logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Fisher & Paykel DCS 5 burner stove
Defective stovetop and no way to get it repaired or replaced!
2. (5 mins ago)
nobita
bad effect for my child
3. (9 mins ago)
worldhealth.ca
Reps are liars and told bullshit about their services
4. (9 mins ago)
ACS Legal Group / Advance Cash America
ACS Legal Group Scam
5. (17 mins ago)
Bovada
Cheating honest people out of money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Houseoftoners.com Complaints & Reviews - The ink quality is horrible, it bleeds and makes everything appear blurry

Houseoftoners.com Contacts & Informations

Houseoftoners.com

Posted: 2012-06-22 by    Dorane

The ink quality is horrible, it bleeds and makes everything appear blurry

Houseoftoners.com
houseoftoners.com
I purchased 12 re-manufactured HP Ink Cartridges from houseoftoners.com (920XL CD972AN CD973AN CD974AN for Officejet) that were advertised to have chips.
houseoftoners.com sells ink cartridges from their website an are also a major seller of ink cartridges on ebay.

First of all, a third of the ink cartridges arrived leaking and were a mess.
Second, not a single one of the cartridges was a 920XL (the bigger version), and even then they were not filled very full.
Third, even though hey were advertised to be “with chip” the printer saw them as completely empty; there was no way to see the ink levels.

Fourth, the ink quality is horrible, it bleeds and makes everything appear blurry.

I purchased from the cartridges same time I brought my printer. This last week the oem cartridges that came with the printer started to run out so I started to use the houseoftoners ones (the ones that were not leaking)

Even though they were advertised to be "with chip" the printer reads all of them as empty. I could still print with them though by bypassing the ‘empty cartridge’ screen, but I could only print 4-5 pages before the cartridge emptied without warning. I have been printing color images and so far I have been having to throw away half of them because one color or another has run out mid-picture. I have gone through 7 cartridges trying to print 8 pictures.

With the original cartridges that came with the printer I managed to print over 40 pictures. All of them look much better them the ones I managed to print with the houseoftoners.com carts.

I contacted them with these complaints, and they replied that regardless of their advertising they do not reset the chips on any of their re-manufactured carts. He did say that they would replace the leaking ones if I ship them back.
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of May, 2014 by   howardmoen 0 Votes
House of toners has sent me the WRONG cartridges and cartridges that do not work, as well. They ignore my emails.
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE CLOWNS!

Saving on Halloween