logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
www.gold4power.com
this site hack my wow account
2. (21 mins ago)
Manager Mistreating a kid

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

National Home Gardening Club Complaints & Reviews - The offer of the coupon card is very misleading

National Home Gardening Club Contacts & Informations

National Home Gardening Club

Posted: 2012-06-29 by    Nieste

The offer of the coupon card is very misleading

National Home Gardening Club
In June of 2011, I received an offer to join the National Home Gardening for the two year rate of $24.00. I was told that I would receive, for this money, “Gardening How-To” magazine, some packets of seeds, 4 free gifts and some other items.

The 4 free gifts are as follows: 1) Fiskars bypass pruner, 2) Kneelinjg cushion, 3) $20.00 in Gas rebates and 4) $100 Grocery Coupon Card.

On July 1, I sent my check for $24.00. I am not much of a gardener but I figured how could I go wrong with these free gifts. After repeated inquiries, I finally received the pruner and kneeling cushion in Sept. I did also receive a voucher for 4 $5.00 gas rebates, one to be used each of the next 4 quarters of the year.

A few weeks ago, I finally received a form to fill out to receive my $100 grocery coupon card. I was to fill it out and send it in with a stamped, self addressed envelope to then receive my card. Did that. Today, Nov 14, I received my “Grocery Coupon Card”. It is a list of over 900 products and 10 stamps. Each of these 10 stamps are marked “Grocery Coupon Certificate $10 and an expiration date of 9/30/2012. I am supposed to pick 48 of my favorites products from the list and send back that list of my favorites with one of the $10 stamps. I am to enclose $1.00 for handling and a stamped, self addressed envelope and I will then receive $10.00 worth of coupons for some of those products that I picked. These coupons may expire in as little as two weeks after I receive them. Then I am supposed to repeat this process each month for 10 months, altho the $10 coupons are only good until 9/30/2012.

I actually have probably gotten my original $24.00 worth but feel that I would never have joined their club without the offer of the free gifts. The offer of the coupon card is very misleading. I would like others to know of this so they can be forwarned.
Comments United States Home & Garden
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Sep, 2013 by   L. Lane 0 Votes
i was also misled by the "sweet" deals offered by the nhgc in that the offered free coupons, products to test and to keep, and allured into what has turned out to be a fancy 'front' for a high priced book club. I finally pounded the "O" button on my cell phone enough to get thru the maze of computer prompts and got a warm body on the other end. Ms jones was providing the "puppet -like" responses she had been given and she finally informed me that she could not access the info I needed due to computers being backed up(during peak business hours). I find this difficult to apprehend that a club with over a million members could not properly answer simple queries about my newly established membership. Items promised were not included and I was required to jump thru another hoop to receive the services promised. At that time I told her that I would formally send my request for the stated member fee refund because I was not at all satisfied with the services rendered according to their agreement for my member dues. I asked her what were the titles of the upcoming selections. She told me there were several collections including over sixty titles @ $24, 99 +$4.99 S$H. that comes to over $1800.00 just in book fees if I kept them all. It would take an awful lot of products to test to offset the allure of the perks promised! I'M OUT!!!

Lessons from the Crash of 1987