Justine Avon (Sa)

False Reporting to Credit Bereau without prior disclosing thereof to client

Justine AVON South Africa
South Africa
Dear Sir or Madam
I am extremely unhappy with AVON - I wanted to find out if I qualify for a home lone and was informed that I had an unfavorable credit rating because of a unsettled account. I received the details of two credit bureaus to contact and when i obtained the details, it was for an amount of ZAR990.00 apparently owed to AVON. I haven't been an AVON representative for 2.5 years. I settled my account in 2010 already.
As soon as I was made aware of this issue, I phoned AVON credit control and spoke to Kim (Friday, 15/03/2013 at 16:57, she confirmed that I owed R95 and that it was written off as bad debt!) She said she will send me a statement with banking details - I am still waiting. Tuesday, 20/03/2012 13:52:47 i phoned again. This time I spoke to Leonie who confirmed that I only needed to pay R91.40 and advised me to send the proof of payment to their credit control). Only then might I receive a settlement confirmation letter - I was NEVER contacted by AVON or an AVON Representative about any outstanding payments within 2.5 years and never had a bad credit rating before! The info that AVON sent to the (2) seperate credit beraues was also INCORRECT.

One of the credit bereaus sent me a confirmation that the account was in the prescription process, however, by the payment being made on the 20/03/2013 the process was DISRUPTED and the account has since been updated to reflect paid up and that paid up accounts remain on record for a period of 3 years from the date it was updated to reflect as such.

Because of these mistakes and lack of communication from AVON, my financial credit has been negatively impacted and I personally will not be able to open any accounts or qualify for bonds. In 3 year's time the opportunity to purchase property would have passed and I was never even made aware of the fact that there was a problem with my AVON account in the first place. I am therefore emotionally, financially and reputationaly damaged by their unfair and unacceptable actions.

I would appreciate it if this error could be corrected and action be taken against Justine AVON South Africa.

Your urgent attention and response would be greatly appreciated.

KInd regards
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country South Africa Complaint category Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful?

Avon Logo Avon