logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (50 mins ago)
pof.com - plentyoffish
pof.com - wrong treatment of its users
2. (50 mins ago)
Speed Services Couriers
Losing my parcel and do even letting me know
3. (1 hr 21 mins ago)

itechacharya Complaints & Reviews - scam instead of technical support

itechacharya Contacts & Informations

itechacharya

Posted: 2012-04-07 by    Henrymyman

scam instead of technical support

itechacharya
United Kingdom
itechacharya.co.uk
This website offers technical support. But they tried to scam me by scaring me that i had a virus on my computer after taking control of it.
Then told me I had to pay for the virus to be removed. There was no virus or infection on my computer.
They tried to fool me by showing errors and warnings logs and they told me that those were all virus activities.
I have microsoft antivirus and i called microsoft after hanging up on them & microsoft told me that my computer was clean.
What a scam.
Comments United Kingdom Computers & Accessories
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Feb, 2013 by   bksquared -2 Votes
These people are Big Trouble. Do not believe a word. KISS YOUR MONEY GOODBYE. They scammed my husband into believing there were issues with the computer. They wanted $229 for support and 1yr AVG software. We cannot run AVG as it interfers with a ceton TV unit. No problem. They offer a choice of other programs. Kaspersky is selected. They install a trial version using a crack code and key. I called to complain that a 90 day version is not acceptable. No problem when we renew it you will have a full year version. Day 5 of trying to get a code and key for a license. Today they tell me to buy the program and they will send me a check as a refund. They also tell me it won't work with m y machine
 26th of Feb, 2013 by   Dr. S. Kar -2 Votes
I have been conned by itechacharya. I could not get access to my Hotmail account on23rd February so I contacted @ Customer Services at Hotmail. On trying to contact the site I was connected to itechacharya. I was told that I had Trojan files and my data has been hacked. I was led to believe that they will rectify it at a cost. Like a fool, I believed it and got the computer cleared. On 25th February I found that same problem recurring and now I cannot access to hotmail account at all. I paid £ 349.99 on my credit card for ''protection walls'' for 4 years only to fine that it was a scam which has left me worried sick. I am a senior citizen and not in good health. This has really shaken me.
 15th of Mar, 2013 by   Itech Acharya -2 Votes
This internet is a scam. BEWARE! All the above about unhappy customers is true. I am contacting the FBI equivalent for internet prevention such as this one. I was taken for $299.99. Their information is not consistent from one agent to another. I urge persons of any age, any background, to help close down organizations such as this and contact authorities though the FBI. WE WILL NOT TOLERATE INFRINGEMENT ON OUR RIGHTS AS AMERICAN CITIZENS.
 25th of Mar, 2013 by   Chems 0 Votes
I had a problem with my yahoo email account in that it would not open an attachment. I contacted applecare who told me that I needed to contact yahoo. They gave me a number telling me that it was yahoo support uk. It wasn't. It turned out to be Itechacharya. They told me that there was a problem with my email account and computer and took remote access to diagnose the problem. They said I had a virus from facebook and that I had 18 hackers attached to my computer who were monitoring everything I was doing on my computer. They pulled up a list of hackings and said that my online security and online banking was compromised that I should not use my computer to do anything. They said they can sort out the problem. They told me to pay £299.99 to clean my mac and provide a years service. They were very pushy and I was terrified. Yes these people are terrorists. I told them that I had applecare and they said that applecare doesn't cover this problem and that if I go to apple they will charge me around £700 to sort out this problem. They kept pushing and wouldn't give me time to think asking how I would like to pay. Eventually I told them I didn't have any money right now and that I would think about it. I got off the phone after over an hour and googled itechacharya and saw the complaints people were making about them being scammers. I then carried on investigating and found that there were free virus scanners available on app store. I used ClamXav to scan my mac and it picked up 2 phising emails which I deleted. I then read that it is very dangerous to give anyone access to your computer as they might install spyware on it. I then investigated and found I can use MacScan for free for 30 days to check for spyware. I used MacScan and it found a load of tracking cookies. But my browser can show me these anyway. So I was reassured that there was nothing wrong with my computer. A security update on my mac eventually opened the attachment that I was having trouble with in the first place. I have lodged a complaint with applecare for being fed to the wolves by one of their agents. They should have dealt with my query and not passed me to a shady company claiming they were my email providers, which they were not! Itechacharya are fraudsters and people need to beware of their terrorism.
 14th of Jul, 2013 by   HELPER OF PEOPLE 0 Votes
THIS COMPANY IS A BIG SCAM, I WAS AM EMPLOY OF THIS COMPANY, THEY TARGET THE OLD PEOPLE BY SCARING THEM THEY TELL THEM " COMPUTER IS HACKED, NETWORK IS HACKED, EMAIL IS HACKED, IP ADDRESS IS HACKED, ETC "
THIS COMPANY CAN SHUT DOWN AT ANY POINT OF TIME.
 27th of Aug, 2013 by   joan anthony 0 Votes
i tech acharya is a delhi based company run by some professional hackers and their leader is Yash Vardhan and it is registered in jaipur
thr registered address of all the directors is also the same which has been manipulated on papers. Kindly ask your bank/credit card company to reverse your payment, if you feel you guys have been charged fraudulently.Folks take this step at the earliest to avoid your hard earned money loss which is going into the hands of hackers. Here is another link which proves i tech acharya is a scam
 2nd of Sep, 2013 by   Trip Junkie 0 Votes
I went through the same issues, paid them for support, read about the secrecy of company home base, we aren't sure where the company is really located. I also ordered and paid for software as well, from another mystery sister company, whereabouts not disclosed (I thought I could trust them, haha, joke is on me!). I paid over $300 for support and software and they still have not refunded or responded to reports I sent them about being illegitimate. You might be temporarily satisfied, but you are fooled. Don't go outside the U.S. for support, you are asking for problems, and no refunds for your hard-earned money!
 1st of Oct, 2013 by   D C Broderick 0 Votes
Itechacharya is an out and out scam! They lie about the coondition of one's computer and con the victim into giving them control of one's computer. Then they come through with stories about how badly the computer is compromised and how they can fix it for a price. They do no such thing.
Then, when one wants to take advantage of their "30 day guarantee" it proves impossible to reach them using any normal means. One comment above about the personnel being rude is right on the mark!
 10th of Nov, 2013 by   innocent.guy 0 Votes
Even i was the employee there, they throw me out of the company just because they cannot pay me, even after having scammed so many peoples, there manager name is NEHA GULATI her e-mail is neha.g@xcelserv.com phone number: +919958584465 and C.E.O name is SENTHIL, and assi manager name is ROHIT MAHINDRA : +919891580862 and his fucking girlfriend name is POORNIMA, address of company udyog vihar phase 4 MM TOWER floor 6, building number 8 and 9, GURGAON, INDIA

Please BBB and FTC close this compnay and sue her manager ASAP

giving technical support company to any customer isnt wrong ...but scamming should be prohibited ...even in US AND UK there are third party technical company like geeks squad and best buy but they doesnt scam their customer, , , , it doesnt matter if you are a third party ...if u are genuine any person can trust you ...but this company is just a shit ...
 9th of Jan, 2014 by   Rob59 0 Votes
the same has happened to me as above. I thought that I would never be caught out but! Itech Acharya, I-Tech-tech service, and Kavish Technosoft are they all in it together and yes I did did get caught out. How do I report this to the authorities?
 12th of Jun, 2014 by   Ken 3422 0 Votes
I work for the State of Wyoming as a criminal investigator and am in Cheyenne, WY. Itech acharya claims to be located at 1903 S. Greeley Hwy #198, Cheyenne, WY . 82007. They are NOT at that location. That location is the address of American Storage & Postal Service. Phone number (307)635-9335. Email: amerstor@bresnan.net. I personally went to that address and was told that they have no business relationship with itech acharya and that itech acharya is NOT located there. I can be contacted at (307)777-5349 or email at ken.gassen@wyo.gov.

Airline Websites May Offer Cheapest Tickets