logo

Gentleninja scammed me

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Melissa Zobell, Utah Complaints & Reviews - Puppy Mill!

Melissa Zobell Contacts & Informations

Melissa Zobell [Resolved]

Posted:    kayleneC

Puppy Mill!

Utah
Melissa Zobell used to run the Australian Shepherd Rescue of Utah. I heard numerous stories of her harassing people about not spaying/neutering their dogs and I even had a friend who received hate mail from her stating the reasons why dogs should be spayed/neutered and the statistics on pets that were put down each year in shelters. She was banned from the Petco and Petsmart here in Utah County because of her unprofessional attitude and all the complaints filed against her. She was even banned from the local shelters!
Read this story, http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4188/is_20060214/ai_n16226186/
Today, Melissa has over 30 dogs and is breeding them to make her house payments. She is creating designer dogs (pom-a-poos, yorkie-poos, mini aussies, ect.) and charging ridiculous prices ($600-$1200) for these mixed breed dogs. She claims they are "health tested" which means they are seen by a vet (her colleague) and they are current on vaccinations. Non of these dogs are tested for genetic disorders or even screened for eyes, hips or knee problems. To top it all off, she runs her business out of Animal Medical Services and showcases the animals in their adoption center. She no longer supports animal rescue and instead contributes to the over pet population. Melissa should be reported for hoarding animals! Nobody should ever breed dogs as mush as she does. It should be a crime.

User Comments

I just want to apologize and retract my original comment that was made. It has taken years for me to realize that what I had said was not only unfair but completely false. I was immature and I worked with a bunch of people that were not good influences. I did not know Melissa personally and I based my opinion of her on what I had heard through the grape vine. She did not deserve this and has had to live with the consequences of my wrong doing. I know Melissa deeply cares for her dogs and she has come a long way and will do anything to ensure the safety and health of her dogs and children. She goes above and beyond to make sure her dogs are well taken care of and does every health test imaginable. If you are considering one of Mellisa's dogs please don't base your decision on a thread that was started by a stupid, young girl who didn't have the facts. Please do your own research and get to know Melissa for yourself. I only wish I had done the same before causing so much permanent damage to someone who has done so much for Australian Shepherds.
Comments United States Pets & Animals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of May, 2011 by   provogirl 0 Votes
I do know that Melissa is breeding these designer dogs. I have heard from her own kids say that they have over 35 dogs at their house in Hidaway Valley, down in Sanpete County. I have also heard it from her neighbors that live out by her that she has way too many dogs. I have talked to people that have gotten rescue dogs from her and they have had the same stories or complaints as the people who have posted here. I am sure some have had a good experience but there are many who have not had a good experience. People need to be aware of who they get their dogs from and ask to see the health certificates and things upfront. If people would do their homework it would save them a lot of heart ache. It is sad but most of the what I have seen and also witnessed first hand from Melissa has not been good, not to say that there can be good endings out there. People please just do your homework first when dealing with her.
 2nd of Oct, 2014 by   Original Poster 0 Votes
 18th of Nov, 2014 by   Mommacat2014 0 Votes
I have had numerous problems with this breeder I first found her on a facebook group. I asked to if I could come to her home to see parents and puppies she said no because of risk of parvo. That she would meet me at a gas station. Then I was told by a petco employee about her rescue I said why not its a rescue I'll meet her at petco so I called she informed me she is not longer rescuing at this time then a few minutes later calls me back telling me she has two 4month old Aussie males price reduced one she decided not to keep and the other a family back out because his testicles went back up so couldn't be a breeding dog. I later got on her facebook page and seen how many litters she was expecting just in October. This lady is a bad deal.

5 Ways to Stop Foreclosure