logo

Forlan Wilson
scam of package
3. (6 mins ago)
Stickershoppe.com
I will never shop there again and encourage you to shop from other sticker shops that will not insult your intelligence
4. (12 mins ago)
Phone message - call

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Living Media India Limited Complaints & Reviews - Unsolicited VPP!

Living Media India Limited Contacts & Informations

Living Media India Limited

Posted:    Ravi Meghani

Unsolicited VPP!

Living Media India Limited has sent me a VPP parcel and I am supposed to pay Rs. 525 at post office to collect. I haven't even ordered any books. This company is sending unsolicited parcels hoping people will pay up and collect parcels from post office.
Comments India Books
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Jul, 2007 by   rakhi sen 0 Votes
I received three set of books which i didn't order from India Today Book Club delivered by Living Media India Limited. My family paid Rs. 500 and Rs. 25 also to the speed post delivery person thinking this is a genuine order.

I have mailed a letter to a lady named Ms. Neha Kant at india today and a letter was couriered to Living Media India Ltd whose address was at the invoice along with the books delivered to me but no response even after a week.
 26th of Jul, 2007 by   Digvijay Singh 0 Votes
Even I received a VPP from Living Media India Limited. I am supposed to pay Rs. 1145 at post office to collect the same. I haven't even ordered any books. This is ridiculous.
 2nd of Aug, 2007 by   Ravi Krishnamoorthy 0 Votes
Today VPP has come and postman asked me to pay Rs.398/- One book Time Management I received. I don't know the amount is towards cost of the book or renewal subscription. I don't really understand such a big company force the subscriber of Reader's Digest to subscribe. This kind of attitude will definitely place the subscriber to think of withdrawing the subscription. Instead, it is a good corporate [practice you send the next month magazine and request for renewal of subscription. I am really feel sorry for such an attitude by a big company like Living Media India Ltd. I expect a suitable explanation for this.
 2nd of Aug, 2007 by   Ravi Krishnamoorthy 0 Votes
I feel it is more or less an harassment for a genuine subscriber
 8th of Aug, 2007 by   P.J.V. ARPUTHARAJ 0 Votes
During August 2007 1st week i have placed an online order through SBI Credit Card promo scheme for a combo offer of books of ENCYCLOPEDIA OF GREAT MINDS, HARRY POTTER AND DEATHLY HOLLOWS and QUIZ MASTERS.

I was delivered only two books and the third book titled ENCYCLOPEDIA OF GREAT MINDS was not in the package. I was trying to contact living media over phone no's mentioned in the invoice 011-64583745, 64583692 for three days constantly, but no response for the trials.

I strongly believe LIVING MEDIA IS A willfull cheat, i want the consumer court to intervene and punish such hooligans. I have paid Rs. 399/- for the book which i have not received at all.

SBI Card division should also verify the credibility of such organizations before tying up fro promo schemes.
 9th of Aug, 2007 by   Hemanth Padmakar 0 Votes
I think, I even had become one of the scape goats of the Living Media India Ltd. On July 9th, I've bought books worth Rs.650. Having a lot of faith in India today, I preferred paying via credit vard to VPP. But now, I realize how deceitful they are. They won't lift the phone, nor do they respond to any of the chain of mails that I've been sending almost everyday. This is of serious concern.
 16th of Aug, 2007 by   Sudhakar Tiwari 0 Votes
Same here. I am also facing the same problem with Living media India Ltd. On August 15th, I came through one promo through 123greetings related to india today book club. Seeing beautiful books at affordable prices I applied and paid through credit card. Now I am ruing the decision. May God come handy and help me through this situation. Guys staying in Delhi please take up a case in consumer court related to this company.
 20th of Aug, 2007 by   chandru 0 Votes
I bought few books on last march. I have opted for cash on delivery. The books were on good condition and no problem with that. But now living media has sent me few more books which I have not ordered and I have to pay 525rs to collect it.
 13th of Dec, 2007 by   Srinivas 0 Votes
The same thing happens to me. I am yet to received a VPP of Rs.500 from living media, from which I didn't ordered any thing. Last year I subscribed and purchased some books. But now without ordering repeatedly they are sending VPP and forced us to take the delivery by paying for which nothing was ordered. This is the second time it happened in consecutive months. I think, some action has to be taken to such type of acts.
 24th of Dec, 2007 by   puneet sachdeva 0 Votes
WARNING

STOP MAKING FOOL OF US

Living Media India Limited has sent me a VPP parcel and I am supposed to pay Rs. 420 at post office to collect. I haven't even ordered any books. This company is sending unsolicited parcels hoping people will pay up and collect parcels from post office.this is useless please stop this strategy.
 2nd of Jan, 2008 by   M.Sivaraman 0 Votes
Living Media India had sent a special promo offer assuring lots of gifts along with subscription of India Today for 2 years. My payment as been debited in my card two months back and still i havent received any edition of India Today Book as well as the assured free gifts. They are trying to lure people into subscribing for India Today and they do not respond after receiving the payment.
 31st of Mar, 2008 by   Pratima Agarwal 0 Votes
I received a VPP parcel from living Media India limited (VPP No. 239620 dated March 04, 2008), for which I am supposed to pay Rs. 525/- and collect the parcel.

I am suprised to note this as so far, I did not place any order to Living Media India.

Fortunately, before paying the amount and collecting the parcel, I could get access to this site and came to know that I am not teh only one to whom the Parcles of thsi sort are being sent. This is ridiculous. anyway, I am not going to collect the parcel.
 1st of Apr, 2008 by   deepak S 0 Votes
Even i have received a VPP parcel many a times saying i had ordered for the books, which i had never ordered. Yesterday i received a similar packet & my wife was about to pay, but before that i thought came to her mind & she called me up to ask whether i had ordered some parcel. I was saved from being cheated because of her timely call. How can a company like India Today come up with such cheap marketing stunts?
 3rd of Apr, 2008 by   Sandeepsingh Pawar 0 Votes
Unsolicited VPP!

Exactly same thing with me...
 8th of Apr, 2008 by   chandranath 0 Votes
I have send rs 780-00 for the subscription of India today through my credit card on
13th of March 2008, (I have receive an email from living media) and the amount is debt to my account. But so far I have not received any issue of India today to my address.
 23rd of Aug, 2008 by   Jeet Raj 0 Votes
I want to know VPP:AN0092333 a parcel send at my home address, Kindly let me know whatever was sent in this parcel.

Thanks & Regds

Jeet Raj Kamboj
 26th of Aug, 2008 by   PRADEEP MATHEW 0 Votes
I received a VPP order from living media ltd demanding Rs.398/- to be paid. I wasn't at home and luckily when i checked with the post man he says it must be from Reader's digest company. Then I log onto the net and I come across this link on complaint board.

I haven't ordered for this and I won't pick it up from the post office.

Very cheap marketing method.
 18th of Sep, 2008 by   TilakRaj Singh Rajawat 0 Votes
Yes, I belive the same for Living Media India. The only genuine name attached with them is India Today. Such a reputed publishing house and such a fraud deed. I ordered for a set of three multimedia Encyclopedia CD pack, they also offered for 10, 000- Air Tickets and an adidas bag, I dont think this is feasible offer for a small price of 499/- for the entire package at the first place. Secondaly, thier website dont open through the link provided onthe offer email, which i recieved from IRCTC-promotions. Thirdly, they dont send any receipt of the invoice and confirmation of the order to my email.

On top of this the amount that showed up while odrdering is not corect, the actual amount is 100/- more than what I recieved after conferming the order.

Beware, They are making Fool of us.
 26th of Sep, 2008 by   Utpal Ray 0 Votes
Same thing happend to me. I never ordered but VPP came to me. I am lucky to see this site and not going to receive the VPP. Why not TV media take up the matter and flash it. Our consumer court should take strong action against such organization.
 10th of Oct, 2008 by   kirjo 0 Votes
I also received the parcel for combo offer, one of the CDs from the 3 delivered seems to have some problem, but I haven't checked or sent it back to them. Second issue which is more critical is there are subsequent VPP parcels periodically being send- one in August I refused when the topic mentioned had no relevance to my interest or any past transaction. Just recently in Oct, there is another parcel at the Post office and its intimation which requests collection of parcel mentioned the sender as Living Medico - but I am sure this is Living Media also, continuing its inappropriate way of malmarketing. I wonder whether to call this an innovative marketing gimmick or a way of looting the common men by enticing them into offers and then putting some wild terms and conditions to ensure that most of them miss an opportunity which is what brought them into the buying decision i the first place. For example, the 3 CDs which I willfully bought from the website promised of some great vacation package at specified locations. When I enrolled for the same and then tried to tie it up on realistic basis it all went unworkable for me in the shortlived deadline.

5 Great Tips How to Save on Entertainment