logo

GreenGeeks Hosting
BEWARE
5. (12 mins ago)
Upworkptr.com
Stay away from these crooks

Consumer Tips & Tricks

IMVU

IMVU beta
Robbinsdale, Minnesota
imvu.com
I think that imvu is a waste of time.I think the game is completley unfair.They dont give you any credits.They lie about what you can do to get them.And I think the people on there are disrespectful.They are always cuesing.And alot of people on there are stuck up.And they dont know how to act respectful.I think that the people who created this game are stupid.There whole company should shut down.This imvu game sucks.It is the worst online game that I have ever played.I will not suggest this game to my friends.And I will never play this game again!
Comments United States Scam Contests
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Mar, 2009 by   mrssquarepnts84 -1 Votes
I agree with you.I bought some credits and nad I love being able to make a avatar but chatting is another story everyone on there is very disrespectful.I thought I was the only one who thought this.I deleted it off my computer nothing but junk.
 15th of Mar, 2009 by   KoolKid2 -1 Votes
I also Agree With You because Just The The Other Day I brought A IMVU CArd For 25 Dollars And I Havent Got The Credits So I got Ripped so I deleted DA Shit. Also The People On There Are stuck Up. They Think Dey better Den Every One Else
 1st of Apr, 2009 by   MidnightsFire2099 +2 Votes
I have had an avatar on IMVU for the past 15 months (MidnightsFire2099) and had purchased the Access Pass, VIP pass and lots of credits. On 3/27/09 I went to log onto my account only to find it had been disabled. I contacted IMVU and they sent me a list of things to try to restore my account. I did them all and nothing worked. I finally filed a help ticket (ticket# 55565-896283) and was told that I would receive a reply within the next two business days to resolve the issue. Two days went by and nothing. I contacted them again and they sent me a link to review and update the status of my ticket. I click onto the link and it tells me that I am not authorized to view this ticket. I contact them again and they won't even reply to me. Basically I have been robbed of everything I had acquired over the 15 months. Rooms, furniture, clothing, accessories, skins, furniture, credits, etc. Over that 15 months I have spent roughly $200 customizing my avatar and rooms as well as making friends and a good rep on IMVU only to have it all disabled by the company without so much as a reason why or a 'F*ck You' from them. Had I done this to someone in the real world, get someone to invest their hard earned money into my company and then taken it all from them I would be charged with every fraud crime under the sun! I feel that IMVU has cheated and robbed me and should be held liable for their actions. I may have to pursue legal action against the company if they continue to ignore me.
 15th of May, 2009 by   MaybeJustMaybe 0 Votes
Here's my opinion on IMVU:
Forget the fact that it gives you a virus when you install it and slows down your computer (no matter how awesome it is) the people on there are so god damn childish! I can't go into one room without people looking for cyber sex, an e-girlfriend/boyfriend, or cussing me out because I refused to e-date them. It's impossible to have a good solid chat with someone you don't know. I also hate how they ripped me off when I bought a card and NEVER received my credits. They are the most greedy company ever. Who wants to waste real money on some noobish name? Why can't they just delete the in-active accounts instead of asking for money for them? I hate that I can't talk on the forums without ordering or registering my name, I hate that I actually spent real money on credits on there only to get ripped off or have to un-install IMVU due to it fucking my computer up big time. I bought the maximum amount of credits, bought some nice clothes and stuff, and when I went ont he next day, they were all gone. Everything I bought was gone except earrings and a pair of pants. All the credits I had left were gone, and I know I wasn't hacked because I am very careful with my accounts and would know. The Customer Service is horrible! When an old account I spent a lot of money on was disabled, they wouldn't help me at all, just like the above person mentioned. The last negative experience I had was when I found numerous charges on my credit card from IMVU that I DID NOT charge. I keep track of how many times I use my card with any website. I was peeved when I saw the extra charges put on my card that nearly ruined my credit because it was hard paying them off when I had a lot of other things I needed to pay for.
 1st of Jun, 2009 by   ny martial -2 Votes
I am a member of imve my account name is 'newyorktaurus' only problem is too hard to earn credits . feel free to add me
 4th of Jul, 2009 by   XdrakhourX -1 Votes
DONT buy cr fron imvu just go to evilcredits.com the cr is really dirt cheep i NEVER buy a imvu gift card i just buy a visa gift card i buy way more cr with 10$ on this site thank god ive never had any probs on imvu mybe cuz i'm in the more mature rooms like Brains Required or hotter then hell just buy ap they usually have it on sale and they give you cr for 14$ on hoildays btw my avis name is XdarkhourX
 14th of Jul, 2009 by   BADDARMYGRRL -1 Votes
I think all of you are retards and jackasses. None of you understand how make so much money on IMVU. I have been a member for over 2 years. I have VIP and access pass status. I also own 2 rooms in which I make a lot of money on. If you do it right you can own your own rooms and make money, you get payed in credits and then you sell as many as you want back to IMVU and they pay you in cash. I get a monthly check for over 2000 dollars usually more depending on business. You idiots couldn't tell your own head from your ass. You can do everything on there, first you get 10 ppl at least when you join. Talk to them everyday at least 15 mins, this will build up friends and clientelle. Then start going into rooms to see what makes money and what ppl are interested in and how they react to scenery. All these ppl you meet will spread by word of mouth about your new business you create, and you also have potential employees for your club or whatever you make. Also Best Buy sells for 150.00 the IMVU expansition pack which consists your VIP pass, access pass, plenty of starter cards for credits to buy furniture and rooms, clothes, objects, . And will come with one business for you to own and start to make money for that monthly check you get in the mail. You also have to have an online banking account so IMVU can pay you all credits earned to convert to cash so you get your check. I love IMVU and only idiots and morans complain about it because they want everything for free!! Get off your ass and go to speedway gas station or best buy and buy a 10 card that gives you 10, 000 credits! I hate ppl that want everything for free, the same ppl who beg for badges on IMVU!!
 30th of Jul, 2009 by   bresman 0 Votes
i bought somethings on imvu.com and i didnt recieve them and it kept my credits so i think i should be reembersed all the credits i spent on those items the amount i spent was 1000000 credits.
 4th of Aug, 2009 by   gabriel598 -1 Votes
all my clothes are gone on imvu i want it back or give me 1000000 promo credits
 5th of Aug, 2009 by   teresa43 0 Votes
hi iv submitted a bunch of tickets to get my avi back (tree43) an it says will respond in 2-3 working days its now been nearly 2 months why havent i hired anything yet??
 13th of Aug, 2009 by   WhatTheFuckYou -3 Votes
Ha, Why cant people spell anymore? Hey, heres an idea. How about.. All you people... Go fuck yourselves?
 18th of Aug, 2009 by   lisa32567 -1 Votes
i bought ap for my avitar lisa32567 and i was billed on my debit card twice but i never recieved the access pass (ap) they charged me 30$ the reason 30$ because you had a sale on ap 14.99 including 10, 000 credits wich i thought was a bargain but was instead ripped off not once but twice the reason twice cause i thought i made a misstake when i ordered ap with my debit card so i ordered it a second time the reason i was determend to order this ap cause it was a good sale gettin 10, 000 credits and i do enjoy imvu i tell alot of people of your service they purchase lots of credits as well i feel like i was robbed by imvu wich makes me hate imvu i use to purchase credits alot but i wont being afrain i will not get my credits like i didnt get my ap... thank you for your time p.s if u want satisfy costumers keep your costumers happy sincerly lisa32567(avitar name) wvaisvilas@yahoo.com
 19th of Aug, 2009 by   sheng hui -1 Votes
I was a member for 3 days and it causes trauma...full of idiot people who talk stupid stuff. also the graphics are absolutely lame!! i spit on every occasion i hear imvu...i'm serious.
 19th of Aug, 2009 by   sheng hui -1 Votes
imvu sucks...crappy people crappy graphics...I was a member for 3 days and I got spammed by them...they are idiots and everyone who uses it is an idiot. everytime i hear imvu i spit...seriously
 19th of Aug, 2009 by   willowbabie -1 Votes
had some TOS Flagging happy woman go nuts with my page and avi pic, i had a rl pic with only belly showing which i had forever, but because she didn't approve of it, went to my page threw a group thread. tos everything she could think of even products, she must of memorized the whole thing. She even left me two messages and blocked me 1 being she didn't like my avi pic and 2 that shes tos me that she reported over 900 people, Now why and how does imvu allow a woman to tag happy and then i go to a doc appt come back they disabled my account with no warning or anything, Willowbabie. I might take legal action myself due to there was no reasons for disabling me my page was ap and i had nothing wrong with my picture. I don't sell illegal things or make them i am a dev working hard spending lots of money i don't even have to spend. Its very unfair. can someone tell me why if someone flags u cause they don't like something or just for the hell of it, is it a automated imvu message that pops up to fix the prob or does imvu staff work and actually come see whats being bitched about? Cause honestly i was wrongly treated and to me this is abuse, Robbery. 3rds of all the work i put into it, and whats the deal with when ur disabled imvu keeps the credits still selling ur products? Below is the messages this woman left and blocked and had me deleted, to me i also think she had an inside imvu staff member help her do that. Ill be hell bent one way or another to get some justice!
 21st of Aug, 2009 by   ShortyGal -2 Votes
My bf got disabled while I was in the hospital. He wasn't on for 3 days and all of a sudden he's disabled. WTF? I am about ready to leave IMVU. It's getting really stupid. I am a developer with 2 accounts both I use for developing. All it takes is for someone to be mad and you can lose your account. So stupid.
 8th of Sep, 2009 by   uirertyhjyr -1 Votes
IMVU CAN SO SUCK SOME MOTHER FUCKING COCK. NO FUCKING JOKE. FUCKKK IT SUCKS ASS. IT INTEFERES WIT YOUR FUCKING SCHOOL GRADES AND FUCKS ALONG WIT CHU. SO EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WIT ME. GO FUCK YOURSELFS OR GO SUCK SOME FUCKING COCK. <___<
 8th of Oct, 2009 by   lyndsay -1 Votes
why is the vip thing only in cent not pound ect.. and you should be able to buy them with your phone too. my account was hacked and they changed the password and email adress so i couldnt even get on it, i spent so much money on it and when i complained they never did anything about it, i was so angry, now i have another 1 i want to be a vip but i cant because i dont have a credit card or anything and it was only in cents so i coulnt get it.
 25th of Oct, 2009 by   arobinson -1 Votes
I lie imvu but at the same time i hate it they are telling me that i have no money when i know i bought it and i can't send my friend a gift becuz they say i have no money i can't earn credits because they lie about it it slows my computer down big time and occasionally shuts it off. If i experience one more problem this is going to get very legal
My avatar name is flychic16 btw.
 30th of Oct, 2009 by   Scentedpages -1 Votes
yeah yeah, lol all you posted? it happend to me. if you dont like things that could happen to you using imvu, look for the codes that could hide it.

3 Investments to Avoid This Year