logo

Posted:    charlesedwardIV

customer service

mate1.com
Dear mate1.com

I hope someone from your company actually gets forwarded this!

I am writing to complain about your customer service and I assume that the same incompetent people who answer the phones also respond to my emails so this may just get deleted.

Here is my issue.
First of all, getting on your site ages ago was clearly stupid. Had I not filled out some basic info including my email perhaps all of this annoyance could have been avoided. However, I did. As a result, your company has been luring me in with offers of beautiful girls and emails waiting to be read and trial offers.
After enough emails I got curious enough to go look at what you offer (so your harrassment DID work up to this point). I couldn't figure out what the site offered or how the billing worked, all I could see was a trial for $2.
So, I searched the site for a phone number - and nothing. So I did some google searching (the same method used to find this address) and finally found the 1-888 number.
I assumed that calling about how to pay a company is what they want you to do and the REASON they have a customer service line in the first place... perhaps this was another of my mistakes.
The girl who answered "Sabrina" seemed annoyed by my even calling her. I asked about prices and if I could pay in a method other than credit card (bank draft, pay pal). She told me that EVERYONE uses a credit card on the site and that if I wanted to
pay using a different method I would have to "email a special request to the billing office". This is bizarre to me! If I WANT to GIVE YOU MONEY you can't give me payment methods by phone??? You make me jump through hoops??
I asked this "Sabrina" if she could just tell me prices and methods by phone and she seemed to snap. Her voice raised and she told me that she didn't want to repeat herself and that information is only available by email. When I tried to find out why she couldn't just email it to me then, she yelled at me to STOP INTERRUPTING HER BECAUSE SHE IS GOING TO FINISH HER SENTENCES!
I was then told that she had to take other calls from PAYING members! How ironic is that? The phone line is for paying members but someone wanting to join is shit outta luck?

... I hung up.

I am not writing this to get something for free from your site (after this experience I want NOTHING to do with you!).
I am also not trying to get anyone fired. However, I am a business man myself and the experience I had with your customer service has left me so upset I feel MORALLY obligated to let you know.
Do you farm out your customer service calls to children in other countries and angry housewives?? How on earth do you even have a functioning business with income when your staff treats your customers like dirt?
I secretly hope that maybe this was this employees last call before quitting or a once in a lifetime fluke of a rude call.

In conclusion, don't reply to me. I have enough mate1 emails to print out and wallpaper my house with!
And don't fire anyone on my account. Perhaps though, DO train your staff? SCREEN your staff? These people may be contract minimum wage workers but they represent your company!

Sincerely,

Man with Money that could have been yours.

Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Nov, 2009 by   SandraMcfosters 0 Votes
this sounds very similiar to the call i had to them. i am a woman, and because i dont pay for my site they told me they couldn't help me on the phone and gave me an email address! but they never answer their emails! i am thinking of quiting the site all together. especially when i hear that men pay and get tricked so much. there are so many free sites out there this one sucks.
 21st of Nov, 2009 by   charlesedwardIV 0 Votes
I didn't even know women are free.

Maybe you spoke to the same girl I did Sandra!
 26th of Nov, 2009 by   ihate 0 Votes
their customer service sucks
 27th of Nov, 2009 by   MARCUSRAID 0 Votes
BE GLAD YOU DIDN'T SIGN UP. THSI SITE IS SHIT.

THEY DONT TELL YOU THEY'RE GONNA KEEP BILLING $50 A MONTH.
 1st of Dec, 2011 by   Roderick Gadson 0 Votes
i'm tying to cancel my mate1 subscription
 1st of Dec, 2011 by   Roderick Gadson 0 Votes
i want to cancel my mate1 account

7th of Dec, 2011 by   Mate1 Support 0 Votes
We're sorry to hear about any disagreements or issues with our services. Mate1.com is committed to finding a solution for its members and offers some of the best Customer Support available in the online dating industry, including 7-day-a-week toll-free phone support(1-888-688-4760, or 514 907-0015 if you are outside North America), round-the-clock email support – support@mate1.com, as well as a live chat support feature available during normal business hours.Many similar sites offer only limited support options, some lacking even a phone number to get in touch with their staff. We’re even open for most holidays, and we post specific holiday hours directly on our Contact Us page when we’re not.

Please get in touch with our Customer Support team regarding any issues you are experiencing, or any technical difficulties you have encountered and we'll be happy to try and resolve them with you. That's what we're here for!

For your convenience, here is a direct link to our site’s Help/Contact Us page, which contains most of our contact options.

For additional options, please access our Help/Contact Us page from within your account itself after logging in, which you can do from this link:
 24th of May, 2014 by   myles arcand 0 Votes
a technical supporter worked on my mate1 and now i have nothing the page is blank this has been going on all week i have posted a concern before and now i have no mate1. i person emailed me back and
said the problem was fixed now i a staring at a blank page

Mortgage Scam Scheme