logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (3 mins ago)
oneforkids.co.uk
Fake DVDs and seller is liar
2. (5 mins ago)
RBI
Fund Transfer
3. (7 mins ago)
Sonic Drive In
Carhop always asking to keep change
4. (16 mins ago)
Scam and theft

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Jobungo.com Complaints & Reviews - Jobungo.com posts bogus employment ads on Craigslist

Jobungo.com Contacts & Informations

Posted: 2012-09-21 by    Spencer@Jobungo.com

Jobungo.com posts bogus employment ads on Craigslist

jobungo.com
Dear Consumer 1960,

Jobungo provides free job alerts to our users as a valuable service to job seekers and we never collect your personal information on our site. I can assure you that we NEVER text message our users, nor would it even be possible because we never ask for a user’s cell phone number. Please be advised that after you click on a job listing that you are directed to an employer’s website. Unfortunately, we have no control over the content posted on an employer’s website. With millions of job listings, we do our best to filter out any result that looks suspicious, but we cannot ensure the validity of every single listing. It is very helpful if you can provide specific examples that I can review and share with our Compliance Team. Always use caution when providing your personal information online, and know that Jobungo will NEVER ask for this from any user. You may contact me directly at spencer@jobungo.com if you have any other concerns.

Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of May, 2011 by   Okkale 0 Votes

Jobungo.com - This website seems to be a scam, and I hate that I gave them my personal information
jobungo.com

I was job hunting and I came across this website, and everyday they send me job alerts about the ame jobs and location for the the job. This website seems to be a scam, and I hate that I gave them my personal information. Please careful if you get emails from this fake company.
 27th of Jul, 2011 by   Claire39 0 Votes
I receive job alerts daily and they are outdated and I would recommend that people stay away from this site.
 25th of Aug, 2011 by   Consumer 1960 0 Votes
Stay away from them. Fell for it and regret I gave personal info. Received text from Smith and Noble HR. What HR would send text? Scammers... ugh!
 28th of Sep, 2011 by   Pookibear 0 Votes
I began receiving daily emails from Jobungo, a company I never heard of and have not signed up for email alerts. I finally opened the site and the first thing they wanted was all my info for a quick search and any job listed was out-dated.
I am glad I googled their name and came across this site, you confirmed my suspicions. Thanks!
 15th of Oct, 2011 by   joe7777 0 Votes
Scam big time. I constantly get e-mails claiming I'm hired but I have to first provide all my sensitive information to proceed. Some even take the time explain that I'll receive payment via money orders, cashiers checks that I am to cash and distribute to charities. All sorts of different scenarios ending with my having to disclose sensitive information about myself.
 21st of Oct, 2011 by   Jag2 0 Votes
Thank you to all who have submitted info regarding Jobungo. Last week I just started getting emails from them and just deleted because I never signed up for them. Today I was curious and googled "What is Jobungo" and found this complaint sight. You all saved me a lot of time and frustration. Thank you!
 29th of Nov, 2011 by   giveusthefree +1 Votes
Scammers leave the unemployed people alone, need a job, not to be taking advantage of. Give us the free. (in my African voice) And stop calling me telling me you are a rep for the company i applied for, then try to get me to sign up for school, then when i tell you i don't want school you quickly hang up the phone, give us the free!!!
 13th of Dec, 2011 by   Georgia 2001 0 Votes
I agree, for a couple of weeks now, I have been responding to job openings that I was e-mailed, and when prompted to fill out apps or send resumes, you have to answer questions about school, and other adds in which all you are looking for is a job. Then somehow, at times, my computer tells me an error has occured, probably because you decline offers or do not pay subscription fees. Unbelievable, if you had money to accept their offers, you probably would not be looking for a job. Scam
 13th of Dec, 2011 by   AZvet 0 Votes
I just wanted to thank the folks who put this information out about the scammers on Jubongo. The fact that Americans should be protected from people who try and use the Internet to commit fraud and deceit against honest people looking for jobs. Once it has been established that they are scammers, they should be shut down and prevented from operating where ever they are located. Again my sincere thanks and hopefully no one will fall prey to the scam that Jubongo attempts to use to gain vital information from honest Americans.
 23rd of Feb, 2012 by   sioux28110 0 Votes
My husband has been unsuccessful in trying to find a job - any kind of job in the southeastern section of NC - he received info from Jobbungo yesterday - was excited that perhaps FINALLY he found something - the guy calls him immediately - wow - could this be - oh heck no - wanted to know if he wanted to go back to college - he replied NO - guys quickly hung up - yikes - isn't there something that we can do to shut these guys down??
 26th of Feb, 2012 by   sammyghost 0 Votes
I started receiving e-mails from Jobungo and when I responded they sent me to applicant tree.com who then had me fill out an online application. They asked me about schooling and cell phones, they also said I could get 500 dollars for taking a survey even asked if I use face book. They are a scam. Look up applicant tree.com and career-network.com on google and you will find all of these sites are just a scam. The alleged owner is known by our US government for multiple scams and was even convicted of a felony. Stay away don't respond back. Do your research on the companies they post like one they posted doesn't exists and another one the company does not exists in this area.
 28th of Feb, 2012 by   Darvine 0 Votes
I want to delete my ad and can't find no way to do it. I understand it is a fraud.
Dear Okkale,

I sincerely apologize for the delayed response to your concern, but I was just made aware of your posting. I assure you that we are not a fake company. Jobungo provides free job alerts to our users as a valuable service to job seekers and we NEVER collect your personal information (name, address, phone number) on our site. Please be advised that after you click on a job listing that you are directed to an employer’s website. Unfortunately, we have no control over the content posted on an employer’s website, but please let me know of specific results that appear fraudulent so I can advise our Compliance Team. With millions of job listings, we do our best to filter out any result that looks suspicious, but we cannot ensure the validity of every single listing. Always use caution when providing your personal information online, and know that Jobungo will NEVER ask for this from any user. Please contact me directly at spencer@jobungo.com if you have any other concerns.

Dear Clair39,

I am sorry that you do not find Jobungo’s job alerts to be useful. In certain geographic markets there are less new jobs available, so your local alerts may not always contain new postings. We ask users that are no longer interested in receiving these messages to deactivate their job alerts by unsubscribing. Please contact me directly at spencer@jobungo.com if you have any other concerns.

Dear Pookibear,

I am sorry that you do not find Jobungo’s job alerts to be useful. In certain geographic markets there are less new jobs available, so your local alerts may not always contain new postings. We ask users that are no longer interested in receiving these messages to deactivate their job alerts by unsubscribing. Additionally, our search results page allows a user to refine their search results by posting date and job distance. Using these search refinements, you can find jobs posted as recently as the past 3 days. Please contact me directly at spencer@jobungo.com if you have any other concerns.

Dear joe7777,

I am sorry that you are receiving messages that ask for your personal information, but we do not send any such messages. Jobungo provides free job alerts to our users as a valuable service to job seekers and we never collect your personal information on our site. I can assure you that we never send the type of emails you have described. It would be very helpful if you could forward me the messages described so I can make sure that the Jobungo brand is not being used without permission. I take these concerns very seriously, and our Compliance Team is dedicated to ensuring the highest quality of service to our users. Our goal is to help our users find available jobs from employers in their area. We are not a staffing agency, so we do not offer jobs directly from our company. Always use caution when providing your personal information online, and know that Jobungo will NEVER ask for this from any user. Please contact me directly at spencer@jobungo.com if you have any other concerns.

Dear Jag2,

I am sorry that you do not find Jobungo’s job alerts to be useful. We provide these alerts as a free service to job seekers. We ask users that are no longer interested in receiving these messages to deactivate their job alerts by unsubscribing. I am very sorry that you have not had a positive experience with our brand; plesae contact me directly at spencer@jobungo.com if you have any other concerns.

Dear giveusthefree,

Jobungo provides free job alerts to our users as a valuable service to job seekers and we never collect your personal information on our site. I can assure you that we NEVER solicit our users over the telephone; in fact, we do not even know our users’ telephone numbers because we never ask for that information. Please be advised that after you click on a job listing that you are directed to an employer’s website. Unfortunately, we have no control over the content posted on an employer’s website. With millions of job listings, we do our best to filter out any result that looks suspicious, but we cannot ensure the validity of every single listing. If you can provide specific examples for me to investigate, that will be very helpful. Always use caution when providing your personal information online, and know that Jobungo will NEVER ask for this from any user. Please contact me directly at spencer@jobungo.com if you have any other concerns.

Dear Georgia 2001,

Jobungo provides free job alerts to our users as a valuable service to job seekers and we never collect your personal information on our site. It would be very helpful to if you could provide an example that I can review with our Compliance Team. Please be advised that after you click on a job listing that you are directed to an employer’s website. When you fill out an application or submit your resume, you are not sending that information to Jobungo. Unfortunately, we have no control over the content posted on an employer’s website. With millions of job listings, we do our best to filter out any result that looks suspicious, but we cannot ensure the validity of every single listing. Always use caution when providing your personal information online, and know that Jobungo will NEVER ask for this from any user. Please contact me directly at spencer@jobungo.com if you have any other concerns.

Dear AZvet,

I have reviewed your comment and would like to ask for additional details about your complaint. Jobungo provides free job alerts to our users as a valuable service to job seekers and we never collect your personal information on our site. Our goal is to help our users find available jobs from employers in their area. We do not engage in any fraudulent practices, nor would it be in our interest to mislead our job seekers. Always use caution when providing your personal information online, and know that Jobungo will NEVER ask for this from any user. Please contact me directly at spencer@jobungo.com if you have additional information.

Undercover Charities Scam