logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
fret12.com
Seller refused to take items back
2. (32 mins ago)
offleaseonly
damage cars instead of a car
3. (32 mins ago)
Contract Scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Leisure Time Savings Complaints & Reviews - Phone fraud!

Leisure Time Savings Contacts & Informations

Leisure Time Savings

Posted:    Richard Reese

Phone fraud!

Leisure Time Savings
Phone: 877-624-0280
This firm sells discount packages for a variety of goods and services for a $1.00 charge to your credit card... they had the number. How they got it I do not know but they said it is a service from the credit card company. I asked very precisely if I had to cancel anything and they said 'no'. The package arrived and I noticed it said I had to cancel within 30 days, which I did very quickly. However, my next statement had the $1.00 charge and charges from Identity Protection (for $3.95 and $49.90), Unlimited Blue Rate (for $1.95 and $$49.91) and Financial Magazine for ($1.50 and $36.00). I called all three and they two gave me a cancellation number and one would not back out the credit. They offered $100 gas coupon which I refused.

I called the Financial Magazine and inquired about my credit. They said it was refused by the claim department and then offered me a $100 gas coupon... which I refused. This leads me to think they are all in cohoots. Since then I put all charges under dispute with the credit card company and closed that account and got a new card. I was afraid they would all just keep charging their monthly fees. I called Leisure Time Savings and told them of my displeasure and asked for them to review to taped conversation where I specifically asked several times if I had to cancel anything. They say they would do it over the phone with me but instead said 'they will now hang up'. The credit card company said they do not sell any names or lists to third parties but offered possibly they got the information from the credit agencies (WOW).

I have read several other complaints on different sources on the web other then this one and people have commented they got the same call after buying Hercules Hooks or a book on drugs vs homeopathic help. My guess is that is how they got my credit card.

Be aware!!!

End of story.
Comments United States Telemarketing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Mar, 2009 by   carolyn gray 0 Votes

charged for someting i did not order - Leisure Time Savings

i was charged for services on my checking account and did not aurtorizie it.
 15th of Apr, 2009 by   brenda barrow 0 Votes
I cancelled this account out a few days before the account became active, but this company still withdraw money from my account, 2 times. I called to cancel and the voicemail said to email the company, i did both.
 2nd of Feb, 2010 by   tramp245 +1 Votes
leisure time savings has ripped me off too.
they have hit all 4 of my creditccards and are know on my fifth third bank card.
I have called the numbers and canceled all this and asked how they charged it in the first place.
They said it is part of a rewards program. I have 3 cancelation numbers on all 4 cards and they still are taking 29.95 out every month on all 4 cards.

To make matters worse there is another one that is called discount direct. They are part of leisure time savings and also have got onto my cards. total for them is $29.85
This is costng me $29.95 times 4 =$119.90 plus the $29.98 times 4=$117.12 for a grand total of $237.02

I was able to stop them by calling my bank but the credit cards say I need to call the 800 numbers to get them to stop.
I have 3 cancelation numbers and they still will not stop.
Anyone know a good lawer!!
I now want someone in JAIL!!!
 11th of Jul, 2010 by   ginny anderson 0 Votes
I to was charged and they still trying to charge me finally had to cancel my cardreported it as fraud to my card co.Dont know how they will handle the situatation
 19th of May, 2011 by   chandra davis 0 Votes
i didnt know i just sign up! I will cancel thank you very much for your help!
 10th of Jul, 2011 by   JudyL. Flinchum 0 Votes
I call to cancel order, what do they do take more out of my checking
 10th of Jul, 2011 by   JudyL. Flinchum 0 Votes
I called to cancel, what do they do take more out of my checking, very pissed
 13th of Jul, 2011 by   cheer4jax 0 Votes
I have been charged $29.95 & $28.95 since April. I called to cancel & they said it was all done but the charges continued. I called today again today to cancel & get my money refunded. The customer service guy I talked to I believe his name is Peggy! He said they could refund only the June charges. So I asked to speak to his supervisor. He said she was out to lunch & she could call me back in 20 minutes. Victoria did return my call! We reviewed the oiriginal call where I stated that this all seemed sort of shady and rather than say yes, I said, "I guess." I told her we were going to continue to negotiate until I got my charges refinded. She went to her manager to "plead my case." He told her to refund it! Hooray! Victoria said the refund of $119.60 should show up in my account in 3 - 7 business days. I will be watching closely.

IRS Warns Of E Mail Phishing Scheme