logo

Bank Of Africa
Bennedict Joseph
2. (3 mins ago)
Free of Blemishes
posting fake comments and product is a scam
3. (6 mins ago)
Bovada Poker is so rigged

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Kars 4 Kids / DonateCar.com Complaints & Reviews - Poor service!

Kars 4 Kids / DonateCar.com Contacts & Informations

Kars 4 Kids / DonateCar.com

Posted:    Karen Lowman

Poor service!

We had a truck that we wanted to donate since it was still running, but we no longer needed it. I got online to find places that took vehicles as donations (expecting to write off it's value). DonateCars.com stated that they gave the money for donated vehicles to Kars-4-Kids. Good charity, I thought. They also told me I could write off the blue book value of the vehicle and I would also receive a voucher for 3 days 2 nights vacation. They came and got my vehicle, reassured me that they would send me a receipt for the blue book value of the vehicle ($1965) as well as this great vacation voucher. Received receipt for vehicle stating that I could claim $500 for the vehicle and the vacation voucher was through World Wide Travel Center (numerous complaints online about this company as well). I'm now wondering if my donated vehicle isn't being driven by one of their employees who got the car for free and if any money actually went to help kids at all. I know the vacation voucher is useless, but basically in my kindness, I've lost $1465, probably more since the tires were new. Beware and when in doubt, sell the vehicle rather than donate it or do more research about who you donate too.
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Nov, 2007 by   V. Everett 0 Votes
Check this out! It tells the whole story about Kars 4 Kids! What a scam!

No charity can give you (legally) the blue book value as you described. They lied. The blue book is no longer even an accepted way to do a valuation for a donated vehicle.

The law changed January 1 2005. There are a few charities that can get you fair market value and offer vacation vouchers from more reputable companies. You can get FMV if the charity makes significant intervening use of your vehicle or even sells it for far below market value to a needy individual.

Try onlinecardonation.org for a good one. They actually give vehicles away to families and other charities that need them. They are all volunteer do not spend money on advertising (billboards, radio, print, sponsored ads etc.) they actually help people... and if you look a little harder you will find a couple core like them.
 13th of Nov, 2007 by   Stan +1 Votes
I ran across a similar situation with them. I did a little research and found out they are an Orthodox Jewish organization and trick us into thinking we are helping kids.. You can do searches on them to verify. Ridiculous..
 19th of Nov, 2007 by   Getting turned off 0 Votes
Orthodox Jewish organizations don't help kids?! They "trick" you? How?

Also, I'm sure they didn't assert that you can get the full KBB value. They say as much in their published FAQs.
 28th of Feb, 2008 by   Eva M. Lockey 0 Votes
Sometime ago I read a piece in the Tribune that this organization was selling the donated cars. I never saw anything again about this. The article might have been in the paper sometime last year.
 26th of Jan, 2009 by   faizankhan001 +1 Votes
Orthodox Jewish organization scams have been around for many years specially in the new york metropolitan area, usually based out of brooklyn new york... can't really speak out against them since there is no government regulations built around these organizations and i personally do not want to be labeled an "anti-semite" and have the U.S.A. Patriot act monitor me so i just personally stay away from these people...
 20th of Mar, 2009 by   charity cars -1 Votes
I would actually steer clear of www.onlinecardonation.org...you can find out why here: http://donation-scammers.blogspot.com/ (run by a ccriminal, basically). If you really want to help, try www.800charitycars.org
 28th of Mar, 2009 by   Mike Warren 0 Votes
So the last comment about OCD.org?
Dr Phil, the videos, the people they help and other charities that these guys give to are aall in on the whole thing.
Sorry but that does not make much sense.
I read the other stuff too and I would rather see someone turn their life around than hold the past against them. I suppose that means that anyone who commits a crime should be put to death because small minded people will never allow them to change and do good?
So their only chance at becoming a productive member of society should be kept from them.
This is America Pal, not a communist country. Quit hating because people are doing good.
Besides, it sounds too much like someone with a grudge against the person and not the charity. Probably a disgruntled Ex. The charity seems perfectly legit and I seriously doubt all of those other charities and Dr Phil are in on some sort of scheme to defraud.
800 charity cars seems to be defrauding as they claim to give cars away but when you call they say they are not taking applications until 2011?
I know, I just called.
That is the only claim to fame so to speak and they are really not even doing that!
Shame on them!
 2nd of Apr, 2009 by   charity cars -1 Votes
By OCD.ORG, you mean onlinecardonation.org right? Thats weird that you would type it that way, unless you are Cameron Arballo and afraid Google is going to pick this thread up and index it. I seriously doubt a narcissistic career criminal will change his ways. He is a sexual deviant judging from his criminal history (and some comments I have seen about him in other places), and study's show these people never change.

He was imprisoned while he was supposedly doing his good deeds with Works Of Life, only recently getting out of jail. He is only turning his life around for his own good. Dr. Phi? An unfortunate oversight by the Dr. Phil staff that has given false legitimacy to this organization. He has a couple agreements with charities only to make himself look good - I bet at least 90% of the profits go straight into his pocket Throwing a few dollars around doesn't impress me at all. If he is so great, why is he being investigated? If he is so great, how come he doesn't become a real non-profit? Ill tell you why - because he would have to make his financial records publicly available. He is a FAKE reverend - anyone could both become a reverend overnight if we wanted to and pull the same kind of scams...problem is it will and is catching up to him. He is on the run and scheming how to keep this scam going. Do some research, call the IRS, call the Attorney Generals - you will see! Cameron Arballo, Works of Life, With Causes, OnlineCarDonation.org
 3rd of Apr, 2009 by   Pat Wallace -1 Votes
I dare you Cameron Arballo to take me to court for slander. All my kids will be ready to testify against you for molest, rape, theft, killing animals and threatening those little lives ...Come on... We can tell the world. If I am lying then just take me to court. I will take you on. Patricia Anne Wallace.
 3rd of Apr, 2009 by   Pat Wallace -1 Votes
Oh, and Reverand Arballo, I am sure you are helping these poor unfortunate abused women and children because you care so deeply. Remember, I am the one you beat up at Sunrise Mall parking lot, with our two babies. Remember the blood all over??? And, my kids you abused ??? Are you helping women and children the way you helped us? The only help you are giving is to yourself. Or don't you remember the spousal abuse that was recorded in Sacramento. Did you know my pages and pages of what you did and how I felt was going to be used to train police officers ... the woman officer asked for permission to use it to help officers understand co-dependency ... So why don't you answer this one? You should still be locked up and would be if everything had been brought up more timely. Patricia Anne Wallace
 6th of Apr, 2009 by   Stan +1 Votes
The worst in my opinion is Kars 4 Kids.. I just did a search on them through spy4u and it shows they spend between $11, 000 to $38, 000 DAILY on google adwords alone! That isnt even including all of the billboards I see here on the Jersey Turnpike and lets not even bring up their Kars 4 Kids song on the radio all the time. Obviously people are just looking for the easiest way to get rid of their car and why not help a kid? Unfortunately Kars 4 Kids is hiding under their real name which is Oorah whose specific goal is awakening Jewish children and their families to their heritage. Nothing to do with the term "kids" most of us think we are helping.

Too bad there isnt some sort of "Charity Police Department" that can shut these charities down. Newspaper reporters and TV reporters such as Shame On You have even done reports on these obvious fraudsters trying their best to inform the public with no long term results. Its just sad to me to see charity turning into a business rather then its true meaning and intention.

As far as all this other crap about this other car donation charity, seems like they are doing what they say. I agree with the person that said let the past be the past. Why dont you guys go and fight about it someplace else. This is a page talking about Kars 4 Kids..
 6th of Apr, 2009 by   Stan +1 Votes
Sorry, 1 more thing. I just looked up 800 Charity Cars mentioned above who is really dba Charity Cars. Is that you posting above Mr. Brian Menzies - the president of 800 Charity Cars? Why do you feel you should be paid more than the Vice President of the United States? $301, 000 a year? My god. Talk about a scammer.
 15th of Apr, 2009 by   charity cars 0 Votes
Stan, stop trying to be deceptive. You are Cameron Arballo - and Cameron Arballo is also V. Everett - the new director of "Works of Life" according to the horribly written damage control PR piece you wrote. What is funny is that V. Everett just happens to also be the same person who posted first on this page almost 2 years ago slamming Kars 4 Kids while also praising Onlinecardonation.org...I could be wrong, but that might be considered fraud! And the comments in the press release you put out matches the comments made by you (Stan) above. What kind of charity slams other charities and organizations them promotes their own cause? I can count at least a dozen times where you have done this (your own website included).

Not only based on your heinous criminal history, it is clear your organization is looking out only for yourself. $300K/yr isn't that much - I bet you pocket a whole hell of a lot more - but we will never know because you hide your financial's under the guise of a ministry - and a fake one at that! The scope of your fraudulent activities is HUGE and it will catch up to you soon!

Stop living a lie and stop defrauding millions from people.

Have you seen what your OWN children have to say about you? WOW!
 26th of Apr, 2009 by   christine 0 Votes
Oooh "Stan", I think you are busted! Cameron, time is running out. Your sins will find you out. Numbers 32:23.
 30th of Apr, 2009 by   AMY 0 Votes
CAMERON LEE ARBALLO-AKA-STAN-AKA-V EVERETTE,
tick tock, tick tock, "REVENGE IS MINE SAITH THE LORD." YOUR TIME IS COMING! DOES IT SCARE YOU?
 7th of May, 2009 by   Dennise 0 Votes
Cameron, I thank God everyday you are not in my son's life! If it weren't for the blood tests we had to take to prove he was yours I would deny he was your son and take it to my grave! My son who is now 23yrs is doing great and he's beautiful with a kind heart... not at all like you! Thank you so much for not even trying to be in his life (actually it was more like hiding from having to pay child support but nonetheless..) Thanks for not one red cent.
 16th of Jul, 2009 by   MIKE S. B. 0 Votes
I WAS ABOUT TO DONATE MY CAR, BUT READING THESE COMMENTS THERE IS NOT A

CHANCE IN HELL THAT I WILL GIVE THEM ANYTHING.

MY ONLY HOPE IS THAT OTHER PEOPLE WILL DO THE SAME. AND THIS WAY WE

CAN GET RID OF THESE LOW LIFES.
 16th of Jul, 2009 by   MIKE S. B. 0 Votes
THESE ORGANIZATIONS ARE A BUNCH OF THIEVES.
 29th of Nov, 2009 by   wide awake 0 Votes
Wow!!! I was going to donate a 2003 Saab 9 3 convertable to Kars for Kids, thanks to these comments I'm going to give it to a student down the street.These scams can easily be exposed by requesting to view their financials. signed Dave
 9th of Dec, 2009 by   Joe Pent never again 0 Votes
The vacation is a scam there is none. The whole thing stinks1 "Never again" is right

Preparing Your Home for Winter