Kirby Vacuum

Posted: Nov 5, 2014 by

Wouldn't leave my house when ask to do so.

Kirby vacuum
West Jordan, Utah
My wife invited a guy to come do a free cleaning on our carpets didn't tell us he was a salesman for kirby Vacuums. He was a nice guy but, he took three hours to do his demonstration of the Vaccum. By this time I was getting really irritated since my wife and I had three children to feed, homework and get ready for bed. I was getting my youngest ready for bed and I heard another person come into my home. The salesman let another salesman in my house. Then the Salesman came in my house and was pressuring my wife to buy the vaccuum at this point I told them to leave my home. So the next thing the Owner or salesman the man wearing the nice suit flipped out and started accussing me of being awful father and that I was a awful person. I told them both to get out of my house but, the Salesman in the suit lunged toward me as if he was going to physically assault me in my own home. The Salesman in the suit did this three times after I told him I was going to call the sheriff if he didn't get out my house. I called the sheriff after they left and filed a report on them so this will not happen to anyone else. I will not ever buy any of Kribys products or let any of this company salesman into my house again. They are very unprofessional and cant deal with being rejected.
Complaint comments Comments (5) Complaint country United States Complaint category Cleaning Services / Laundry

30th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes

Kirby Vacuum - Cancellation of Contract
Cheyenne Distributing

I cancelled contract, stopped payment on check, and have been harassed and threatened with letters and phone calls. I have told them to take it to court but after 5 months still threats.
 17th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
Well maybe that would all stop if u gave the Kirby back!!!
 26th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
AGREED!!! Give it back if your not paying! thats THEFT!!!
 22nd of Jun, 2016 by    -1 Votes
we got a call saying we won a free shampoo to our carpet didn't know it was Kirby company, a young girl came she got out the Kirby vacuum and kept showing me things and kept saying what do you think, I was told it would be a hour well that turned into 4 hours, she used my bathroom many times and she told me she was new and had to call her boss he said he be at my house in 5 mins well half hour latter he came, he put the big pressure on my husband and I it was like he and her wouldn't leave till we bought one so we did agree to buy one they said they would give us 500 off the new vacuum we didn't look at the contract he handed to my husband folded over and after they left we looked at the contract and the cost was over 3000 and the 500 was never applied to it, we called the next day and told them we didn't want it over the phone the sales lady still was trying to sale it to us the sales lady and some one we never saw before came to our house to pick up the vacuum and still wouldn't leave or didn't want to take no for a answer Kirby guys were at my house the second time over 30 mins trying NEVER WILL I LET THEM IN OUR HOUSE AGAIN, AND THIS FREE SHAMPOO WAS A TINY LITTLE AREA AND MADE MY CARPET STAND OUT BECAUSE OF THE AREA SHE DID I AM VERY PISSED OFF, AND WHILE THAY WERE AT MY HOUSE HE KEPT SMOKING MY CIGEREETS !!!
 22nd of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes
Any time someone calls and says you "won something" you can be sure they are trying to sell something. Instead of bowing to them, you should have given them the option to leave or be escorted out by the police. Never sign something until you have fully read ALL terms and understand them. Make sure you get a copy of what you sign. Future-going, when someone comes to your door (they will be back) selling something or offering a free prize or a free carpet cleaning, say NO and shut the door immediately in their face. Don't even stand there and argue with them. just shut that door immediately and if they knock again, yell thru the door you are calling the police. These D2D people will harass you if you allow them.

Kirby Vacuum Company Logo Kirby Vacuum Company