logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Dating Security ID OSOCCO.org
Online Sex OffendOnline Sex Offender Criminal Check Organization er Criminal Check Organization
2. (24 mins ago)

Posted:    SCARP

Unauthorized withdrawal

Intelius.com?
Arizona
Unauthorized withdrawal from my bank account of $24.95. Same format posted to my account as the other unauthorized withdrawal from INT*IDPROTECT MNTR SVC.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Jul, 2009 by   Michelle Clayton 0 Votes
I also had an unauthorized withdrawal. One for $19.95 to MVQ*VALMAX and one for $23.95 to MVQ*TWENTY$PROPLUS. Impossible to cancel "membership".
 14th of Aug, 2009 by   cyndyrael 0 Votes
I also had a unauthorized withdraw of $19.95 that made my account go overdrawn so another $18.00. So all together a $37.95 charge to my account. How do I get this money back? Or is it gone? And what the hell is it? I don't want to be charged every month I need help Please! Cyndy

8/14/09 218-652-4796
 17th of Aug, 2009 by   sbatt 0 Votes
I too was charged 24.95 without knowing what this was. When I searched the description I found this complaint board and also their website which allows you to cancel but does not provide a number where you can call and get your money back. A MAJOR SCAM!!! Does anyone know how to contact this company to get a refund on monies they never had authorization to remove? What other options do I have as a consumer to file a complaint?
 19th of Aug, 2009 by   dook1*87 0 Votes
888 337 4295 should be a number to this bs company
 19th of Aug, 2009 by   dook1*87 0 Votes
Just call that number, stay on the line, DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CARD NUMBER AGAIN, and eventually you will be sent to a customer service person, and tell them you want to speak to a supervisor. Tell the supervisor that there was an unauthorized withdrawal from your account and you will get a refund and they shouldnt bother you anymore. Dont dial any of there menu options just wait on the line for less than a minute and you will be forwarded to a customer service rep
 27th of Aug, 2009 by   cristiano89 0 Votes
The same thing happened to me today I was billed 24.95 on my account I tried to call and it didnt do anything. I saw this blog and waited on the phone like the person above me said and they refunded the money and it would take two business days. Do what dook1*87 says it worked. Thanks btw
 27th of Aug, 2009 by   Crazyguy123 0 Votes
I had a charge from this company as well. I asked them why I was charged when i never heard of theyre company. I had made a ONE TIME purchase on intelious.com to find out some background info on a person. well these idots automatically enrolled me in theyre bullshit scam. I did speak with a person and he said that he will cancel the "membership" that i never signed up for and the money would be refunded in 2 business days. we'll see if that happens... its thursday afternoon... so i guess i'll be back on here on monday letting yall know. DONT give them you're email... dont give them any info at all... All he needed to find me in his system was my NAME.
 31st of Aug, 2009 by   mhgal 0 Votes
Hi Crazyguy 123 - I'm wondering how you did with the Intelius complaint. I just spent over two hours on the phone with several different people. Intelius said that they knew nothing about MVQ (which charged me twice for 19.95), but they are supposedly refunding it anyway (?), along with the 19.95 charge for something called AP924, which is another of their "third party" vendors.
Do make sure when you deal with them, you get a confirmation number. I first used the (888)337-4295 number. The woman there said they could only refund one payment. Then I called (877)974-1563. I got a confirmation number, with them saying they would refund all three charges and cancel my 'membership'. I looked up the company on the Better Business Bureau web site - LOTS of complaints about this exact thing. They're about to get one more! Good luck!
 17th of Sep, 2009 by   lloyd2571 0 Votes
This company is a big scam! I got nailed for $24.95 saying that I took a trial period for their useless services. So if you want your money back call 1-888-337-4295 and wait on the phone (don't use any menu options) eventually or less than a minute someone will put you through to a supervisor (if you want to call them that, instead of a m-fer who stole your money without your consent) You should get a refund in 2 business days and they'll cancel your B.S. membership. So what ever you do don't let them keep your money!
 22nd of Sep, 2009 by   Pat666 0 Votes
I have just noticed this on my holding and I have not made any purchases of this amount. I just dealt with a creditor and paid off the remaining balance on an AT&T bill and I am almost certain that the bastard stole the number.
Here's how it appears on my account, if this helps anyone.

09/22/2009 TWENTY4PROPLUS $24.95
 22nd of Sep, 2009 by   Pat666 0 Votes
I just posted above and figured out what's going on. My wife used a people search service earlier this month and they must have a checked box (which she must have not seen) and this authorizes them to sign you up for this service. As soon as I saw the amount, I called my bank and the bank called the company and I told them to cancel this bogus charge, and they did.

Hope this helps.
 23rd of Sep, 2009 by   cemcflc 0 Votes
If you are charged $24.95 and the following description appears on your bank statement "PURCHASE MVQ*TWENTY4PROPLUS", then call 800-211-9749. Tell them you want to cancel your membership, get a refund of $24.95 (which you'll receive within 3-5 business days) and obtain a confirmation number. The confirmation number is VERY IMPORTANT, in case they don't remove the charges you'll have recourse later.

Be sure to file a complaint to the BBB. 1000's of complaints about this. They're about to get another!!!
 26th of Sep, 2009 by   rockie44 0 Votes
MVQ*TWENTY4PROPLUS yah, I type this in google, and got to this website. Went to their website, and put the (MVQ*TWENTY4PROPLUS) in 1st box and email in 2nd box, and the canceling went smooth, and got the e-mail to confirm it. Yes did lost the 2 months payment of $24.95, but glad it's over...I hope
 7th of Oct, 2009 by   Heather Tammerino 0 Votes
This just happened to me today! I got charged of 24.99 from this MVQ. I can't afford this crap. How the hell did they get my account info?
 10th of Oct, 2009 by   carol8 +1 Votes
MVQ*TWENTY4PROPLUS just deducted $29.95 from my account. INTELIUS.com had a promotion that if you accept a trial membership in this MVQ*... plan, INTELIUS would provide services for 99cents . WELL, INTELIUS NEVER provided any service and I'm still stuck with the unauthorized withdrawal from my bank!
 13th of Oct, 2009 by   Nina 24 0 Votes
My husband's account has been charged $1.00 every month since 4/18/08. I called and cancelled the membership on 10/1/2009. I just got off the phone with 1-888-337-4295. I spoke to a woman named Tabitha ID# 700147. She seamed little defensive and would only tell me that the last charge to my husbands account would be refunded. She said she could not reveal when and how these charges began, but kept insisting that the last charge will be removed and she kept trying to end our conversation. I asked to speak to her supervisor. She transferred me to Keith ID# 154101 and he was quick to tell me that the charges began on 4/18/2008, and that they were authorized by my husband when he accepted the terms and conditions at spendonlife.com when he signed up to view a FREE Credit Report. I nice way to scam someone out of money. They would not speak to me any longer and told me to have my husband call. I told them they were scamming many people out of money, and they disagreed, saying "Its' in the terms and conditions". This is not over and we will fight this until all the money is refunded to our account.

Here is # 5 in the terms and conditions. The only way to view the credit reports is to click accept the terms and conditions. BAD IDEA!!!

5) In order to use the Sites and the Services, You must Provide the following information:

You must provide your debit or credit card payment information. Your debit or credit card will not be charged at the time you sign up for your free trial. However, if you do not cancel your free trial within the free trial period, you will charged at the monthly rate in effect at that time for the MCH Service for which you enrolled. Your debit or credit card will continue to be charged each month at the applicable monthly rate unless you cancel the Services. YOUR FREE TRIAL PERIOD IS MEASURED IN 24-HOUR DAYS. FOR EXAMPLE, IF YOU SIGN UP FOR A 7-DAY FREE TRIAL PERIOD AT 10:00 A.M. ON MARCH 1, 2010, YOUR FREE TRIAL PERIOD WILL EXPIRE AT 9:59 A.M. ON MARCH 8, 2010.
You may be required to provide your social security number and other personal information, such as previous addresses, employment, and other names, so that your identity can be verified in order to use some Services.
You must provide true, accurate and complete information about yourself as prompted by the applicable subscription form(s) and to promptly update your information if and when it changes. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or we have reason to believe that such information is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, we reserve the right to terminate your subscription.
 16th of Oct, 2009 by   james weatherly 0 Votes
please cancel my membership
 16th of Oct, 2009 by   james weatherly 0 Votes
don;t
 30th of Oct, 2009 by   Jiml30 0 Votes
I have seen a $24.95 charge and found this site. I had nothing to do with the company and find this very frustrating.
 5th of Nov, 2009 by   gxb930 0 Votes
I as well have been charged $24.95 for the past 4 months. My bank, "Chase" says i have to cancel the membership before they can do anything?? I told them that the number to call 1-888-337-4295 asks me for my credit card number. So I say yeah thats a great idea!!! Its already a fraudulent charge and I'm going to give out my credit card number!!

IRS Warns Of E Mail Phishing Scheme