are concerned, they already have the answers to life’s issues (as they see them) so there isn't ANYTHING anyone else can say/do to persuade consideration of another point of view. Disturbingly, this online selfish/self-absorbed thinking is proving to be quite common since I stumbled upon another (similar in nature) message board. Written in the same context /tone, another disgruntled group was carrying on about how they were going to report/sue Netspend for "sending them a credit card in the mail that they did not apply for!"

Once again, regardless of the people on the message board attempting to EXPLAIN the facts about Netspend promotional prepaid debit cards which arrive in the mail, the second group of message board participants (like those on the first message board) did not understand how a promotional debit card could be rendered USELESS to anyone other than the person it was addressed to. As with the first group, when they didn't "get it, ” they refused any further information, and became unwilling to accept further continuation on the subject. Personally, I cannot comprehend how these feeble minded imbeciles can feverishly get STUCK on the conclusion that a Netspend card is the same thing as a traditional credit card? On top of that, the fact that they believe someone could perpetuate an attack on their identity with it. They literally talk before thinking and before getting the facts. They refused to grasp the concept that even IF there were a thief, he/she would have to load THEIR OWN MONEY on the card to use it.

Furthermore, Netspend does NOT have access to any of their money (bank accounts, credit cards, etc.) unless THEY decide to load their money on the Netspend card! It’s really odd to me that people can have so much to say when they have NO authority on the subject; as well as, remain absent minded to the posted Netspend facts/rules including how a new cardholder has to personally TELL NETSPEND the REMAINDER of their personal information to activate, have, and/or use the card that was received! Without all these steps, a Netspend card is completely useless! If the situation wasn't so sad and pathetic, it would be hilariously funny! These are the same types of characters that will shout to the world how ignorant everyone else is! Hopefully, someday, these people will see enough of these messages for the “factual” “truth” to finally break through the thick skull that holds their "wee-little brains."

Then, they can finally admit that Netspend did nothing illegal, immoral and/or wrong relating to anyone’s personal information which could jeopardize a person’s identity. Sadly, I don’t think these types of people will "ever" admit they are or were wrong. They would much rather go through life perpetuating a lie and slandering a company that never did anything to them other than mail them a generic “offer.” It would be really funny for those people to find out and realize that the ONLY potential for a lawsuit would be one “against” THEM-the ones “threatening to sue Netspend? Netspend could reasonably sue THEM for slander-they, on the other hand, have not been wronged in any way or had any damages!

Stupid is as stupid does. Even Forest Gump had more sense than these types of people. I just hope Netspend appreciates (and continues to appreciate) all their GOOD customers that take time out of their days (like I just did) and defend them repeatedly out of the goodness of our hearts. The loyal and good Netspend customers deserve to be treated with kindness and respect! THAT is what is MOST important to us, and what we actually CARE about. Then again, a little reward and/or incentive never hurt anyone. : p :)

Sincerely,
C. Ortiz
Michigan
 29th of Apr, 2013 by   highfly 0 Votes
ortiz is a liar and so is netspend. we get emails from netspend every month that say payday is on a specific day. then the money not show for a week later, and to prove this I can call the VA benefits line and they tell me when they sent my money to netspend. then call netspend back and they say they don't see it. I hangup and the money pop up. I got rid of them and I recommend you do the same, they will eventually fall, and your money will be lost. We have even had them hangup in our face when confronted in a nice way, if you dont believe. Just set them'up just as we are. Netspend are liars and they steal.PROMISE. Do this test yourself, and you will catch them. WE NEED TO STAND UP.
 29th of Apr, 2013 by   highfly 0 Votes
ortiz is a liar. I have been with netspend since 2007. you are wrong netspend are, 'lairs, 'and crooks they will tell you anything then release your funds right after you hangup. I hage lots'of proof, we just got rid of them for one account and ow the other. I advise you do the same.
 25th of Jan, 2014 by   Cedrick Gillespie 0 Votes
I dont agree with the 3 page b/s Ortiz is shoveling either. Now Im a highly educated individual and Ive received a message alert by phone for my personal info because I won $5000 to be loaded on a netspend card. Same responses with the customer service reps. No supervisor available. Wait 30 min to an hour then get hung up on. Wen i finally talk to some1 from netspend tells me the card will be loaded in 30 days. I call bak & no one knws wat im talkin bout. Now this bogus activity seems awful suspicious seeing that netspend dnt even wanna take the tiime to trace this info. Yet you are still trying to get me to set up direct deposit on a card I didnt need. Im asking bout this $5000 you say i won and u trying to sell me every other promotion. U have. I dnt need a netspend card, i have my own bank account where they charge no fees for petty things. Give me wat u say i won or try and fix the problem! Its funny to me how u dnt know how my information got to you! Any legitmate business should at least knw that! It makes me think you are a part of the scam wen u dont even try to find out who is sending the alerts! I definitely intend to report this to the BBB for waisting my time with this false advertisement and having me wait 30 days just to get me off the phone. Wat's to investigate whoever prompted me to send my info to you sent the aler. Or did netspend prompt the alert themselves just to get customers to sign up and activate their card? If i knew I could sue them I would. For receiving my information under false pretenses and/or promises. So if the Rep sending the apology really wants to fix this, call us to help you fix the problem and compensate uswith smething for trusting your company and investing time in reporting this to u. Your name (netspend) is all over this no matter how u cut it!

Are Your Friends Costing You Money?

Latest Groups