logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
No No Hair Removal
unauthorized use of credit card
2. (20 mins ago)
Evolutionwriters.com
scam
5. (45 mins ago)
uk department@live.com
how to claim the prize amount

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted: 2012-06-03 by    Perturbed Pat

unable to contact

Magazine-agent.com
Oregon
I renewed my Reader's Digest subscription through Magazine-Agent for the first time last year. I got a reminder card in mail saying they would renew and charge my credit card if I didn't cancel renewal by 7/4/12. I cannot contact Magazine-agent. The phone number on the card is unable to connect. Get that annoying message saying 'call cannot be completed at this time'. Found a similar but different number on their website but get same message with it. Tried to go online to cancel but you have to sign in and it won't accept my password. So I clicked on 'forgot password' and it sends me an e-mail that states there is a link to click on to re-set my password but it's not a link. Can't click on it. Can't seem to find any combination of the gibberish they sent me that will form a link. Am beside myself. Want to cancel this subscription but unable to contact Magazine-agent and Reader's Digest isn't interested in helping me since I went thru a second party. Can anyone help me???
Comments United States Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Magazine-Agent.com complaints
Magazine-Agent.com - Renewed without permission

Comments

28th of Nov, 2012 by   ZeroGames 0 Votes
I would call the Federal Trade Commission Bureau of Consumer Protection and make a formal complaint. That is what I am going to do. I have read all the proverbial small print and I did not agree to auto-renew, tried to cancel to no avail. www.ftc.gov Where fraud notifications need to be made. This can even be done online.
 5th of Sep, 2013 by   Mulstay 0 Votes
I would like to put in a change of address for Guidepost and Catholic digest. I have subscriptions paid until 2018 and 2016 respectively. I am now at a new address and I am not receiving my magazines. Where do I put in a change of address. I believe the magazines are being sent to Warrior Alabama, my previous address. Where are the agents that handle this kind of service?
 18th of Nov, 2013 by   Sandra McCleaf 0 Votes
I ordered Readers Digest at renewal Readers Digest.com and got Magazine Agent instead. They tried to charge me more than Readers Digest so I cancelled it. Now on Saturday I got a different magazine I did not ordered. I tried to call them on the phone number on their web site and it said go to Magazine Agent .com/phone and that did not work. I do not want this stupid magazine and don't know how to cancel it !!!
 1st of Jan, 2014 by   Sharron Hammer 0 Votes
I'm experiencing the same issues as already noted!! This is false advertising in my opinion and it seems a good lawyer would get us together for a Class Action suit against this company.
 8th of Feb, 2014 by   Lydia0914 0 Votes
My sister received an invoice for O Magazine (Oprah Magazine) for a subscription that she never ordered!

A few weeks later she received the magazine, but again, she has never ordered a magazine subscription in her life.

Since has refused to pay the invoice Magazine-Agent continues to send invoices with each one becoming more threatening.

I plan to contact the Massachusetts Attorney General Office Consumer Protection Division.

To all who have been scammed by Magazine-Agent I recommend that you contact your state's attorney general.
 3rd of Sep, 2014 by   Kesie 0 Votes
A lot of the above have nothing to do with this company. Magazine-agent.com doesn't even send invoices they say so on there website and that is one of the reasons I love them. I have probably 20 different magazines and all of them are through Magazine-agent.com I have never had the problems stated above. I personally love auto-renew so I don't miss my magazines. Call the 888# on there website you will get there CS I know they will help you.

Tax Refund Scam Circulates Internet