logo

Mike
Scam -Beware of Ms Jane from HK HUIAO TRADING CO., LIMITED
2. (1 hr 3 mins ago)
Tata Motors
Poor service and arrogant staff
3. (1 hr 24 mins ago)
Bad service

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Marriott Complaints & Reviews - Marriott cancellation policy the worst!

Marriott Contacts & Informations

Marriott

Posted:    Asher William

Marriott cancellation policy the worst!

Marriott's cancellation policy is the worst in the industry. They charged me the full length of a stay that I canceled on day one. It is very unfair and their policy is not to offer any credit or refund.

Why bother booking with Marriott when there are so many other choices. I hate this company!!!
Comments United States Hotels
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Oct, 2007 by   makingithappen -1 Votes
May I suggest going through your credit card company in the form of a charge back. All Marriott's have a cancellation policy posted on their website and written in the e-mail confirmation sent out 5 days before your scheduled check-in date. In addition reservation agents are required to notify you of the cancellation policy when you book the room. If you indeed canceled your room in compliance with this cancellation policy then you can go through your credit card company and request a charge back.
 11th of Dec, 2007 by   Anastasiya +1 Votes
You should know about cancellation policy when you are making a reservation. If you disagree, don't do it, or find another hotel with better cancellation policy. Marriot or any other hotel work according to their policy, and not doing anything wrong.
 1st of May, 2008 by   Khalifa adham -1 Votes
Do you know any effictive email to complain for one of marriott hotels in middle east?
 15th of Aug, 2008 by   John 0 Votes
you are a moron!!!...first of all the hotel sends you the cancellation policy online after booking is made, reservation agents tell you and records that they tell you the policy...and if you stay there then cancel (well DUH!!!)...you should go back to motel 6 like you belong...count your pennies and see if they will take your food stamps...
 27th of Sep, 2008 by   Jule -1 Votes
I canceled a Marriot reservation via internet. Didn't get an email back and saw it only in the next day. Called Marriot to check and they charged me no show. They offer an internet service that is not reliable and do not honor the cancelation when their system fail.
I agree that Marriot is not a good company at all. I used to stay in their hotels around the world, but will start going somewhere else.
 1st of Nov, 2008 by   MaryJules +1 Votes
If you want to cancel, just give them a call.
They give you a cancellation number and send a friendly confirmation e-mail.Worked fibe with me.

I wouldn't rely on an e-mail cancellation alone, they can always say that they did not receive the e-mail - happened to me with another hotel group.
 2nd of May, 2009 by   matt 0 Votes
MARRIOTT is pile of shit!
Had the worst hotel eperience of my life at the marriott, and I travel a lot.
No one at the hotel was able to show any sort of compassion to my situation, and refused to call a manager for me to speak with.
Room was supposed to be ready at 3pm, and was not ready when I arrived at 6pm.
Still was not ready at 7pm.
way to much crap to even begin talking about...I just know that I will NEVER stay at the hotel chain ever again, and I will do everything in my power to spread the word that MARRIOTT SUCKS.
PS: the customer service had the audacity to say, "go find another hotel"...when they where 4 hours late on prepairing my room.
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by   Ceyenne 0 Votes
MATT IS A PIECE OF SHIT. Marriott is the best hotel company in the world. I've never had a problem with their hotels and I stay 150+ nights a year. Also, read the cancellation policies before booking you idiot. The world would be better off without the likes of you.
 26th of Oct, 2009 by   charlottemomof6 +1 Votes
I agree with the original post. Marriott is the worst as far as cancelling a reservation. I made an advanced reservation (6months in advance) and two days cancelled the reservation. This is well before the 10 day cancellation policy they have. I still do not have a refund from the charge on my credit card. I have tried to speak to three people at Marriott and they have no clue!!!
 7th of Feb, 2010 by   qa 44 0 Votes
marriott does suck.
 26th of Mar, 2010 by   Mr No Life 0 Votes
Wow, everybody here is sooooo coool, they like... talk shit to people like a year after they posted. See... Now I'm cool just like that Ceyenne person. Ceyenne, you're sooo cool. You must be like super important travelling 150+ times a year... and staying at a Marriott everytime... I'm Jealous... I bet you're a baller. I bet you're sooo cool and busy that you won't even have time to come respond to this comment... I mean, the only person that would have time to do that would be a fat ugly WOW MMORPG person with no life that just went around flaming people online while drinking Code Red, eating left over taco bell, and crapping/LAO'ing in a bucket.

... oh, and the Marriott is for rednecks and butt pirates.
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   all-4-us 0 Votes
: www.marriott@corporateinfo.com; www.consumeraffairs@marriott.com
Subject: FW: Fairfield Inn Marriott [T20100326012NS010Z12217501]
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 19:31:48 -0500

From: carol2665@hotmail.com
To: rewards.procedures@marriott.com
Subject: FW: Fairfield Inn Marriott [T20100326012NS010Z12217501]
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 03:49:57 -0500

In all my e-mail in the subject The band name is there.
I said in my last e-mail this is more troubled then it worth.
1. why is that in my last e-mail that I gave the address of the location and the phone number, how much I payed for each visit. you can't find the location.?
2. Why is it that you say ..you could call for me. What is it that you do.?
3. I look at your web sites.. and I attach the brand name to this e-mail. It has fairfield Inn. Oh my God their is only one brand hotel fairfield Inn Marriott.
4.Once again Seriously ... really .. I'm Just saiding ..Wow ..wOW
5. Now .. you stated I enroll and you told me this. Now I enroll in my room at the hotel that you agree to a statement for using the enternet, which is the home page of the hotel that you stated.
You could see my enrollment day. But you are asking me to give you the Brand name of the only fairfieldInn hotel listed on your web site...
Wow...you clearly are harassing me over point. I am done with this once again.. You made not enjoy being nice to people but I do.

As I mention before this has become more trouble then it worth...

Our Brands

Marriott International, Inc., (NYSE: MAR) is a leading lodging company with more than 3, 000 lodging properties in the United States and 67 other countries and territories.

Marriott Lodging operates and franchises hotels under the following brands:

Marriott Hotels & Resorts
Marriott Conference Centers
TownePlace Suites by Marriott
SpringHill Suites by Marriott
Marriott Vacation Club
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C.
The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club
Marriott ExecuStay
Marriott Executive Apartments

Marriott Hotels & Resorts >>

Flagship brand of quality-tier, full-service hotels & resorts
Provides consistent, dependable, and genuinely caring experiences to guests on their terms
521 Marriott Hotels & Resorts locations worldwide; 343 US, 178 international
- Business centers
- Meeting facilities
- High-speed Internet access is available at many hotels

JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts >>

Most elegant and luxurious Marriott brand
Provides business and leisure travelers a deluxe level of comfort and personal service on their terms
39 JW Marriott Hotels worldwide; 16 US, 23 international

Renaissance Hotels >>

Quality-tier full-service brand providing guests with the ambiance of a boutique
Brand signatures include interior design, a "street" restaurant and savvy service
- Business library and center
- Swimming pool
- Fitness centers
- Conference and banquet facilities
143 Renaissance Hotels, Resorts and Suites; 75 US, 68 international

EDITION Hotels >>

This is the latest edition of luxury boutique hotels and the perfect combination of energetic atmosphere, attitude and style. Each property is distinctive and designed by award-winning hotelier Ian Schrager. And, of course, each EDITION hotel is located in the most attractive destinations around the world.

Autograph Collection >>

The Autograph Collection is a diverse collection of high-personality independent hotels. It plugs you into fresh, inventive and positively unique experiences only an independent can deliver. Plus, it's the only collection where you can book a stay via Marriott.com and earn and redeem Marriott Rewards.

Courtyard by Marriott >>

Courtyard offers travelers the choices and options that let them make the most of their time on the road
More than 800 Courtyard by Marriott locations worldwide in over 28 countries
Features include:
Guest rooms with large, well-lit work desks and ergonomic chairs.
Courtyard Suites® larger rooms available as well.
Free Wi-Fi in public spaces (North and Central America only).
Free high-speed Internet access and plush bedding in all guest rooms.
24/7 access to food at The Market
Business library and on-site business services
Meeting space
Outside courtyard and patio area
Invigorating fitness room
Relaxing pool

Residence Inn by Marriott >>

Designed to provide travelers with everything they need to thrive on long stays
Over 580 Residence Inn by Marriott locations worldwide
Enjoy lower rates for longer stays
Features include:
Spacious suites with separate living and sleeping areas
Fully equipped kitchens
Free grocery delivery service
Free WiFi and in-room high-speed internet access
Inviting outdoor spaces including Sport Court®, swimming pool and barbeque areas
Free evening hospitality hours
Complimentary hot breakfast

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott >>

Provides business and leisure travelers with everything they need at an exceptional value
More than 590 Fairfield Inn and Fairfield Inn & Suites locations in the U.S., Canada and Mexico
Features include:
Friendly and helpful staff to provide all the assistance you need
Free, hot breakfast featuring healthy options
Complimentary high-speed internet service in rooms and Free WiFi in the lobby
Comfortable beds to help you awake refreshed and ready to go
Easy to earn Marriott Rewards for free nights or free flights
It's all backed by a name you can believe in: Marriott

Marriott Conference Centers >>

Quality-tier brand specializing in highly effective small- to mid-sized meetings
13 Marriott Conference Centers in the US
Properties provide:
- The latest audiovisual communications technology
- Experiential learning facilities
- Gourmet conference dining
- Golf
- Recreational/fitness venues

TownePlace Suites by Marriott >>

Mid-priced, extended-stay brand
Provides all the conveniences of home in a residential atmosphere
Launched in 1997
145 TownePlace Suites by Marriott locations in the US

SpringHill Suites by Marriott >>

All-suite hotel offering inspiring style at an affordable price
More than 230 SpringHill Suites by Marriott locations worldwide
Complimentary daily breakfast buffet
Spacious guest suites with separate areas for sleeping, working and relaxing
In-suite microwave and mini-fridge
Pull-out sofa bed
Free Wi-Fi in public spaces and free high-speed internet access in all guest suites
Relaxing pool and whirlpool/spa
Invigorating fitness room
Lobby computer and on-site business services
24/7 access to food and beverages in The Market

Marriott Vacation Club® >>

Marriott Vacation Club is the recognized global leader in timeshare, providing nearly 400, 000 families with a lifetime of unforgettable vacations and an exceptional standard of service.
Choose from more than 50 resorts in some of the most desirable beach, golf and ski destinations worldwide.
Spacious 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom villa accommodations offer all the conveniences of home.
Owners have the option to trade for Marriott Rewards® points, or exchange through membership in Interval International® for access to more than 2, 400 resorts in 75 countries around the world

The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. >>

Worldwide symbol for the finest in accommodations, dining, and service
Twice a recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award
Over 70 Ritz-Carlton hotel and resort locations worldwide
Hotels and resorts offer signature service amenities
Fine dining
24-hour room service
Twice-daily housekeeping
Fitness centers
Business centers
Concierge services

The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club >>

The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club is an equity-based luxury vacation program
Members select either a Home Club Membership which provides use of a residence at a property they can return to every year, or a Portfolio Membership which affords the opportunity to discover a wide variety of worldwide locations and experiences.

Marriott ExecuStay >>

Fully furnished corporate housing to executives and travelers who need temporary accommodations for a month or longer
Features include:
- Well-maintained properties in convenient locations
- Flexible lease terms and options
- Consistently high level of service
- Competitive pricing
Individually selected, attractively furnished and customized to satisfy each individual's needs
ExecuStay apartments are managed in 45 major markets

Marriott Executive Apartments >>

Corporate housing brand designed to meet the needs of business executives on an overseas assignment of 30 days or more
Offer travelers residential accommodations with hotel-like amenities
18 Marriott Executive Apartments internationally

Gift Cards < div>
Incentive Awards
Honeymooon Registry < div>
Affiliates
© 1996 - 2010 Marriott International, Inc. All rights reserved. Marriott proprietary information

Terms of Use

To: rewards.procedures@marriott.com
Subject: RE: Fairfield Inn Marriott [T20100326012NS010Z12217501]
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 20:36:33 -0500

Hello,

why are you still sending me e-mails.? when I stated in my last e-mail I was done. That this is more trouble then it worth... So this is harassment now.

I just sent your letter to several news station and to all the local and state new papers.. Also face book and any blog that I can find. I am also going to send all these e-mail to your investor. who have stock with-in this company...

Are you serious ... really I sent you the address and the location and the phone number to were I was staying and the price of my stay ...

So you must have a problem working for your company or your just not a nice person.

Once a again thank you for all your service.

> Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 06:53:42 -0700
> From: rewards.procedures@marriott.com
> Subject: RE: Fairfield Inn Marriott [T20100326012NS010Z12217501]
> To: carol2665@hotmail.com
> CC:
> Dear Carol Harmon,
> I would be happy to contact the hotel on your behalf but you still have not provided me with the name of the hotel only the brand, "Fairfield Inn Marriott".
> Our Marriott Rewards office is on the receiving end of the information submitted by a hotel. If a stay is not posted, we must have a copy of your hotel receipt to post the missing credit. Our office does not have direct access to your personal billing information at hotels, which is why our terms and conditions state that if a member is missing credit, they should submit a copy of their hotel receipt to our office. This information can be verified on our website at the following link:
> http://marriott.com/rewards/terms/default.mi
> As you do not have easy access to your hotel invoice, I will contact the hotel on your behalf and request your itemized hotel receipt. Please be advised that our hotels vary considerably in their response time to receipt requests. Many of our properties will provide your billing information to our Marriott Rewards office within 10 days of receiving my request, but please be advised that some hotels can take longer to respond. Please be assured that when I receive your receipt from the hotel, I will add all eligible credit.
> In the future, if you would prefer to not wait for the hotel to process our request for your receipt, please keep a copy of the receipt until you see the stay post to your account; you can always request two copies of your receipt at check out. If your stay does not post in seven to ten days after check out, I would be happy to expedite your missing stay addition; simply email by attachment, fax or mail a copy of your hotel bill directly to my personal attention and I will have all eligible credit posted to your Marriott Rewards account within two to three days of receipt.
> I apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
> Regards,
> Vickie F.
> Internet Correspondence Specialist
> Marriott Rewards Guest Services
> This communication contains information from Marriott International, Inc. that may be confidential. Except for personal use by the intended recipient, or as expressly authorized by the sender, any person who receives this information is prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, and/or using it. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately delete it and all copies, and promptly notify the sender. Nothing in this communication is intended to operate as an electronic signature under applicable law.
> On March 27, 2010 at 6:04 PM, "Sasha A." wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I would be happy to give you the information you need...
> >
> >However, I have stay in your hotel before and did not know of your reward program
> >
> >I ask the about it on February 25, 2010 and then sign up on the 26th of February 2010
> >
> >Also I check- in the same day at 3902 Turner Plaza Dr. Abilene Texas 79606.
> >The phone number is : 325-695-2448
> >I stay at the same location on the 6th March and the 20th
> >
> >The cost of each stay is as follow.
> >1. $103.49
> >2. $89.79
> >3. $70.00
> >
> >My first visit I did not get military discount... was never told about it...
> >
> >So you have some employee who ... I would tell Marriott support their Military Troops and are a great asset to your company...
> >
> >But, there should never be ….. But... this is only a job for me and I don't care what you
> >
> >Need... just take your room key and leave me alone.
> >
> >Sorry ... these are the two things I felt after each stay in the hotel.
> >
> >So, I hope this is enough proof for you that I stay at your hotel... because I don't understand why this information wasn't ask for in the being, when you first address the issue..
> >
> >I am in the Military and my father is a Viet ... Now, honor, Trust and your word is everything so... In your first letter you told me when I sign up...
> >
> >Why is it you can't see the last time I stayed at your hotel... But the employee at the hotel can see when the last time I stayed and you can't.
> >
> >Wow, this is turning out to be a lot of work...! This has been such a bad experience for me.
> >
> > It is a beautiful day out and this is the second letter I've had to do just for reward points...
> >Just keep the point
> >> To: carol2665@hotmail.com
> >> CC:
> >> Dear Carol Harmon,
> >>
> >> Thank you for your reply.
> >> Best Regards,
> >> Vickie F.
> >> Internet Correspondence Specialist
> >> Marriott Rewards Guest Services
> >> On March 26, 2010 at 5:04 PM, "Sasha A." wrote:
> >> >Hello,
> >> >
> >> >Thank you for your fast response ...
> >> >
> >> >I did ask each time I stay in the hotel will my points be added and each time I was told yes...
> >> >
> >> >However, I could not have to contact you over reward points. I travel a lot any this would help me.
> >> >
> >> >I'm a contractor and saving on expenses... in this economy, goes a long way.
> >> >Once again
> >> >> To: CAROL2665@HOTMAIL.COM
> >> >> CC:
> >> >> Dear Carol Harmon,
> >> >>
> >> >> Thank you for contacting Marriott Rewards regarding your recent stay.
> >> >>
> >> >> Generally, if a hotel has your account number on file, your stay will post to your account ten days after check-out. Please allow four weeks for properties located outside of the United States.
> >> >>
> >> >> If you will provide me with the name of the hotel and the dates of your stay, I will be happy to assist you in receiving all eligible credit for your recent stay.
> >> >>
> >> >> I see you recently joined the Marriott Rewards program on February 26, 2010. Welcome!
> >> >>
> >> >> I am always happy to assist you with your Marriott Rewards account. Thank you for choosing Marriott.
> >> >> Best Regards,
> >> >> Vickie F.
> >> >> Internet Correspondence Specialist
> >> >> Marriott Rewards Guest Services
> >> >>
> >> >> This communication contains information from Marriott International, Inc. that may be confidential. Except for personal use by the intended recipient, or as expressly authorized by the sender, any person who receives this information is prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, and/or using it. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately delete it and all copies, and promptly notify the sender.. Nothing in this communication is intended to operate as an electronic signature under applicable law.
> >> >> On March 26, 2010 at 2:03 AM, CAROL2665@HOTMAIL.COM wrote:
> >> >> >On March 26, 2010 at 05:03 AM, CAROL2665@HOTMAIL.COM wrote:
> >> >> >
> >> >> >A user has sent a request from the World Wide Web.
> >> >> >Target: rewards.procedures@marriott.com
> >> >> >zip: 75115
> >> >> >country: US
> >> >> >email: CAROL2665@HOTMAIL.COM
> >> >> >rewards number: 790400543
> >> >> >connecting browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6.3; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 2..0.50727; MS-RTC LM 8; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0..0; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; msn OptimizedIE8;ENUS)
> >> >> >JSESSIONID=zC4YCqrLS9xowW2ydK6Fu6q
> >> >> >JVM=sEbizMdcom017a_prd2
> >> >> >VSC=A18A5FD3C7EC5A52
> >> >> >subject:Fairfield Inn Marriott
> >> >> >comments: I have been twice now to the same hotel and haven't got any points .. I don't understand. March 5, 2010 and March 20, 2010
> >> >> >----------- End of Message ----------
> >> >_________________________________________________________________
> >> >Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection.
> >> >http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/210850553/direct/01/
> >_________________________________________________________________
> >Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox.
> >http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID27925::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:032010_2
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   Really? 0 Votes
Holy crap! If I worked for Marriott I would keep emailing you all day long just for the entertainment value!

You are possibly insane...
 2nd of Aug, 2010 by   mrs mojo 0 Votes
I canceled a reservation two months ago and was charged 400 dollars to my account and it was for one night and now they won't give me any credit back or even Co operate with me its like will that's are policy your lost.
 13th of Jan, 2012 by   Gladiator_57 0 Votes
I hate the general manager in Marriott Residence Inn, Longmont. Bill Weiberg - he sucks. We stayed on this Inn for over a month. We had a great experience with all other staff except him. He has business cards with his email on it, but never replied to us.
 19th of Dec, 2012 by   LarryAucoin 0 Votes
I too was the victim of the Marriott sham. I booked a 5 night stay at Vail Marriott Resort, and cancelled 30 days in advance. Reservation says you must cancel within 46 days, but nowhere on the reservation does it define what the cancellation penalty is. I booked the stay with my points (by the way I am a Platinum Premier member), and since I used points, they didn’t have a clue (nor is it defined anywhere), how much to charge me so they randomly charged me over $4, 600. I am willing to pay a “nominal” fee, but I’m not about to pay what they are demanding. I own a company and we spend well over $150, 000 a year with Marriott, but that is all about to end.
 4th of Oct, 2013 by   NoMoreMarriott 0 Votes
Do any of you people actually believe anyone with the Marriott chain actually cares about you?
Do yourselves a favor and boycott them, it's nothing less than they deserve and the only way any customer service changes will happen if dear Mr. Marriott's bottom line is affected.
 9th of Apr, 2014 by   sachin26 0 Votes
I am Sachin Staying in Hotel JW Mariott Mumbai in Room No. 548 From Past 2 Days. There Was Some Technical Issue in Processing The Card for the Payment For Which These People Had not Waited For an Hour Before Which They have Deactivated my Room Key and when I ask about this to a floor Manager He Cant Even Speak Proper English And He says that he would get someone to sort this out for which I had to wait out of the Room for 15 min like a dog. Most Terrifying Experience I have ever Had while Travelling. I gonna Sue this People in Consumer Court with a Defamation Case. This Would happen in 24 hours Time.

4 Uncommon Ways to Earn More Cash