logo

Misleading Consumers

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

IDENTITY PROTECTOR (myidpro), Illinois Complaints & Reviews - Did receive information regarding product

IDENTITY PROTECTOR (myidpro) Contacts & Informations

IDENTITY PROTECTOR (myidpro)

Posted:    sayNOtoFRAUDkeepUSsafe

Did receive information regarding product

CPP North America, LLC
Illinois
respondingtolife.com
A New York & Co. card representative offered this product to me for free for a month w/c I was interested in trying so I did. I waited for a whole month so they can send me the information and nothing came. I finally got my bill and I had to pay $14.99 for a service that I didn't receive. $14.99 is not much but I hate to pay for something that I didn't get. I called them 2x last week to tell them that I didn't receive "the kit" that they talking about and the two reps that I talked to said that I will get it in 30 mins. A whole day came & went and guess what? I have not seen a damned e-mail. I called the ff. day & the rep was nice but she said I may get this e-mail in 2-3 days. For an e-mail?! So, I said okay and since I was upset she offered me 5 months w/out charge for this since I still needed to pay my card for this. She told me to wait for 2-3 days, right?! The only time I recieved an e-mail from them was when I finally sent an e-mail of complaint. Oh, by the way, the last rep I talked to gave me an account no. that worked for 1 day and didn't work the next. I made sure that they knew about that, too. So, now they gave me a new one that I'm hoping will work for a while. I'm sorry but I don't want to be mean but how can you make your customers trust you when they do their buss. this way. I don't understand how they can send me a reply so quickly after I complained and replied again after I questioned them a 2nd time and not receive anything from the beginning for more than a month.
Comments United States Credit Report Websites
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Feb, 2011 by   Disappointed and robbed twice +2 Votes
This happened to me too. I was gonna cancel on the second month of my membership, but the rep stopped and convinced me to keep my membership for 6 months free. I paid off my NY and company card and wondered why there's still this $14 charge. I have been a victim of ID theft twice after I agreed to MY ID PRO. It's either its a scam, or just incompetent customer service.
 13th of May, 2011 by   Miss Common Sense +2 Votes
I signed up for this service too to get a $20 Express Gift Card. On the positive side, I will say that their customer service rep was very friendly and professional and processed my cancellation without any hassle (FYI the number to cancel is: 866-802-7621). I decided to cancel though for a few reasons that I believe makes this company look shady -- especially after reading the previous comment.
1. I did not receive their materials until day 27 of my 30-day trial period.
2. The website on their mailings (myIDpro.com) is not their website. It is the one stated in the company information above: www2.respondingtolife.com
3. You log-in with your member number, zip code, and email address. There is no password to set up and nothing but a zip code to "verify" you are the person associated with the member number. I gave them an email that I only use with sites I don't trust.
3. Once logged in, they have a tempting "Risk Assessment" tool which evaluates how at risk you are for identity theft, however it seems more like a convenient way for a theif to do their homework on you. The questions reveal important security risks, but you don't need the company to assess your risk--you can evaluate yourself just fine without submitting the answers.
4. In order to receive my gift card, I would have to submit a Personal Data Registration Form which basically asks you to mail in a list of all your accounts (numbers and balances) and important documents and even offer a limited power of attorney. YEAH, RIGHT!
In short, I cannot determine whether this service/company is legit, but it's really not even worth looking into because common sense will tell you not to comply with their ways of doing business.
 28th of May, 2011 by   Bloomfi2 +1 Votes
I got the Identity Protector offer when I activated a Fashion Bug cred card.
The man I was talking too would not take no for an answer that I did not want it. Finally I agreed to the 30 day free trial which he extended to a 45 day limit to allow for mailing the information. It arrived before the time was up and I just called to cancel it. I used the same number the person above said to use for cancellation but what a hassle getting through all the push this number and that number. Finally I just pushed a number got a person, told her what I wanted to do and she transferred me to a man who took the cancellation. No trying to talk me out of it. Said it was canceled and I will not be billed. After reading several complaints, I will wait and see if it is or not. I agree with this complaint and all the others. This company is suspect. I would not enroll if the gave it to me free forever!!
 19th of Oct, 2011 by   KING OF ZAMUNDA -1 Votes
I hate to disagree with you Sir but, I had great experience with CPP IDP-member services. I was offered 30 days free trial, and welcome email was sent to me however, I deleted because I didn't know this was giving me access to my free trial. after I call them they offered me access to the website so I can see my credit report, scores etc. it was great service and I have decided to keep it. Now I am receiving Credit monitoring, Fraud Alerts, unlimited Service Commitment. I'm sorry to hear that you had BAD experience but I must say I've enjoyed every dime I've paid. Just My two Cents !!!
 23rd of Oct, 2011 by   JOHNMACH +1 Votes
GET YOUR MONEY BACK** PLEASE READ*** XMASS IS COMMING GET IT BACK!!

HI WORKED AT CPP ID PRO FOR VIC SEC. i know for a fact if you are a vic secret member they for a fact WILL GIVE ALL YOUR MONEY BACK. Doesn't matter if its for 3 months or 3 years. they are losing business, so please CHECK ON THAT ASAP eventho if your membership as been cancel CALL THEM AND GET YOUR CREDT!!!

23rd of Oct, 2011 by   JOHNMACH +1 Votes
PLEASE READ!!! **GET YOUR MONEY BACK** NOW!!!

READDD!!!
VICTORIA SECRET / FASHION BUG/ LANE BRIAN/ FASHION BUG!!

24th of Oct, 2011 by   Misspreschool +1 Votes
OMG!!! I was on the phone about 25 minutes ago with these "people" and the person that responded to my call was horrible. She told me that I was told this and told that when in fact, I had not been told any of that. When I initially called, I was told that I would receive material in the mail and an email. Did not receive either. I was told that I would have a 45 day free trial since they were mailing information to me and that I would not be charged until the end of October. WHILE ON THE PHONE WITH THE REP, I MARKED IT ON MY CALENDAR THAT I NEEDED TO CALL AND CANCEL on October 24th, WHICH WAS TODAY!!! I called and guess what, I had been charged $14.99 already for this free service that ends on October 31st. The rep today was snippy and snotty to me when I questioned her about what I had been told and she told me no, I was told that I would be charged and get 5 months free and that I had to call and cancel by the 7th of October. She said the system showed an email had been sent within 24 hours of my initial call confirming my enrollment. She also told me it was documented that I was mailed information as well. Hmmmmm...needless to say I wanted my membership cancelled asap, refunded the $14.99, and confirmation to this effect. She told me she could cancel my membership but that I owed the $14.99 and she had no confirmation to send me that it was cancelled. SHE THEN HUNG UP ON ME. I went to the website that was given to me and of course, it was not a valid site. I called back and talked with a really nice representative who talked to her supervisor and they are refunding my $14.99 and she gave me a confirmation number that I was cancelled and refunded. So now I am not only nervous about the legitamacy of this company, I suspect they are not going to be around for much longer if this is how they do business!!!
 6th of Nov, 2012 by   purpleglitter +1 Votes
just received a email stating that something had changed on credit report and to sign on to my acct, went through I don't know how many sights and it keeps coming up something in the UK so I called the number and was told to call another number for member services which is totally different than what I just read above I thought was would be legit coming through my Roamans card so I'm trying to cancel my acct as fast as I can, I have never received anything in the mail or Emails for any information.
 24th of Sep, 2013 by   JeaninMadTown 0 Votes
I had the same experience as "Miss Common Sense". I'm glad I read her e-mail regarding this company. I now feel like I may be able to get somewhere, when I go to cancel this service.
 5th of May, 2014 by   Shoechick1212 0 Votes
It seems we are all now in the same boat. Like King of Zamunda, I had a great experience with IDP which I got thru my Vic Sec credit card. I would get an alert, go to the website and BAM all information was there as promise. However, just recevied and alert and lo and behold, I can no longer find the website. Like the other person, I keep getting a UK webiste. sent and email stating that if I can't get to website or get an answer in 48 hrs, I am going to cancel my membership, however, after reading these comments, I think Im just going to cancel right now.
 18th of Jun, 2014 by   wisemary 0 Votes
The rep from VS insisted on giving me this trial period then $14.99 per month afterwards with a gift card as an added bonus. She said that I will get a kit and an email. I got the email but it wouldn't set up the account. I canceled it. The rep from idpro was very respectful and informative. It will be interesting to see if I ever get the gift card. I don't have high hopes. I think the company maybe a scam.

Top 5 Holiday Shopping Scams