logo

4. (6 mins ago)
Star-loans.co.uk
Scammed me for £49.50
5. (11 mins ago)
globe life and accident insurance
non payment

5259 Coconut Creek Parkway Margate, FL 33063
Margate, Florida
Phone: 877-607-0226
mytechhelp.com
This company misrepresented itself as Apple and tricked me into giving them my credit card information to purchase an "Apple Support Plan."

The details:

I called them yesterday from my work phone to ask how to remove a virus from my MacBook. I thought I had called Apple, since when I searched Google for the Apple support number, the first listing in yellow which said "Apple" was the number I called, which although I did not know it at the time, in actuality I had called this company that scammed me). At no time did they represent themselves as a third-party company or as any entity separate from Apple. They asked for my name and my laptop Serial number and then told me that my original purchase had only provided me with support for hardware issues but not for software issues such as a virus. They recommended I extend my technical support to include software issues by purchasing a two-year plan which would provide me 24/7 remote assistance with any software-related issue, including scans and remote assistance for virus removal. They told me that the two-year plan would cost me an initial payment of $99, followed by a second $99 payment in 30 days, and then a final payment of $99 in 60 days. Before I gave them my credit card number, I asked the salesman, Jarrett, "You work for Apple, right, " and Jarrett said "yes." After he charged me, I asked if I could call them the following day to have the computer fixed, since I was busy at work. Jarrett gave me a direct line for assistance: 877-866-9789. This evening, I called that number and became suspicious when I was connected to an auto attendant (machine menu) that did not say "Apple" (it sounded like AT&T) and I remained on hold for several minutes without being attended by a person. I hung up and searched online for Apple's regular number and found 1(800) My-Apple, which I called and asked for remote assistance. The representative told me he didn't provide remote assistance, that only his supervisors did, but that he would try to help me anyway. I told him that I had been promised 24/7 remote assistance from the plan I had purchased yesterday. He said he was confused, because they they don't even provide 24 hour technical support service, i.e., they close at ten. I asked for a refund, and he transferred me to a supervisor. The supervisor asked me which number I had called, and I told her I didn't know, since I had called them from my work phone. Then I looked at the pending credit card charge on my Visa account and saw that I had not been charged by Apple but rather by this company called MyTechHelp which had misrepresented itself as Apple.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of May, 2013 by   Probateks 0 Votes
They are a scam. They have been reported to law enforcement and BBB
 5th of Jun, 2013 by   mike1231 0 Votes
I am having the same problem plus they are charging my checking account and I have tried multiple times to stop them. My problem started when I tried to get help with my Apple i phone and it has been non stop with fraudulent actions by this company.

Nigerian Scammers on Skype