logo

TV9- Telugu
Case of Defamation
3. (23 mins ago)
IneedFinancialHelp.net
I paid and they didn’t give me a loan.
4. (34 mins ago)
Bagrrys India Limited White Oats
Contaminated White Oats by Bagrrys India Limited
5. (46 mins ago)
mypapergeek.com
They provide bad papers and copy everything from Internet

Consumer Tips & Tricks

HotMovieSale.com

Posted:    Carrie

Unauthorized Charge

SmartSavingsCenter.com
I orderd two movies for my Son for Christmas from www.HotMovieSale.com. I was looking at my monthly statement for my Credit Card and noticed a deduction of $29.95 from SmartSavingsCenter.com. I NEVER joined a Membership or authorized this deduction from my account. When I ordered the movies from HotMovieSale.com they authomatically joined me to SmartSavingsCenter.com. I called SmartSavingsCenter.com to canel this membership, and they sent me an email confirming it. The question is, will my $29.95 be credited to my account. BIG RIPOFF SCAM!
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of May, 2009 by   P.V. +1 Votes
Hot Movie Sale.com is a total scam. I bought two movies totaling $7.00 (a one time purchase) and was charged $29.95 in addition by SmartSavingsCenter.com for a membership. What does S
mart Savings Center have to do with Hot Movies Sale. THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM.
 21st of May, 2009 by   Sue 0 Votes
LET THE BYER BE WARE! I ordered one movie from Hot Movie Sale.com. They claim that it was mailed out and recieved on 4/23/09, at 3:09 PM EST. I never got it. I am now waiting to hear about a refund. I will also consider going to The Ohio State Attorney General.
 5th of Jun, 2009 by   alyxer +1 Votes
I got scammed too. I was researching a movie on ebay that was hard to find and ebay said it couldn't find it but listed a link of another vendor that claimed to have it. I trusted it because I trusted ebay. I followed the link and signed up. I thought it was another site like ebay / Amazon. It even has the same format as Amazon. It allowed me to check out and order the movie, but a few days later I learned they didn't acutally have it in stock and the movie was backordered. I checked back about two weeks later and was going to cancel because I found the movie on ... Amazon. I wanted to see if they charged me so I hit payment history and found they deducted four times the amount of the ordered DVD. It was for a membership. I tried to get support through the site's trouble ticket link and it sent me to SmartSavingsCenter.com and required me to register with that site. I wonder if it would have charged me another Membership fee and I didn't register. Thinking the whole thing shady I checked the internet and found numerous accounts of unauthorized and tricky charges.

I'm looking for anyone who is going to pursue legal / public awareness. My goal is to get SmartSavingsCenter.com and Hotmoviessales.com and their affliates off the internet, off sites like ebay and to be accountable for the damage they've done. I'm not so much interest in getting money back (though it would be nice) but I am looking to get the ones responsible in jail. And if we could personally reach them financially we could at least mess up their credit ratings. So we don't get our money back but those idiots try to rent an apartment, buy a car or a house... that is where our revenge will kick in. Not only that but companies and other potential business partners will have notice they are sketchy. Hopefully sites like ebay will require that their sponsors pass a certain background check that people like this will fail. It may not be reality now but hopefully ... if we get these !@#$ heads and with a little lobbying ... it can be done.
 8th of Jun, 2009 by   damienrecords +2 Votes
The same thing just happened to me. It is indeed a scam and perhaps internet terrorism at its best. The terrorists are within. They get you where you are most vulnerable and unsuspecting. I paid via paypal debit and perhaps the unauthorized charge of 19.99 will be repaid.
 13th of Jun, 2009 by   cbeal +2 Votes
Thank you for the information! I was thinking of ordering a dvd but hate to order off sites that charge you a monthly fee if you don't cancel within a certain length of time. I appreciate the warning!
 13th of Jun, 2009 by   Brian Pinette +2 Votes
NOTE: In their email and order confirmation, they do NOT make mention of the fact you have to cancel, as they subsequently tell you over the phone. They indicated it was in their email order confirmation. I save everything. Therefore, I wrote them and told them not only would I write the BBB, but, I am a film-maker and would make their behavior international via youtube, facebook, etc. My refund was promptly given. I am writer, producer, director of upcoming film "I'm Frightened Julie Andrews, I'm Frightened." Google or do a search of it ... snippets are all over the net. Publicity is good, but not if it is bad, i.e., www.hotmoviesale.com
 9th of Oct, 2009 by   melpattipullen 0 Votes
I am so mad! I too ordered a $5.00 dollar movie of Michael Jackson that I could not find any where else! Got my bank statement with an extra $19.95 charge on it. I was like WHAT! So I called and they told me the same thing that everyone else has said about HotMovies.com...A Membership...I don't think so...I canceled on 10/04/05 and then on 10/05/09, I caleed my bank and there was a nother charge on there for $19.95 that they again charged, I called back they said it went through on 10/03/09 before I canceled! I was so very mad all I could do was call them and YELL at them...They had better give me my money back! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY>>>THEY ARE A SHAM...think all the money they have made off people...
 24th of Dec, 2009 by   UpsetinVA 0 Votes
I definitely should have checked the complaints board before ordering from HotMovieSale.com too! I ordered a DVD set for my husb for xmas on 11/19 at 5am and, coincidentally he ordered it for himself somewhere else and it arrived on 11/19; so around 9pm THAT SAME EVENING I called to cancel the order.
I was sent an email stating it was cancelled and then heard nothing else from them. HOWEVER I just checked my bank statement and found out they processed a $9.95 charge on 12/19 - not sure for what!
I called them immediately and spoke with someone who was obviously reading a script and informed them that I NEVER joined a membership nor did I authorized any transactions so they need to refund my money and remove me from ANY and ALL databases.
I contacted my bank as well to dispute the charge and will now contact the BBB.
 24th of Dec, 2009 by   Sue Ohio +1 Votes
Get your account numbers changed.
 20th of Apr, 2010 by   terrygalsal 0 Votes
I was looking for a movie that was out for some time. I finally decided to join Ebay to find it and it listed some links. I clicked on two different web links and both took me to the same web site HOTMOVIESALE.com so i guessed since it was on the Ebay web site it was fine. I proceeded to buy the movie i wanted for $10.45 then i entered my card number and read a print for the purchase of my movie and no other link about any membership fee... but the next day i got an email from Ebay advising me to never buy from other link on there site yet they didn't mention that before the links where given to me... i checked my statements for the next two week and then i noticed that on april 16, 2010 i was being charged $19.95 members fee from BESTBRANDVALUE.com
I was so mad and called the 1-866 toll free number and they had to transfer me cause the line was for a web cam caller only. so a man answered (called a TRANSLATOR) and said the the caller was not answering for 3 straight minutes... i finally was able to cancel the membership on line' i just hope it works and the stop charging me...
Oh and the movie i wanted was going to be re-available may 7, 2010... I made the purchase on april 4, 2010...
 29th of Jul, 2010 by   Riley's Mommy 0 Votes
I have heard so many bad reviews for this site and I am so glad I checked it out before buying anything. I've read a few reviews stating they told the company they would report them to BBB and that their credit card company was ready to dispute charges and they then decided it would be wise to credit back all the money they had scammed off these people. This site should be completely taken off the internet if they are scamming so many people!
 9th of Nov, 2010 by   Nickluv7 0 Votes
THIS IS A SCAM COMPANY THAT DOES NOT DO ANYTHING BUT RIP OFF THE PUBLIC!!! Somebody needs to put a stop to them. I ordered one movie, canceled the subscription in 2 days and never received any other notification. They ended up ignoring the cancelation and billing me $9.95 per month for the next 6 months. So a movie under $10 cost me over $60.00. They offered to take off $29.99 of it and have told us that they can take up to one to two months to get refunded. I'm still out $30! They do not have a dispute department and they claim that they are very clear that any purchases requires a subscription, but have no answers as to why they ignored my timely cancelation. They asked for a cancelation number, but they never sent me one. When asked about the names of the owners of the company, we were told that they are unable to disclose that information. Probably because they have a criminal past (my opinion). We have been told if we want to dispute it further we have to send a letter to P.O. Box 810365, Boca Raton, FL 33481. Boca Raton, Florida, where over 2, 000 cases of larceny have been recorded a year since 2006. Please let us all report them (and BestBrandValues.com and SmartSavingsCenter.com) to Consumer Fraud Report - here is the website: http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/reporting.php Let's put an end to these (in my opinion and apparently many others - see the reports) internet thieves.
 2nd of Dec, 2010 by   LindaNM 0 Votes
The exact same thing happened to me. I've been charged $19.95 for the past 5 months, I called and complained in August and it was suppose to be cancelled and I was to be credited $39.90, total Bull!!! I have been charged again, they stopped for 2 months and I was just recently charged again, I called again to complain and they are the worst customer service center I have ever spoke to. I had to call my bank and cancel my card.

401k Withdrawals - What You Need to Know