logo

Celcom
Worst Customer Service
3. (18 mins ago)
broadwaytour.net
They took money for the tickets and never contacted me again
4. (19 mins ago)

Hobby Lobby

Posted:    Samuel

Doesn't care about customers

Hobby Lobby
I had ordered a stretcher frame over a year ago from Hobby Lobby. I did forget about it which was my fault entirely. I was in the middle of a pregnancy and moving when we originally dropped the pieces off and things became hectic. My husband and I went in to pick up the art work which was put on wood stretchers totalling approx. $120. We paid and realized that it looked off. The framer (Mike) had advised us that an additional frame on the outside of the canvas along with glass would look good. We took the frame to the back and requested this additional work.

When I returned to pick it up Kim (an excellent employee) recognized me (since I had been there on numerous occassions) and referred to another frame that I had purchased prior to this occassion which consisted of an autographed CD cover.

When I took the frame to the front, The total I was being charged was over $265. As the cashier was ringing me up, I noticed there was a problem. I was being charged for the initial stretcher once again. I advised her of the issue and she immediatly contacted the Assistant Store Manager, Brenda who made me feel as if I was being interrogated, had no discrepancy, and suggested right away that if I were to have paid for the frame that an extra white document would not be attatched to the work (the thought never occurred that they might have not removed it properly) and asked for the original receipt for part one of the work which was over a year old. She advised me that without the original receipt nothing could be done. I asked for the corporate number.

I contacted the credit card company who could not provide me with statements online over a year old unless I paid for a paper statement to be sent.

I then contacted corporate only to speak with a customer service representative named Cheri who spoke above me and faster everytime I tried to respond to her as she was going through her rebuttles. I advised her on the 3rd occassion during our conversation to please refrain from doing that as I found it extremely rude and she then told me it was because I was "interrupting" her!

I suggested the possibility of getting the credit card to send them an image of the receipt as a possibility as even if I did have the receipt, it would most likely be faded by now. Also, I was dealing with a store I thought I could trust. Both, my husband and myself have gotten our degrees framed there (MBA & BA each) along with several other works. Cheri's response was that she kept her receipts "quiet a while" and if put in file folders she knew first-hand they would "last at least 4 years."

I then suggested to Cheri that I would like to make sure I had my work returned to me as it was purchased in the Dominican Republic as a souvenir. She called the store and said she made the arrangement to have the frame removed.

I asked to speak to her supervisor. His name was Joel. He was very courteous and said I could send documentation to him. However, as I needed the frames today (gift) this was not very helpful to me. This would maybe get me a refund, but I would need to spend more money for statements and additional time on this issue when I really want nothing more to do with Hobby Lobby. My time is more valuable.

In the end, I called the store to see if this work was ready to be picked up when I was 5 minutes away. I was told that it was and when I went in, I was handed the frames once more. I advised that I was not paying for the additional work. Another framing department employee walked by who seemed to know what was going on and told the framer to remove the frames. This took about 20 minutes. I was then handed frameless work without the stretchers that I had previously paid for.

Both my mother and my grandmother whom until this day were loyal customers with the school district and members of local church organizations never experienced such awful service. Also, I've done mystery shopping for several other companies, provided with a problomatic scenerio and never once have I been treated so poorly or spoken down to in front of others at a store.

It's really a shame that Hobby Lobby doesn't have more competition other than Michael's in our area. Maybe they would care more about their customers if they did.

I will be forwarding this information and my family has also agreed to spread the word. Hobby Lobby accomplished throwing away my time, custom frame work, and their employees time not to mention several loyal customers.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of May, 2010 by   T Rugger 0 Votes
So let me make sure I have this right, You forgot your order, receipt and paperwork. You are to busy and your time is to valuable for you to take responibilty. So it is totally the retailer's fault. Maybe if you did not feel so high and mighty towards other maybe you would receive better service. I like how you throw in your degrees and your trip, which have nothing to do this the issue. If you had read the paperwork you signed, you would have noticed after 120 days the items belong to Hobby Lobby. Maybe you should had paid a storage fee for them keeping your art work for that long. Maybe next time you walk into a retail store or another business you thing of your responibilityin being a customer

Real Estate Foreclosure Scam