logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (30 mins ago)
Orbmik Furniture
I would be careful about doing business with them.
2. (35 mins ago)
DS-MAX PROPERTIES ARE A FRUAD COMPANY
DS MAX PROPERTIES ARE A FRUAD COMPANY
3. (42 mins ago)
Vizio
Class action lawsuit
4. (49 mins ago)
Thomas Sabo Online Store.
Taking of payment no receipt of goods
5. (50 mins ago)

Posted:    Valerie

Fraud and cheating

Neotech Secret Society
neo-techsociety.com
The Neo-tech secret society got in contact with me in June 2008. When I read the first letter I was kind of excited. At the time I was going through a lot of turmoil in my life. My 18 year old daughter had just moved out against my wishes. My husband and I was going through trials and tribulations. I had just bought a house we were also going through financial difficulties.When I got the letter I thought maybe things are gonna get better. I thought they were actually gonna help me. I thought it was gonna be free so I said to myself Why not? So after reading the first book they sent me a letter saying I HAD TO PAY for The Inside Secrets 139.99 then I would become rich and famous. My husband told me not to do it, at the time I was living paycheck to paycheck so I really couldn't afford it at all, but I went behind his back and paid for the book anyway. When I was almost finish reading The Inside Secrets they sent me another letter saying I had to purchase the Inner Circle Secrets or my membership will be canceled. That book was 99.50 at this point they had me gone I was really thinking I was gonna become rich. So stupidly I purchased that book too. I didn't get anything out of the book. I was reading all day though. All my spare time was now dedicated to reading. My family wanted me to stop reading because in the book it says that there is no God, and they said my attitude had changed. I had become this really strict and mean person. Again I received another letter saying I had to pay for yet another book that one was called Annabella's Secret and they stated this would be the last book I would have to purchase then and only then I could start my meetings. So once again I paid 99.50 for another book. Well after reading the book for about 2 weeks I called them to ask when my meetings would begin, and they gave me a web site to go to, and request for my meetings to start. Well to make a long story short it has been 4 mts, and I still haven't attended any meetings. The other day I called the Secret Society to request my money back, and they gave me an address to send the books back to, but I know thats over 300.00 worth of books I paid for, and I will never be compensated. I just wanted to share my story so other poor people like me won't get scammed. This is a ripoff. Nothing has changed in my life, and i am certainly not rich. If anything I feel humiliated, ashamed, and stupid. Usually I am a sensible person, but they seemed to say just what I needed to hear. This company should be closed down. They just wanna sell their books, but there's a way of doing that without lying, and scamming poor people. They ought to be ashamed of themselves. Our government shouldn't allow this type of thing to happen to people. Be warned this is a scam.

Comments United States Lawyers and Attorneys
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Dec, 2008 by   Ralph 0 Votes
My Grandmother received that notorious letter about her life was about to change. And she bought into those books, hoping that all the things promised would come true. Neo-Tech spoke about how she was going to develope this power to change her life. And that the books would be family heirlooms. To mbe handed down from generation to generation. and that her membership was something of a life time along with her family as well. I was the skeptical one whom told her not to get involved with these "sounds too good to be true, People". But she did it anyways all because she wanted me to read these books. So, I did. And when it had gotten to the part that there was no God.. Well it broke her heart being a devote Catholic all her life . My grandmother died a couple of months shortly after receiving her second book. She had kept thinking that her life was going to change for the better. But instead died of a heart attack.To this day I still have the heirloom books. Andhave tried to read them to make some sense of the so called Miss AnnaBelles Secrets. It s an alright story but it is not something that could ever possibly happen. There is no way this world is going to change by not having policing governments.My complaint is this if they are so intuned with the universe then why are we as American people suffering from a declining economy. And why are all these corporations bailing out on the own companies. If they supposedly should have confidence in there own products.
 3rd of Dec, 2008 by   Jasmine Wilson -1 Votes
I myself have also been received there "secret society" letters, and to be honest. They are so pathetic. Not one part of the letter made sense.
And I can't believe people actually fall for it. Basically if in the end you have to pay money for what ever it may be, don't do it! Its all a scam.
And always look it up on the Internet, there's always some info online about these things, don't ever pay money to these creeps, they'll get there's one day. What goes around come around.
 3rd of Feb, 2009 by   lesorcan -1 Votes
I feel sorry for you that you paid money for this garbage. It would be nice if you would share the telephone number and website address with other readers so that we may further check out this "secret society" The information I received is from the "Inner-Core Secret Society". The address I have for them is : 3357H Southpark Place, Grove City, Ohio 43123. The telephone number uses a Reno, Nevada area code and is : 775-412-6016 and the FAX 716-447-7489 goes to Buffalo, New York.

Rick
 23rd of Mar, 2009 by   Rozy -1 Votes
I have recieved the first long long letter and sent the last page back to recieve the book. I was thinking it would be free because they said it was but then i finally recieved the little crappy booklet with green stuff all over it. ( My first thought "they put something on the pages to make me sick") It's a total scam and they are flat out liers. I am happy I was skeptical enough to check out the web because I have no money and cant find work. I would have tried to send them a letter stating that they were lying about the totally free, no strings attached part and that they said in the first letter that I would already be recieving the book you actually have to pay for, FREE OF CHARGE. I feel like what they described people feeling like before "The Secret Society" found them felt. Thanks for the information and I had no clue it was actually called Neo-Tech or whatever else they claim to be called. At least I didnt lose the money I didnt have in the first place.
 31st of Mar, 2009 by   Ron -1 Votes
Yeah, I got the letters, too. At first I thought it kinda odd, since I had just been laid off my job the day before. So I read through the letter and of course sending off for the FREE book. After I read though the FREE BOOKLET, I noticed one of the stories were one of the same in the first letter. Also, they said they couldn't mention anyones names but at the end of each story it was signed with a name at the end..But I noticed it never said anything in the booklet that anyone had ever paid for their manuscript. So I just never purchased it, I figured if I was a chosen one as they said then it would magically appear under some park bench or something while I was sitting there worring about how I was going to make the next house payment or car payment. Oddly enough it hasn't appeared. Guess I wasn't such a special kinda guy after all. So I say SCREW them and their SECRET SOCIETY. I don't care what they say, I know down deep inside myself that I am special and as long as I know it that's all that matters. I may not be a millionaire or I may not be famous but I am a good person and that keeps me driving on each and every day to love, respect and support my family in anyway shape or fashion possible. People please don't fall subject to these scam artist out there. The way the economy is right now these people should be ashamed of themselves, but, that is how these people make a living. They prey on the weak, so keep the faith and keep your chins up. Do as I do, when your feeling down just go for a walk in the park or along a river bank and just listen. Hear the sounds around you, the sounds of life, the blowing winds or just the sailing clouds in the sky. Lifes to grand to allow a few lowlifes to destroy it for you..If I could help anyone out there i would, but right now it appears to everyone for themselves. It's sad, but it's pretty much much true nowadays. BTW, I received another letter from them today saying that I had one last chance to purchase the manuscript..HA HA Not in this life time.. So good luk to you all out there and I hped I was able to help someone from making a big mistake... Ron
 30th of Apr, 2009 by   Tony -1 Votes
No offense to the unfortunate ones who had to find out the hard way, but I am thankful I had enough sense to research this first before I sent any money. I know when your down on your luck things like this do seem to good to be true but your willing to take the gamble on chance it might just be real. I for one am going to spread the word to as many people as I can that this Secret Society BS is all a scam! I hope everyone who reads these stories will do the same. Maybe the government can step in and do something about it. It's pathetic that these losers have to try and take advantage of people. I know like most everyone else, I work extremely hard to take care of myself and my family. I just had a beautiful baby girl recently and these sorry ass losers are trying to take money away from her. I hope someone puts these morons out of business and I'm definately going to do everything I can to help. This is the only information I have on these idiots!: THE SECRET SOCIETY
P.O. Box 6305
Dover, Delaware 19905-6305

Phone: (440) 484-2510
Fax: (716) 447-7489
 2nd of May, 2009 by   Colleen -1 Votes
I received the letter last year and was one of the stupid stupid stupid ones!!! I didn't have a computer at the time and fell right in the scam. I purchased the first book, then purchased the second and finally the third. They keep going on and on wanting more money for everything, including their website and secret meetings. I listened to one of their meetings and it sounded like a mental ward. I finally realized, duh, that it was a scam! I feel so stupid and ashamed of myself for falling for this. My daughter told me at the beginning that these people were crooks. The first letter I received had a page stating that Kevin T. referred me to them. I think Kevin is in on the whole scam. They need to be sued. I was just so ashamed of myself I didn't want to tell anyone until now. DONT BUY FROM THESE TERRIBLE PEOPLE.
 3rd of May, 2009 by   Joseph Dolezsar -1 Votes
You are not letting me upload, so I must put it even a smaller nut shell;
Too bad because I have followed neo-tech for 20 years. Yes, Frank wallace and his family in my opinion are The Altimate Scammers but no more than many wife's, husbands, politicians, internet job advertisers and financial help gurues etc, the list would go on and on. What I see negative about neo-tech is the fact that wallace criticising and downplaying Jesus Christ to some degree. None of us qualified to do that, especially them.
Some one called him an egotistic psychopath and I tend to agree with that statement. I beleive, he beleives in some kind of God and he started his own brend of relegion. I would not condemn them, because I would not like to be condemned. The matter fact I agree with some of their opinions about the property taxes and the need for abondoning the Regional and City governments as we know it now. Owning one's house should be a right not a privilage. No city government should have a right to tax us out of our home. Property taxes are discriminatory oppose to people spending their money to dine out nightly or spending their money othervise. Matter fact it is an overlooked fascist idea. Basic human needs such as health, food and shelter should be our right as long as we work for it, but the way it is we are punished for hard work when we pay property taxes.
The only fair tax is the income tax, but that should be the only kind. It could be done if city corporations run like a good business should be run from handdowns from provincial or state governments.
That is my opinion and beleive they will find followers for that reason alone, but will not be me.
Joseph Dolezsar
Cambridge Ontario
 7th of May, 2009 by   Paul -2 Votes
PEOPLE!
The stories in these books have been told hundreds of times. In historic literature as well as the likes of motivational books, seminars, and recorded media.
Please, if these publications make you think of looking at things differently their must be a reason. This is not an endorsement of this so called scam. This is just an observation and a suggestion to act. Make it better NOW! What ever uncertainty is present in our life that makes you respond to this sort of "hope in writing" it deserves your/our immediate attention. Nothing is as important than living each day to the fullest and taking our families with us. We all have the power within to fix it! So fix it.

All the best,

Paul
New York, NY
PS: I'm not rich, and I don't have everything I want...YET!
 13th of May, 2009 by   dog -1 Votes
Thank god for the internet, my husband just received the letter and the way it is written hits the lowest command denominator which is the feeling of loss and the idea of gaining something for nothing. The letter seems to mention power, greed and lust and I am surprised they haven't mentioned Hitler at anytime throughout the letter. There is no mention of helping the planet from global warming, over population, inner peace or helping those in need, just that you will receive millions by a blink of an eye and meet the secret ones. This letter is praying is on the weak and needy and those looking to be included into a club of some kind. Your mind is a muscle and if you work at it, it will do wonderful thing for you overtime, not some letter that says you are the special one. The key words are special, secret, ancient, power, limited time, Installment, free, your name, wealth, fame, and money. Be careful with this letter, how they write this letter is also an ancient secret, which has been practiced over many years. Just watch the movie "The Boiler Room". Another suggestion is goggle map the address on the letter 1350 Moore Road, Avon, OH 44011 and you will see this is some type of multiple offices in one large building. Just be careful and as wondrous and special as this letter may make you feel, just be careful and save your money. The money you save from not sending for the book maybe the very thing to help you get that much closer to getting out of debt and paying off another bill. Please pay yourself off before paying these people. Corporations have done enough harm by making us feel we need stuff when all we need is coming to peace with who we are as individuals. We are all different and all posses special talents and gifts that are unique and special from the next. Our purpose in this life is to be at peace with ourselves and with no one else and from that the rest will follow.
 14th of May, 2009 by   earlene harris -1 Votes
they are crook s and need theirs buts put in jail
 15th of Jun, 2009 by   Cate 0 Votes
I have to say that the last year and a half have been the most amazing time of my life. I bought my manuscripts back in January of 2008. I have read all 3 large manuscripts, and seen the mentoring meetings. I have paid for the website, I have talked at length with many, many other members of this society who are regular people just like all of you and myself included. This is not a scam in any way shape or form.

Nothing in life comes to you without effort of some kind. Whether that effort is of your thoughts or your back, the choice is ultimately up to you. The people in this society are honest, hard working doing what they love to do (which is what ALL of us should be doing) and they genuinely care about people all over this planet and are thinking of ways in which the world can be a better place. And I am so proud to be a member!

This has been the best choice I have made for my children and myself! I am not a millionaire, but I will be in time. I am wealthy beyond belief; in all the ways that one can be truly wealthy. I have the love of my dreams, I know happiness like I have never known to exist before, I have confidence, drive to persevere beyond what I had known before, I have the best honest friends from all over the country, and my life is going in exciting places I never would have dreamed possible just a few short years ago. I am living the life I dream! And that is one hell of a place to be!

The letters have been written to inspire. If something inspires you to pick up a long forgotten dream and share it with others who have similar if not the same dreams as you, how is that wrong? You may not agree with all of their philosophy, and that is OK.

I highly suggest those of you who have the books, start on page 1 and read every page in the order in which they are laid out in the book. And keep an open mind. There is an old saying that goes "If you want things in your life to change, then you have to change things in your life." If at the end you still have questions, then I would talk to someone. If you call the phone number in the back of the first pamphlet, and tell them you have questions about the content of the books, they can give you a number to call and actually talk to live people who are members and have your questions answered. If at that point you still don't agree to the point you wish to be more involved, then at least you have given it an honest effort. You have at least done yourself justice, instead of following those who have no idea what we are all about.

With only love and honesty,
Cate
 19th of Jun, 2009 by   NT Mentor +1 Votes
First Congratulations on being selected to join. This is a close guarded secret that isn't shared even with the inner circle members.

The heirlooms are written so that we in the society can speak to each other in jargon. Dr. Wallace was a chemical Engineer and use to speaking to other Engineers from a common college taught language. Since the members of Neotech come from all walks of life these books are really just the gateway to being able to speak to each other from a common view point.

I am putting my son through college right now and the price of the books are pretty much the same. Now my son has to take classes that are not part of his major. Ask yourself " is that a scam for the Universities to make more money?" I think so but if you want that degree to prove you have some smarts and moxy to get through the WHOLE program you will probably be rewarded with a good paying job in the end.

If you learn nothing else from the material remember this: You are responsible for where you are now!

If any of you have questions this is the email I have for new members but I will answer your questions as well
askthementors@gmail.com

Neo-Tech Mentor since 2007 (One of Many)
 12th of Jul, 2009 by   Teri Thomas -1 Votes
I bought the Neotech/Zonpower BS book about 12 years ago! Fell for a similar scam, with a little booklet promising concrete things like being able to read people's minds and having incredibly good luck at the gaming tables. But when I paid for and got the book, it didn't tell how to do any of that stuff. Instead it was a bunch of crackpot ramblings about "neocheating" and whatever - and NONE of it came from some 2300 year old Greek manuscript! I remember there was even a chapter about how men were biologically superior to women and needed to control them and how women needed to submit to men. I wish I still had that stupid book so I could go back and look at all the ridiculous BS it contained, but I pitched it a few years ago. And now I've gotten the same schpiel from them all over again - they seem to have forgotten that I was already a "special member" of their "secret society" before. What a load of crap. That book was about $75 or so back then - I bought it around 1997 or 1998. Today the price has nearly doubled, to $139.99, and from the comments of people on this board, they've added a bunch of other "must have" books too. They are scammers, for sure. BEWARE.
 15th of Aug, 2009 by   UMBRA777 +2 Votes
Well, it certainly is not very reassuring about our species to see so many disjointed thoughts from so many negative people. How disappointing. I think that the majority of complaints on here firstly, seem to come from individuals with significantly lower I.Q.'s and secondly, all seem to have one thing in common; So willing to berrate a person or an organization because THEY think there is some magical, instant "pie in the sky" solution. I could instantly see from the letters I recieved that the point being made was quite the opposite. In fact, despite how down heartening it would be to hear such negitivity(if I were the type to have my mood influenced by another) it is actually quite entertaining to read these comments. It would seem that the only truly intelligent and objective opinions I have read are, ironically, also my fellow compatriots in the society! We can all get a healthy laugh from that. As for the other comments on here, I would advise perhaps, not spending so much of your time looking for others to scam you, but look inward and see just how many of you scam YOURSELVES on a daily basis. PERSONAL RESBONSIBILTY, HONESTY, INTEGRITY, HONOR, OBJECTIVITY, HOPEFULLNESS, HAPPINESS, and A SENSE OF HELPFULNESS FOR THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE are the qualities I have found within the organization thus far. Good luck doing things the same way you always have though.

peace and happiness to all!

UMBRA
 3rd of Sep, 2009 by   Babygirl29 -2 Votes
Well hello! I have also joined the Secret Society over one year ago and I've purchased everything since then... The 3 BIG BOOKs, the $30 a mo. fee(not since hard times hit again), and also the CD package that was very $$$ as well as the others... But anyways, nothing out of the ordinary happened yet and like you I did become this bitter person. One day me and my fiance got into an argument and I said these words " There must not be a god" (shame on me for saying those words!). Well, that's when I caught myself that day because I grew up beleiving and fearing god, and now all of a sudden after reading these books I don't beleive anymore " What the hell is wrong with me"? Exactly " HELL" I said, or should I say the voice in my mind said. So since then I still read it from time to time but I just don't agree with there's no god stuff because how are we hear and alive TODAY, HEAR, NOW. Also, when I get on my knees everynight to pray somehow I know he's listening because he answers me with answers through all of my blessings everyday. But at the same time trusting in GOD I do apply some of the writings in the books into my everyday life and I can say truly that I have became a better person since then. I don't beleive that you can just walk up to a machine into a casino and purpously win or anything dealing with being lucky. I just beleive that if it's your time, it's just your time. Although, I would like not love to win something for a change so I can donate and do the things that I cannot do with what I have currently. Also, I didn't read anything about doing something for others. That confuses me because if god gives us tools(alot of $$$), then we're suppose to teach & give those who are disabled in some sort of way these tools. I don't care about very expensive items. What I do care about is being healthy and growing old enough to possibly see my great grand-children grow, and so on...

I'm not going to say this is a scam or anything like that because I would have probably spent that money on something stupid anyway. And I did learn alot about my feild of study (BUSINESS-PHD) that I didn't learn in college... I just don't like that they're saying there's no GOD because there is and he will perspire on the person that wrote that part...
 4th of Sep, 2009 by   tom tiddle 0 Votes
I am so sorry that these liars have taken advantage of you trusting people. I have received a REVELATION. My TRUTH is directly from THE SOURCE. There is a GOD and HE will smite those that have led you astray. REPLY to this post to REPENT and PURCHASE "THE TRUTH", ONLY $99.95 USD. You will KNOW.
 16th of Sep, 2009 by   NT Mentor +1 Votes
Keep pondering babygirl29,

That is the whole point behind the manuscripts. No one can tell you factually what happens after you die since science has never been able to bring back a skeleton to life.

The point of the manuscripts is to get you to realize that there is a creative power in the universe but some people manipulate that knowledge but turn it to fear. It is pretty scarey to think about burning in hell for all eternity but Jesus didn't say that would happen, now did he?

Be very careful who you listen to and trust yourself more than others. Only you can know what is in your best interest.
 28th of Sep, 2009 by   Mr Hines 0 Votes
I believe that GOD takes care of all of us, even those of us who have the faith of a mustard seed. I too have recieved this letter and got the little book that asked for $139.99. We are not perfect and we all fall short of the glory of GOD. thats why he's (GOD) long suffering, most merciful, and loves us more than we love ourself. Don't beat yourself up, ask GOD for forgiveness and move on. We all have crosses to bare, and we to must be long suffering, quick to forgive, and love one another. And only by the GRACE OF GOD do we hold on. Let them have they're worldly riches, ours is the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN to inherit.
 2nd of Oct, 2009 by   NT Mentor +2 Votes
Well Mr. Hines I agree with you on your points that we should be quick to forgive and love one another. I honestly don't believe a God of Love would create us to suffer.

Since I have been a member of NeoTech I have become much more Spiritual. Many of the questions I had have been answered either through the writings or my own personal enlightenments. The Society is about helping each other live the life they were meant to live. Very few of us are super wealthy but I will tell you because of the support we give each other we are a very happy group.

So I would say that we are struggling but that is a normal part of the personnel and spiritual growth process but we were not meant to suffer!

WFTV Todd Ulrich Online Job Investigation