logo

OREO COOKIES
NO FILLING N TASTED BAD
3. (26 mins ago)
Euro Pro Shark Steam Cleaner
Machine suddenly stopped working.
4. (27 mins ago)

Marriott Vacation Club

Posted: 2011-02-04 by    EDatdcs

SERVICE

Marriott Vacation Club
The NEW Marriott Vacation Club Destination points is TERRIBLE.
The sale pitch does not tell you ALL the restrictions and the shorten time frames fore usage before you lose the points indefinately AND you can not get a hold of them to make reservations. Even after leaving repated messsage for YOUR representative. AND the phone wait for a live person is over 20 minuets on average.
DO NOT JOIN...in fcat I just resigned
Comments United States Timeshares / Vacation Rentals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Feb, 2011 by   EDatdcs 0 Votes
ABSOLUTELY CORRECT...DO NOT BUY THIS OR ANY OTHER MARRIOTT VACATION PROPERTY
 9th of Mar, 2011 by   Timeshare man 0 Votes
My question is why arent you doing your research ahead of time? If I was going to pay 700 dollars to join I would make sure I knew every little thing about the program first. The rules and regulations are are posted on their website. Also you are free to call owner services and ask a Advisor about everything, even the so called restrictions. They arent hiding anything you are just not asking questions.
With the destinations program you have year to use your points, if you cannot use them within that year you can bank them and carry them over for another year. Marriott gives you two years to use these points to make an exchange to go to another Marriott resort. As for your Advisor they have over 1400 owners they are in charge of, also they handle other Advisors owners phone calls. Not to mention you are calling during the busiest time of the year. Yes its difficult to reach your specific Advisor but that doesnt mean you cant speak to another Advisor. They all do the same job.
 10th of Mar, 2011 by   OSU fan 0 Votes
I have discovered that the points awarded the weeks of MVC I currently own are not enough to duplicate next year the vacations we're taking this year. For example, this year we're staying at our home resort, Canyon Villas, the last week of March in a two-bedroom unit. That unit is valued at 2950 points; however, to book the same unit for the same week at the same resort in 2012 using points, I need 4125! I'd have to forfeit the use of the Master Suite of a different week just to make up the difference. How is that fair!?! Samemath holds true for all our other units; in total, to continue vacationing as we have for the past five years, we'd have to purchase 2500 points at a cost of $24, 500 PLUS pay $1000 annually for maintenance. We believe Marriott has seriously devalued our ownership.
 5th of Apr, 2011 by   kingstone 0 Votes
Here is the issue: No inventory. I was flexible to use a two bedroom for a one bedroom. I called this march 2011 for next march 2012 for week of march 9th specifically to use my Aruba points for a ski vacation: Anywhere...Utah, Colorado ...nothing. I can't even go on a waitlist unless I also turn in the 2012 year since i am short 400 points for the 7 days. I wanted to pay the difference of the 7 days upfront...nope. I wanted to use my 800 points since I am short 400 points to get on the waitlist...nope since those expire end of 2011. So Risk and No Reward. I can chose to use two years and risk not even getting that week, but I have no confidence that it will ever open up. Adds up to Limited Flexibility, Limited Availability and Lousy Customer Experience.
 28th of Apr, 2011 by   Shame on Marriott 0 Votes
Hi EDatdcs, did you get a refund when you resigned?
 19th of May, 2011 by   Vaca Girl 0 Votes
To: Timeshare Man - I'm not sure how much Marriott pays you, but you are not being factual!!!
To: Everyone Else - I was a huge Marriott Vacation fan! I never had a problem trading my week, and though difficult, was able to navigate the many timeshare restrictions and rules to make the system work for me. However OSU fan is correct - the MVC system is horrible! 1) The program was rolled out without customer care or the website being ready (my rep confirmed this recently - Marriott was totally caught off guard by the simplest of questions); 2) A year later their website still cannot tell me how many points I have, nor can I book my own reservations from the site. I don't have time nor do I want to spend 20 minutes on hold waiting for someone to help me with a simple question like, "how many points do I have left?"; and, 3) The Explorer vacations are a joke. No one can tell me exactly how many points it will take for a trip (I was told by customer care today, that what was on the site is incorrect), and dates are not listed. Everything about their MVC program is inconvenient, and almost a year after the launch, it's very disappointing that Marriott still hasn't got their crap together about the points program that they are pushing everyone toward.
 10th of Jun, 2011 by   John S W 0 Votes
I agree about the points program it stinks for the majority of Marriott Owners, the owners who benefit are the owners who own expensive locations. This has always been a complaint to Marriott; when I first visited Hawaii and I was about 42, all the owners in Hawaii were about 65 and older, they looked at me at the owners breakfast like how did you get here. When I told Marriott I transferred from the cheapest resort they have in Florida (Horizon) at the time they looked at me like I did something wrong and told me I was just lucky. If you ignore making phone calls and or just place a reservation chances are you will get what you want. If you expect to find a reservation when you call, good luck.
 25th of Aug, 2011 by   Linwood, Kansas 0 Votes
Just yesterday we found out that the 800 points we were coaxed into purchasing last summer to avoid Interval will vaporize at the end of this year! Too many point systems, no single statement and the rules for the MVC were not clear. Use them or Loose them! What kind of program is that, except like the banks having to find ways of creating an income when they are not building new properties and deeding them out as before. We've come to the end of the rainbow . . . I'm afraid the best package is to keep or rent (on your own) your home resort or work through Interval, at least that way you can bank the week if you can't use it. Very disappointed. I will say however, that I still prefer Marriott properties over others. At least I know what to expect if only they MVC was held to the same high standard.
 19th of Jul, 2013 by   Menlo Park Jerry 0 Votes
4 star Hotels ... regardless if Marriott, Hilton or Westin ... will always find a way to "scam" the public ... and being a Marriott Owner doesn't put you on the same ball field as the Marriott business or credit card member. Get used to it. I've been a Marriott Newport Coast (Laguna Beach, CA) owner for 12 years, and while I love the property there (although having stayed in my two bedroom 2 bath (with Jacuzzi), kitchen, dining room, living room "condo" unit overlooking the Pacific JUST ONCE) ... I have never had any difficulty exchanging to a Marriott property such as Kauai or Maui (I plan ahead). But for Marriott to unveil a program that would benefit someone like me to exchange for a large city property (say in London or Rome), requiring points that translate into 1 1/2 weeks at my large Newport Coast property value, IN EXCHANGE FOR A (one) HOTEL ROOM ... that's a slap in the face to us owners and Marriott ought to be ashamed for rolling out such a scam, which even a significant number of sales people are laughing about.
 19th of Jul, 2013 by   OSU fan 0 Votes
Any time you convert your legacy week to points and attempt to go to the same destination at the same time for which you made your original purchase, you will come up short. We own in AZ and on Hilton Head Island, and if we don't snag a week as soon as inventory is available, it's either impossible to get one or we get four or five nights instead of seven if we convert our legacy week to points. We bought Platinum time in AZ for one reason only--to be there during spring training; NOW we've learned that people who bought cheap weeks elsewhere can combine the point values of those weeks and reserve Platinum time for multiple weeks. An onsite agent told us it's not uncommon for people to spend 2-4 weeks at this relatively small property Feb. & March since the point system was instituted. The "be flexible" admonition doesn't apply if you're locked into a school schedule that allows for only one week of travel in the spring. Furthermore, points owners who book 3, 5, 10-day vacations, diminish the number of units available to those trading weeks through Interval.

PS We've heard that even Newport owners have a difficult time booking that property--true?

Are You A Shopaholic?