logo

2. (12 mins ago)
ICICI Bank
Unable to COnfirm Payee while abroad
3. (14 mins ago)
yes loans and elephant loans
harrassment
Apply urgent loan offer

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

lazyboy sofa and recliner, Sterling Heights, Michigan Complaints & Reviews - cheap fabric and mechanisms

lazyboy sofa and recliner Contacts & Informations

lazyboy sofa and recliner

Posted:    patty

cheap fabric and mechanisms

lazyboy furniture
hall road
Sterling Heights, Michigan
I always owned lazyboy furniture and loved it, but not no more, I bought a sofa and recliner that they talked up to good quality, what a farce. I purchased it march 07 and now it is march 08 and I have had them out 7 times to repair both of them, the mechanisms keep breaking the fabric pilled and they told me to go and buy a shaver to fix that problem and the cushion fell apart and had to be replaced then the colors didnt match (that cant guarantee that) the wood frame broke twice finally they replaced the seat back the fabric also didnt match they decided to replace the mechanism because it kept breaking. the repair guy told me that lazyboy changed there mechansims there cheap and flimzy and there always repairing them. well now it is a year old and lazyboy who said they would work with me when the warranty was up since it broke so much lied they just strung me along and then to bad your warrantys up! I have tried to get a new sofa or an extened warranty they woulded budge.

DONT BUY LAZYBOY FURNITURE PERIOD!!!
IF YOU DO DONT BUY RECLINING MECHANISMS THEY SUCK IT COSTS 75 DOLLARS TO HAVE THEM COME OUT AND REPAIR AFTER THE WARRANTY IS UP

MY CHAIR BROKE AGAIN 2 DAYS AFTER THE WARRANTY AND I AM SCREWED

IT IS A SHAME THAT COMPANYS BUY CHEAP PARTS AND MAKE US PAY SO MUCH FOR THEM
Comments United States Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Apr, 2008 by   Mar Bacon 0 Votes
Welcome
The same has happened to me and the poor quality of material well they have a name for it,
it is called pillering and can be shaved I could make a body pillow with the amount that has been collected out of my shaver and not covered under warrenty amazing . $75.00 service charge for the mechanizem yep out the door and broke again and service tech tells me well the chair is a chair and a half with only the frame of a reg size chair and that is the end of that. broken terrable looking chair I hate it in my home but I keep it on display so I can be a help to others and avoid it to happen to someone else my younger generation the future of our world. I paid $700.00 for this piece of lopsided, and pillering Lazyboy furniture crap.
Taylor Michigan
 19th of May, 2008 by   James SCHOFIELD 0 Votes
I, PURCALED TWO RECLINER'S IN 2005. ONE ROLLAWAY CHAIR FALLING APART.THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME $126.00 JUST TO COME OUT.WILL NEVER BUY AGAIN ND TELLING ALL FAMILY AND FRIENDS NOT TO BUY.ALSO ALL FELLOW EMPLOYEES THROUGH OUT STATE THAT I WORK WITH
 13th of Aug, 2008 by   Barbara 0 Votes
Purchased a recliner for just under 1000.00. There is very little padding on this expensive chair. You can feel the wood hit you in the arm the back cushion collapses when you sit in it, the seat cushion compressed so much that it kept sliding under the back. The back of the chair wobbles as though it is going to fall off. When we pointed this out to the repair person they said they were all like that. They replaced the seat cushion but that is all they did. I went to this company and paid alot of money because I thought we were buying quality. What you see on the showroom floor is not what you get. This chair was purchased so my 80 year old aunt would have a comfortable chair when she visits for 3 months each year. Now I am shopping for a 2 or 3 hundred dollar chair to replace it and I'll just buy a new one every few years.
 23rd of Nov, 2009 by   Mike from Jersey 0 Votes
LAZY BOY... I bought a sectional sofa and the seat I use regularly has been repaired once for like 250 bucks. Well, it's falling apart again due to very cheap plywood frames. Horrible engineering went into this sectional. The arms of the sectional has padding so thin you have to have a pillow next to you or you feel a sharp wooden corner. We had Lazy Boy chairs for years and were handed down between family members. Last set we had was 10 years old and the mechanism was like new and the cushions were still nice. We sold them at a yard sale! What has happened to a once great company? Lazy Boy used to mean quality and it seems they are riding that idea until the quality issues catch up with them. By then it will be too late and poof there goes another great American company.
 24th of Jan, 2010 by   Mrs. Mark T. Siba 0 Votes
My lazyboy Mackenie sofa's cushions are not holding up. My sofa is 5 1/2 yrs old. The couch material which is microfiber smoke also is not holding up. I am goingto my Lazyboy store to see if anything can be done.
 18th of May, 2010 by   DI ANN 0 Votes
DO NOT BUY LAZY BOY - I PURCHASED 10 YEAR EXTENDED WARRANTY AND NOW THAT THE MATERIAL IS RIPPING AND FRAYING - CLEARLY A DEFECT IN THE MATERIAL - THEY TELL ME THAT ISN'T COVERED UNDER THE WARRANTY. IF I RIPPED IT WITH SCISSORS OR STAINED IT, THEN IT WOULD BE COVERED. CALLED THE COMPANY DIRECTLY AND WAS TOLD THAT THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO ABOUT IT. MATERIAL IS RIPPED ON BOTH THE COUCH AND LOVE SEAT, IN EXACTLY THE SAME SPOTS ON ALL SECTIONS IN THE SAME SPOT OF THE PATTERN. I PAID $3, 000. FOR THE COUCH AND LOVESEAT AND PURCHASED EXTENDED WARRANTY AND FURNITURE ONLY 4 YEARS OLD. ONLY 2 ADULTS LIVE IN HOUSE, HARDLY EVER HOME - SO HOW CAN IT WEAR OUT SO QUICKLY?? SO MUCH FOR GOOD, QUALITY FURNITURE - AND FORGET THE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
 13th of Jul, 2010 by   lherron 0 Votes
I purchased two lazy-boy recliner sofas in march 2010 and from day one i hated them they were uncomfortable and just got worse, they were not like the ones's at the store. when i went back to the store I was told that I could not trade them in that the owner will call me. a month later a service manager called me and sent out someone to take pictures of the couches. i had him sit on one couch and recline and then sit on the other and he said "man you can really feel the difference, the wood is hitting you in the back." in the few months that i have had the couches the backs of the recliners have lost their padding and if you recline you get wood in you spine. if you sit anywhere but in the center of the cusion you are sitting on the frame of the couch, you can feel the wood between the recliner ends and the middle seat. you can lean on the side of the couch (when you are laying on couch) and the recliner ends seperate from the middle.
The manager had some other guy call me and tell me that he called the manufacturer and they have never heard of all these problems that i am having with mine. now reading all the different websites and reading that people are having the same problems as far back as 4-6 years, i know that i am going to have a fight on my hands to get the problem solved. the manager wants to put on new seat backs and "check out all the other claims" before he decides to let me exchange my furniture. once he gets done with that if the problem happens again the he will replace the furniture.
 7th of Jan, 2011 by   kdid 0 Votes
I agree whole heartedly with everyone. The fabric came out of the sofa and love seat like it was shedding. The stitching came apart at the seat on three of the five seats. The company said that DuPont was responsible for the fabric and Lazy-boy was responsible for the stitching. I don't know why I had to deal with these companies myself to begin with, I think RC Willey should have honored the warranty I bought. Instead they voided my warranty because I owned a guinea pig that lived in a cage on top of my son's dresser. It has been nine years now and I am tired of covering the seats with blankets. It looks great except for the seats and the spots where the fabric came out. I am now trying to disassemble the seats to take it to the dump. It still makes me so mad to think about it.
 28th of May, 2012 by   Disgusted in Kansas 0 Votes
I agree with everything that has been said. I ordered the Gibson and Melanie rocker recliners on 8-20-2011. I finally received them on october 20, 2011. I paid over $2, 000.00 for theses recliners. We had them a few days. Both chairs when reclined out lean back so far it almost throws us over our heads. Also, the chairs are so uncomfortable that my husbands hips hurt. My buttocks ache so bad it is painful to walk or go upstairs. I wen to the Dr. to check for arthiritus. Luckily, my tests came back negative. The pain is coming from my lazyboy recliner. After two weeks I called the dealer to come out and adjust the chairs. He said he could not but said there are adjustment screws under the chair. This did not help. I went back to the deal yesterday 5-28-2012, I wanted to trade these in. He told me he has this exact chair at home and he loves it. Just because I love it does not me I will and this is nothing that can be controlled. He then walked off and refused to help me. The padding on the arms have collapsed on my husbands chair.
Please do not waste your money on anything with the lazyboy name on it.
 3rd of Dec, 2012 by   swaller62 0 Votes
Like many of the comments above, we've been Lazy Boy owners for over 40 years. We have a recliner we've re-upholstered twice. We recently purchased a reclining sofa and relining love seat. when we purchased the furniture it had and acrid offensive odor, probably as an insecticide or fungicide. The company refused to address the problem. Recently, the sofa has a back rest that sags toward the back and tilts from one side to the other. To have the local furniture store repair it would cost $70 to merely take it back to the store plus the cost of labor and parts. They don't repair on-site.
The furniture probably was made in a foreign country is is the cheapest I've ever purchased. The quality of furniture made at Ashley or purchased from Sam's Club is now of better quality.
 2nd of Jan, 2013 by   Byron R. Engler 0 Votes
I have told the local furniture store that I was a large man. I needed a lazy boy recliner that held 350lbs. Twice I was sold chairs that lasted about 3 years. They are only rated at 250lbs. They are not made like they use to be. My local furniture store Hill Home Furnishings Beatrice NE lied to me both times. They also have no clue at what to do. I took the last one apart and found screws missing in the back. No glue in the cleats that held the back together. I have been a carpenter for over 35 years. What a joke, they use plywood that I would have thrown away. Missing screws, no glue. They make them so you have to buy a new one every couple of years. Hill Home Furnishings and Lazy Boy you can both go to hell. I will rebuild this piece of shit until it breaks again. But Hills Home Furnishing will never get my business again. Period. Lazy Boy is shit also. They lie through their teeth.
 19th of Feb, 2014 by   glenda1993 0 Votes
Would never---ever---never buy another piece of Lazy Boy Furniture...Customer Service - is Awful. Store - after they get your money---is Awful... Cannot reach anyone above Cust Service ...
They take your money and run...False advertisement-Misrepresent Fabric Care Treatment... Going to Attorney General of Illinois...

Tips How to Wrap a Christmas Gift with Fabric