logo

Posted: 2012-01-09 by    trixie2

bad product

Québec
Canada
I wrongfully trusted Kijiji daily deals. Received an offer for a luxurious bathrobe normally selling for 260$ from Luxor Linens but offered by Kijiji daily deals at 99$ Thought it would be a great gift so I purchased it. Took some 3 weeks to receive it and when I did I was furious ! The worst thing I've ever seen and I'm a fashion designer by trade. Very poorly made (unfinished seams) When I washed it to get rid of the excessive starch that held it together, it fell apart at the seams. When I tried to contact Kijiji about this purchase gone wrong all I got for an answer was "to unsubscribe click here" ! Never received an answer until I contacted the BBB (Better Business Bureau) who took charge in no time and finally received an answer and refund from Kijiji.
Luxor Linens is over charging for very crappy products, and Kijiji is pocketing wherever they can and hiding away after charging your credit card. Beware of both. The BBB is the place place to go when you get ripped off !
Comments Canada E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Jan, 2012 by   DinosaurStew 0 Votes
I know. I've bought sheets, for hundreds of dollars, straight from the website. They pilled in the first month. And when I called customer service, they were no help. They tried to make me pay even more money to get them replaced. Nothing but bullshit.
 16th of Jun, 2012 by   JIL51 0 Votes
Thank you so much. I wanted to buy it, but with helpful reviews like yours, I won't waste my $$$$.
 14th of Oct, 2012 by   heidilea 0 Votes
Received Giovani Spa Robe from Luxor Linens today, very disappointing. This looked like the same trash that i got scammed into before that was coming out of sweat shops in China. So thin it is see thru, threads hanging everywhere. Looks like something sold at Wet Seal or Forever 21.
 12th of Dec, 2012 by   hunnycomb 0 Votes
I also bought their online deal from Everybody Buys, but for some Egyptian cotton monogrammed towel sets. When I go to the company's checkout page, I realized that the vouchers I bought doesn't do what it says it should do. I tried contacting them through email only to get slow, unhelpful responses. I can never get through their phone lines either. The good thing is that buying from Everybody Buys, I only bought the voucher value (which was $20 for 4 towel sets), and not the value of the product. I lost $20, but it's better than losing $200+ just to get some towels that ends up being horrible quality.
 12th of Dec, 2012 by   remy51 0 Votes
I bought a $35 Groupon for the $158 Giovanni sheet set. I received the sheets in the gift box I paid extra for. I opened the gift box and could not believe Luxor Linens would send out such crap. The sheets were so thin I could see through them and there was nothing luxurious about them. Cheap garbage made in china. I could spend $20 at my local supermarket and get nicer sheets than this. Thank God I checked them before giving them as a gift! These could not possibly be the sheets advertised on their website because this company would be out of business for selling such an inferior product. Save your money and shop elsewhere...
 19th of Dec, 2012 by   grandma KC 0 Votes
I too purchased the spa robe with monogram. I have yet to receive it so I can't comment on the quality. However, I tried several times to contact customer service to at least ask the status of the order and was never connected. There were unbelievable long wait times. Finally had to hang up after 10-15 minutes. I tried email and never heard from them. Now I am worried that if I had to contact the company for any issues, it would be another futile attempt.
 21st of Dec, 2012 by   bewyd 0 Votes
I'm having the same problem as grandma KC. I bought a voucher from one of those great robe deals, too. Ordered the robe on the 6th because it said to order by the 10th to get it in time for Christmas. Online tracking just says my order is "processed". I've tried calling for 2 days and sat on hold countless times for 10-15 mts until the system tells me they are overwhelmed with calls and hangs up on me. Then today, it just answers, tells you there is no one available to take your call and then disconnects. Also, no response to an email 3 days ago checking on the status. I assume at this point that this Christmas gift is not coming and that if the quality is awful if/when it does arrive, that I won't be able to return it because I had it monogrammed (you know, because they would never, ever sell another robe to a person with the same first initial...). Just don't buy from them. The company seems to be a real mess.
 1st of Jan, 2013 by   kirap 0 Votes
It's been two months and I still haven't received my order for linens. I also read that If I ordered by a certain time, I would receive my order before Christmas. I have tried emailing them and gotten no response and calling them is pointless because they don't answer their phones. At this point, I am demanding that Groupon give me a refund because this is ridiculous. I feel like I have been scammed!!! But based on the reviews, maybe it's a good thing I never received my order based on the quality of the linens...
 3rd of Jan, 2013 by   grandma KC +1 Votes
Well...I finally received the robe I ordered and I am truly disappointed with the merchandise. In all honesty, I don't truly know what Egyptian cotton is supposed to feel or look like, but what I received is an inferior product that is not at all what I expected. The material is extremely thin, transparent and of low-grade quality. I am sorry and angry that I paid for what I ordered and if it were not for the monogram, it certainly would be returned ASAP. I will never, ever purchase another product from Luxor Linens.
Grandma KC
 3rd of Jan, 2013 by   plain*jane +1 Votes
I too purchased the LivingSocial deal for $35 sheets - reg $158 - they are a joke! So thin - they are probably 30 thread count, and stitching is horrible too. Target's basic line of sheets is better than these. Doubt they will last a month. When I placed a negative review on the sheets the written portion never appeared, but the star level dropped to 3 stars ... magically, 10 mins later, 4 more positive reviews appeared and the stars were back up to 5 again. They are removing negative reviews from their site. Do not waste your money!
 8th of Jan, 2013 by   LivingSocial buyer2012 0 Votes
Luxor Linens is only out for a buck, they don't care about the customer, they don't care about their product, or customer service. ...seriously. You will not be able to cancel your order, they do not respond to your emails, your phone calls, or your BBB complaints. It's all coming out in the wash soon.
 8th of Jan, 2013 by   Nevershopatluxorlinenes 0 Votes
I wish i had read this reveiw before i made my purchase. I also purchased a living social vouchure and got two robes and i bought an extra beach towel.it's been over a month and i am still waiting for my items.i have repeatedly emailed the company asking for the order status and no reply.I am furious and will never shop here or living social ever again.this has been my second big let down from living social.
 24th of Jan, 2013 by   tweetysb +1 Votes
Ordered 2 sets of sheets from the Today Show-Jills steals and deals. Sheets came nicely package. I opened them and couldn't believe how thin and poorly made. I will keep the one set as I opened it and washed it first. I want to return the one set. There was nothing enclosed as to returning them. I want to send the unopened set back. Does anyone suggest best way to do this.
 28th of Jan, 2013 by   AngryBuyer13 0 Votes
I noticed Luxor Linens had lost its accreditation with the Better Business Bureau - saying they were revoked for having so many complaints! 45 in the last 12 months! I'm glad to see a rip off company coming to justice for all to see.
 1st of Feb, 2013 by   ToniLouise 0 Votes
I too ordered from the Today show. Jill's Steals and Deals. I ordered 3 sheet sets costing $162.00. When I received them I was so disappointed in the quality. Sewn poorly and completely see thru. I wrote to Jill Martin at the Today show and told her that this was a poor pick for her segment. I ordered a lot of things from her show and this was not a good choice for her viewers. I never expected a refund, but the Today show responded to me immediately and then contacted Luxor Linens. Within a week I received a FULL REFUND and an apology letter.
 17th of Apr, 2013 by   JILL DUNBROOK 0 Votes
NEVER, NEVER, ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!! I mistakenly trusted in the kijiji deal of the day for the Giovanni monogrammed sheet set. It arrived, but was terrible quality, certainly not worth the "value " they claimed it to be, $185. for great price of $59. The microfibre sheets were so thin, they were transparent, and were not deep pocket, did not even come close to fitting the mattress. After many attempts to email, and phone Luxor Linens directly, ( about one month went by) finally contacted BBB and made a claim through Paypal. sending them copies of all my attempts to contact company. Miracle upon miracles, within days, a response from company offering to give me 20% back off my original purchase, and a $25. gift certificate for a future purchase, if I could give them another chance. Like, as if. Paypal got me a refund in full.
 23rd of Sep, 2013 by   JoJo36 0 Votes
I just purchased a set of Luxor Linens 1000 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets from Ozsale. When I opened the package I did think they felt rather cheap and flimsy, but really had no idea what they should feel like.. I attempted to get them onto the bed and they were so tight I thought I'd ordered double instead of Queen... I checked the packaging and they were indeed Queen, so I continued to try getting them on the bed, but I didn't use force...Well the sheet tore in one corner big time. I have since looked over the workmanship and it is absolutely terrible. There is stitching coming undone all over the place, holes all along the edges and loose cotton hanging off it everywhere! Appalling! I am currently trying to get a refund from Ozsale, but no response as yet.
 12th of Dec, 2013 by   JenniDJ8 0 Votes
I also purchased the Luxor linens 1000 thread count sheets from ozsale and am appalled at the poor quality and craftsmanship. The sheets are soooo thin and I don't know how they can use the word "luxury" in their title! I bought two sets and opened and washed one set but want to return the second set. I too have had no response from Ozsale so will be taking it up with the ACCC!!!
 12th of Jan, 2014 by   Cheri W. 0 Votes
I purchased a voucher through Living Social for a set of sheets from Luxor Linens. First it took forever to get them. I had to contact Luxor Linens numerous times and Living Social two times before they shipped out to me. When I received them I set them aside. Thinking I might want to put them on my bed today I took them out of the package and noticed a stain on the fitted sheet. I thought I might as well wash them to see if I could get the stain out. The stain didn't come out. I am very disappointed and intend to contact both Living Social as well as Luxor Linens tomorrow (today is Sunday) to try to get a refund. I wish I had read the reviews posted here before I purchased this deal.
 11th of Mar, 2014 by   JILL DUNBROOK 0 Votes
WOW - how are these people allowed to continue doing business with so many complaints against them?

Flu Season Widespread and Increasing