logo

www.worldresortpromo.info
THEY ARE A SCAM
5. (1 hr 25 mins ago)
bellojewelsonline.com
I got completely different ring

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Love Valley Complaints & Reviews - Stay far far away from this place

Love Valley Contacts & Informations

Love Valley

Posted:    Valerie

Stay far far away from this place

Love Valley
www.lovevalley.com
I and the folks from the riding stable I board my horses at recently took our first out of state camping trip and decided to go to Love Valley, NC which is the self proclaimed "cowboy capital" of the country and a "horseman's paradise" and why we decided to go because looking at the website it looked really neat. When we pulled into the area, I looked around and prayed that what I was seeing wasn't Love Valley but it was. The place is an absolute trash hole. There are hundreds of permanent, cheap, redneck campers with permanent roofs attached to them. They're an eye sore and there are so many of them. They're campers meant to live in for a weekend or so, but the people in the town live in them permeate. There are large piles of construction material and trash everywhere, not like in a small discreet area, but on the sides of roads and in front of houses and in front of stores, it's like they were just too lazy to put the stuff up. There was a pile of discarded toilets in one lot and in another a giant pile of wood, bedsprings, and metal that was burnt to a crisp. One of the "bathhouses" was literally a shack with a water hose and 2 black barrels on the roof which served as the "hot water heater". The bathrooms and bath houses were a nightmare. Our bathhouse was a little shack that hadn't been cleaned in god knows when. There were used razors and soap in the shower from the last campers. The floor had 3 inches of dirt on it and the toilet seat was covered in dead moths. The pipes were rusty and made the water smell horrible, so you literally smelled worse coming out then in. To really drive the nail home, there was no hot water. We called and complained and the "employees" said they would fix it, but they blatantly lied to us about it, they had no intention of fixing it and gave us a lie about needing an electrician, but we knew that was a lie because one of the riders with us was an experienced electrician. I don't think the bath house has ever had hot water. They let us use another bath house, I was the first to use it and when I pulled back the shower curtain, there was a nest of spiders in the bottom and ceiling and along the sides. I killed about 6 spiders and had one of the most paranoid showers of my life. The toilet was full of dead beetles. The place hadn't been washed in god knows when and they were too lazy to put down bug spray and the place was infested with spiders and bugs. The town was billed as an "old western" town but in fact was a ghost town. It had a total of 5 stores, 2 of which were for sale. There were no restaurants, no decent stores. The closest restaurant was 14 miles away and was literally a Citgo gas station with a fryer. There were no fast food chains, not even a McDonald's. We had to drive 30 miles for a sit down restaurant. The nearest grocery store is 25 miles away. There were 2 bars in the town which were called "saloons" but were really run down bars that blared music across the campsite at night. Our camp site was next to a busy road, there were a lot of diesel trucks and a lot of drunk horse riders. I was too often woken at 3 am by drunken cowboys riding by and yelling. There aren't any cops and rules aren't followed there and there’s a lot of public drunkenness. The trails are all on the road and there are no "forest trails". Oh and the town is racist. Coming into the camp site there was a permanent resident trailer with a "porch monkey" on the porch, which was a little black man dressed in a pet monkey suit, eating watermelon with exaggerated "black" features. It was disgusting. Also one of our riders was black and they were very rude and unfriendly to him. It's billed as a "Christian cowboy" retreat, more like they're all a bunch of backward racists. The place was just a HUGE disappointment and dirty and racist and run down and poorly managed and just crappy. Go somewhere else to ride your horses, we would have had much more fun if we had stayed local or went to a national/state park. This place isn't worth the money to get there. I think 40 years ago it was a "cool" place, but now it's a dump. Stay away.

Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Love Valley complaints
Love Valley - Horse Thieves

Comments

13th of Aug, 2008 by   san +1 Votes
I do not know what part of Love Valley you went to but this is not the norm for here. Me and my family kids included go there all the time. There is a restaurant in town that is open on weekends. It is not fine dining like you seem to be used to. Most of this is primative camping which obviously you are not used to either. There are plenty of trails off the road perhaps if you had not seemed so snooty some of the locals would have shown you them. And there are grocery stores and sit down restaurants within 10 miles of the place if you could see past your own nose long enough to ask someone. And there are plenty of "black riders" and other groups that go there and never had a problem. Perhaps the problem lies with what you are looking for. Not a place to go camp and enjoy the outdoors but more of a resort that you may be catered to.
 11th of Sep, 2008 by   DARLA +2 Votes
YOU ARE WRONG ON SO MANY OF THE REMARKS YOU MADE ABOUT LOVE VALLEY. I HAVE OWNED A CABIN THERE FOR 8 YEARS, SO I FEEL I AM VERY QUALIFIED TO DISPUTE YOUR CLAIMS. YOU MAY HAVE SEEN SOME PLACES UNDER CONSTRUCTON THERE, BUT IF YOU WANTED A PICTURE PERFECT ARRIVIAL YOU SHOULD HAVE LET THE TOWN KNOW YOU WANTED A PARADE WHEN YOU ARRIVED. THERE ARE MANY TRAILS AND THEY ARE NOT ON THE ROAD. THERE ARE FREE MAPS OF THE TRAILS AT EVERY BUSINESS IN THE TOWN. ALSO, I HAVE NEVER SEEN A BLACK PERSON BEING TREATED AS YOU SAY IN LOVE VALLEY. IT SEEMS TO ME THAT YOU ARE THE RUDE ONE AND MY FRIENDS AND MYSELF HOPE YOU DO NOT COME BACK TO LOVE VALLEY. IT IS YOUR KIND THAT WE DO NOT NEED HERE. THE PEOPLE THAT LIVE AND WORK IN LOVE VALLEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN GREAT TO ME AND MY FAMILY. SOME OF THE NICEST PEOPLE I HAVE EVER MET ARE THERE. I HAVE HAD THEM TO OPEN THEIR BUSINESS ON SUNDAY TO GET ME SUPPLIES THAT I NEEDED TO FIX BROKEN PIPES SO THAT I WOULD HAVE WATER FOR THE WEEK. I HAVE EVEN HAD A PLUMBER COME TO MY CABIN AND FIX THINGS FOR ME FOR FREE, JUST TO LEND A HELPING HAND. THATS THE KIND OF PEOPLE THAT LIVE AND WORK IN LOVE VALLEY. NOT THE KIND THAT WOULD DROWN IF IT RAINS.
SIGNED,
GLAD YOUR NOT COMING BACK
 17th of Nov, 2008 by   TRENA +2 Votes
MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE CHECKED AROUND A LITTLE MORE BEFORE YOU COMMITTED TO THE PLACE YOU STAYED AT. I RENT OUT A CABIN AND HOUSE AT BLACKSMITH COVE. THEY ARE BOTH EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAN AND ARE SANITIZED BETWEEN EACH AND EVERY VISITOR THAT WE HAVE. WE MAY HAVE AN OCCASIONAL SPIDER OR TWO, BUT I TRY MY DARNDEST TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS SPICK AND SPAN BEFORE ANYONE ARRIVES.

SOMETIMES, WHEN YOU GO BARGAIN HUNTING, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU STAYED, BUT I DON'T THINK I WOULD WANT TO STAY THERE EITHER.

AS BUSINESS OWNERS, WE WANT EVERYTHING TO BE AS NICE AS POSSIBLE FOR THE PEOPLE THAT VISIT WITH US. WE OFFER AN ACTUAL HOUSE AND CABIN WITH SAT. TV RECEPTION, FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHENS, FULL BATHS WITH ALL LINENS AS WELL
AS CHARCOAL GRILLS. OUR HOUSE SLEEPS SIX EASILY AND THE CABIN IS SET UP FOR TWO PEOPLE. EACH PROPERTY HAS IT'S OWN PRIVATE BARN WITH INDIVIDUAL STALLS FOR YOUR HORSES. THE STALLS ARE CLEANED AND HAVE FRESH BEDDING PUT DOWN BETWEEN EACH AND EVERY VISITOR WE HAVE. WE HAVE NUMEROUS REPEAT VISITORS. MANY ARE FROM AS FAR AWAY AS FLORIDA AND TEXAS, AND RECENTLY FROM CANADA. SO FAR, WE'VE NOT HAD ANY COMPLAINTS.

THERE ARE PLENTY OF TRAILS OFF THE ROADS AND HIGHWAYS. THERE ARE ALSO TRAIL MAPS THAT SHOW THEIR LOCATIONS. THEY WERE CREATED BY THE LV HORSEMANS ASSOCIATION. I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU WEREN'T INFORMED ABOUT THE TRAILS OR MAPS UNLESS YOU DIDN'T ASK.

THE TOWN OF LOVE VALLEY ISN'T BILLED AS A LUXURY RESORT. NOR IS IT ADVERTIZED AS ANOTHER FORT WORTH. IT'S JUST WHAT IT SAYS IT IS... A SMALL WESTERN TOWN. THE PEOPLE THERE LIVE SIMPLY AND DON'T REQUIRE A MALL TO SHOP IN FOR THEIR ENTERTAINMENT. THERE IS A GENERAL STORE (WHERE YOU CAN EAT ANYTHING FROM A HOT DOG, HAMBURGER STEAK TO A TACO OR CHICKEN SALAD), A TACK SHOP, A HARDWARE STORE THAT SELLS MOST EVERYTHING (INCLUDING METAL FOR ROOFS), A BLACKSMITH SHOP, MOONSHINE GIFTS, A RENTAL BARN, A COUNTRY STORE, MISS KITTY'S BOARDING HOUSE, JACK'S BAR AND THE SILVER SPUR SALOON. MOST PEOPLE THAT COME TO LOVE VALLEY COME TO RIDE, NOT SHOP. AND THE TOWN ADVERTIZES THAT MOST OF THE STORES ARE OPEN ON THE WEEKENDS AND NOT THROUGH THE WEEK.

YOU ALSO DON'T JUDGE DISTANCES VERY WELL. STATESVILLE IS 12 MILES FROM LOVE VALLEY AND HAS EVERY KIND OF RESTURANT YOU COULD POSSIBLY WANT TO EAT AT. PHIL'S CITGO IS ONLY 5-6 MILES FROM THE TOWN OF LOVE VALLEY. YES, THEY DO HAVE A GRILL AND FRYER. THEY MAKE SOME REALLY GOOD FRIED CHICKEN TOO.

THERE ARE ALWAYS PEOPLE THAT SHOULDN'T DRINK. THAT'S NOT A LOCATION THING. IT'S A PEOPLE THING.

ALTHOUGH I HATE YOU HAD SUCH A BAD EXPERIENCE, I THINK YOU COULD HAVE IMPROVED THINGS FOR YOURSELF IF YOU HAD TRIED. AND IF YOU EVER DO WANT TO CAMP AT LOVE VALLEY AGAIN, THE NICEST CAMPGROUND THERE WOULD BE THE CHRISTIAN CAMPGROUND, ALSO KNOWN AS LOVE VALLEY CAMPGROUND, OWNED BY TONY AND WENDY.

MAYBE THE PERSON THAT RECOMMENDED THE PLACE YOU STAYED DIDN'T HAVE STANDARDS AS
HIGH AS THE ONES YOU HAVE.
 25th of Nov, 2008 by   quint +2 Votes
I have to disagree with that complaint, I have been going to love valley riding horse with my whole family and we absolutely love the atmosphere. Everyone is friendly and dont give you a long nose, its nice to go there just to get away from the rat race of everyday life it does feel like you have gone back in time. I even drive up there to eat at the country store on a friday night if the weather is raining or cold in the winter, I believe in supporting the local patrons, because they are good enough to provide the service at least I can help them out. As far as the look of love valley who cares its a weekend getaway and did anyone ever see sky scrapers on gunsmoke I didnt? Its a very relaxed town and I love going there and will tell people who havent been there, because nobody there has ever done me any wrong. I am local I live in the statesville area and are glad we have a town like love valley to go to and ride horse and let it all hang out.
thanks love valley and especially Andy Barker for starting and keeping his childhood dream alive.
 7th of Jul, 2009 by   LVHA Member II +2 Votes
I live within 10 miles of LV and am involved & have served as an Officer in LVHA (Love Valley Horseman's Assoc.) for many years.Aand yes, I can agree that coming into town it could be very deceiving. There are in fact toilets, old tin and "junk piles" as well as a partical construction site which has not been kept clear of high weeds etc. But for the most part the town is clean. Unfortunatley as I said "it is deceiving due to the worst "junk piles" are as you come into town. And yes there are older campers and such that locals use but there are also some very nice homes as well as nice camping areas for out-of-town vistors. There are several places to eat with-in LV, one which I personally recommend is The General Store which is clean, hospitable and has great food. Another is Jack's Place which is not called a "saloon" more of a pub which offers pizza & cold beer. The only "saloon" in town is the Silver Spur Saloon and they also have a kitchen w/ a full menu. The hospitality is lacking somewhat with some of the staff but all in all it is clean as well. There are several stores, such as the tack store, stores to pick up t-shirts, ice and a cold drink. No "mall-shopping" per say but most people don't come to LV to shop! Now, as far as the trails go, LVHA leases all the trails that are available in LV. The trails are paid for with yearly memberships. $28 per family, $16.00 per single membership per year. LVHA has NO trails that are on roads with the exception of The Creek Trail but only for a short distance and on a very remote road and there are trails to advoid the road all together! All trails are wooded, along creeks, such as everyone favorite" The Creek Trail, Pinto Bean Trail etc. LVHA has trail maps of all trails available in town at Jack's Place as well as the LVHA Store. For those of you whom visit and ride the trails you are riding for free and that's ok. But please hold your remarks unless you are 100% + that you know what you are talking about. For those of you who visit and no where the trails are, places to eat and where to camp, LVHA would truly appreciate your memembership or even a donation to help keep the trail open as well as clean. The trails of LV are not leased, owned or governed by The Town of Love Valley, they are only there for our use due to the hardwork and devotion of the memebers of The Love Valley Horseman's Assoc. ONLY!!! IF by chance you ever decided to give LV another chance please contact an LVHA Office or Board member for appropriate lodging and maps. We have excellent trails that I believe you would enjoy them. And yes, it is a cowboy town so there is a little nipping of spirits going on.
 22nd of Sep, 2009 by   LoveValleyDreaming +3 Votes
Love Valley is fashioned to be like an old Dodge City Ghost Town...and it looks like a ghost town Sunday-Thursday, but the town comes alive Friday-Sunday during the season [Easter-Halloween]. Love Valley is very similar to other towns. Depending on the area & amount your willing to pay. Love Valley offers $10 camping but they also offer, what our Mayor loving calls the "Country Club" - Love Valley Campground - which is family owned and operated, with an owner who enforces the campground rules ensuring a family fun visit that is restful and relaxing - of course the "country-club" is about $20 more per weekend but it is well worth it.
 19th of Mar, 2010 by   yankie girl +2 Votes
WELL, MAYBE THIS ISN' T THE PLACE FOR CITY PEOPLE!!! SORRY IF YOU WHERE TERRIFIED OF BUGS! HATE TO TELL YOU THAT THERE ARE MORE BUGS IN THE WOODS!! SERIOUSLY YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO YOUR HOTEL ROOM AND STAY INSIDE. BY THE WAY, MOST OF THOSE ARE WORSE THAN SLEEPING OUTSIDE. I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU OWN A HORSE. YOU MIGHT WANT TO LOOK INTO A NEW HOBBIE. THE OTHER COMMENTS ON LOVE VALLEY SAY IT ALL. IF YOU'RE NOT COUNTRY, DO NOT GO TO LOVE VALLEY. YOU MIGHT GET DIRTY RIDING THE TRAILS OR SWINGING ON THE ROPE SWING OR JUMPING IN THE CREEK. YOU WOULD REALLY HATE THAT!! LOVE VALLEY IS A GREAT PLACE TO GO AND GET AWAY FROM THE RAT RACE OF EVERYDAY GRIND STONE LIFE. PEOPLE LIKE YOU COMING TO LOVE VALLEY WOULD ONLY SPOIL IT. SO, PLEASE VACATION SOMEWHERE ELSE. WE LIKE TO BE AROUND OTHERS WHO ENJOY THE COUNTRY LIFE AND CAMPING WITH MARSHMALLOWS AND LIGHTING BUGS. IT'S A COUNTRY THING!!! YOU JUST WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND.
 15th of Apr, 2010 by   love valley girl +2 Votes
you are so wrong i was raised in love valley i know .. all the ppl there are so nice my family still lives there . if you was a true country girl boy you might have got what you wonted this is not a place for you to sip wine and cry about every thing you come here you get slap ass drunk and act like a fool because no one cares . and there has been a big group of( blacks) that ride up there every year so i dont know where you got that we are races that shit is funny lol. I have never seen a nasty bathroom here and i have been in them and took showers in just about all of them . an if you would have went in the wood you would have found trails they are there you just got to get a little down and dirty . i dont think this place is for you so please dont come back we dont wont you . thanks
 20th of May, 2010 by   Urmomma +1 Votes
Actually, Love Valley is known by surrounding communities for being so racist. Maybe some people there are blind to it or just in denial or just don’t want it to look like a bad place. I have been there, and it is pretty obvious. Oh and it looks so trashy. It needs to be cleaned up. It can be country without being trashy.
 20th of May, 2010 by   KIM HOLLAD 0 Votes
O.K, MY TURN AT THIS . I TOO GO TO LOVE VALLEY AND YEA IT SEEMS A LITTLE ROUGH AROUND THE EDGES BUT I LOOK AT LIKE THIS, IF YOU ARE SO DISGUSTED AT THE TRASH AND SO FORTH THEN WHY NOT GRAB A POKE AND FILL IT UP AND THROW IT AWAY! I'M SURE NO ONE WOULD MIND BUT ASK ANYHOW. AFTER ALL IT ONLY TAKES ONE PERSON TO START A TREND. I ALWAYS PICK UP BEHIND MYSELF BUT NOT EVERYONE DOES SO AREN'T YOU GLAD EVERYONE'S DIFFERENT! WHO KNOWS MAYBE OTHERS WILL FOLLOW YOU AND HELP CLEAN UP SO THAT EVERYINE WILL LOOK AT THIS "OLD COUNTRY TOWN" NOT THE HILTON, DIFFERENTLY. DIRECTING MY ATTENTION TO THE RACIST THING, IT''S JUST THAT, A THING. EVERYONE IS CREATED EQUAL AND SURELY TREATED EQUAL. COLOR DON'T BOTHER ME, BUT PEOPLE THAT LIKE TO GRIPE DO!! GET REAL!! OH YEA, I'M GOING MEMORIAL WEEKEND !
 19th of Jul, 2010 by   TANTEDMEAT +1 Votes
i agree with the person who said they are racists ITS TRUE .love valley is racist place it looks western. now how many of ya'll whites or even blacks has seen one or even maybe a group of black people in a western movie hell not me i got people on my job that wears the love valley shirts all the time and when a black says hey they turn they head and don't speak they even spit on the ground where the black person ways standing now you tell me that aint racists, to me that old community of cains that yall call a town should only be used for a haunted house and to the blsck people don't go you might get strung up by the neck with a rope and burned alive by the love valley mob and if you are mixed, indian, hispanic or look black don't go because i heard they call ya'll traitors and beat you until its no life in you.
 16th of Sep, 2010 by   Lonnie Webster 0 Votes
You should have met Andy and the rest wouldn't have mattered.
 16th of Sep, 2010 by   Lonnie Webster 0 Votes

9th of Nov, 2010 by   SmokeyMountains 0 Votes
Place is very disappointing. I live in eastern NC and to be honest we'll never go back. Thought it was going to feel more like the old west but it was just a dumpy little place and a campground. If you are going to ride your horse and want to be in a real western town, this ain't it. I'd recommend doing a cattle drive or something along those lines if you really want to be on your horse feeling like the old west. As far as people being racist... depends on the people but there are racist in love valley... people told jokes and looked around to see "who" was around before telling the racist joke. If you live in NC then racism is a certainty; go up into the mountains where people live primitive and you've walked back a few years in race progressions. If you say its not true, you are the one being dishonest.
 13th of Apr, 2011 by   R. Jernigan 0 Votes
Look this about the stupidest thing I have ever seen! Look lady, you don't like the place. hey great for you ! So What ? take a different direction on your next trip ! Problem solved! And shut up already ! as for the Racist thing. All kinds of people come and go from LV and its not yours or anyone else s duty to monitor the opinion of others but so far we have never seen evidence of that in LV. Seems to me you have no idea what being outside is all about ! I mean there are Bugs in the great out doors.
 13th of Apr, 2011 by   donna dyawanna? +1 Votes
lolololol!! I LAUGHED ALL THE WAY THROUGH HER TIRADE. She's right about much of Love Valley. There's drunkenness, fights, and saloons. There's music and fun and cowboys everywhere (why do you think I go there??). I've never seen or heard of any racism. The porch monkey is an old relic. an antique. There are lots of old relics around there. The ghost town is only a ghost town during the day when everybody but the snobby city slickers are riding the MILES and MILES and MILES of forested trails. She and her crew were probably too snotty to even ask what the program was. There are SO MANY forested trails that you HAVE to hire a guide if no one in your party knows the trails. It the LAW.
Yep, there's bugs. Spiders too. Those little shacks and campers are not permanenet dwelling places for the locals. They are weekend shacks (some are cute--some not), that are built on little towney lots that are never sold but leased by the year. THERE IS NO MCDONALDS HONEY!!! We go there to get away...it's a rustic place...what old west town had a contract with the exterminators???? If you think the way this lady does, please stay as far away from Love Valley as you can. We don't want you there and you'll hate it! The restaurants are in the saloons. They have GOOOD food. If she drove 30 miles to a McD's that's just pitiful. Get your head out of your butt and say, "Hi!! Y'all know where I can get a decent meal in this town?"
Now if you think that my version sounds the least little bit fun, then y'all come on down. Just remember...what happens at love valley will beat your ass home!! HeeHaw!
 14th of Apr, 2011 by   lovevalleygirl +1 Votes
It Is what It Is, If ya don't like it stay the hell away the folks here in the valley won't loose sleep!
 18th of Apr, 2011 by   VA girl +1 Votes
I've never been but have heard it's pretty rough.. I can't see taking my kids there. I have heard drunks ride through town/camp yelling and causing problems..
My impression is, if you want to PARTY with your horse, go to Love Valley...
 2nd of May, 2011 by   marnie10 0 Votes
ok my turn...love valley is a good town rough around the edges but is is a western place to go...there are drunks and trouble makers everywhere in the world and if you have not noticed there are also raciest every where as well. They do have a lot of things to do there and only one saloon and it is fun to go there to..The only time you have a bad problem would be memorial day week end it does tend to get a little rough but no one has ever been harm or killed or stuff messed with because they all look after each other there. they are bugs and spiders in you house as well they are every where that is why you clean..if you go to a different camp site or pitch a tent or even a hotel you gonna find the same things there as well and bed bugs to..So if you don't like the country don't go back you will not be missed...
 22nd of May, 2011 by   lifeiswhatumakeit 0 Votes
First I must say the original comment that shows up FIRST is from 2008!!! which ticks me off!!
Things have really improved since then. yes, there was a time when Love valley earned a reputation, but I've been coming up here since 1987 riding horses, camping, enjoy friends and yes, to party. If you had a bad experience in the past I will suggest you come back. (and maybe with a better attitude).
Check out some new accomodations, the new owners of the Silver Spur bar and GREAT restaurant!!! And for those who hate critters...stay @ Miss Kitty's, or in cabins at Blacksmith Cove. Those run about $100.00 per night (higher on holiday weekends). They are VERY nice places to stay.
And if you do CAMP...expect rual camping!! This is not and has never claimed to be a state funded park!!! Everything done around here is out of the OWNERS pocket, once again NOT state funded! There are PLENTY of trails! You can ride for days up here. GET A TRAIL MAP! YEP we gott'em!
This is a place I've ALWAYS enjoyed coming to relax, let my hair down and NOT worry about impressing no one for a few days. We can all "go back" to our uptight lives when we leave! And really, I've stayed at 5 star resorts and have had bad experiences, that does NOT mean every trip will be bad. Try to live life a little less stressful!! I'd like to meet the person who has EVERYTHING perfect every day...PLEASE find me...I'd love to hear your story!! jus sayin...

Gift Card Scam - It's The Latest Scam to Watch Out For!

Latest Groups