logo

vitopharma.com
scam money
4. (30 mins ago)
Willowbend Environmental Center
I got bogus check from them
5. (32 mins ago)
Delta Airlines - Charles Jenkins/ Quintavius R. Beard
CON Artisit selling Delta Companion Pass

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Mohegan Sun Casino, Uncasville, Connecticut Complaints & Reviews - Deceptive Jackpot Winnings

Mohegan Sun Casino Contacts & Informations

Mohegan Sun Casino

Posted:    David Jakobot

Deceptive Jackpot Winnings

Mohegan Sun Casino
Uncasville, Connecticut
Phone: 1-888-226-7711
I arrived in Connecticut as I always do for the Christmas Holidays and could not wait to head to the Mohegan Sun. We arrived on Christmas Eve. I had alot of fun that I have always had there and dropped about 500.00-700.00 but had a good time doing it. I returned on Christmas Day with my Uncle who is an advid Foxwoods man but I talked him into going to the Mohegan Sun where he would most likely enjoy it more. I have always been a huge fan of the Mohegan even though I had a family member work at Foxwoods for 16 years. We played the slots for quite some time and lost about 3-400.00 but then again we had fun doing it, he dropped about 300.00 also. On Friday I had decided to take my family to Mohegan Sun, We went up to the Sky Bar where we indulged in some drinks and talked about how great this place is. We then headed for the slots, my favorite slots at the time, "Wheel of Fortune" We played and had a good time. In fact I had all my family members playing at one time. We were all playing when I had hit the Progressive Jackpot, 125, 700. It was very hard to believe, 125, 000 but my family was so happy for me, screaming and jumping up and down and also the floor people. They all congratulated me, people all around was shaking my hand, I felt great. They proceeded to take me to the vip lounge with my family. We were all ecstatic, calling people, relatives, friends, all very, very excited. They told us that it would take about four hours for the winnings to be distributed to me. So for those hours, we all had so much excitability and were trying to figure out the tax that would come out for 125, 000. After the fourth hour, we were devastated, They informed me that this was not a paid jackpot. it was annuity payments for 21 years. This was just devastating for all of us, It was so sad that we built ourselves up for all of this, just to be shot down. It was so bad to learn that you had won a jackpot but was deceived. Then they had told me it was posted on the machine. It was in the smallest words ever, even the floor people that worked for the Casino could not read it. And again I went to play at the Mohegan Sun and not the IGT Company. I was deceived from the beginning by walking into to the Mohegan Sun and not being aware that they do not own the machines. There were no signs posted and this would fall under the deceptive trade practice. We had to wait another two and one half hours at the casino just to deny and refuse the payment. This means that we were waiting for 6 and 1/2 half hours only to be shot down. And if we were to be offered a speedy payoff we would then most likely be offered less than half and then to pay tax on the winnings, you are looking at $40, 000. I feel bad that I had put my family through this and will never enter the Mohegan Sun Casino again and also encourage all of my other friends to do the same. I must and will go all out to bring this hidden problem out into the open. These people are operating like it is the Bugsy Siegal days and this will not be tolerated.
Comments United States Gambling Games
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Jan, 2009 by   SmartyPants 0 Votes
It's not Mohegan Sun's fault. All Wheel of Fortune jackpots are handled the same. The same thing would happen at Foxwoods.
 13th of Feb, 2012 by   Parick 0 Votes
You must not have any problems at all if you are bitching about winning 125K.

Stanfords Caribbean Fraud