logo

FAKE ID SITES NOT A SCAM
FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS
2. (2 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
3. (2 mins ago)
Stay Away!!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Impact Guns Complaints & Reviews - Buyer beware Impact Guns, they do not do as advertised

Impact Guns Contacts & Informations

Impact Guns

Posted:    Valerie

Buyer beware Impact Guns, they do not do as advertised

Impact Guns
www.impactguns.com

As a pistol shooter and ex law enforcement I need certain acc for my hobby and I search for the best deals I can find. I ran across a web site called Impact guns and they had what I was looking, magazines for my pistol and at a great price with no shipping charges plus ships with in 48 hrs, that was 8/9/07, still no product. I have contacted them several times and they say sorry its on the way or will ship today or the next day. Well I have had it so I thought I would put this info on your site so others could shop elsewhere and I am also contacting 2 gun magazines plus NRA and BBB. Buyer beware of this site, they do not do as advertised.
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Jan, 2008 by   John Davis 0 Votes
I have to strongly agree with this complaint.

I purchased a Kel Tec SU-16C rifle and spare mag from Impact guns and had so many problems with Impact Guns I could not believe they are allowed to stay in business.

The shipping took 2 weeks which is absolutely ridiculous and unsafe for a firearm to be in transit so long.

They overcharged me on the rifle. I printed out an invoice from the for $479 including shipping. They charged my credit card $522.

The "new" magazine I purchased was very well used and looked to have been dropped on every corner.

After 2 weeks of constant emails to Impact guns I never got a single response to their bait and switch pricing. I called their customer service department and after 15 minutes on hold got some kid who promptly put me on hold for 30 minutes before hanging up on me.

Impact guns refused to take the mag back because I opened the package. It's not safe to use so I'll have to destroy it.

Impact Guns refuses to answer any of my emails or phone messages. They should be shut down and fined.
 25th of Mar, 2008 by   Not Pleased 0 Votes
I had a similar experience as the original complaint.
Ordered a pistol that was "In Stock" and ships in 5-7 business days, so I figure a week and a half tops. I call after 2 weeks, and get the runaround that it should be arrive from the distributor in a couple days. I decide to call back every week from the order date and on the third week I get news that it shipped from their distributor on the previous friday and should be in by the day I called or the next day of the 3rd week. No emails that it has shipped to my FFL, so I call back and they said it should be in on Friday or Monday at the latest. I wait out Monday and call on Tuesday, four weeks after ordering and finally talk to a woman who knows what she is talking about. She indicated that it was ORDERED on the Friday of the 2nd week (not shipped) and that it was coming directly from the manufacturer. So they didn't even place the order until after 2 1/2 weeks. Then it was estimated that it would take 2-4 MORE weeks for them to receive the gun. I promptly asked her to cance my order.

I have read mixed reviews on the company (after placing my order unfortunately). Most people indicate long shipping times. If you live near one of their stores, everything is fine in the shop. Just the online sales are terrible.

It's bad enough that they make a shipping time estimate, but then to go over by several weeks is not good business practice. If only I had known before hand, I would have already had my firearm and waited the appropriate state mandated waiting period.
 7th of May, 2008 by   Patrick Mullaly 0 Votes
Over the past several years I have purchased several firearms through Impact Guns in Ogden, Utah. I have used them as my preferred dealer when ordering through Davidson's Gallery of Guns online, I have ordered online from their website, and I have placed orders with them at the store. I have found their customer service and their personnel to be excellent. Are they perfect? No. They make errors just like everyone else, however, I have NEVER had a problem with their making it right every time. With all the guns I have purchased there, I have never experienced any "bait and switch" tactics nor have I felt that they have misrepresented themselves or the products they sell. They continue to be the first place I go to purchase firearms.
 13th of May, 2008 by   Kevin H. 0 Votes
I ordered a holster from these folks and got an e-mail reply that said if there was a backorder I would be notified, or when it shipped I would be sent the tracking number. Eight days later I had gotten neither one so I sent an e-mail...Nothing. Called them today to be told it would be two to three more weeks, I asked why no e-mail to notify as previous mentioned, they could care less 2-3 weeks was it. I asked why it showed in stock and shipping in 48hrs on their website while we were on the phone, and the young lady tells me it is not in their warehouse and it will be 2-3 weeks. Won't use them again, no way. Feels too slimey...K
 17th of May, 2008 by   Dee 0 Votes
I have dealt both online and in person at the Ogden, UT store. In person the service was wonderful and top of the line with gun stores across the country. Online my magazine purchase was bait and switch and took for ever to arrive. Sounds to me if they are completely separate business structures.
 16th of Nov, 2008 by   Bill tell 0 Votes
all I can say after a miserable transaction for a class 3 purchase is MAKE sure that if you run into a guy named Alan in the Ogden store, avoid him like the plague. He has possibly the most pathetic buisness tact and non-existant customer service skills I've ever come across. A few of my buddies and I have sincerely had dialogue regarding how it's possible for a retailer to stay in buisness with employees like alan pissing off customers left and right.
 21st of Nov, 2008 by   Charles Callaway 0 Votes
I have not been able to bring up their website so I do not even have a number to call. The site says they were shut down on the 15th due to non-renewal. It has been almost 3 weeks since I ordered (and since they charged my creit card) and I have not received anything. Does anyone know if they are still in business?
 22nd of Nov, 2008 by   Rain 0 Votes
Charles, I know the Ogden shop is still in business, their ph. # is(801) 393-2474 or (888) 505-3086 good luck!
 9th of Jan, 2009 by   usap 0 Votes
Does anybody know if Impact Guns is still in business?? I have been calling both of their phone numbers listed on the website for two days, but all I get is a busy signal. All of their links to "Ask a Question" or "Customer Service" are broken. I finally found an email address for FFL questions, so I sent my question to that address. I received an auto-reply from them thanking me for the question and they would be responding very soon. After reading the comments above, I am not expecting to ever hear anything back from them. My email service sent me a "Delivery Failure" notice stating that the email address does not exist. Very strange.
The only reason I wanted to use Impact Guns is because they are the only vendor that has the gun I am looking for (Glock 26 with the Keyed Safety Lock in the bottom of the grip). It is listed as "out of stock ... accepting orders". Once again, from the comments above, I should not be surprised if they took my money and I never received the product. Every other site I have researched DOES NOT charge your credit card UNTIL the product has SHIPPED. It is wrong that these guys are taking people's money before shipment and running from responsibility.
Thanks to everybody who posted your experience with Impact Guns ... I will follow your advice and avoid these bums.
 17th of Jan, 2009 by   Mike 0 Votes
I'm afraid I have to agree on Impact's poor on-line service. I bought several guns from them when I lived near their store, and aside from some pretty unprofessional sales folks, the transactions went fine. Since moving I have made two on-line orders. The first, for a Kel Tek magazine, went fine but the second, for a much more expensive Crimson Trace laser sight, has not gone so well. I received the initial email telling me they had received my order and would send an email within 24 hours if it was backordered. Almost two weeks later and I have heard nothing further; no emails, no tracking number and no order. I have tried to contact their "customer service" email, but the link on their site does not work and I have not been able to get through on their customer service phone number. They had the best price on the sight, but I wish I had read the above comments before ordering. No matter how good the price, if the item doesn't arrive, what good is it. I ordered several items from other dealers the same day I placed the order with Impact, and everything else arrived a long time ago. I'll let everyone know how things turn out.
 27th of Jan, 2009 by   Mike 0 Votes
UPDATE - I finally got through on the Impact customer service phone number (the link still doesn't work). To make a long story short, after two more phone calls they admited they had charged my credit card, but never shipped the order. The said they wouid ship it 2nd day service, but them emailed to say they had screwed up again and shipped it regular shipping. It arrived today, three weeks after it was ordered, so it is a happy ending. Final analysis - good prices but undependable service. I doubt I will order anything else from them.
 2nd of Feb, 2009 by   ronald 0 Votes
I try to buy a parts of my firearm to impact online store becouse of the promise in their website that the stuff will arrived with 24 to 34 hours and now i'll been waitng for 1 week 3 days still no parts arrived, as all other folks do i directly call them directly 9luckily i have a friend who knows their direct number) and do you know what they say to me!! do to some error we have not yet process your order, and they have already changed by credit card on the first day of my order!! those**** anyhow the total week before i get my gun part is one month and 4 days would you immagine that with all the agony, frusration and the waiting please guys avoid this on line store in the future.
 14th of Feb, 2009 by   replica guns 0 Votes
Newlightartworks Manufacturer and Exporter of Replica Guns & Replica Swords, Damascus Blades, excellent quality guns, Wholesalers of Replica Guns & Rifles from India, replica weapons, replica gun collections, blank firing guns, decorative replica gun, replica rifles, replica pistol, designer replica guns, air rifles, air pistols
 23rd of Feb, 2009 by   j.b 0 Votes
I recently dealt with impact guns too. I ordered a DPMS Panter Lite 16. It took 2 1/2 months to receive the gun which was not bad due to increase in backordered gun sales. But when i received the gun it had the standard A2 stock instead of the collapsible. I called and told them the mistake and she said i could send the gun back. I asked her why would i want to send it back just for the stock. They should just ship me a new one. She said they have been out of them for months. I brought to her attention that is probably the reason they didnt put mine on. She then continued to tell me the gun i ordered when up in price by a $100 bucks in the past few weeks. Up to $1100 bucks. HMMMMM... I ordered this gun in early Dec. 2008 right before the guns jumped in price for $669.99 and the website is currently showing the gun for $739.99. So where did the $1100 bucks for the gun come from? I guess they lost out on about $400 bucks by sending me a gun that was the wrong price online. And never once did she offer or attempt to fix the problem of sending the wrong stock. Overall i did not have a pleasant experience with Impact Guns and would not recommend them for your firearm and shooting needs.
 5th of Mar, 2009 by   James B 0 Votes
Absolutely horrible service. They take the order - and then do nothing. I placed an order for $2200 firearm that was listed as in stock. After hearing nothing from them I call them up and find out that nothing has been done, oh and by the way, they just sold that gun to someone else. Unbelievable.
 10th of Mar, 2009 by   sirscico 0 Votes
I haven't bought from these guys, thank GOD. I just wanted to post to thank all of you for posting your problems here, I was thinking about using them but not now! Thanks guys, Sorry about your bad experiences.
 16th of Mar, 2009 by   unhappy 0 Votes
I wish I saw this complaint page before I ordered from Impact Guns. Almost 2 weeks after my order and they haven't even processed it yet. Fed up with waiting, I bought the stuff locally, and the funny part is, it only cost me $0.11 more after tax (so it was technically cheaper locally).
Of course, now I need to cancel the order, but their phone lines seem to be permanently busy, and they say on their contact us web page, ''All order cancellations must be called in."
That's convenient...
I recently noticed that a lot of online stores are accredited through the Better Business Bureau. Impact Guns is not. If you buy from this store, you're taking a big risk.
 16th of Mar, 2009 by   jwd 0 Votes
I want to thank all of you for taking the time to let the rest of us know about your experiences. Sad thing is, they supposedly have a Benelli 24" rifled slug barrel in "Advantage" Max-4HD camo. This barrel seems to be hard to find. If any of you know where I can purchase one from a reputable dealer, please let me know where.

Thx.,
jd
 18th of Mar, 2009 by   ammon 0 Votes
This past weekend I placed an order for an Armalite AR-10 complete upper. They are VERY hard to find right now, but their site said they were in stock. I placed the order. Then Monday I saw the also had Rock River Arm AR-15 lowers in stock. Again, a very hard to find part. (without spending about double MSRP)

Then yesterday I read the reviews on this site and I got really scared. I called them up and spoke to someone after only about 4 minutes on hold. I wanted to verify the items really were in stock and they were going to be shipped. They said they were going out that day. An hour later I received a phone call to verify the shipping address.
So far so good! Unless something changes dramatically, I will be ordering from them again.
I'll keep everyone posted if something does change.
 24th of Mar, 2009 by   Carl Schmidt 0 Votes
It now has been over 6 weeks since I ordered a Moseberg shot gun from them - I have heard nothing... I called them after being on hold for a very long time... The guy who ans the phone said it was still on back order and I may hear back in about another month... I am scared that I may never get the gun uas by the time they are ready to ship it - Obama will have band them.

They have my credit card number but I have not been charged yet.
Now I find this site... with all the comments.

Its no good to report anything to the Better Business bureau as they are self serving. It is like complaining to General Motors if you buy a bad Chevrolet.

Useful Information About Overdraft Fees