logo

MaSon
Dating
3. (6 mins ago)
ArcTrading
Don’t invest and deal with these criminals
4. (20 mins ago)

Karen Slade

Posted: 2012-01-27 by    J.Forde

Modeling Scam

Hottest Models Unlimited
I'm putting in a big time complaint to(hottestmodelsunlimited)I'm gonna give you my experience...first off we were told to sit out by the airport to wait for a shuttle to pick us(models) up as a group, that didn't happen, I ended up paying 32USD for the shuttle, then got dropped off in this foreign country to find the ferry t Cozumel for myself...
First off I wanna tell you, I have been in the business in Europe, NYC, so this is not new to me, I only went because she(Karen Slade)sent me an email that she'd let me stay at the resort for free, she paid which I did, (I was the only one who didn't pay for the hotel(so she said but that was a lie)...but then the payments came, there was this competition fee of ($45+tax ) then a couple weeks later I had to pay an International tax of $625 (which doesn't exist) but she gave me a "deal" if I paid that week I paid $500 someone still needs to explain this International Sales Tax to me by the way if you want to get in another category you had to pay another $50!! Needless to say I wasn't giving up any more money to her company, but sadly other models did.
But why I'm writing this is, this needs to stop with KAREN SLADE, she promised us the first night for the meet and greet we'd get fantastic pictures, we got 3 pictures, and if you wanna have a complete photo shoot you would have to pay ANOTHER $300. The Photo shoot was a JOKE, the photographer kept everyone in the same area by the pool so every one has the same pictures.huh? She also promised all these clients that were going to be there, but then told us the night of the competition they wouldn't be able to make it!!! The biggest joke of this trip was the night of the judges that were gonna determine who won categories, the judges were her, her husband, the photographer and THE FRONT DESK MANAGER at the hotel ! NO PROFESSIONAL AGENTS NOT ONE! that's just sad.
So what I want is a COMPLETE REFUND for this, All the models had to pay $50/ category, had to pay International sales tax that was never explained why that was needed ($600) and then not a mention how much others had to pay just to get to the resort($75+) I was fortunate enough that my hotel was paid for, but not really why I'm writing this long message. I got to know all these great people in the competition, and feel as if they were taking advantage of, thy all spent about $2000 including airfare. SHE PREYED ON THESE GREAT PEOPLE because she knows how bad these models wanna advance their careers, I figured out it was a SCAM in the meeting we had at the resort where she repeated herself over and over and told us "no clients will be here tonight" and I don't want anyone else hurt by this scam competition in the future... I really hop their will be a refund of some sort, because what we went out there for was definitely not met!!!
Comments United States Model & Talent Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Jan, 2012 by   MWorcester 0 Votes
I got an invitation for my 12 yo daughter to go to Houston, TX for a casting call for a modeling job.Idrove her down there from Hill City, Ks and paid money for her to get a head shot and video interview done. i got a email from Karen Slade saying that she made a mistake saying that we would receive a copy of the head shot and video. That if we wanted copies, we needed to email her back and let her know. So I did. This was in Sept of 2011. The casting was in July of 2011. As of now I have not gotten either of these things. I think what makes me the most upset is I did this for my little girl...
 27th of Jan, 2012 by   Susan Duncan 456 0 Votes
I attended one of Model Castings USA model castings calls. It was a joke. There representative whoever she is was nothing but a sales person. This is just another scam company. I've asked for my money back with no response, of course. I did call there company and someone answered with another company (Glow Worldwide) name and when i asked about the casting company they said "thats our company too". Which I found out was another scam as well. I have since found a real agency and told them my experience and they said this was a out right scam and they have never heard of this company. i wish i would have checked up on them before I attended this thing. Some people are sick and will do anything to make money
 13th of Feb, 2012 by   Mixx Global Publicity Firm 0 Votes
Complaint Response
These complaints are posted or influenced by Jamie Tribe a former employee which has been stalking Karen Slade and her family via internet, email, text, and phone since her dismissal on October 8th 2011. These posts were all started after her dismissal and are her effort to try to make Karen Slade appear to be a scam.
Public Notice:
DeKalb County Courts award Mrs. Slade an Aggravated Stalking Protective order against Jamie Tribe on January 24th 2011 Civil Action File No. 11CV13628-2
Ms. Tribes is currently under investigation for mail theft against Karen Slade in the DeKalb County GA – Detective Mc Core – Police case#11-142322
Ms. Tribe is also under investigation for theft of company property in Fulton County GA - Detective Kahn
Alpharetta Police Department – Police report# 1201-0051
Anyone working with Jamie Tribe posting negative and deformation information against Karen Slade or her affiliates would be considered indirect contact and would put Jamie Tribe in direct violation of her Aggravated Stalking Protective Order and she will be arrested and charged with felony aggravated stalking.
If you have any questions or concerns about Karen Slade and Affiliates please contact the corporate office at 917-231-0961
Govern yourself accordingly
Potter Seig and Associates – represent Karen Slade
 8th of Oct, 2012 by   Mixx Global Publicity Firm -1 Votes
Karen Slade the founder of Elite Image International is currently working and living bi-coastal in Atlanta and New York. Karen first entered the model and talent business as a child model and grew into an international model by her early twenties. Karen has worked with numerous clients throughout the US and Europe. From there she became a creative director for one of the top fashion photographers in the Northeast and became a production manager and photo stylist specializing in location shoots. She traveled throughout the US mainland and to England and Italy coordinating and styling fashion shoots. Her clients ranged from fashion designers to department stores and editorial magazines. From that platform she became an image consultant/brand manager and has been successfully finding and developing talent for fashion, lifestyle, film and TV. She has placed models and other industry professionals in the international markets of Europe including Paris, London and Milan and in the Asian markets. Models that she has developed have been featured in campaigns and editorials for Calvin Klein, L'Oreal, Guess, Sports Illustrated, Vogue, GQ and others. Actors that she developed have gone on to be featured in TV shows and films. Within the past year some of her actors have been on Vampire Diaries, Drop Dead Diva, 90210, Greeks, Shark, and on the upcoming show Kids and Camera. Others have had featured roles in films shot both in the Southeast and in the Los Angeles and New York markets. Karen has been a featured speaker in events around the world, giving seminars and sharing her expertise and her love of the business with those wanting to learn more about the business and how to develop a lasting career. In addition to her many accomplishments she also works for Ground Crew NYC in backstage productions and head stylist for Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in New York, Paris, London, and Milan. Also the Ground Crew NYC she worked in productions for Victoria’s Secret, BET Rip the Runway, NIKE, NFL, NBA and many others.
Previous her newest endeavor, iHeart Model and Talent EXPO and the National Model Boot Camp, she also created Elite Image International for over ten years she has helped create talent to be above industry standards. Karen is committed to maintaining a personal relationship with each person and client that has chosen her for representation and development in order that each can reach the goals that they set.
 3rd of Aug, 2013 by   maryannekate 0 Votes
HAH that dumb reply from Mixx Global, honey please don't try to sound professional on a sincere complaint. You look like an ASS Honestly, if she's so "famed" and "successful" and was even the inspiration for the show America's Next Top Model, WHY IN THE WORLD HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF HER NAME BEFORE THE STUPID INVITE EMAIL I RECIEVED. I am so glad I did my research. What bullshit. If you want to be serious in modeling, you will never have to pay a fee for it. Nice way of covering all that up saying it's a "competition"

Compitition my ass, yoou're not succumbing me for my money.

5 Tips on Finding a Reliable Automobile Repair Shop