logo

Kirby Vacuums
Kirby sales tactics solution
2. (6 mins ago)
DVDpearl
They tell fake promises and excuses
3. (28 mins ago)

Rude staff

LCBO
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada
When shopping for Red Stripe beer, I noticed that a special tag (for discount price) was 2 weeks old. I asked the staff members if this was still valid and if not shouldn't it be taken down. 30ish year old feminine male staff member made comment: "Oh, so we're not perfect at everything, big deal !" I was very surprised at this comment and said: "Well, when you have a job, you should at least do it well."

The man actually said: "Yes, sir!", which I ignored. The female staff member kept quiet; when I returned to the store to get the manager's name, the female staff member was very helpful and respectful while the male staff member was standing around doing nothing.

I recommend to consumers not to use this store; use other LCBO outlets or even better go to the Québec side liquor stores where the customer service and friendliness is outstanding. Johnnie Walker is also $3 cheaper there.
Comments Canada Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Jan, 2009 by   nona -1 Votes
there is a manager at store in etobicoke behind sherway mall her name is laurie she is rude and a lier and she is agressive and to bossy she talkes down to people i will not go into that store untill they get rid of laurie the Witch with a B.She is not proffessonal at all she is rude and an arsehole
 10th of Aug, 2009 by   Jimmy00 -1 Votes
I was purchasing a few bottles of Forty creek and Smirinoff.
When the employee asked for my i.d she began to question it.
Clearly it's a picture of me and shows my age, identification, etc.
I also gave her my birth certificate.
When She refused me I asked to see a manager and I asked her why my i.d is not valid.

She replied with "We have the right to refuse any customer"
I simply Said it was bullshit and she should do her job.

She then grabbed my arm, grabbed my i.d waved it in my face and began to scream at me telling me how immature I am, And how I need to learn respect. As she wouldn't give my i, d back I grabbed it from her and asked her where I can lodge a complaint, She then told me in a very aggressive way to "get the fuck out"

I told her she did not possess management skills to be working in that sort of enviroment and that I will return to get her name.

Im 20 years old, I should be able to buy all the alcohol I want according to the law itself.

I recommend no one to shop at the LCBO in tecumseh on manning.
They're service is horrible.
And The manager there is a Class A bitch.
 30th of Aug, 2010 by   GTA_Girl -2 Votes
I totally agree. My mother and I were up there today looking for some empty boxes because I'm returning back to college, so I am moving back to the GTA. The cashier was completely rude with us saying that there was a sign to ask first if we could take boxes. The sign was very small with small print and it needs to be much bigger to see that it's there.

She said we were only allowed to take one box and I asked my mother "well, what's the point? If we're trying to take a few boxes, why don't we just go somewhere else?" And the cashier opened her mouth and said "well at least it's better than no box at all" which I ignored. My mother was then trying to find the biggest box and asked me to help her, so we carried on with regular conversation. The cashier kept interrupting us and I loudly, but politely, said "okay THANK YOU." I suppose she sensed my annoyance because her attitude completely changed and she was very nice with us afterwards.

Seriously, I'm never going back there. I've been to the same LCBO before to buy some coolers, and they were really rude then too.

Geeze...under-worked and over-paid workers. Perhaps some working for LCBO should try working at minimum wage in retail to really see how hard it is (I say some because the LCBO cashiers in the GTA are always very polite). Such jerks.
 21st of Nov, 2013 by   blame the parents here +1 Votes
"Well, when you have a job, you should at least do it well."

Well do you always do a perfect job or do you make mistakes. I am sure you make mistakes as well.

What are you doing in LCBO anyway, are you even old enough to drink?

Also it is against the law to serve customers who appear intoxicated Jimmy00. Maybe they refused to serve you because they thought you were loaded.

GTA_Girl, for someone going to college you sure don't act your age, they don't owe you anything when you are not making a purchase.
 1st of Dec, 2013 by   Thatswhatsup +1 Votes
You would have been sold the beer at the expired sale price had you wanted to purchase it. And you should keep your homophobic comments about the "feminine" male staff member to yourself. LCBO employees are easily identifiable by their name tags instead of being described with homophobic slurs.

Food Prices on the Rise