logo

Refund

Lambert & Lambert Inventions
7616 Currell Suite 200
Phone: unknown
Lambert & Lambert mislead me in submitting my invention. I mail them $199 for my inventions and they said it was for an evaluation process. They send my report back and said that my invention did not pass the score had to be 96 and I got a 84. They also send me additional information to other companies that I had to pay any where from $500 to $1000 to get my invention produce. They did not tell me that upfront. They states that they will spend they money to get your invention produced. I have been requesting a refund and now they got my money and will not response back to me. They website sound very convincing. I saw on RipOff website they are scammers. PLease help me to get my money back. Thanks Barbara

Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Dec, 2008 by   kevin +1 Votes
The fact that they turned your idea away because it didn't score high enough seems like they aren't running a scam. if it was a scam wouldn't they accept every idea because weither or not it had any potential to become an actual product wouldn't matter. if it was a scam they'd accept every idea because they're making money off of you and not off of the idea. Since your invention scored too low why would you be interested in paying more money to them to push your idea?
 30th of Apr, 2009 by   georgia54 +1 Votes
It seems to me that Lambert & Lambert Invent is a good company. They have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are professional members of the United Inventors Association. Also, you can find reviews from inventors at:

23rd of Jul, 2009 by   stephen952 0 Votes
Lambert & Lambert Inventions is a Rip-Off. They are in business of scamming people out of there $199 upfront fee and are partnering with other companies to take your money after they give your invention a 86 in the end. Stay away!!
 25th of Oct, 2009 by   NATTINUT +1 Votes
Why hasn't Lambert & Lambert replied to this blog?
 28th of Oct, 2009 by   Nunyabusyness +1 Votes
Their website states very plainly that the fee is for evaluation only, and they don't promise to take every invention submitted to them. You got what you paid for, which was a report. Come up with another idea, or use that report to help write a business plan to get funding to build the company yourself. Although, based on your grammar and spelling I would hire someone else to write that business plan.
 1st of Dec, 2009 by   inventor +1 Votes
I have 15 to 20 ideas and i was about to contact Lamber & Lamber but i'm glad i found this site. It seems that every invention company are a bunch of greeddy people and is very sad for people with great ideas that sooner or later these ideas die along with your dreams.
 8th of Dec, 2009 by   Lambertinvent +2 Votes
My name is Trevor Lambert and I am the President and founder of Lambert & Lambert, Inc. Unfortunately, since we signed a Nondisclosure/Confidentiality Agreement with "Barbara" when she submitted, I can not speak on the specific merits of her invention - which admittedly poses a challenge when dealing with her complaint in this public forum. Nevertheless, let me just say that any neutral party who reviewed her invention when looking over our market research would see that the product lacked commercial feasibility.

Clearly she misunderstood our process for whatever reason, which led to this complaint. Reading our website anyone can see that we represent inventors on contingency only after we perform an evaluation that focuses on the "licensability" of the invention. Our research consists of competitive analysis on existing products in the marketplace, a patent search and 16 other criteria key to a successful product. Yes, that evaluation has a fee of $199, yet considering a patent search alone usually costs $500+ with most service providers, I think you will see the value and understand we are not getting rich off of evaluations. Rather, our evaluation process provides a system by which we can consider new products for representation utilizing scientific methodology.

Further, I would like to assure the visitors to this site that our company continues to represent inventors and successfully license inventions on their behalf. Should you need reassurance on the legitimacy of our company (which has been in business nearly a decade) let me just site the following about our company:

- Member of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating
- Professional Member of the United Inventors Association
- Official Good Guy by the National Inventor Fraud Center
- Member of the Minnesota Inventors Congress

Finally, I personally am a member of the Licensing Executives Society, I speak at inventor organizations (such as the Inventors Network), I completed a book (Invent Secrets) and have had articles published - most recently one was published in the Inventors Digest, and just this month I was elected to the Board of Directors for the United Inventors Association.

If this doesn't convince you that we are a legitimate company, I invite you to call us and speak with some of my staff or visit our offices for a face-to-face meeting. I understand that this industry is filled with sharks, yet I assure you we are not one of them.

In the end we continue to have a nominal fee for the evaluation and work on contingency thereafter instead of charging inventors $10, 000-20, 000 like our competitors. Yes, we turn down inventions that we feel won't be successful, but I would rather remain honest and tell inventors what I really think about their invention, rather than fill them with hope to get them to spend thousands on their invention.

All my best, Trevor
 16th of Dec, 2009 by   Paul S.. 0 Votes
I recently sent my idea to Lambert & Lambert and so far they seem to be nothing but complete profesionals. I understand they need to evaluate my product and make a decision on weather its marketable. All ideas are not good ideas. Why wouldnt they jump on idea if its o good one? It would be more profit for them. If you dont like there response go another direction, try & prove them wrong. Sour grapes taste awful.Try, try again.
Paul
Cleveland, Oh.
 9th of Jan, 2010 by   pat shields 0 Votes
I am thinking about submitting my idea to Lambert and Lambert. To me my idea is the
best thing that has been thought of since the wheel. I want to let you all know one thing
the excitement and energy that this idea gives me is just as important to me as getting it to market and seing it on shelves at the sporting goods store. However I know that it is
what it is just an idea. Like all ideas some are good some not so good. Every inventor that
has ever thought of a product has thought the same thing- this is going to be a glod mine-
This my friends is not the case I would estimate that 1 in 3000 ideas become a reality.
Knowing the latter I still have confidance in my product so if I lose $200 because the evaluation system they use says my product is not good enough then they saved me alot of money other companies out there would have stolen. One such company I contacted wanted $898 for the same thing Lambert and Lambert is going to do for $2oo
SUGESTION: Donot be so blinded by your idea and see it for what it is just an idea, your puppy and we all want our puppies to grow int dogs but reality tells us that dont always happen. If your idea did not work for you I will sell you mine for 30 grand.

P.Shields
Maryland
 21st of Jan, 2010 by   KDIp 0 Votes
I am glad Lambert responded. I was just reading the 8 paragraph contract or as they call it "Legal Disclosure and Information" I received from Patent Assistance Worldwide which shares a page with a box for your credit card information so that I can pay the $1, 279.oo they are going to charge me for what works out to be their opinion. However the BBB has given them a B-. Even if I didn't think they were scammers, which i do, I would definitely rather pay $200 than the former. And because I am on an extremely limited budget right now I'm still going to shop around and take my time to make sure my invention makes it to the next round. I'd like to see one of those rejection reports, it seems like that would be a valuable tool in this process. Better luck next time Barb.

-Cheers
 5th of Feb, 2010 by   Ricoh Calahan 0 Votes
I decided to go forward with Patent Assistance Worldwide. I received a full patent search with an attached leagal opinion from a registered patent attorney, a great market analysis covering 33 factors that may affect my idea and a very detailed graphic illustration of my idea. All this was put in a Produt Guide that outlined everything about my idea. GOOD WORK! Very happy, the same attorney filed a patten application for me and was very good at explaining the process to me in detail. I have an offer for my idea, but I want to wait for Global Licensing Partners to find me a better one.

Seems you didn't really use this company, they are great!!
 13th of Feb, 2010 by   new inventor 0 Votes
I have been dealing with other promotion companies you propably guess who and have to be fair to lambert and lambert they are much cheaper and saw some of their reports compared to other companies are far better, we also have to be fair that some inventions are totally useless and have no market but lambert and lambert from the above info seems to reject to go any further and suck money from people unlike other companies who they are aware the product is useless and yet they charge people extortionate amont of hard earned money.

Cheers, BH
 23rd of Feb, 2010 by   techgal09 0 Votes
I've been working with Patent Assistance Worldwide and my invention/idea passed their review board...they seem reputable to me, though they do have a B- with the BBB, I've spoken with IP Watchdog and they know nothing negative at least about them. The FTC and the Attorney General's office in Miami FL doesn't seem to have any complaints with them and they work on a contingency fee basis that is more than fair to the inventor. So I'll let you know how it turns out, they want my invention ready for the June Tradeshow here in Las Vegas, it's at the Mandalay Bay Casino and it's called the Licensee Tradeshow if I remember right...good luck to all inventors and check out Gene Quinn and IP Watchdog, it's a great site to learn from for sure...
 8th of Mar, 2010 by   CPreston 0 Votes
I'm wondering how it went with working with Patent Assistance Worldwide. I'm also pursuing an idea with them right now. I have already paid the up front $1200 for all the info. They are just waiting for me to pay the next almost $6000 and they will go ahead and pass me on to Global Licensing Partners to help me sell my idea. Please help me know if they are just a scam. I can't afford to throw money away!
 23rd of Mar, 2010 by   katerina38 -1 Votes
If you got a slightly more technical invention, forget these guys. They seem to be only able to handle simple gadgets used for infomercials to be perfectly blunt. Just look at the success stories and you be the judge.
 23rd of Mar, 2010 by   katerina38 0 Votes
Also they lie about the review time "Big Time"
 10th of Apr, 2010 by   foota 0 Votes
Whats the actual review time for Patent Assistance Worldwide. Seriously, has anyone used both Patent Assistance Worldwide and Lambert & Lambert to comment on which is more legitimate? I would really like to know so I dont wast time or money.
Thanks.
 11th of Apr, 2010 by   new inventor1 0 Votes
best thing now a days is if you have invented something small and not so complicated you can find yourself someone to draw it for you in 3D cad then use 3d printer to produce your prototype then submit your patent documents and take it to china and produce in large quantity, hope this helps could save people a small fortune, please let me know if you find this useful, thanks

New inventor
 13th of Apr, 2010 by   foota 0 Votes
Is it true that Patent Assistance Worldwide does not charge an consultant fee for reviewing your invention? Because i would not want to send something to them and then get caught I rather do that with Lambert&lambert since they are much more recognised and acredited.
By the way New inventer i like your idea very much, but sadly to date i dont have the funds to go that route so i still have to look for investors.

Awaiting your response.
 16th of Apr, 2010 by   melvin2 0 Votes
inventors deserve every help and perspective we can get, lets keep
the dialogue going. Thanks Lambert & lambert for your response.

Scam The Scammers